/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #1010 - UFO Catcher Edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j9fiI2-h0Io
youtu.be/BhKhd5GX3LU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

slow

>yfw next Sonic game has a jap DBZ style opening

Nice unspoilered game Sonicbabs

First for Silver a cute!
A cute!!

Nice boss fight, Mariobab.

Why is it that Sega is just not capable of recreating Nintendo's style?
Even Ubisoft is better at it than them.

I'm not doing that good, to be honest. Just had a bad argument with a really close friend and I doubt she'll ever talk to me again.

Would you all mind posting cute pics to cheer me up? I desperately need it right now.

It's kind of satisfying knowing they leaked their own game after leaking Mania.

youtube.com/watch?v=j9fiI2-h0Io

Generations was really lacking in cutscenes, IMO.
A would probably bump its score up a full point if we had more Eggman & Robotnik banter peppered throughout.
youtu.be/BhKhd5GX3LU

Sorry to hear that, user

Feel better, user.

>Generations was really lacking
Yes.

Weren't there rumors or allegations that there was more plot intended but it got left on the cutting room floor and/or the game was rushed enough that they couldn't make it in?

Like explaining where the fuck Classic Tails came from instead of him just being there when the two Sonics meet

>caring about spoilers for a fucking Mario game

user it doesn't really matter what game it is, people don't care for being told everything that happens in a game they're interested in playing. Especially in a general that's not for talking about said game. I don't own a Switch, but I can sympathize.

Because ST lacks passion, more or less. MxR worked because the devteam was hellbent on making it work. LW was just shoddily cobbled together.

I'll just say this user: don't feel too torn up about it, whatever happens happens, and someone new will just replace them eventually. People come and people go

Forget the actual game, I'm waiting for Forces to come out so we can a clean, full rip of Guardian Rock and that Supporting Me remix.

What if they stopped making Sonic games?

no matter what happens, we'll always talk to you

The ending of your game sucked, how does it feel to be totally rejected by the love of your life?

Same thing happened to me months ago. Haven't spoken to her since then. The upside is that I'm still talking with her best friend and we're cool. So if things don't work out with you and her just try and move on. My situation was that she turned into a hardcore feminist after I advised her not to take the class.

Would have helped if there were more little cutscenes after each level like the one that happened after Green Hill and Chemical Plant.

Just fun little cutscnes of the characters commenting on the place, sharing memories, injokes.

ctrl s

I would cry like a bitch. I'm not even ashamed to admit that.

Who's they?

Oh, fuck.

Mario should just get with Amy. They both get rejected by their crushes after all.

Amy isn't interested in ugly ass humans

He would just get rejected again, probably with a hammer to the face.

Mario isn't interested in ugly ass hedgehogs

Rude!

Rude!

*sends letters*

>one is constantly put down because she's clingy and doesn't understand no
>one was rejected in standard comedic affect
Amy might get a spin off if she stuck with Mario so it might work out after all.

huggu

>greed
is it possible for an oc to be the protag of their own story without dragging any official characters into it, and not break this rule? serious question

What game is this?

Would it kill you cat/bat/underaged rabbit/hedgehog fuckers to use CTRL+S?

I can't believe Sonic and Sonic are fucking dead.

user, you might as well go dark until you get the game. People are gonna keep spoiling.

I don’t want to tempt fate and find out.

Blaze is too for Silver

Why in the goddamn Sonic gen though

Yes. In fact that's probably the best way of using an OC. The most they interact with a main character is maybe running past them at some point or whatever. The easiest way to get people to not write off your OC is to give them a thing of their own that they can do.

I suppose you could by having the OC's story take place in the same world as Sonic and co., but not alongside Sonic and co.

People are assholes.

You should've seen this coming and I can't wait for people to drop Forces leaks.

The moment Forces leaks, I'm fucking off to the /sthg/ alternatives.

I already knew to stay out of this general on the week of Forces cause it's a Sonic general

what about say, a story like forces
say there's an OC that idolizes sonic, and may or may not meet him later down the line, but the plotline still separates his and sonic's perspectives without putting the former over the latter
so at worst they'd be more or less equals in terms of story priority

would that be a line too fine to walk or
and rest assured this is all hypothetical

That's fine. The way I'd do it is I'd make a few questions, and if a few of them come out to "Yes", do heavy revisions
>Does the story make the OC look more competent than the canon cast
>Do the canon characters heap praise onto/quickly befriend the OC even though they've done nothing
>Does a canon character fall for the OC?

I think canon/OC is fine if it's a tertiary/Literally fucking who character like Tiara or the Hooligans, but anyone that's as/more relevant than the Chaotix is a no go

What if Amy has green contacts to be more like Sonic but she got some fucked up cheap ones from china so it fucked up her vision and also her perception of color and I dunno Im sorry

Speaking of the Hooligans, was I the only one who was severely disappointed that they were just constructs of Heavy Magician in Mania? Everyone about their inclusion was perfect, then it's just soured by it not actually being them.

Poor girl couldn't afford the expensive ones Sonic uses

A bit, but it also makes me a bit hopeful since this could mean that there's a chance of them actually showing up. Wish they could, because this franchise needs some minor villains, or at the very least, recurring villains that aren't Eggman/Eggman's pet monster of the week

What's that? You said you want to see Zavok again?

If they don't have shitty writers for them I don't see why not.

>the Zetis are more fleshed-out in everything but their debut game

i'd also add that ocs need to have their limits and weaknesses defined (if only loosely) and balanced so that their personality can take shape
and this goes for personality/ability interactions as well; like you could create a character with no powers at all that ends up well-liked for his leadership and selflessness, or you create a character that's got loads of powers yet is too afraid to use any of them because of possible collateral damage
either way creating a character is all about development and relatability; i.e. would said oc be a pretty decent guy to hang out with irl or something
also i think platonic ships with official characters are alright, but nothing too deep ie sonic and tails relationship

I was thinking recently about how being a fangirl is more than just having a crush. I wonder if Amy obsessively compiles knowledge about sonic's endeavors. Collects all the newspaper clippings and writes out a list of character flaws and that sorta thing.
Getting into arguments about sonic's abilities and feats and that sorta thing.

If only the Deadly Six weren't shit. I'm fucking pissed, because outside of being yet another group of villains that betray Eggman, having an independent group of villains is a great idea, especially ones that aren't just mindless monsters. If they had actual characters, I'd love to see them as recurring bad guys.

One of the problems with Forces is that since the games don't have major recurring villains, they had to regress 2 characters and shove Metal in there alongside the one non-Eggman villain that could become a recurring one.

Doesn't help the Rogues are stuck in limbo and barely qualify as villains

You're right on the money. I'd like to add that if you give them powers, set hard limits on them

Mario is easily 10 years older than her.

Last I heard, Mario is 26.

Kek, nice.

>Amy getting into arguments about Sonic's abilities
She'd be perfect for /sthg/

Goodnight /sthg/

>And so I say "CREEAAM, CREEEAAAAAM, WE'VE GOT TO TALK ABOUT SHADOW"

depends on your definition of "hard limits"
like you could get a character to lift like a thousand pounds no problem and that'd be fine
but if like even a feather were to drop on the load and he crumples, that'd be ridiculous

so i'd say give em a solid range, and define the points where they would have trouble and would need to result to other tactics and/or surpass their current limits in order to accomplish something

that's pretty much character development in its simplest form from my view

Maybe she likes to collect cards.

goodnight

*dream*

My definition of hard limits is similar to yours. They have a decent range in terms of abilities, but there's a fair amount they cannot do at all and need others to do for them. So for your example, a character could lift 1,000 pounds, a feather could be added, but he'd still be okay. However, the more weight you add, the harder it gets for him to keep it up, and at 1,500 he crumbles.

>Watching custom hero chemical plant
>Literally only 1 pathway

Every time they release more shit about this game I get more and more worried about linearity.

I mean this is seriously unleashed tier paths

Should Sonic dip into more extreme styles of music? "Infinite" shows they'll go at least to nu-metalcore, and "With Me" was on the heavier side of rock, but would something like digital hardcore, industrial metal, or melodeath be possible for something like a Shadow the Hedgehog 2?

delet

I just noticed something in the Japanese trailer for Forces. Classic Sonic doesn't have solid black eyes but rather the iris is a very dark grey, just like in some of the old Classic Sonic art like that picture of him sitting on a suitcase in a harbor city.

/mmg/ is dead. It seems for good.
Consider yourselves lucky at the worst of times, for at least Sega is gracious enough to produce something to be collectively spit on.

>PLUMBED

>sky sanctuary isn't yellow enough

What, has the discord died too?
Damn. That's sad.

You seem to be forgetting that there was a universally acclaimed Sonic game released two months ago.

?

Eh. Even so, not everyone liked Mania.

Did the DIscord die?

This picture's becoming the new Utopia webm, post something else please

don't worry. /mmg/ will be back one day. probably when the cartoon starts

And there was a significant amount of time after Generations where the all sonic games were iOS apps, mediocre, or downright bad. And yet Sonic still kept going.

There was never a point in the discord.

mighty gunvolt burst is getting regular dlc, and ray should be in the next one
and there have been a few traces in the files that legacy collection 2 could come to 3ds
at the very least there's subjects to talk about

Don't, I like seeing that picture

They're not complaining about it though

>3DS
Just put it on the fucking Switch already.
Hell, put it together with the first collection for the Switch release and it could be what it should've been to begin with.

and Amy is 12, Mario's a sick fuck

Sorry to hear that. Hope you two can resolve it.