>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Defiant Honor
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Bloodshed End

Latest Patch Notes
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Patches
>pastebin.com/aUkgEegD (embed) (embed)
>imgur.com/a/Cf4ca

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armour/weapons I don't want/use?
Check if you can donate any at the hidden teahouse for daily/clan rewards. Otherwise preferably disassemble them. You can also sell them to Tome or donate to Danjo at the Teahouse if you need a bit of extra glory or cash. Later on you'll be keeping them for Soul Matching, but don't worry about that until you get to NG+.

>The blacksmith is expensive, should I be using it?
You don't need to. Throughout WotSamurai and WotStrong you will constantly be finding better gear and builds don't matter so much. Soul Matching is expensive and intended for late game. If you do find a weapon you really like, try reforging it's effects using spirit iron, it's the cheapest and easiest way to improve a weapon.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armour and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armour/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beta guide:
pastebin.com/VEHby7kd (embed) (embed)

Smithing text list:
pastebin.com/d4gaLiHk (embed) (embed)

Major new shit
>More than 2 item shortcut pages available! Buy them from Tome with patronage points, adjust how many you want in settings
>Abyss mode! How low can you go? Lower go'ers get better shit
>Can now play levels with specified friendos at the Torii gate
>Most weapons now have a strong charge attack and a mobile running/dash attack! Check them out!

So how do I get glory without PS+?
level 250 remnants give 150 a pop.

You answered your own question. Kill remnants.

give up trash equipment to the tea shop

Glory is saved server side so just make a save onto a usb and donate 500 items and load that save back up afterwords to keep all the glory and items.

PSA: Parry disabled vs Guarding enemy means that your weak attacks wont get deflected

PSA: everyone already knows

I never figured it out until now

something tells me its more important on two swords

Are the DLCs expensive? Are they worth it?

They're $10 each, and you can finish the game an its DLCs on the easiest difficulty setting and feel satisfied.
Post-game content and extra difficulties heavily depend on RNG and grinding.

yeah

Play the main game. If you are hungry for more, get the first DLC, repeat

WotD > WotSamurai > WotStrong > WotN > WotN

Thanks.
How many hours do the DLCs add?

depends on how much you want to explore the mechanics of the game

800+ hours so far

Really depends on how much time you spend in the game.

Each DLC is a whole another region to the game with 3ish main missions and around 6 to 7 side missions

*last one being way of the wise

That's how much I wish to forget it

500% ki damage from stones just appeared in my tempering pool lmao

>lmao
>not immediately making a stone tossing build

That's similar to my experience

Samurai was great. I would probably be satisfied with Nioh just with the vanilla experience and nothing else, to be honest, such a fun game and an entertaining plot

Strong was also great as it remixed enemies while also letting you use pretty much whatever set you want for the entire game with minimum grind

Demon was fun in a "ok now let's see what you got" way, pushing the game until it was almost broken

I didn't finish Wise yet and I probably won't. The cost to actually get into Wise is so steep. WotD was hard to gear up in the end cause soul matching cost was becoming absurd but Wise is another beast. You need to dump your divines for the new tier and the new tier is almost impossible to acquire. You also have to put +s on them and soul match on top of it. It's just not fun anymore

Strong > Samurai = Demon > Wise, to me

>I didn't finish Wise yet and I probably won't. The cost to actually get into Wise is so steep. WotD was hard to gear up in the end cause soul matching cost was becoming absurd but Wise is another beast. You need to dump your divines for the new tier and the new tier is almost impossible to acquire. You also have to put +s on them and soul match on top of it. It's just not fun anymore

abyss defile

Seems to be worth it. After buying Nioh, I stopped playing other games. I was playing The Witcher 3, but I got hooked on the combat of this game.

But then, I'm playing without thinking too much about gear. To me, it is all about the distance and timing of the dash and attacks.

The first playthrough can be beaten without any issues by just equipping whatever has the biggest numbers at the time, don't sweat it. You can farm some sets like Warrior of the West and Red Oni if you want, but it's not something that has any incredible impact in the game that early

I think it's a good thing to broadcast.
I didn't know this shit until two threads ago.

Ah, thanks. After reading people talking about their gear, I thought I was playing like an idiot, since I usually didn't bother looking at effects. I guess it is normal in my stage.

it's worth it for hayabusa set alone.

anyone know this? does it affect only "Jumonji Spear" or anything with it in the name like "Squire Jumonji Spear" or the jumonji spear with the stance change ki recovery the spear master drops?

Is there only the one trophy for clearing floors on the abyss? I’m gonna get all the DLC trophies done and then it’ll be 100% completion and I can put this game down, I just haven’t been fully bothered getting them all until now.
I got 400 hours out of Nioh. Not bad at all

I just hopped into the abyss for the first time just now, just to see what it was all about. Dumb question.. How do I leave it? I did one of those boat things and I wanna get back to my mission progress. I'm sure I'm just retarded, but I can't find a anything that'll take me back to the map screen. Do I have to clear a boss?

kill boss and use the light

400 hours for a game is the best, I think. High enough to be worth it. Like Crusader Kings.

But not as high as "Football Manager", which is pretty much "electronic crack" and wastes thousands of hours, at the point it becomes a negative. I don't play that game anymore.

anyone running a light armor build in the lategame? is having under 200 toughness a major issue or do you play around it alright?

enjoy being interrupted by everything ever

Only use light armor if you plan on stacking Agility Damage Bonus and Equipment Lightness Damage Bonus.
The game doesn't tell you this, but you passive gain a damage boost the lighter you are, up to 5%.

>getting hit

i know that's what's going to happen but i see people in full 'busa and shit and i'm wondering how they handle it

>million heads and dogs along with groups
by getting hit as less as possible, you're ded anyway if you get hit on decent difficulty in light armor

would you say you learned anything from football manager?

Sometimes, all your players get injured at the same time.
International break is your enemy.
Some defenders are good, but they get red carded too often.

I'm I also had a loan system similar to Chelsea's.

After finishing Way of the Samurai and getting some +3/4 gear, should I go for the DLC or let that wait until later?
I wish all the DLC never existed because now I have more weapon types I want to use on the same build but can't because stat spread.

>Just need to finish 3 more floors before I've completed the Abyss
>Have to fight a glowing red Masamune with infinite LW
>See in a youtube video that I have to fight Masamune with Yukimura on 999, both with infinite LW

did you really expect a fair fight or something?

No. I had a chance to leave the Abyss on 996 with all my shit and I blew it.

damn that sucks

I just got the Hayabusa magic attack but where do you find it?

Ninjutsu. It's to the right of Fire Shuriken.

if you have +3/4 weapon you should be fine
if you get it any higher it will be too easy.

Thanks mate.

So, a friend recommended that i start playing as an odachi build with fanatics and the fire bird spirit for my way of strong playthrough. I whipped it together and found that it's pretty stupid. I don't feel like i'm getting better at the game by playing this build, but don't know what else to strive for build wise. Does this build become more challenging in the harder difficulties or will i always be able to half-ass my way through everything? I don't mind trying any weapon out, but i have no idea what weapons synergize well with what armor sets; are armor sets even important or are they just a little extra if you want it? I'm mostly use to the souls shit, where gear is 90% fashion. All these attributes and bonuses sort of leave me overwhelmed trying to figure what works well with what, and that's not even factoring in all the smithing madness.

Your friend is a shitter trying to make you one as well. Just pick a weapon you really like and slowly make your own build.

sets are pretty important because most of them give you a substantial close combat damage increase at 4 pieces. If you get a certain accessory it lowers the requirements for sets and you can even stack that bonus twice.

The goal of your build should be to break the game, but if yuo're only in way of the strong it isn't really necessary to spam living weapons to do this. There are more tactical ways to get the job done.

It depends on what weapon you want to use and what class of armor you want. If you give us some ideas we may be able to make recommendations.

>If you get a certain accessory it lowers the requirements for sets and you can even stack that bonus twice.
And once you get to ethereals, you can stack it up to 3 times.

Hmm. I was sort of interested in that one armor set and spirit and boost your long range stuff, but that feels like it's probably too gimmicky to play with at this stage of the game. Is there any particular weapon that goes well with magic? i know a huge chunk of success comes from bringing the right magic to the job, and i like the idea of doing that ying yang stuff with it. I don't have much to go on since i just breezed through the first difficulty like a regular action game and just picked up whatever was better than what i had. I haven't been any further than way of the strong, but i do know that demon and higher gets brutally difficult and i need to get my shit sorted by then. Picking up random stuff won't keep me alive there.

Shorten recovery time doesn't stack right?

It stacks. Put it on all your armor pieces and the recovery time when your ki is gone is barely noticeable.

Saika's Yagatarasu combined with the spirit is actually pretty good, especially if you spend ninjutsu on the ranged weapon buffs and ammo capacity. Unlimited Ammo is great and if you inherit it onto all your armor you'll have a lot of ammo to work with.
I think the best part is that there is a dual sword that gives you damage scaling off of spirit and extra damage reduction for using Yagatarasu. It's kind of a no brainer to combine all this shit. You may not think ranged weapons count for a lot, but all you need is one weapon with the follow target skill and you can easily pop shots off.

Onmyo is more of a support skill, unfortunately. There isn't really a set that goes off of it. There are some equipment items that scale off of magic as well, but it's not a very huge bonus. The whole point of onmyo is to inflict debuffs. I would recommend using stuff flavored to an element you want to use, and then having a second element ready as well to inflict confusion.
I will say that the point of Nobunaga's set and spirit seem to be that you would be ready to use every element.

Honestly though, there's no reason you couldn't do the full yagatarasu thing and then simply put 30 points in magic as well. You'd just need to reforge gear skills that help your onmyo as well.

What is the follow target thing? i don't think i've ever seen that attribute before. I'm probably going to go with that style, with a healthy side of magic to assist. I'm sure i'll find stuff to reforge and soul match into as i gain a stronger understanding of the playstyle and gear. Although, with emphasis being on the power of the rifle, are there any surefire ways to get ammo back on the off chance i die a lot trying to defeat a boss? Magic and ninjutsu auto refill at shrines, but ammo is finite unless you happen upon an enemy gunner on the way back to the boss. I know the idea isn't to use the rifle for every single enemy, but it would be a good way to dispose of big tough enemies and put the hurt on a boss. But i think there are some ninjutsu and onmyo that can give you at least a couple of free rounds?

Shadow round talisman will grant you a temporary Unlimited Ammo buff.
There's a ninjutsu called Improvised Projectile which basically just gives you a free piece of ammo(but only one, so you would need to reuse it between shots)

the follow target is a purple ranged weapon skill that auto-aims to the center of a target if you are already locked onto them, and then follows them. Easiest way to get it is by tempering or get it on a drop. the Yagatarasu set has a skill called "Auto-aim weakpoint" but it's severely underwhelming. It targets the weakpoint of a target you're locked onto, but then it doesn't follow it. I recommend rolling the other skill onto your weapon instead(they don't stack). It's still the set bonus for that huge unlimited ammo boost at the highest tier.

Other things you will probably want on your main rifle are Matchlock Speed Up(self explanatory), Movement speed up 100% when aiming ranged weapon, Unlimited Ammo, Matchlock Damage, and No Guard Break while aiming range weapon(grants you super armor while aiming)

in case you don't know about tempering yet, you get umbracite from being summoned or completing twilight missions. Then you can hit triangle in the reforge menu for an item to temper, which lets you choose from pools for a guaranteed roll. There are different tiers for different quality of umbracite, and you can go to forge to combine 3 into a higher tier of umbracite.

The pools get rerolled if you temper any of the slots or if you reforge two at the same time normally.

My friend and I are planning on splitting the cost for this game. How much should we wait for Nioh to go on sale for before we take the plunge?

whoa, that's a lot of good information. I think i'm definitely going to try out that build. I actually already have most of it just by pure luck, except i'd need to work on the stats the items have. Thanks for all the info, i know it was a lot to lay down. I just felt my current odachi fanatic build was leading me down a dark path.l

Does anyone have a Defiant Honor's pic of this quality?

No prob. This is a good time to get what you need in Divine and then reforge the skills onto it. If you didn't notice, the item level knows above 150 in way of the strong. Once you have all your gear you can just spend your extra resources rolling skills on it and soul matching the + value higher(I believe it caps out at 10 for way of the strong).
You can even carry that shit through Way of the Demon if you want. If you plan on actually doing all the missions in each difficulty this will save you a lot of trouble, but if you don't want to do that you don't really need to sweat it as much and you can just rush through to unlock ethereal equipment to make end-game builds.

keep in mind at endgame you get one-shot no matter what you do so you will probably have to try something different altogether at that point. I kind of like Mid-game's comfy meta where the enemies are really powerful, but aren't too challenging, and you can actually depend on things that provide damage reduction or toughness to help you out.

Best size I could find, sadly.

Much appreciated, friend

Oh and for completion's sake here's a much higher res one for Bloodshed's End.

bupm

>Got Futsunushi Smithing Text on Hanzo enemy on abyss

What else this guy spawned?

You've hit the jackpot user, don't leave that mission until you've killed him atleast 100 times.

>Already leave the Abyss

Fuck. Now I have to waste my Cracked Ochokos just to get into that certain stage right?

Literally every smithing text in the game.

Backup your save from the map screen, go to floor 4, get on the boat for the Torpor effect. You'll be in the Iga stage, Head for the wooden bridge over the pit and you'll see Hanzo below you. If you don't, quit and reload your save from the backup and try again. Once he spawns, kill him, use an earthfold talisman and repeat for unlimited texts.

Thank you, will do that sooner

What exactly does shockwave talisman do? from the video clip it looks like it adds a shockwave to your ki pulses like the one that you get when you use sword ki.

Does this activate if you already have something like spear stance chance or tonfa's demon dance?

>futsunushi smithing text

Wait a fuck

might be a nice cool lockdown if you're good at ki iai pulse loops.

Is there a list of unique helms and what they do?

Is it possible to obtain smithing text from Hanzo when the said text is already a mission reward

I can't confirm it, but allegedly yes, he even drops mission reward texts.

do you think nekomata and sairose are bros as much as willy and hanzo are

How do you see how many hours you've played? I've seen screenshots of it before but I couldn't find it in any of the menus when I tried to check today.

Go to titles, then gameplay record. Check "other" and scroll down.

I could swear I looked through all of those twice, I guess I still missed it. Thanks.

it does sound cool, but I'm getting the impression it only does one burst per talisman. I haven't tested it yet, though.

What's the Onmyo breakpoint for more capacity after 30? I'm just dumping the other weapon scaling stats for like +2 attack per level, I should be getting something better. Also how good is raising Spirit?

Spirit is good at 99 after than the bond doesn't go up anymore, capacity is good at 100 for 41 capacity, can go up to 200 for 50 capacity points, you can respec anytime as well so don't worry bout it honestly, just focus on just leveling what works for you right now.

I'm at 630 right now with 200 str, and rounding out heart and stamina in the mid 100s but I'm getting basically nothing per level from anything else. How did people even get to 750 so quick?

Are you using Odachi and Sword? Then that's good for your build, I think 99 spirit is mandatory, and if you depend on magic 100 or even 99 is good enough, skill increases samurai point gains so you can put more points in the melee passives, what I did was put only 20 points in body so I can use all armors and 147 in stamina so they can have a B agility.

Bosses way deep in the Abyss give crazy amounts of amrita.

holy shit this hanzo text trick is a godsend

i'm currently doing it, it just randomly appeared so i decided to farm, knee deep in iga jonin.

any of you farming hanzon on stage 84? just wondering if it has better drop rates

I'm doing on 114, so far only 5 texts in like 40 mins.
Only have 38% Item Drop rate though.

you might want to get those numbers up if you're more serious about the farming

i farmed him at 4 and got 28 texts in 1+ hour

I know I wanted to do abyss runs but this came up so I decided to try it out planning on making a proper item drop rate set later.

>hit Abyss 100
>random minor Yokai replaced with 4 armed cunts
This is no longer comfy.

You all better utilize this glitch as maximum as you can. Cause KT will 'fix' this in patch 1.21

whatever 1.21 may contain, it's not better than just keeping 1.20 by not updating

that said, i should have kept 1.9

Can rerolling with defiling ever go wrong? Can you potentially lose levels or drop a rarity tier or something, or do you only gain from it?