pastebin.com/7tmQDYm1
go.twitc
speedrun.com/am2r2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

let it die

i refuse

don't let it die

next marathon where

this whole thread is a speedrun of how long it takes till it gets shutdown and youre 1hr in op

He won't be getting wr like that.

List of skilled confirmed biological females in speedrunning:

twitter.com/LiquidSquid_/status/781555677684764672

>all my Veeky Forums generals are dying

generals are absolute cancer and always just end up being discord chatrooms of people jerking each other off not even talking about the topic of the general

I may have found one:
minesweeper.info/profile.html?player=4222
confirming actual gender may be hard with a chinese though

You must be mainly in /srg/ if that's your perception.
Titanfall general had a lot of talk about maps, loadouts etc.
I mean sure, every general has its own memes, but still.

all posts about the topic of the general
40% isn't such a bad ratio

pastebin.com/7tmQDYm1
what wrs does this guy hold?

less than Squid lol
grindmonkeying works, deal with it

Who cares? He's correct. Improvement doesn't work differently in speedrunning than it does in everything else. It works the same.

Who /hype/ for the Tetris Championship here?
go.twitc
h.tv/classictetris

Why did you mention Squid?

Wrong.

Everyone who is actually into speedrunning already knows how to improve. This guy definitely isn't speaking from experience, it seems.

>Everyone who is actually into speedrunning already knows how to improve.
Wilko and MrSpeedrun don't lmao

Because Squid shows that you can have WRs in multiple mildly competitive games by mashing the reset button.

Is there a schedule somewhere?

>mildly competitive games
lmao

Wilko and MrSpeedrun are two examples of people who desperately want to make a living from streaming and don't have an actual passion for speedrunning. As I said, people who take it seriously already know how to improve. Posting this kind of pastebin is just an attempt to make it look like you are knowledgeable to stream monsters.

It wouldn't be so bad if it came from someone who is actually good at speedrunning.

>It wouldn't be so bad if it came from someone who is actually good at speedrunning.
Oh, like zfg's pastebin that boils down to "spend 10 hours every day for 10 years like me".

>It wouldn't be so bad if it came from someone who is actually good at speedrunning.
Let's not kid ourselves, you shat all over zfg's pastebin too.

This is a really bad meme. Please stop shitting up the general with your obsession and clearly false and illogical accusations.

I said it wouldn't be so bad. It's still bad.

Efficient learning for 10 hours every day for 10 years is how you become the best, though. It isn't a competition on how little you have to spend on practice.

>Efficient learning for 10 hours every day for 10 years is how you become the best, though.
Right, but nobody does that.

Most speedrunners spend 80% or more of their time spamming runs.

Are you above spending the majority of the time on attempts? The fact of the matter is that attempts take longer than practice. With practice, you have a segment, you can do it over and over, whatever you want with it. Attempts need you to perform well in one run, all the way through. If you do mess up too much, you have to start that process again.

It's really not hard to understand why attempts make up the majority of a speedrunners time. The grind is necessary and inevitable, especially when you are at the top of your game.

>Are you above spending the majority of the time on attempts?
Yes. Why would you spend the majority of your time on attempts when you could be practicing instead of resetting?
>The grind is necessary and inevitable, especially when you are at the top of your game.
You wouldn't have to grind as much if you put in the right type and right amount of practice.

Unless you run a meme game with terrible RNG simulation tricks like SMB1

>RNG simulation tricks
lmao

That's literally what they are. You can practice fast 4-2 until the end of time and it will still only succeed 2% of the time.

>Yes. Why would you spend the majority of your time on attempts when you could be practicing instead of resetting?
Because eventually you need to do runs to get a better time, unless you have no desire for personal bests. Doing attempts also doesn't instantly result in resetting, unless you let it become that. Sounds like a problem you need to work on yourself.

>You wouldn't have to grind as much if you put in the right type and right amount of practice.
Absolutely untrue. You still need to get a good run. It doesn't become free with practice. Especially if you play a dynamic game that isn't 100% no luck involved.

I get the feeling I'm talking to someone who doesn't actually speedrun.

How did kosmic do it 5 times in a row? That's only a 1:312500000 chance.

What records do you hold?

>I get the feeling I'm talking to someone who doesn't actually speedrun.
Real talk: I speedrun and try to practice as efficiently as possible, but I'm still 2nd place to a more talented grindmonkey.

You need to stop your game up. Be it with better practice, or a better mindset during runs. You're 2nd for a reason.

>How did kosmic do it 5 times in a row?
How many times did he fail it in a row before and after that?

>It doesn't become free with practice.
Who said it did?

Obviously it becomes easier with practice. Not free.

People jump the gun and do attempts when they aren't well practiced. This is a fact.

You claimed it's complete luck and a 2% chance. He didn't fail it dozens of millions of times.

How many times has he failed the trick, and how many times has he succeeded with it?

Would you agree that the former figure is significantly larger than the latter?

My mistake. I was confused because I said the grind is inevitable, which is it, then you went backwards and said you won't have to grind as much.

Just because a trick is below 50% doesn't mean it's luck. If more skilled players have a higher success rate, that is the opposite of luck.

>then you went backwards and said you won't have to grind as much.
I never claimed that you'll never have to grind. But if you spend more time spamming runs than practicing, there is a problem.

>Just because a trick is below 50% doesn't mean it's luck.
Correct. It isn't luck. It is a luck simulation.

Wrong. As I stated earlier, attempts take longer because you have to start the whole thing again if it goes tits up. That's not an issue with practice, so a session doesn't last as long as a result.

>attempts take longer because you have to start the whole thing again if it goes tits up.
What does this even mean? You can make practice take as long as you want it to take. You choose when to start and stop practicing.

What the fuck is a "luck simulation"?

Attempts will always take a large amount of time no matter what, you can't choose when to start and stop long sessions when speedrunning is completing an entire game in one sitting. There isn't any goal to overcome with practice, you can never fuck up practice like you can in a run. You don't fuck up half way through practice and have to start the whole thing from the start. It takes time to achieve a faster run.

Where a trick is so precise that you have to get lucky for it to work.

>There isn't any goal to overcome with practice
Are you retarded or are you just fucking with me?

You're purposely missing the point with what I'm saying with how attempts will always take longer than a regular practice session on average. There's nothing more I can say.

But skill increases the chance, so it's not luck, which is the same for the best and worst player.

>attempts will always take longer than a regular practice session on average.
Not if you choose to spend more time practicing than you spend doing attempts.

This isn't complicated.

Skill offsets the luck, but it still comes down to luck.

There comes a time where you need to do runs to achieve a better time, which becomes harder with each PB, resulting in it taking longer every time you want to go for a faster time. No one matches these attempt times with 1:1 practice because it is completely unnecessary. No, you don't either.

>No one matches these attempt times with 1:1 practice because it is completely unnecessary.
It is unnecessary, but obviously more efficient.

People spend far too much time doing attempts in speedrunning.

Good luck getting donations streaming practice!!

>It is unnecessary, but obviously more efficient.
It isn't even more efficient. It will become a literal waste of time.

>people spend far too much time doing attempts in speedrunning.
This varies completely from player to player. In the end, they're playing how they want to play. If they're doing it in an un-efficient matter, whatever. They won't be going for the record. Worry about what you're doing, and the record I'm sure you will be claiming with your optimal learning process.

You are competing for a top time, right?

>/srg/
>competing for a top time in anything
>implying it isn't just a stream monster blubbering about what redditzfg posted

imagine unironically defending grinding 18 hours a day for years

No one is interested in your poorly veiled attempt to post more untrue, obsessive bullshit.

>guy practices popular speedgame for a year or longer
>starts getting close to wr
>starts receiving lots of donations
>eventually gets wr and does a 2 hour donation reading stream afterwards
>realized attempts make more money than practice
>becomes a grindmonkey
>meanwhile another guy is practicing efficiently and the cycle continues

Things that never happen.

it's happening with cheese and toast right now

Good joke.

What does happen though:
>completely destroying PB and on pace for secure WR
>throw at last second for more attempts

I screenshotted this to spam every day that toast has the record. You will feel like a doofus then.

That's called choking. It's what happens when a runner messes up a good run, usually due to nerves.

Ask me how I know you are a stream monster.

Enjoy never posting that image because someone with as little RTA experience as Toast is not going to be getting the record ever.

>intentional choking

>practicing
>a waste of time
That's not how it works in anything.

>if you no grind 18 hours a day then you no speedrunner!!!! you stream monster!!!! only me who mindless grind 18 hours a day and peak at midx52 is speedrunner!!!!! ooh ooh ah ah ah!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doesn't happen.

That is not what I said. Read the posts again until you have an understanding of what you are replying to.

Yes, intentional choking doesn't happen because the proper term is called throwing.

Doesn't happen.

>practicing the activity more than engaging in it competitively eventually becomes a waste of time.
No, that's not how it works.

Again, read the entire chain so you can grasp an understanding of what you are replying to, because that is not what was stated.

speedrun.com/am2r2

This is some true comedy.

Mr_Shasta, half-assing his speedrunning with this game, claiming he's getting good times and the like. Suddenly, KirbyMastah, who has actually practiced some sections of the game, comes in and takes his time out by TEN minutes with his first run.

>John FUCKING Numbers got beat at this year's NWC
Does this mean Cosmo will finally become unfucked?

Why aren't you guys talking about Tetris? I thought Tetris is speedrunning.

>It isn't even more efficient. It will become a literal waste of time.
No, that's what you said.

>takes his time out by TEN minutes with his first run
We rate this statement: FALSE. He time difference is less than 9 minutes.

Tetris isn't speedrunning. Just like how Mario isn't speedrunning.

Do you not understand how context works?

Doing 1:1 of practice and runs when you are spending hours doing attempts to get an optimized time, will be a waste of time. By that point you will be more than familiar with 90% of the run and spending hours on the few small things will eventually become a waste of time in the very late stages of high level speedrunning.

>Doing 1:1 of practice and runs when you are spending hours doing attempts to get an optimized time, will be a waste of time.
No, this isn't the case, and speedrunners are literally the only type of competitive gamer who think like this. This is why people think speedrunners are lazy autists.

But Tetris is in GDQs, so it's speedrunning.

I believe it is the case from my experience and from what I have witnessed. There will come a point in high level speedrunning where attempts will always outweigh the practice, because at that point you just need everything to go right.

>This is why people think speedrunners are lazy autists.
No one thinks that. High level speedrunners are the opposite of lazy. The level of dedication you need to even get to the top and play at a high level requires you to not be lazy by default.

>There will come a point in high level speedrunning where attempts will always outweigh the practice, because at that point you just need everything to go right.
Literally nobody is at that point in an actual movement-based speedgame.

>don't keep practicing basketball
>just play games lol
Not how it works.

Well, I asked a question, but didn't get an answer:
However, I am watching.
Surprised to see a mid-40s mom playing Tetris.

Not what I'm saying at all. You are strawmanning so hard it's impossible to take any more of your posts seriously.

>go.
Reeee

>speedrunners aren't constantly trying to improve their gameplay
>they're just trying to improve their time
This explains the anti-practice culture this shitty community has.

this is why i've always had a bigger respect for the sm64 community than other speedrunning communities. they value competition and good gameplay over retardities like finding console loopholes to make their numbers lower.

they're also the only speedrunning community that has an actual practice culture. every other community seems to be in a big rush to get to doing runs, while sm64 runners take their time refining everything and only do runs when they're ready.