/wtc/ and /gwt/: The Witcher General (Witchers have autism edition)

Crown Jewels Edition

>10th Anniversary Video
youtube.com/watch?v=zgqz8Je7P0s

>The Witcher Official Website
thewitcher.com

>Games are on sale for the next week
store.steampowered.com/search/?term=witcher
gog.com/promo/20171016_special_sale_witcher_series

>Gwent Official Website
playgwent.com

>Gwent Links
gwentdb.com
gwent-tracker.com
gwentup.com

>Gwent Card Art
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B3sMK9DU7Ko5RVpnbHF5YkdNQzg

>Witcher Books
reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/3qm8p9/so_you_want_to_read_the_witcher_books_guide/
demmersdesigns.com/cms/books/
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B2IRrPyxIMU-YUdOMk8wWUpCQ2M

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xL0gDzsjpME
youtube.com/watch?v=vrJ330NGjCU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for Temeria

Glory to the Great Sun!

Emhyr is #NotMyEmperor

what about ciri?

In the North lives one who truly deserves a crown.

would Cirilla be a good empress?

remove all factions from the game except NR NG and ST, but make ST shit unplayable

just have ST there so the fucken manlet brainlet strengthlet autists & nerds & losers can play it and lose to the god tier NR and NG players

this would make gwent perfect, it's impossible to prove me wrong

She shall not repeat Emhyr's mistakes desu.

>Emhyr's mistakes
Emhyr did nothing wrong

youtube.com/watch?v=xL0gDzsjpME

monsters best faction

Yen, Triss, and Ciri are getting festive! Are you?

Except he banged that hottie.

My birthday is on Halloween

First empress who actually knows how to use her decorative sword
that's kinda hot

I don't celebrate Halloween because I'm a closet edgelord, but I'll make sure to wish you happy birthday, user!

Have a good one, amigo

Thank you, friends. Your kind words make me happy. I love you!

monsters is the only faction that has to be removed deesu

Love you too, user!

>really want to cosplay Olgierd
>mfw no Iris

SIR RAVIX OF FOURHORN

Wait, do I only get Ore by beating players with a higher level? Didn't get anything from winning my last two except 5 GG scraps.

Are you buff?

I'm a stocky build so I could feign being buff

It is randomized whether you get scraps, ore, powder or a card for advancing the daily meter.

who is the best swordsman in the world?

I can cosplay as undead Iris 4 u.

based Leo Bonhart

Yes.

What is the most fun and decently viable (doesn't have to be the best, just viable enough to win) gwent deck right now?

I haven't played the game since the first big update (where everyone got a shit ton of scrap). I have about 30,000 scrap and a lot of golds so I can craft pretty much any deck.

What is a fun one to play?

bran discard is the best deck by far and is also easy to autopilot without thinking

Polacks can't balance for shit
You won't have any fun in gwent, just use it as a gate to escape from the vidya way of life.

>escape

heh... nothing personell kid

> CDPR dead silent since the latest patch

i can't stand this bullshit anymore. game is stale as fuck and they aren't giving any promise for the future. i haven't played in almost two weeks

Which gwent card is /literally you/?

I am sadness

I had a lot of fun when the beta first started. It was pretty insane with how powerful some cards were, but in general it was a lot of fun.

well now it is absolute dog shit. I have never in my life studied this much, because I get so mad at the game I start doing something useful.
Fuck I hate this game.

me IRL

And I'm stuck studying wishing I could play gwent instead. Almost feel like a TW denizen.

Cahir

Yup. Pretty much the only thing they have said/released this month is a goddamn Play of the Month episode. I actually tried watching it right now and within the first minute there is some clueless girl streamer not understanding her cards and accidentally winning the game. Stopped watching there.

Like, what the fuck... At least Thronebreaker will be a singleplayer experience and that's something CDPR might be good at.

If I save kegs from ranking up and stuff like that for after the new cards are patched in, will these kegs be able to have those cards or are they flagged as "old" kegs somehow?

they aren't flagged. everyone who has a good collection of cards hogs kegs for the patch

Burza looks dead inside presenting that thing.

oh please, the guy gets paid to browse fuggin reddit, he has it made

you'd look dead on the inside too if you took all the hate for the imbalance in this game and project manager wouldn't give a dick about it, and he make x4 more money than you do while at it

they're trying to contain it but the truth about CDPR's working conditions are leaking out

Nothing makes me cringe harder than watching something produced by paid professionals that is far, far worse than what I could do as a total amateur.

People have been calling for Rethaz's head since closed beta, Burza doesn't get as much shit

gwented and the great dandelion show are miles ahead of that shit

rethaz doesn't interact with the community most of the time. he's also the kind of person that doesn't let criticism pierce his head so he probably doesn't even understand people are truly upset at him. he's the kind of person who will always rationalize it somehow with mental gymnastics and keep doing the shit he does. every workplace has a manager like that

He doesn't interact with the community because he said it's "toxic" when he does.

Can you fucking blame the community honestly? You're driving this fucking game into the ground

As usual, administration is the scum of the earth

Wrong board, buddy

So do you guys track your collection at all? Those of you who don't have everything at least.
I realized I had a bunch of the new cards missing so I decided to see what I needed to have a full collection. Since I was already tracking every keg I ever opened in a spreadsheet I just went from there.

Is there anything that does this automatically? GwentTracker has a function to share collection but it's fucking retarded, it's a URL for your collection with a picture of every single card you have, so if you have 10 copies of a card it shows that card 10 times. Completely fucking useless.

what did he say

>*sigh* I'll never pay off these school loans.

Incidentally, not sure why but when I was digging up Ermion there were an awful lot of Hermione pictures kicking up. What are you trying to tell me, Google?

You should calm down some user. Gwent's enjoyable if you don't take it too seriously. Hell, I'm probably going to play with/work on that Lethodeck some more today!

Before I had everything the extent of my tracking was just using the in-game filters to see what I was missing, and then when a patch would roll by I would spend a minute and tot up how much scrap I had and how much I needed. Spreadsheet would've made it a hell of a lot easier. Also no idea if there's anything that does it automatically, you'd think that would be something one of the deck trackers could add.

>Management forces you to bring in redditfags to work on your game because they want le epin esports and community cred
>Redditfags force an esports meme on an immature game barely out of beta and still needing balance fixes and card maturity.
>Destroy the meta and make it known casuals are a plebian class opting instead to cater to a handful of "pro" players
>Wonder why passionate gwent lovers quit
>Wonder why casuals quit
>Wonder why your pro esports memes fail with no large casual base to watch and generate revenue for advertisers.
>Poles in charge of understanding sports economics
>Reddit in charge of understanding sports economics

Yeah, I'm hoping gwentdb does something about it since it's owned by curse/twitch.

For hearthstone there's hearthpwn that is also owned by curse and its own client called the innkeeper that goes through your collection and exports it to your hearthpwn account, so if you are logged in when netdecking you can even see how much dust you need to make each deck.

>hr is the greatest thing ever invented
t. reddit

Hello, never played any of the Witchers before, currently the goty edition of the third one is on sale on the psn store for £14.99, is it worth it if I haven't played the others? I don't have a good pc and won't be getting one anytime soon.

Give me your specs I'll tell you if it's worth it.

Don't forget the abomination that is the pro ladder, a third matchmaking pool of the exact same game type/format as ranked and casual just to dilute the already dwindling playerbase.

Pro ladder is probably my biggest complaint about Gwent, actually. The big card overhauls after they moved to open beta (Another good way to lose casuals and scare them off of your game) annoy me less than "We're going to make a separate matchmaker and ladder for people who want to be pro esports players instead of just basing this off of regular ranked performance or adding additional tracking/scoring to ranked".

Witcher 3 is a great game and should be perfectly enjoyable if you haven't played the others. You'd get more out of it if you have of course, but it's self contained enough that even a completely new player should get a lot of good adventuring.

He said he's on a console, user.

>Aegroto dum anima est, spes est.
Makes me weak at the knees every time.

Hermione's Greek, probably derived from my boy Hermes, Ermione sounds like a variation. Still triggered he did not keep his original Mousesack.

>You'd get more out of it if you have of course
This.
I lost my shit when I remembered who Tailles was after I beat his shit in, and all the memories of wrecking his shit in TW2 came flooding back. Still, it's an excellent game if you haven't played any of the previous ones, you'll just miss out on shit like that.

I don't really know how the pro ladder works, is it really separate? so the top of the regular ladder must suck dick because everyone who should be there is at the pro ladder instead.

My pc 100% can't run it. I'm on the standard ps4.

Ok thanks, I'll pick it up if it's standalone enough, might check youtube and see if someone made a little summary of the first two as well.

Pro ladder is the worst idea they could have come up with. There is no reason for it and it actively harms the game. I hate hearthstone, but one of the cool things about it is when you climb you'll go up against "pro" players from time to time if you're near their rank. It's an exceptional way to create and keep interest in the pro scene even among non pro players. Creating an entirely separate ladder for "pros" just segments the playerbase and does nothing to promote interest.

>My pc 100% can't run it.
I wouldn't be so sure about that
youtube.com/watch?v=vrJ330NGjCU

>Still triggered he did not keep his original Mousesack
I'll be damned, that would've been a better name. Wonder if they changed it just because it's a little clunky to say in English, or maybe they thought people wouldn't take his character seriously or something.

I'm almost 100% sure it is separate, yeah. On top of that, pro ladder doesn't gain you regular MMR and doesn't have rewards like regular ranked mode. Since we're nearing the end of the season people are making more of a push on regular ranked to try to get the fancy portrait borders, but it took a really long time before anyone got over 4500MMR this season in large part because so many people fucked off to play pro ladder for some inexplicable reason.

No problem user. I bet there are some good summary videos out there.

>a little clunky to say in English
As a non-native speaker, it rolls off the tongue just as graciously as Ermion would, while giving your Skellige-bound druid a Greek mythological name is a bit more questionable of a decision imho.

Geralt and Triss OTP

>*bagpipes start playing*
>Mead! more mead! hahar
>ha ha! of course friend
>they can't hide your stench *rawrr* ;3

I hate that premum so much

Third time I play it and i still feel cucked not being able to fugg her

All I want to do is fuck some royalty

But I can't

Why can't I just have some royal pussy CDPR

>this is the closest you will get to Rosa Van Attre
Feels bad bros

AW COMON CDPR

AW COMON^2

ENOUGH!!

Only time we can do this is Adda in TW1

Now that I think of it, I'm pretty sure this is CDPR's way of telling you Ciri empress is not the canon ending by way of cucking.

It's that superb Attrian accent.

I wonder whether Sapkowski can explain to me why am I such a cuck for anything Nilfgaardian.

Haven't played the 1, who's Adda?

Foltest's daughter from his sis.

God that puts his death in the 2 in a whole different perspective. I'm such a dunce for not playing them in order.

How come? Her relevance in TW2 is fairly limited. She's either dead by default or far away if you completed some conditions in TW1 and imported the save.

Nighty night, /gwtc/~! Hope you have a pleasant day and/or dreams depending on the time!

Have another kidCiri to make you feel uncomfortable for fapping to her.

It only makes my dick harder.

Good night bump from me.

>tfw ywn break Morkvarg's curse again due to immeasurable hate towards restore SK
T-thanks, gwent

No, I meant Foltest's. I didn't know he had any history with Geralt in TW1

but they quite often mention how long Geralt's been working for Foltest, what they were up to etc

>summoning circle doesn't work on sigidrifda

?

>Round 3
>Opponent removes spy tag from 15 point Cantarella and sits smug with 50 point lead
>Yeah, improvise
>Moments later I hit him with a 33 point Peter and then 38 point gigni

Fuck. God bless you for wanting Letho user. Got my gears turning to make a deck for him and it's fun as shit.