/sqg/ - Etrian Odyssey General

>Everything EO (References, Music, Art Books, etc.)
pastebin.com/cdfQmt11

>EOV
atlus.com/etrian5/
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/
>EOV guild cards
imgur.com/a/oweN7

>EOV undub
US CIA: a.doko.moe/odnpma.7z
US Luma: a.doko.moe/wddgmp.7z
US to EU patch for both: a.pomfe.co/xcrrjwp.7z

>EOV DLC cia
US: mega.nz/#!uJZz1DAL!aGRZheASNUTQamrhdSVfriZ9LaGxJdc63QuPPiHk0aA
EU (what's out so far): a.pomfe.co/rturlce.7z

>EMD2
sq-atlus.jp/sfd2/

EOV released October 17th for NA (Digital for EU), November 3rd for EU.

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/gM4KaYjs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>oh hey neat Lili took the Necromancer branch I didn't. i can fiddle with some of those skills.
>The only non-passive Evoker skill she knows is Soul Trade.

I just had her auto attack the entire time. At least she triggered a Sanzu for me.

Beat me to it.
Are there any quick comparisons of dub vs undub, so I can see if the latter is worth it?

Reposting for new thread:
Dragoon or Masurao for Fencer/Rover/Warlock/Shaman team?

At least she's cute.

How long for elephant respawn? Need more crowns.

Imagine a picture of a shit on one side and then a picture of anything but shit on the other and theres your dub vs undub comparison.

4 months.

Hugsknecht with Hugmedic

Jenetta's voice and UNLEASH THE BEAST are good though

Yeah, undub are usually pretty shitty. Can't even understand them.

>go to Options
>set Voice slider to Off
>???
>profit!

This but ironically

there's a couple of JP voicebanks floating around, best place probably though is to watch the class trailers in japanese and then in english.

An undub un-dubs the game by re-inserting the original (Japanese) voice samples, m8.

What is your point?

What are some tips for Phantom Fencer.
I'm in the 3rd stratum with max Lightweight and only have a sword but I keep getting hit far to much if I don't use Predict.
I can get Ray of Light high enough to always get aggro, but if I don't use predect I get hit about 50-50.
I was thinking of going full nude but you miss out on way to many skills.

Ah, that's a good suggestion. Thanks.

Went for an evoker necromancer. How reliable is Tombstone Vice, and is Wraith Dance a good way to do damage ?

There's also this
pastebin.com/gM4KaYjs
It lacks NPCs but it's a start. A slanted start, since player voices are the worst part of the dub.

Is it worth going with the cannon spec for a Dragoon on a chain team? It seems like they'd never really have time to set up Buster Cannon, so I'm wondering if shield Dragoon might be better.

>tombstone vice
Very reliable if you burn 3 wraiths
>wraith dance
Grave is better, but if you don't plan on getting hit you can use wraith dance

Lightweight 10 with 3 empty slots gives you 500 evasion (or """50%""" if you use the shitty skill simulator). You need about 1000 evasion to no longer be afraid of random shit killing you out of nowhere.

Basically you need to use Phantom Swords (-200 accuracy = +200 evasion) AND Deft Thrust (200 to 350 evasion). With max-level Deft Thrust that'll put you at the evasion cap.

If you have a debuff Harbinger, Masking Miasma is another -200 accuracy debuff, and Herald Shaman has a dance that gives +100 to +200 evasion.

Basically you need to stack shit like crazy before Phantom Fencer is reliable enough to dodgetank properly without Predict. If you want to use Lure (hence no Deft Thrust), you're going to need Phantom Swords and one of the other two skills from another character.

On the upside, that setup will get you like 40% evasion on every character you have, which is pretty sweet.

>17 turns to kill an owlbear

it feels slow, I was never in danger though, it was a solid victory

i blame having a harbinger cause it just doesnt do anything

Dog or Hawk?
Dog, Masurao.
Hawk, Dragoon.
At least that's what I'd do.

>the joy of saying goodbye to Coffin Demon and Neck Gripper is immediately crushed by these sleep spamming faggot bats

4 times longer than normal bosses? The fuck

How quickly should I max Prayer Mastery for Shaman, if at all?

immediately
the TP discounts are essential to not having to return to town every five minutes

>How reliable is Tombstone Vice
Reliable, but you'll want to use Black Mist and / or Wilting Miasma if you're planning on Petrifying bosses and FOEs. Tombstone Vice is, I think, the highest application rate of any affliction in the entire game, but it's still subject to random chance against tough enemies.

>is Wraith Dance a good way to do damage ?
Yes, but it's expensive in terms of SP and Tombstone Vice takes a lot to get already, plus you'll want some investment in Reincarnation and Gravekeeping so you're not totally useless after you blow your load.

It's fine to grab a point in Wraith Dance early on but it'll be another 20 levels at least before it reaches max potential (10 levels in Wraith Mastery, 10 levels in Wraith Dance), and "max potential" is literally 4x as much damage as "min potential". And you can forget about getting Wraith Cry to 10.

Grave's probably a better option - it does more damage to begin with and you'd need 5 anyways to unlock Wraith Dance.

My party is Earthlain 1kat/Harbinger/Therian pug Shaman/Necro. Should I switch out the harbinger for a shield dragoon? Aside from being quick enough to hand out Thericas after I get jumped, she's not good for much. Satan fist and leg sweep take care of mobs easily enough and grave should synergize well with a bulky class designed to be hit

Early on you want Prayer Mastery to save you TP, later on you want it because it's not ideal having your entire team outspeed your Ruinous Prayer.

It really depends more on your specialization, though. Herald Shaman is massively starved for SP, so dropping Prayer Mastery down to 1 point is probably just a necessary sacrifice. Punisher Shaman, on the other hand, can totally afford it.

>sqg
>etrian

No, use the fucking Japanese title then you fucking massive weeaboo

of course it had to happen again when all the eovbabies arrived

Is New Challenger any good for Masurao?

>reflex herb

I'M FUCKIN INVINCIBLE

I do agree that Grave seems to be a really cool counter move, but I'll need a move like Dragon Roar to make sure the enemy hits a select ally right ?

Tombstone Vice looks interesting, but I'll need to invest 22 skill points. I mainly use my Wraiths for debuff with Wraith Cry, for tanking some damage with Fierce Shield, and healing with Life Exchange. What really lacks is the ailment moves (Poison Bomb and Tombstone Vice).

What's the problem with Coffin Demon? I've never actually seen them do anything.

Until you get one-shot.

It's seriously underrated. It's not good for grinding EXP, but it is good for forcing battles e.g. if you have a quest that requires you to kill a certain monster, or as soon as you step onto a new floor you can spam New Challenger a bit to get access to the new drops.

Wait until Lancer Saurian.
>Windmill

Oh no.
I don't have a Harbinger or a Shaman.
And my Phantom Swords is only level one.
Guess I just have to rely on Optic Thrust and my party landing leg binds so I can level it.

So what game did you like most so far? I played all of them by release date, IV is my favorite, I miss the overworld.

Almost done with V but EOU2 is so far my favorite. Replayed it more than any other EO game. Just so much to like about it.

Haven't finished V yet, but so far I'd rank them EO2U > IV > V > EOU. I hear V's sixth stratum is a piece of shit though.

>beat the first three bosses blind on my first try
>not even particularly close
>start thinking that I'm just going to steamroll the entire game, because people only talk about the first two bosses
>crystal dragon kills two party members on first turn of combat
>switches modes and disables 4/5 members
>switches modes again and kills everyone in one move
Holy shit, this is fucking amazing.

To be fair, what Sixth stratum isn't a piece of shit?

I really liked IV. It was babby enough for my babby brain.
V is actually a challenge now that I'm confident enough for Advanced difficulty
2U was pretty good too, but I didn't care about advertising food. That was pretty dumb. Regina was cool tho

Tons of enemies have AoE attacks that'll basically guarantee Grave procs. Also whoever on your frontline has the highest current HP is the most likely to be targetted. You can totally make Grave work without a Dragoon, the Dragoon just helps in some cases. Besides, Necro really shouldn't ever be a main damage dealer - they're a support with the capacity to deal some good damage.

Tombstone Vice is a VERY good skill but your party does have to be able to take advantage of it. Physical damage is halved against Petrified enemies, so if you're relying on physical damage to get you through, it's not so good.

For an example of a team that uses Petrify well, I'm currently running a 1kat / Chain Fencer / Pugilist / Necro / Shaman team that uses Bolt Slash, Chain Shock, and Thunder Fist, which all deal elemental damage, to bypass the Petrify damage reduction. You could also do an Ice version with Harbinger and Rover instead of 1kat and Pugilist (Frigid Reap, Ice Peck, and your Necro could use Ice Bomb), or a Fire version with Smoke Botanist and Gun Dragoon (Smoke Bomb, Buster Cannon, and your Necro could use Fire Bomb). And of course Warlock fits cleanly into any elemental spec team.

Really any team that does lots of elemental damage can take advantage of Petrify FAR better than a team that relies mostly on physical damage, it doesn't have to be a Chain party.

Yeah Crystal Dragon is a spike in difficulty, not to mention getting his blindside requires a bit of thinking.

Sadly he's a push over once you know what mode does what and you can get the Head Bind (Thanks Skydive and Hawk)

Oh yeah Optic Thrust is also good.

You'll still be like 90% fine with just Deft Thrust maxed, and of course Predict is always reliable, but to unlock the _true power_ of Dodge Fencer you need support. Much like Chain Fencer.

This is the correct way to play.

my histories pretty weird and scatter shot but ive got to 4th stratum in EO1, 4th in EO2, Beat Eo3 all 3 endings, beat EO4, and currently playing 5, never done a 6th stratum yet

Id probably say 3>4>5(so far)>2>1

I really wish 4 had an expert difficulty, its too easy, the overworld was kinda fun but playing 5 now after it im just really grateful I dont gotta go hunt down love chickens and if they dont drop go back to town+sleep and try again before manually flying all the way down to wherever Im actually going

im way too stupid to take proper advantage of subclass in 3 and ruin the game so it was quite challenging, has my favorite classes, and I really enjoy the 60 FPS presentation it has, it also has my favorite music and I like the story more then 4 though I enjoyed 4's characters

Also 4 has way too many fucking unlockable classes, it feels extremely limited when you are starting

5's has a lot of stuff I enjoy so far but i dont like the classes as much as 3, and having to wait for second names to be a real character is just terrible, im using a harbinger and its totally insane, like I might as well get scythe mastery casue points in paralyzing reap only increase its damage by 6% as opposed to 4 on scythe mastery, if you were purely blind itd be even worse, I also dislike +5ing weapons cause its like another step you gotta take before your properly geared, it sucks getting a new weapon which was always an exciting moment before and it just being like 3 points worse then yours

armor mattering is kinda cool but really its not like those slots were uninteresting to interact with in 3 or even 4, setting up right accessory cocktail for the enemies in the area you are in was fun too

putting skills on gear is completely insane, I was super tight about trying to work a defense buff into my team only to find a bow i can make very early early on has aegis prayer, all the way up to rank 5, just free to use

>_true power_
What is the true power, exactly?
Also, even with 9 stacks of Ray of Light it seems like your Fencer won't reliably draw attacks. How do you even effectively use Lure on Fencer?

Still the original for me. It was the first dungeon crawler I really got into, and that 5th stratum reveal was amazing.

I really pity anyone whose first exposure to EO1 was EOU, where they spoil the shit out of that before you even see the title screen.

So... I've been looking for the 6th stratum boss. Where the fuck is it on floor 30??

Is Sanctuary good or should I just stick with Exorcism? Also is passive healing stacking viable on endgame?

How about Cannon Buster and Helm Splitter, does petrify halves their damage too ?

Can Dragon Force proc on the Dragoon themselves?

>Mammuth gimmick is "strong as fuck but inaccurate"
>I have a phantom duelist in my team
Easiest post game boss ever. I even fucked up the pillar puzzle (thanks egar) and fought him head on full health

How do you guys make good guild screenshots?

I don't believe that Helm Splitter is halved, but I could be wrong.

Buster Cannon is half-Fire so it's fine.

I'm sure that buster cannon does less damage. And I'm ashamed to say that I never tested out if helm splitter does less damage or not, even if I do have a single kat focused on it.

>systematically ignore masteries
>forget that buffer mastery usually is a life-saver
Well fuck, I made my early life harder than it had to. Ont he other hand, shaman is so starved for SP...

>What is the true power, exactly?
It does like 1000% damage per turn and doesn't die. It also gets extra Union Gauge which is pretty nice.

>How do you even effectively use Lure on Fencer?
Well any AoE attack is a free Lure, otherwise you just keep trying and hope for the best.

At the inn, guild card management, select your Gcard, press A to edit, select qr code whatever and it'll save the screenshot to your sd card.
Or use miiverse, but I don't know how that works

Alright, then next thread shall be
>/sqg/ - Etrian Odyssey / 世界樹の迷宮 General

Is this nene

>I'm sure that buster cannon does less damage
Are you using Overexertion? That could be it. Overexertion only increases physical damage, so you'd be getting half the damage you're used to.

Although frankly I have no idea how the elemental-split attacks work aside from that they work really well for me against petrified enemies.

someone who has beaten the game already, please point me in the right direction here, I'm losing my sanity searching for this thing.

EOIV's
It's the best stratum in that game, despite the lazy wall tile recycling.

What the fuck, did we even play the same game, my shaman never run out of tp...

Does Aegis Prayer boost only physical defense, or physical + magical?

When skills cost 10 TP and your shaman doesn't even have 70 TP yet, she will be the very first to run out. 7 buffs before needing to rest aren't a lot.

What classes are good to work with Sanzu Meme

There are two seals on each side of the map. He doesn't come out until you find those.

it specifically multiplies the armor stat, which reduces physical (cut stab bash) by about 1 per point or so I'm told which makes it really powerful on higher armor characters or as you approach 0

THANK YOU user

No, this is Nene.

That's weird, very weird, my shaman always the last one to burn out, the first one is either my dragoon or warlock.
No point in prayer and buff all the time.

Cute!

It reduces damage from all six element - so phyiscal and magical.

from my experiences with harbinger's atonement i've come to the conclusion that 90% is roughly equivalent to 0%
what a waste of time

You must have some serious memory issues them.
Early on, if you buff just once on every battle you'll be out of TP in no time. And when you don't buff, there's nothing a shaman can really do other than proc'ing chains.

Why nene potrait in the game so ugly? I want to fuck the nene in that picture.

Sorry for being retarded. Fencer's chain skills only proc on stab attacks or elements that are the same as the chain skill's element, correct?

Right now the real problem is I can't do much without using Predict. I can't use optic thrust or Phantom swords as either I'll get hit and die or a party member will.
Deft thrust is only level 1 so its pretty much useless right now.

Eventually beat it with three free turns from chain blast. It's like I'm actually playing EO2U!

Yes, yes it is you cute dog.

>other row
READ NIGGA READ

>Just unlocked master classes.

>Current party is Pugilist/Masurao/Harbinger/Necromancer/Shaman.

>Mostly want a well rounded party that covers all bases up until the end of the main story.

>Currently considering upping them Barrage Brawler/Blade Dancer/Deathguard/Spriit Broker/Divine Herald.

Can I get some second opinions?

I read it and I also read the skill sim which says the opposite and am inclined to believe the skill sim over the actual game at this point.

Do Warlock synergize with any other class? Seems to me like they just do their own thing and can fit in any team

>New weapon is worse than the +5 I have now
How does this incentivise buying new weapons?

>Chain Blast didn't do shit again
What the fuckkkk

literally why though? I think the only wrong ingame description is smokeblight.

Because you can upgrade the new weapon?Fencer

>people are sill relying on a fucking outdated simulator for accurate data

It will be way better at +5 itself.