Be Honest

Every other poster on this shit board says that they have, "Owned a business," or currently own a business now.

So, be honest. How many of you are just LARPing? Also, you, "Owning a business," does not count if you sell shit on Ebay or Craigslist. Or, even worse, are a Cam Girl.

I'm talking how many of you actually own a legitimate business. You know, with employees, the production of goods and services, etc.

It's really not that bad. Most people on Veeky Forums actually claim to be neets, wageslaves or traders, I'm pretty sure. Given that we have people from all walks of life on Veeky Forums, I'd assume that at least half of people claiming to own a business actually do so.

Businesses with employees are probably rarer, but that reflects the general structure of the economy. Something like 85% of businesses are sole proprietorships with many not having any employees at all (self-employed truckers, caretakers, gardeners, consultants, accountants, photographers, SEOs, etc). Doesn't make them any less of a legit business. I see no reason why dropshipping / online resale shouldn't be a legit business as well.

Personally I run a business with 1 employee providing b2b IT services and IT security consulting. To be fair, she does most of the work, I mainly do backoffice stuff. Given the amount of work I put in I feel less of a legit businessman than if I did dropshipping or caming, even though I fit your definition. Just goes to show that you really shouldn't sterotype businesses broadly.

I own a janitorial company.
I know of a guy that's a tile contractor and another that's a landlord.

Realistically about 10% of the US population owns a successful business though. So Veeky Forums has way fewer business owners than average.

I own transportation businesses

what is the point of this post other than bait?

how's it bait?
Alexa estimates Veeky Forums traffic at 27,000 unique visitors over the life of the board.

Assuming average US demographics we would expect at least
2,700 SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS OWNERS TO HAVE POSTED HERE.

of course that's not what we see. If there's anything weird about Veeky Forums it's HOW FUCKING FEW BUSINESS OWNERS ACTUALLY POST HERE.

The number of successful business owners here is so far below average it's like sampling a kindergarten class. We have to assume something is literally chasing real business owners away from the board.

ironic for a business board, isn't it?

Alexa estimates almost 100,000,000 unique visitors to Veeky Forums. That would indicate 10,000,000 successful business owners have visited the site based on US averages.

and less than 10 of them chose to post on Veeky Forums? Out of TEN FUCKING MILLION?

Think about that for a moment. Ten million business owners visit your site and less than ten of them post to your business board?

where else can you find a situation where TEN MILLION BUSINESS OWNERS visit your site and NINE MILLION, NINE HUNDRED AND NINETY NINE THOUSAND, NINETY of them don't bother posting on your business board?

if reddit had numbers that bad it would've sucked itself into its own navel years ago. Facebook? kek, business owners post there ALL THE FUCKING TIME.

there is probably no site worse for business owners than Veeky Forums. I think the average THOMAS THE TANK ENGINE site has more business owners posting than Veeky Forums does. SesameStreet.com probably has more business owners than you faggots.

I know for a fact my local high school has more successful business owners than Veeky Forums does.

>100,000,000 unique visitors to Veeky Forums
based on this number alone we would expect

AT LEAST 166 BILLIONAIRS TO HAVE VISITED Veeky Forums.

How many billionaires have posted here? Certainly not the 166 we would expect. One maybe.

We're missing 165 billionaires on Veeky Forums

I am the CTO of a fortune 500 company. Does that count?

My kind of girl tbqh

>Assuming average US demographics

This is where you go completely wrong. Come on, you're on Veeky Forums - we have to expect at least the tinest competence in statistics and marketing.

Think about the average business owner (50+, hard-working, social) and think about the average poster on Veeky Forums (12, lazy basement-dweller, shut-in). Do you see how the target demographics don't line up? There's nobody missing. It's perfectly reasonable. Veeky Forums attracts people who are either young or have too much time on their hands (aka unemployed). Business owners on average are neither young nor do they have much time to spare for shitposting. If you didn't believe the memes on Veeky Forums and actually knew some people who run businesses - it almost always comes with much worse working hours than wageslaving. And Veeky Forums is still mostly counter-culture, it's horrible for networking and productivity. Why would a lot of business owners waste their time on here?

I own a mobile app company.
So far we have haven't released anything. Still in the building and creating stage. Installing hardware, software, security, interior decorating and all that.

Also swing trade. 70% profit per year on average.

I'm also a wage cuck making 60k with medical dental 401k and pension.

If I can keep this going for 6-7 more years I'm golden.

I save 20k x 6 from wagecuck job that's right at 120k.
+15k pension
+8~k x 6 from mobile is about 50k
Then swing trading into retirement

75k x .7~ =50k yearly before taxes on just trading with another 75k sitting in the bank. Only a percentage of profit is reinvested. The rest goes into my asian massage parlor hooker funds.

>70% profit per year on average.

Then why aren't you rich yet?

I started a construction company 12 years ago.
We do about 3.5 million a year and I have 33 employees. Recently I've been buying and fixing up rent property, also a few flips. Because of this I've started a property management company to manage my own properties and also start managing other landlords.

Yo janitor bro. How goes it. Former truckerfag here. 1 man show because fuck the DOT and what they dont get uncle sam wants. Serious insanity in the truck driver laws and regs. And the fees.... just, don't trigger me.

Ran legit llc for 1 year. Finally got busy enough i had to chose between it and my job.

Work 50 hours a week ina kush gig.

Way less stress and hassle hear than running the truck. Work 50 hours. Half of that is any spare second wrenching on shitbox. Then another 30 or more running shitbox.

Break down or get stuck ina pasture all the time.

Too hard on it to have good tires or equipment.

Had a blow out on front steer tire loaded and almost died.

Sold it.

Considering getting another for dirtwork or something but cant be bothered to fuck with all the paperwork and shit again.

Want a side gig but dont wanna work 90 hours.

Cant hire anyone without paying well and workmans cop or it would weigh too heavy on me.

Crippled for life and want to take care of my employees.

So cant really start another conpany till i can justify hiring a few people.

I personally blame the mods allowing such absurd shitposting and running a pump and dump shitcoin scheme. Honestly descent bros lile u with facts or janitor bro is the only reason i come here. That and rain day means i load 1 guys truck 3 times and shitpost...

Agreed.

>muh buybuybuy eth hoe manu eth should i sell my house for eth blah FUCKING blah.

Hey guys, actual holder of 4 llc here. Should i invest in real estate?

>urrhurrhurr real estate is a scam you will go bankrupt "invest" it all in shitcoins.

Seriously the only reason i will post here when successful is to btfo the faggot shills or infiltrate the mods and become beothers with epic troll mod that went on the ban spree a few yesrs back and just generally dicked with people.

I perpetually have 5 seperate things going on without a legit llc just because of cost and testing.

I didn't want the stress of owning a business so I went to work for a corporation. It has worked out well for me so far, although it's certainly not for everyone.

Swing trading usually is very profitable though. The reason people "aren't rich yet" on it is because it's risky so you typically don't swing trade with your entire savings, only a percentage that you can afford to trade on.

>Swing trading usually is very profitable though.
You're retarded.

HAHAHAHA! FUCKING KEK. I really wanna buy u a beer user. Such truth im screenshotting this post and hanging it in my mancave for inspiration. FUCKING CHEERS BROTHER.

Seriously in tears man. We will make a lot of money 1 day. Just please shitpost here when u are rich?

Probably. Since i had a /biz and dont even know wtf a cto is

My hero user. Never stop.

Research apartment complexes.

You can get loans from uncle sam if you keep it up. Like 110% loans.

Not a typo.

110% to fix it up and rent it.

Have to be a baller. Like 5-10 mill after a decade of landlording is small time.

They prefer 20+.

Sadly u have to have some background or be willing to dick with the section 8 cucks like most of Veeky Forums is. But it could be worth it.

If youre brave.

I'm technically an S-Corp but i'm really just a wageslave. When people ask I'm a business owner consultant who deals in web and mobile applications. That way people pay me more than just saying "I code shitty websites for people who have no idea what the want"

hey buddy, good to see you.
If I want to pay well I pay them as subs. I guess after an accident like that I can see why you want the workmans comp though.

Jimmy, being an uber driver doesn't count as your own transportation business.

Kek

Does having a fleet trucks and drivers count?

do you do it for free?

heh
I'm not that kind of janitor. My people clean up literal shit for $100 per hour.

not figurative shit for free.

Chief technology officer.

Ya... 2010. Just paid it off a few months ago.

Can barley walk and gotta work 50 hours and then go load truckloads of scrap metal by hand and probably come back and fight fire at work.

Just....

Fuck i'm tired.

>dear business gods please allow me and my china made shitty spot welder to make a living building lithium battery packs and converting everyones shit nickle power tools to lithium...

Only if you treet them well. Kek