Render Unto Caesar

>Fallout 1 and 2
>General Information etc:
pastebin.com/mtYCtDLV

>Fallout 3 and New Vegas
>General Information, Mod Recommendations & Run Ideas etc:
pastebin.com/u29WKkGy
>Babbys first modding guide
rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/fallout-new-vegas-sigourns-recommended-mods.114486/

>Fallout 4
>General Information, Mod Recommendations etc:
pastebin.com/2W7Dhy69

>/fog/ Asset and Mod Repository
>Steam Guide of good mods
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=752795517

>GUNetwork
>Rips (Primarily for NV):
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B45SllNAhiQscHhxR28tZ1FwNTA

>How to Convert Skyrim / Oblivion / NV / FO3 etc. Models to FO4 & Bodyslide Guide:
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>OP Pasta
pastebin.com/raw/dFMpLWAX

Pre-War thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/sssexz.7z
youtube.com/watch?v=fRXeO5JpFxM
youtube.com/watch?v=pycGOLv-NyI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Frost Survival is objectively the best way to play the game

This part always cracks me up. literally fry your commander a la jet engine

>a 15-year-old Todd Howard hitchhiking to Maryland to start his very own video game company

Reminder not to pay for Creation Club content when you can get the activation files for free;
my.mixtape.moe/sssexz.7z

I wonder how would a game designed by the Gang be

Only for the 1st batch, the newest ones needs Zenicoins

True, but still.
I guess Beth didn't change the system due to HDD usage but rather because of the way that people could easily pirate the content.

The Nightman Cometh

Actually, they changed the system because the initial roll out was done simply because that's the way it had to be on consoles, and it was easier to just have PC do it the same way to make sure it was all working

Consoles still get everything downloaded because Microsoft and Sony told them they had to do it that way

you can also sit back and watch him fight infinitely spawning synths for as long as you like, and then pick up enough energy cells to never worry about laser ammo ever again

>dismiss companion
>they still follow me around but are aggressive if i hit them
>won't fucking go away

i am being triggered

is there even anything on the creation club that's worth it?

Probably not the best place to ask but since it only happens in fallout 4 I thought someone may know. What is causing these lines? It doesn't happen everywhere or all the time but sometimes the graphics just glitch out like this.

Are you using an AMD card? If so, turn off either AA or Anistropic Filtering in the game options

your the one that had your 390 die and had to go back to integrated?

disable precombined meshes

FUCK I didn't think of that.

well a user here is fixing the DOOMGUY's Armor
the large content will come out later
and one of the Sims devs did a Modern Furniture pack

Personally, I think the CC version of the Hellfire armor looks better than any of the free versions on the Nexus and whatnot.

Free shit is free shit.
Whenever they release stuff for free, I take it.

Using a GTX 1060 but will give it a try thanks

Nope not that guy

Both are great, though Bethesda's one was made with Fo3 style in mind, while Payton's one is more original.

The only Problem is how they left it there on Saugus, instead of keeping somewhere with some Enclave's remnants

youtube.com/watch?v=fRXeO5JpFxM

>he doesn't play with synthstream FM
virgins are not allowed in this thread

You can argue looks, the Nexus version is implemented into the game better and has way more features.

How's New Vegas with mods to make it harder?
I got started in Skyrim with some survival mods and want to try out New Vegas with some too.
Anyone have any experience?

I got bored with Fallout 3.
Also, would I be right in saying NV is literally "play through multiple times" since quests can cancel out entire storylines?

>Also, would I be right in saying NV is literally "play through multiple times" since quests can cancel out entire storylines?
yes

aliens

>Also, would I be right in saying NV is literally "play through multiple times" since quests can cancel out entire storylines?
No, New Vegas is a game where you can do 99% of the quests, then save the game, and then do the four faction questlines in a few hours.

You only have to replay the last like 30th of the game

Is it somewhat obvious when I'm taking sides to cut off quests?
I mean, I know there's the whole Caeser's Legion vs like... three other main factions and then an independant ending or something.

But in terms of side quests, is it the same where it's literally "do x or y and get a plot" or more like Fallout 3 where it's "not doing Greyditch, nobody cares. Not doing Moira's quest, nobody cares".

Nahant is actually kinda comfy

Does CC still dumb all the mods straight into your HDD, or have the made it sane and you only download it when you get the mod?

The NCR and the Legion are the two factions to watch out for. Just don't do any quests *against* those factions, and you'll be fine. You can always do quests FOR those factions, so long as they don't go against the other main faction. Like how there's a quest where you go to a Vault to gather some data for an NCR scientist. Nothing to do with the Legion, so you'll still be cool with them if you do it.

profligates, profligates everywhere

Thinking about getting FO4, what all should I buy?

Pirate it.

Im good.

why is the beginning of the game so much better then the rest of the game?

this quest was one of the best in the whole thing

I was thinking of buying it too until this creation club crap dropped then I just pirated it.

pic?

i can't deal with adding things into the game that isn't officially made by the game makers
unless its minor like clothes textures or better minute man flare spawns

first part of act 1 was showcased in E3 so it had to be good, the rest of act 1 is just to draw you in

you can always tell you've entered act 2 when story npcs stop doing unique animations and also when the prydwen arrives,
but that's a bit more obvious

>i can't deal with adding things into the game that isn't officially made by the game makers
lol

the cc one looks like a straight port

well now that i kinda get what creation club is that's almost worse...

im having trouble verbalizing this but the difference between an official DLC and just pay $5 for a mod for armor is big
totally different for me... idk if i can even consider creation club "official" game material

especially since im guessing there's all sorts of things in creation club that is lore breaking (well more than the normal amount of lore breaking bethesgay does)

>High Resolution Texture Pack
Yeah it's free, but it's absolutely not worth the ridiculous amount of space it takes up on your hard drive, nor the ridiculous minimum GPU requirements.

>Workshops
Not worth it at all if you're not into settlement building, still not worth it unless you're REALLY into settlement building, like autistically so.

>Nuka World
Do you want to be a raider? If yes, sure, get it. It's alright. If no, don't. There's absolutely nothing to do if you side against the raiders.

>Automatron
Pretty good. Dicking around with robot parts can be fun, but you have to sink a lot of perk points into a lot of perks to get a worthwile robot companion.

>Far Harbor
Legitimately actually pretty great. As much shit as I give the other DLC, and Fallout 4 in general, I highly recommend it. The only bad part is the part is that tedious quest where you have to recover a character's lost memories.

>Creation Club
No.

If you want Far Harbor, Nuka World, and Automatron at least, just get the Season Pass anyways. It's cheaper.

>tfw i got the season pass when it was $20

FLASH

BLAM

ALAKAZAM

So get none of them? Got it. Kinda wanted to see how the game stood on its own at first anyway.

no retard
get far harbor

GET
FAR HARBOR

it's even better than the vanilla game
looks better, better music, better quests, better dialogue, better player choices, better settlements better everything

>tfw the captcha is "HOUSE"

Best comparison picture I could find. Left is Creation Club, right is Nexus.

wow sweet pic
well the left definitely looks more realistic imo

does the right's eyes light up?

and forgot to mention that far harbor doesn't add anything to the vanilla game aside from some random drop rates of 3 or 4 far harbor only guns

and for me there was a bug where santcuary kept playing far harbor music

but it's not like skyrim where the second you download the DLC's you have vampires and dragon worshippers or whatever attacking you every time you fast travel

ok faggot, I will one day.

ok

There are optimized high res texture packs on nexus, i think one of which the modder went thru the entire high res dlc pack and handpicked the only ones that matter. Unless you want 4k bullet textures.....

you won't regret it

A lot of the mods require all the dlc. I cant be fucked to care so I just bought the season pass.

Buy the season pass or pirate everything. Every other answer is retarded.

Also the high res textures are just a waste of space

Just got the base game for now. I'll get far harbor when I am bored around the Steam Christmas sale time.

Thanks anons.

If you pirate the dlc you can just drag and drop the files into steams fo4/data directory and it should work just fine.

Then again Ive never tried it. but I bought the season pass, installed the dlc and refunded it. and ive been moving around the dlc files without losing them.

Yes, the right's eyes light up and it has more paint jobs

Again, don't buy JUST far harbor. Nuka World is decent and Automaton is a lot of fun for it's size and has a cool robot builder thing. Buy the season pass so you get all the stuff that is decent and get everything else for pretty much free.

That or pirate everything.

Might as well have you bases covered for mods and whatnot.

interesting... well im a PS4 fag anyways so it probably doesn't matter...
sigh

Will do. This time Mr.Owl would like to thank you.

wow that's cute. What's his favorite video game

youtube.com/watch?v=pycGOLv-NyI

My Summer Car, he likes the menu music.

good taste desu

:)

Anyone know what mod expands the crafting window like that?

(Screenshot is from JIP Improved Recipe Menu)

>energy weapons
why were they so shit?

did they ever patch the bug with tesla magazines not doing anything?
and why weren't insitute guns better?
why no institute plasma guns?

Are there mods that effectively replace the shitty weapons in FO4 with actual armaments? I want assault rifles, sniper rifles, shotguns, handguns. Not a fucking scoped pipe whatever-the-fuck with a bayonet attached.

>Blodd Boward
>telling people to pirate his stuff
Yeah right

hey there friend
i was with you up until you said
>pirate everything

you wanna explain to me what you meant buy that?
surely a law abiding citizen such as yourself wouldn't be suggesting stealing software?
ESPECIALLY not from a wonderful game company such as Bethesda Softworks LLC ®

What does each person do after the main story?

I like to think Piper takes over the old boston bugle building and makes a widely circulated newspaper that becomes as much a mainstay in wasteland culture as the radio.

I like to think Isabel teaches robotics and robotics safety at the old CIT building, which we take over and reopen as a school again.

I like to think Heather becomes a major caraveneer, but as she becomes more successful, takes a backseat to managing the caravan and instead lives happily off the earnings. Most of the products she ships are of her own creation and are now made in my processing center/workshop center.

I like to think Talia gets over the trauma of being threatened for a long length of time, then seeing her neighbors be cruel people, then all the shooting one day and some of them dying. Hopefully she's happy being a mechanic at a regular settlement instead of the weird secretive covenant.

I like to think Ingram gets tired and retires while in the Commonwealth, and finds a nice place near the beach, sort of near the airport so they can stil come and visit her easily, and has a pleasant time after her long career. But she can't stay away from being a mechanic for long, so she hangs out with the Atom Cats and at first they don't like her since she's BoS and older than them and stuff, but she eventually is respected because she's so good at making custom power armors, they can't help but like her.

I like to think Daisy takes over the old library, and starts supporting the spread of knowledge in the commonwealth. Strong is her assistant and they banter about being quiet in the library.

>point of tesla cannon in fo3 was for the brotherhood to be able to counter enclave vertibirds
>brotherhood in fo4 have no tesla cannons or anything
>there is no quest to steal tesla cannon plans so you can arm minutemen/institute/railroad with anti-vertibird weapons

missed opportunity desu, using fo3 anti-enclave stuff against the brotherhood in fo4 would have been neat indirect storytelling

>indirect storytelling
emil wouldn't know the meaning of the word

Okay /fog/.

If Bethesda won't listen to any criticism anywhere, will they listen to it in person?

I'm planning to, if I get the cash eventually, one day fly up to Rockville, Maryland and book a hotel near Bethesda, and actually go into Bethesda Game Studios to try and locate either Todd Howard, Pete Hines, or Emil Pagliarulo and personally hand deliver them a folder filled with legitimate criticisms and concerns since Fallout 3, or some other strategy.

I'm not talking about breaking in or assaulting anyone, but just about trying to hustle my way in as fast as possible. I'll expect they will call the police but I'll already be far enough in there by the time they do. I'm sure the worst I could be charged with is trespassing.

If they won't listen to an ocean of criticism or even make a single response when Obsidian's lead devs do so casually all the time, maybe they'll have a change of heart when some disgruntled maniac barges into their office and chastises them in person.

try bringing a gun and holding them hostage, you'll have more time to explain what you want in the next fallout that way

/k/ might have some good suggestions for an office hostage operation

Are you autistic by any chance?

they will only listen to complaints from gaming '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''journalism''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' outlets like they did with 4
>wahhh why don't we have a voice
todd: ok
>wahhh why do companions die
>wahhh why do the animations suck

if you think animations were better in fallout 3 i think you need to see a doctor because something is seriously wrong

I meant 3 instead of 4

they changed those things for 4

My dude I haven't even met father yet. I usually get overly sucked into base building until I get bored and stop playing. I've restarted the game so many times I've just made peace with the game and installed alternate start. 30 hours into this new playthrough, and I've met up with Preston and got them over to sanctuary. That's as far as I've gotten so far. I am barely starting to build sunshine tidings so I have a second base for me to setup for belchers cave/corvega.

Don't forget to try the DLC's!

Season pass available now for the low low price of $40.99!!!

Act now!

I'm getting the base game, no DLC. On the nexus there's the unofficial patch, but it requires all the DLC and the core-only patch is rather old.

Don't feel like bothering to pirate DLC I have no interest in, should I just get the outdated vanilla patch?

This
Your sacrifice is for the good of the vault

I hadn't realized how cute cait's voice is

I bought the game on sale for 30$ and pirated the DLC.

Yes, obviously. What mods do you like to play with?

I don't use the unofficial patch and my game runs fine with over 250+ mods.

Blowout now fellow Vaultdweller.

I also never met Cait once. She better be the bee's knees once I meet her or I am going to be mad at you Caitfag.

If it makes you feel better Todd, I'm sure I'll end up putting more steam hours logged than New Vegas.

Best mods on Loverslab for FO4?

so... seriously guys

anyone heard ANYTHING about a fallout 4 spin off or another DLC (not creation club) in the works?
rumors?
myths?
autistic ramblings?

and is another obsidian fallout really off the table?

No. Nothing.

All signs point to no new game for several years

But lots of stuff like merchandising and board games to tide you over

no
no
no
yes

and most likely but I'll never let go of the shred of hope I have, even though a big part of New Vegas was them telling fans to have no hope for a new game by them.

there probably wont be a spinoff and there certainly wont be any more fo4 dlc

there wont be a fallout 5 until after skyrim 2, it probably hasn't even been greenlit yet

Truly. It's like music to my ears. Every time she speaks to me, my heart rate increases, my pupils dilate, and my breathing quickens.

I wholeheartedly believe she is indeed the bee's knees. But who you like in this game is very subjective, and every companion is great, and everyone loves who they love for a reason. So it's entirely possible you love her and it's entirely possible you hate her.

>more non cc dlc
nope, 3 workshits, 2 storylines and 1 story/workshit
>spinoff game
nothing official, even if it was, its improbable it'll be outsourced to someone else like with NV