/smtg/ - 真・女神転生/Shin Megami Tensei General

New 3DS game is called "Deep Strange Journey/Strange Journey Redux" further info and trailers:

atlus.com/strangejourney/home.html
shin-megamitensei.jp/dsj/
youtube.com/watch?v=6kXOfSFb2EU
youtube.com/watch?v=IvLc8kXrz1g
youtube.com/watch?v=09Ty1p9tQEQ
youtube.com/watch?v=kJ-5x5IaYFA

SMT HD Project teased at Nintendo Switch Presentation:
youtube.com/watch?v=ut9ekAp2drs

New SMT HD Project info coming October 23rd.
gematsu.com/2017/09/shin-megami-tensei-hd-project-news-coming-october-23

Dx2 Shin Megami Tensei: Liberation announced for smartphones:
gematsu.com/2017/09/dx2-shin-megami-tensei-liberation-teaser-trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=AAiRowFQLY0

>Alignment themed concerts
personacentral.com/event/shin-megami-tensei-25th-anniversary-festival-law-side-concert/
personacentral.com/event/shin-megami-tensei-25th-anniversary-festival-chaos-side-concert/

Shin Megami Tensei: Synchronicity Prologue side-scroller for PC released as free download
gematsu.com/2017/10/shin-megami-tensei-synchronicity-prologue-side-scroller-pc-released-free-download

>Starter guide
i.imgur.com/zJcYpuE.png

>Tips and tricks
pastebin.com/J6ER3Eve

>Fangames, artbooks, soundtracks, manga, and other downloads
pastebin.com/znkHg0kZ

>OST links
pastebin.com/kLbYxjFU

>Misc translations
pastebin.com/XE7fjVPy

>Booru
smtg.booru.org/

>Recommended reading
pastebin.com/ByiXrDGX

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/xq0ear1r0cvq40h/Synchronicity Prologue English V1.zip?dl=0
youtube.com/watch?v=mcmP8NBg0CY
youtube.com/watch?v=QKMRad3df4A
youtube.com/watch?v=wpyWEgEUkQE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Need a link to the English Synchonicity Prologue translation. I was going to add it, but I don't actually have a link.

I wish I could be a totally radical Devil Summoner.

this pls
me need some more good bass covers of other SMT battle themes

This is a Spookies-only general.

Report and hide Soul Society posts.
Report and ignore Soul Society posters.

dropbox.com/s/xq0ear1r0cvq40h/Synchronicity Prologue English V1.zip?dl=0
here

Strange Journey just isn't jiving with me, and I can't figure out why. I enjoyed Nocturne, 4, 4:A, P3, P4, and I don't think the first person dungeon crawling is that bad.

tnx OP
Carol J is rad af

Thanks, man. I'll make sure to add it if I make the OP next time.
No problem, man. Carol J is my favorite.

does the game actually help you learn how to play guitar/bass?

REAL SPOOKY HOURS WHO THE FUCK UP

OST STREAM WHEN

youtube.com/watch?v=mcmP8NBg0CY

I MEAN OVA STREAM SHIT NIGGA

Nah, fuck you. We'll stream the Soul Hackers OST.

youtube.com/watch?v=QKMRad3df4A

MY GOD! THERE'S NO BULLET!

It's good for learning some of the more basic things like your chords, and scales. Outside of that, it'll help you learn specific songs that are in the game/custom DLC you download.

It's a wonderful tool to start with, but it'll only take you so far. You'll need some external sources if you want to get into the deeper end of things like music theory, and all that, but if you're just looking to learn some songs, and have some fun, it's definitely great.

so how casualized and faggy is deep strange journey going to be? it's already lost many points in my book for unnecessarily adding a retarded anime girl.
i suppose the original wasn't all that difficult to begin with anyway so it's not such a big loss.

The changes will make it inherently easier, but supposedly the hard mode will emulate the original feel of the game.

>The bass here is pretty sexy
no this one is
youtube.com/watch?v=wpyWEgEUkQE

There is going to be an "Impossible" difficulty mode. I wouldn't worry about it.

Well, at least maybe it'll sell better this time.

playing dds was a mistake. didnt know that I would miss demon fusing this much to be honest.

Nah man, DDS is good.

What's the highest rank for the Time Attack on Synchronicity?

Mentioned beating Ouroboros earlier. Second fight not going nearly as well. Wave of Death 1shots most of my party. Time to do some fusing to get better buff/debuff demons.

S rank.

>no homo op
thread ruined

I saved /smtg/, and this is the thanks I get. I hate you guys sometimes.

Fuck. Any place to grind?

I for one am grateful for you saving us from the homo filth.

im thankful too

I used that place in stage four, it was a room with two slimes and a fomor. It's not the fastest, but it's kinda fast, and you get a shit ton of macca.

We can always fix that.

Alright, I take it back, I don't have /smtg/ ever.

>get pre owned copy of soul hackers
>previous owner was 2 hours in and stuck at carol j
rofl

hate* Whoops.

No gays allowed.

Its our sacred duty to save /smtg/ from the hetfag menace

I'm not gay, I just happen to have them saved because I think they're pretty funny.

You know? Just for laughs.

How do you know he was stuck on him and not bored of the game?

Die degenerates

EZ.
The guy got bored because he got stuck.

Wait, this is gay?
I always thought he and lucifer were just fooling around and or making fun of the person they're looking at.

They're looking at the players who used a guide to beat Puzzle Boy.

In other words,

it's good for your brain...

Its good for your brain...

whatever that means.

>tfw no Soul Hackers/Devil Summoner anime series
>no name of the singer of that 3DS intro
ATLUS WHY?
AND YOU JUST GAVE US JACK BROS 2

fujos have a severe mental illness any sort of contact between two males is recognized as homo shit by their defective brains.

I have never used YT streams, hope someone mirrors it.

Going on a date with your favorite demon!

>Demifiend dating Pixie

>being Demi-nated by Demi-Fiend

MARINE'D

>being friends with demifiend

>Implying there can't be multiple demons of the same type
fucking lol
>tfw you'll never been Demi-nated by the Demifiend
>Being f_iends with the Demifiend

how long now?

too long

You're right.

Let's put an end to this

It's been a minute since I've seen these, post 'em.

virgin fiend vs chad yosuga

I'm a lazy shitter, got a template?

Guess I didn't, but I got one now. Probably should've posted it afterwards anyhow.

You should definitely play Raidou 2 next, user. If you enjoyed the first one, it's just an improvement over that.

5 minutes in the paintdotnet manchild reporting in.
If you counted rereleases or different versions I would well in cannot escape your hunger tier.

Waiting for DSJ

Just realized, that I was supposed to order them. Sorry for that

Don't know if Synchronicity, Catherine, or the Digital Devil Story novel/OVA counts.

Ah, it's fine, gets the point across, and that's good enough.
So, does if... actually live up to the expectations I've, somehow, formed for it despite knowing nothing about it? I'm mostly just interested in Akira at this point.

I'm playing Ultimax right now, then P4 Dancing All Night just to get that out of the way. Raidou 2 is after that.

Still casual faggot.

Are you using Naoto to 1 shot random encounters and using Links to kill bosses in 2-3 turns? PQ was so easily broken, the last boss died on turn 3 before it could do anything.

>I'm playing Ultimax right now
It better just be for the gameplay, user.

If you liked I and II, you'll like if...
In my opinion it's really not something special or worth hyping. Still a nice game though.
You can only do the Akira route on your second playthrough, so not sure if it's worth it, if he's the only one you're interested in. The story is also not really groundbreaking, Akira's is heavy on the Devilman.

Synchronicity is a Prologue, it shouldn't really count. Kinda like P3:FES's Epilogue doesn't count as a separate entry. It would totally count if it was a full game though. Cathrine is fine, but I think the list was just for games, not novels or anime.

I'm using Naoto, yes and the bosses haven't been that tough.
I'm just making a pretty slow progress through dungeon 3 because I play on risky and I keep having people die to random encounters.
The first few floors were especially rough because I had 2 wind weaknesses in my party and those mages kept destroying P4MC and Junpei.
Naoto just got mahamaon so I guess here is where the game breaks.

Damn. Well, at least I'll enjoy it, even if I do have to play it twice to get where I want.
I also love Devilman, so that's great.

Considering the gameplay consists of easy as fuck fights in story mode and sitting through 50,000 walls of text between each one, no. P4A was fucking painful to get through because each character had countless lines of inner monologue that added little to nothing to the story. At least Ultimax fixes that.

Make sure to give her Poison Circle and Impure Reach (skill card from Incubus). Poison is OP like in all EO games, and Impure Reach doesn't just increase status ailment chance, but also instant death chance.

You're better off ignoring the story and just enjoying the fighting game itself.

the greatest love story ever told

Can't do that user, I want to know what happens.

I knew about impure reach boosting IK chance, but I didn't know about poison.
The only EO game I've played before this was the first one and poison isn't very good after like the very beginning in that.

He's right, user, just listen to him. I sat through the entire P4 side of the story, and it wasn't worth it.
The gameplay is great, though, you can play the 2.0 update consoles never got through the Nesica leaks if you wanted to.

Yu gets a boner over his bonds and kills a doomsday deity with the power of friendship.
The end.

And somewhere in-between Chie talks about meat, Akihiko talks about protein and Teddie behaves like a sex molester but it's totally fine because he is a goofy mascot.

The origin story of Labrys in the first game was pretty damn great, but that's about it.

Sho is pretty fun imo

So, I'm playing MT II, and I just killed Astaroth, and saved Rosanna.
Am I nearing the end?

You are getting close. Still a bit of a ways to go though.

Damn. I just want it to be over.

I get how you feel. MT2 starts to drag near the end. I think that it is worth finishing though.

Yeah, I've come to far to stop now. Also, if I see this motherfucker one more time when I'm trying to fuse new demons, I'm going to go nuts.

When are the news for the HD puhrojecto

So /smtg/.
Which is your go-to demon to fuse in megaten games, and why is it pic related?

We still got a while, be patient, son of man.