ITT:People that deserve a second chance

fucking hell stop already the meme of Nicky II, he was not a good king, just good-looking and maybe a good person.

EUROPA deserves a second chance in this XX-XXI century timeline.

inb4 he already got a second chance

What you mean dude?

Maybe he's referring to the revolution of 1905 ?

Kaiser Wilhelm did nothing wrong.

Nothing.

what about third chances?

Romanos Diogenes, he could have made Byzantium great again if it weren't for retarded backstabbing Doukids.

Do people even read about what he did and how he handled the situation he was given? He deserved a less cruel execution, but lets be honest people got a lot worse for doing a lot less. The only people who defend this guy are A. Russian nationalists/monarchists B. Better dead than Red cold war fags C. People who see a handsome king and know that his family was killed by those "evil commies." This shit grinds my gears, if his reign led to any other revolution no one would think twice about him.

A few things he did wrong:
1. Tried to be iron fisted ruler like his dad, but was a generally weak person personality-wise
2. Literally one of, if not the richest person in the world at the time while his people were starving
3. 2 bouts of famine under his rule, some reports of cannabalism
4. Waaaaaaay behind in military tech and industrialization
5. No good roads or railroads
6. 83% is illiterate and uneducated
7. No unions to protect the workers from abuse, and there was a lot of it
8. Huge stampede at his wedding celebration killing many
9. Lost to Japan -> very embaressing for a country that prides itself on its military
10. Entered an imperialistic war that the people didnt want to fight in...then lost it
11. Created and shut down a duma twice
12. Didnt listen to advisors
13. Only successful reformer was stolypin and even he hung everyone
14. Allowed troops to use force against protestors
15. Spoke french and married a german
16. Got cucked by a dirty mistic
17. Allowed pogroms to occur
18. Continued the tradition of exiling intellectuals who didnt agree with him, limited free speech, and accused progressives of attempting to destabalize his regime
19. Admitted in his diary that he was not cut out to rule
20. Had a diary
21. Just refused to compromise his power or give way to progressive reform until forced to abdicate
22. Just made every rookie mistake that a ruler can make.

He was a good person, but there is really no debate that he was a shitty ruler.

He already got a second chance but the Russians didn't warm up to him.

Maximilian of Mexico

I would upload Hitler but I'm on a mobile and couldn't be shitted

>I want to shitpost
>I'm on mobile

Wow, who'd have thought

The dude was a complete failure.

He failed in reestablishing his power with an iron fist.

He failed in starting a liberalization that would have slowly transferred russia into a constitutional monarchy.

Read his diary. The dude was just a spoiled asshole detached from politics or reality.

Louis XVI

He was a horrible leader

The only thing good about him is his love for his family but thats literally it. He has only himself to blame.

That said theres plenty of blame to be had in Tsarist Russia. Not everything is his fault of course, but overall strategic decisions were ultimately on him.

The issue was that the Russian Empire was built and maintained by a military autocracy.
Small concessions would later lead to larger concessions and possibly even the dissolution of the Empire.
Either it was democracy (which wasn't sustainable with Russia's shitty infrastructure and illiteracy) or a heavy handed autocracy, which the Soviet Union also became after Nicky died.
Sucks, but it's just different context different time. There really is no silver bullet in government.

He would have made Austria-Hungary great again.

>19. Admitted in his diary that he was not cut out to rule
>20. Had a diary
Kek

This desu senpai Nickyposters suck

he was no more the rightful king of England then William the Bastard. Harald Hardrada had a direct blood relation to a previous king of the English, and should have been on that throne.

walp... never gonna unsee that resemblance.

I know other anons got dubs but I just wanted an excuse to post this

Damn, could Medvyedev legitimately be a royal bastard?

>tfw your entire country blames you for it's downfall when all you wanted to do was help a little kid out and get tons of pussy along the way

4th chance ?

He could have saved it.

>2 bouts of famine under his rule
If you mean the famine of 1891-92, then he wasn't even Emperor at the time. He was, in fact, head of the relief committee for said famine and part of the finance committee while the Tsar and Tsarina raised 5 to 12 million rubles for the relief effort.

The Imperial State took famine very seriously, though its efforts were impeded by lack of infrastructure, a problem that existed since long before Nicholas II took the throne and which still affects parts of Russia today.

>5. No good roads or railroads
>4. Waaaaaaay behind in military tech and industrialization
Not entirely Nicky's fault, desu. Russia started late in the game of railroad building, and under Nicky they at least built railraods connecting the Imperial core to Central Asia, Siberia, and Murmansk.

>and accused progressives of attempting to destabalize his regime
Well, he's not wrong desu.

Rest of the stuff is pretty spot on, I think. Nicky was a shitty, incompetent Emperor, but it doesn't help that he was given a bad deck to start out with in the first place.

>tfw Russia could've been a constitutional monarchy if dindu revolutionaries didn't blow up Alexander II.

My father is the spitting image of a monarch who was known for having a lot of mistresses.
I like to think we're descendants of a royal bastard. That one day Germany will balkanize back into the HRE and somehow i get put on the throne because there are no living legitimate descendants.

Trump

Richard Nixon

This is his second chance though.

>EUROPA deserves a second chance in this XX-XXI century timeline.
This is true, but, let's not ruin our second chance by going back to the inferior roman numerals. Say what you want about the Arabs, but their numbers are GR8!

He should've won in '68.

He was elected by the other Anglo-Saxon lords.

I can conceed my famine point, although you agree they handled it terribely. I dont accept your "they were problems before him" he is supposed to lead, he is responsible for the state his country is in. He was in power for longer than any US president and did not accomplish as much as some did.

Yeah sucks about Alexander II, things would have gone a different route but thats what makes history interesting.

The only thing I cannot forgive him for is not advocating Nuclear Holocaust harder.

No. This guy didnt even deserve a 1st chance.

>2 bouts of famine
>when commies had one no killed 45 million

Kek commies are retards

why is he so hot?

He would have to go to therapy to work out his crippling self-esteem problems, but yeah, Nixon wasn't a bad man. Just a product of a Quaker fucking him up early.

>He was a good person

Like Nixon, he would need years of therapy for his self esteem and mother issues, before I trust him on the throne again.

Unfortunately the Hohenzollern lost all respect because of him and his son. His Grandson, Louis Ferdinand would have made a fine Kaiser.

>hated Nazis
>lived in America in his youth
>interested in engineering
>Feared by Hitler so terribly that he was among the first to get arrested for the 20 July Plot, and while he had nothing to do with it, was sent to Dachau for the rest of the war.

im tearing up

pour one out for my dead homie

No.

I meant in the sense you would probably say "hes a nice guy" if you knew him personally. There isnt a lot of evidence of him being an insufferable asshole, he was just a shit leader.

So, in your mind as long as someone is worse than you, then you are awesome and deserve a second chance?

Grow a brain pls

plz no, why did you give him a 2nd chance, fix the timeline

What about his family though?
You could argue that Nicky suffered the consequences of his actions, definitely, but did his family need to die for reasons other than cold political pragmatism?

I don't know, I'm not even a monarchist or anti-communist (I'd say I have a lot of sympathy with communism) I just find it hard to justify murder of a family because their bloodline is a threat.

He didn't give the paddies a second chance, why should we give him one?

but she just had one and she failed

I do not even like Nicky but his family shouldn't have been slaughtered like that, shit was messed up. Why couldn't the commies just exile the family like Turkey did with the Osmanoglu family?

Because the head of house of Osman wasn't first cousins with the monarchs of two largest European powers.

Also, they sort of panicked when the Czechoslovak legion and Komuch army were nearing Yekaterinburg.

Hitler XDDD

Me.

Because they would have come back with the support of the rest of Europe and the White Army. Sad to say, that seems the only way the revolution would have continued. At least it was quick

Big guy Antiochos

JUST

delete this

honestly, even though I despise and disagree with everything he did, he did make England the powerhouse he wanted it to be. He did it by fucking up the rest of Britain and Ireland but England was certainly the boss island after him

His last days were a tragedy desu :_:

A REAL HUMAN BEAN.

Underrated post desu senpai

I wanna cuddle him.

I thinks its wrong that they were murdered but given the civil war and the fact that there are still Russians who want to put a Romanov back in power you can see where they were coming from

Good post tovarisch

Hohenzollerns need a second chance heil kaiser dir

my dude, Hohenzollerns would solve Germany's continued problem with Presidents.

^^^

Bernie Sanders