> How to Webm
obsproject.com
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/raw/X21L9apn
gamejolt.com/games/clickalypse/286941
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I doubt I'll make it for Halloween jam.

Submitting a sub-par game is no fun either.

I really want to make a Morrowind clone. Any advice?

Yeah. Just do what Dark Souls did.

indents for what ? what everything does? Also why new line after the if statement if I only need to use shit like candash=false;

I am always open for correction user, tell me how I can compress this shit.

pic again because of new thread.

Reposting

>Extended the item combination system to a point where it could handle baking much like in arx fatalis.

Basically it was a system where you combined items and actually interacted with the world (for example by putting raw dough in an oven) to make items instead of just standing at an oven, spawning bread from a crafting menu as long as you have the ingredients.

Ultima Online had pretty much the same system.

Indent everything between brackets. Like this.
if(variable > randomfuckingnumer){
(indent)do shit
}

Ok, I get it now and give you another (You) in approval.

It makes it readable you cuck.

>his editor doesn't auto indent
the absolute state of gamemakerbabbies

Thank you user.
I'll make good use of that (you).

So I've been adding my own postprocessing shadows, not fully celshaded but looks much better with some shadows.

SKELLYDEV, PLEASE POST.

oh now I get it! yeah that is actually what I could do.

actually I find it better, if you have it right after the if statement if it is only 1 method.

yeah this shitty editor is really lacking many shit. There aren´t even auto closing brackets.

So I finally figured out a really hacky seeming animation event focused mecanim reliant way of doing melee animations! Its a work in progress but I think Im going to have to start doing a re-code soon.

>actually I find it better, if you have it right after the if statement if it is only 1 method.
the rest of the programming world disagrees.

It's what you should do. It makes everything more readable. There indents jump out at you, you can find shit easier.

I don't think your animations aren't that bad. Maybe the rest of the character could be a little more animated as he moves and attacks?

just do it mane, i'm an atrocious programmer but even my code is not as bad as yours to read

A kobold game !!!!

kobold's are hyena like, not rat like

yeah thank you! But do you or anyone else have an idea how to get rid of all of this if else statements?

also here a little bit better formatted.

Thanks, its all wip. Unity seems to be sometimes skipping past the more exaggerated frames unless you make them last atleast 3-4 frames at times. Plus I wasnt familiar with how certain animations would flow, or even work a year back. She even has lower and upper body anims back when it was third person shooter.
Shes a rat sorry. Kobold-like creatures are a planned first encounter though.

Redpill me on Godot.

How do I learn godot?

Your indentation is wrong still man. This is why you put curly braces and new lines after every if/else statement. It's super hard to read. If you post a paste of it I'll give you an example of how to do it properly

>she

you could replace the ifs with && and || but that's not recommended bc it makes it slower

also indentation is still not right

if(key_dash){
if (!place_meeting(x,y+1,obj_wall))
canDash=false;
else canDash=true;
if (canDash) dashing = true;
if (dashing){
hsp= dashspeed;
alarm[0] = dashTime;
}}

here you go.

>call an anthropomorphic character a "he"
>no-one bats an eyelid
>call an anthropomorphic character a "she"
>>she

if(key_dash){if (!place_meeting(x,y+1,obj_wall))canDash=false;else canDash=true;if (canDash) dashing = true;if (dashing){hsp= dashspeed;alarm[0] = dashTime;}}

here you go.

>mfw my first code actually looked like this

autism?

>masculine frame/build
>no tits
>no hips
work on your character design

pastebin.com/raw/X21L9apn

>>>>>>>>she
looks really weird when you're facing her and you can't see her eyes

#include

using namespace std;

int main(){
cout

Note that all I did was indent, I didn't refactor any of it. I think a fair chunk of this code can be revised to remove the sequential ifs, but that's another task for another day.

you're a jew.

GET FUCKING DOXED, QUINCY.

thank you user. I will implement your code, but I don´t know if I will make this always consequently. Because I find that kinda hard to read.

But I will look if I can do this. For tomorrow I need to implement dashing while walking and walljumping. Also facing direction is important.
Then shoot and I am done with the basics of the character

The lore keeps me interested

oh shit

It starts off looking harder but it more logically groups together stuff. It also helps prevent bugs where you add some logic later on to a previously 1-line body of it and wonder why it's always executing (it's because it will be outside of the if statement then)

'DAS RIGHT, NIGGA.

think you can fight me nigger

checkmate

I'LL FUCK YA' UP.

well i have a pig as a friend and he will shoot you

That wasnt me. Though I will say that plays into the character a bit, using makeup/cloths to doll it up a bit. Gathering accouterments mid game.
A modelling mistake. Though by the time I noticed I thought it was kind of charming. Her attack animations involve alot of head turning to see ahead.

That's against the constitution sir.

WATCHA GONNA DO WHEN THEY COME FOR YOU? A GANG O' HATIN' PIGS.

Looks like a kobold.

I will try it user!

btw. on one tutorial someone said the collision should be a script which runs which can be included by most of the characters. How can I do this?

>hyena like

those are gnolls

Kobolds are have a lot of different interpretations. I'd like to see a game where all the different styles were included, and you could procedurally mix and match. Kind of like what MTG did with goblins in Llorwyn

If you set up microtransactions and you want to tax different countries different amounts based from the United States is that something thats regulated by the federal government? Can you put an additional charge on your order if you just hate Canadians and you want them to have to pay more?

>if you just hate Canadians and you want them to have to pay more
kek

Wtf godot has C# now? how?

It was designed with support for multiple languages in mind, it's also getting C++, Python and Rust.

GDscript has always been a language designed to run as a layer above a c++ backend, it was designed with multi-language support from the get go. Not to mention the entire editor is (kind of ironically) made in Godot so even that isn't really hard coded.

why is everyone so hype about cuphead i don't get it

unique artstyle, backed up by a challenging game

>microtransactions
Get out.

Mainstream games have become so devoid of challenge that anything which dares to kill the player becomes an instant classic, see Dark Souls

depleted stamina vill now lower your movement speed.

What is this?

Something I did earlier. It's a simple animation for first boss' dialog portrait.

my game of course

That's not a game, user.

it's in development, why else would it be in an agdg thread?

Looks great

The animations aren't bad, they seem too slow though.

Doesn't fucking look like it's in development. It looks like you made a small demo in 2013 to play around with.

Hi agdg it's been a while

People who have no confidence in their own work, or often HAVE no work of their own are usually the ones most likely to shit talk other's works.
Which category do you fall in?

I got to in my own head about making the animations. I thought if the difference inbetween frames was too far apart then the "center wouldn't count", so the active parts of the mace have more holding frames. Ill have to change it up more Also the gif uses a frame rate of around 20 cause I cant find a reliable mp4 exporter.

>That feel when someone steals your game

gamejolt.com/games/clickalypse/286941

I'm not sure what to make of this, I'm at a loss for words.

damn, you sound butthurt.

fuck off it's like the most unoriginal idea ever

where's your idea?

procedurally generated voxel mining and construction game

thought the thumbnail was pic related and was ready post about how much of a silly goofball user you were. nm, still don't know what i'm looking at though

I fall under the category of someone who has literally NEVER developed before. I literally just started yesterday and I only have the project file right now. I have yet to become a failure like you guys, but i'll alert you when I get there.

whats the best:
> time it takes to make
vs
> quality of output
graphical style

and why is it Doom style billboards?

You've already fallen further than anyone else here.

I didn't say it's a good game; but the guy didn't change anything about it. Same name and everything.

send a c&d

>gamejolt
> mfw i log onto gamejolt for the first time in years and it gives me $750
it was a good day

Define Doom style billboards?

figure it out

who me

Sprites that always face you, but "turn" depending on their angle. Like here the sprites of the imps themselves always face you, but their sprite changes depending the angle they're facing

Shit people remember that? Cus I was trying to rip it off

if this is that first person game where u slap peoples shit, iv seen ur game in facebook memes

you made it

Are you dev working on the game with the skellys and the teenagers?

Nope. I have Death Grips. I will never fall.

Oh yeah? Got links or anything? Always cool to see people sharing my stuff.

yes it is me

Is English your native language?