Minecraft General - /mcg/ - Thriving Community Edition

Previous thread ► 1. WELCOME

We discuss Minecraft, modpacks, projects, building ideas, etc...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

[ ! ]For 1.10+ Use foamfix and Optifine with terrain animated turned off

► 2. NEWS

[30 jun 2017] Noodlor's Castle Collection is completed! Including a world-download.
> imgur.com/a/NeywO

[14 may 2017] GoG update is finished
> mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/228948-grimoire-of-gaia

[02 jan 2017] Asie has been working on asie.pl/foamfix/, which remedies 1.10+ RAM issues,
as well as a few others, github.com/FabricMC, [YouTube] Silent Charset update.

► 3. USEFUL LINKS

/mcg/ General text (use it to contribute news and info for the next thread!)
> public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-op

Modding Tools & documentation
> mcforge.readthedocs.io
Curse downloader
> github.com/TOLoneWolf/curseDownloader
Explaination of how do stuff for newfags
>public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-modfaq

Server list (own a server? Please move to the new Serblist.com)
> serblist.com
> docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w0Nywo6sZcexcYb46hTOfAwElaeUlPoCC4DKRFcMWYQ (Old)

Ideas & Inspiration
> mcnoodlor.imgur.com/
> elworrier.imgur.com/
> imgur.com/a/JPif9

Castlefag's map
> mega.nz/#!h3hi0TQR!areDzeQYr6RACXyDX-HE49BEIePIHze3liNoXg6Dhqg

Other urls found in this thread:

minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/tool-belt
minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/the-beneath
etherpad.net/p/frogserb
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>all generals I love are fuckin ded
Sorry for being cursed /mcg/

>down for 12 hours
is there really nothing to discuss

We just get some ded times. Soon we'll be full of life again, right?

Also, post pipes.

why the fuck cant you cook things on a fire

I dont want to carry a fucking Furnace around with me everywhere

I've been playing Ars Magica, what's the best way to level up? I've currently got a heal spell, a force damage projectile, and a fire/force projectile

Just forcing yourself to use spells as often as possible. Mining or damage ones are great for this, but you'll still have to grind quite a bit, especially later on.

Portal open anytime you need it

Turns out you can just port the latest zenscript from crafttweaker into minetweaker 1.7.10 for that sweet number loops

Is there any advantage in moving from MT to CraftTweaker on 1.7.10?

Is there a mod to get huge caves like in the OP picture?

does anyone know where i can get a free account?

how do i git gud with forestry BEEEZ

i hate this fucking shit

not that I know of, the 1.7.10 version of crafttweaker is barebones

Dooglamoo Worlds makes giant single caves like that but it works massive changes on pretty much everything else, so your mileage may vary if there's any part of vanilla worldgen you like.

there are probably mods that do that, but as for the reason vanilla doesn't allow cooking things on a fire,

i wanna say it's because they wanted to incentivize you to build bases. "oh shit i need food" or "i gotta drop off all these ores" and thoughts like that all push you to go back to a place you built. the primary gameplay loop is build shit -> gather resources -> repeat, regardless if the shit you wanna build is purely aesthetic or industrially functional, so making furnaces feel like they should be in a fixed location helps reinforce the "build shit" side if that makes sense

forgot to say, even though i WANNA say that's the reason, not sure how much credit i wanna give notch for thinking that out. i mean the game is pretty content-light and sometimes feels more like an idea than a full game, but then again it's not that complicated an idea and it wasn't fully realized anyway so i could see him thinking of things like that.

JUST spent like 2 ho9urs trying to find my old account. is it worth buying a new one or is there any easy way to get a free one?

This is one of the reasons why TCon pan is the best melee weapon.
Top tier comfy.

>it works massive changes on pretty much everything else, so your mileage may vary if there's any part of vanilla worldgen you like.

I'm using Realistic Terrain Generation, I take it they're not compatible then?

What mod adds that comfy campsite?
Can you sleep on that bedroll?

Truly a ded game and ded general.

it hurts more than it should

Thoughts on Futurepack? Seems it's kind of like a tech Thaumcraft for memeversions. Fuck it gets grindy unlocking some of the later recipes though.
Pic not related

nani the fuck
Explain how do, and does it unlock the additional benefits of the zenscript that was supposed to be in minetweaker 3.1.

>implying I'm going to use that
>implying the 12 year olds are going to use that
It's nice though

I have never played it, why don't you make a playthrough of it and post it in here?

>use pipes and apiaries to set up a system to breed a large number of drones
>use large number of drones to force convert at least two pristine princess to the types you want until the drones breed true
>keep a spare princess and drone in case of emergencies
>make two or more un-automated apiaries and place the bees you want to cross breed inside
>scan the drones you get and pick the best one.
>pure breed = half target breed > half and half base breeds
>all things being equal choose the one with better stats. at this stage the most important stats are high fertility and a short life
>once you have your target princesses and drones continue to breed for stats until they breed true
>stick them in your automated apiaries and repeat

>not carrying a stack of cobblestone and planks at all times

>the absolute state of forestry

>tfc
>mekanism and forestry
how does that even work?

TNFC serb. You can go see it yourself

Bad news: I had no idea how badly caves were affected by cave-ins and I just wrecked this one.
Good news: I have a source of plenty of kaolinite.

What're some necessities of a subterranean dorftress?

Proper fucking natural but huge cavern design is the hardest part, never figured out a good way to do it.
Generated minecraft caverns are too dinky for dorf besses; caverns, especially those that house dwarven holds should be voluminous as shit.

Best bet would be to simply worldpainter the caves.

Anyone have some cool seeds for TFC to share?

World editing tools still suffer from the same problem terraforming in survival mode does, it's really hard to make it look natural.

What I used to do when I wanted a natural looking massive cave a ways back was set off an antimatter bomb right next to bedrock to make an underground bubble then missile the shit out of the walls to make it look less manufactured.
Doesn't work for dorf fort type besses though, because you want more ravine-y shapes.

Are there any good mods that improve combat?

techguns

Looks neat, but it's a bit too modern for me
I try to keep my Minecraft as "medieval" as possible

Turning minecraft into doom is the only way to make the combat actually good.

Then Mine and Blade plus Minefantasy2

Kek

I'll check em out

He's not wrong, Doom in minecraft unironically made combat fun and interesting.

>I try to keep my Minecraft as "medieval" as possible

ya wot
whatchu talkin bout boi

It's not kekworthy user that's what techguns does
Trainserb's 1.7.10 incarnation (rip) had it, and it was legitimately the most fun I'd had killing things in a long while, especially the way it makes you a glass cannon in the nether, you have to pay attention to your surroundings and think a whole lot more tactically but it's not bullshit hard, because they die just as easily as you.
The default spawnrates need a bit of tweaking though.

>tfw I loved it because it made nights and the nether dangerous again
>had to remove it because it causes lag spikes whenever you fire a gun
anyone have an idea about what could be the problem?

I like to keep my Minecraft medieval as well, with a generous splash of magic thrown in.

RAM hitting peak and then forcing GC is the biggest cause of lag spikes, but there's also stuff like the vanilla autosave function being retarded.
Describe the lag spikes.
Are they big long spikes where everything just locks down or fps microstuttering?

Looks neat, but it's a bit too medieval for me
I try to keep my Minecraft as "factorio" as possible

I decided to remove all the oak and spruce trees to clear the terrain for Fordlandia but since they are pretty fucking big they are taking a while to clear, plus I forgot to turn off mob griefing and some EDF mobs were fighting at the night and left some holes on the land which of course I will also have to fix.

Basically, it freezes for a second when a gun is fired (either by me or by mobs). It doesn't happen on every shot, though it's almost guaranteed to happen if someone shoots after a period of no shooting. Like, if I see a skeletal nigger walking on my lawn and I pull out my glock, the first shot lags but the rest don't really do anything. Or if some zombie with a thompson opens fire at me, he fires in 3 round bursts but I get all three bullets at once because of the lag spike. It happens very often in intense firefights, makes it really annoying to fight anything.

I'm 100% sure it's Techguns. Cause I also have Matter Overdrive and I tried spawning like 30 androids to fight. There was nothing like a lag spike even when all of them were shooting at me.

Interested in making a pack for techguns. Any mods that play well with it? Anything to avoid that ruins the progression or feel of techguns?

I should have almost 100 stacks of oak and 100 stacks of spruce. Thank god I'm able to store all that in like 6 drawers.

Anyway, I've cleaned the terrain and taken down almost all trees but leaving the stumps was a retarded idea, specially leaving them so big. I'm gonna have to do even more work now since Treecapitator doesn't work anymore for already cut trees
Chisel is obligatory for it, Vic's ModernWarfare and MCHeli blend since both are about guns. Techguns is supposed to be played with tech mods and I think Mekanism or Magneticraft fit the theme.

It's for meme versions but try the "huge caves" feature from Quark.

Do your best to not die, I don't have anything interesting to show yet

Fuck you then

might you perhaps be one who is acquainted with magic

Any new mods made or updated for 1.7.10?

Probably not. Not aside from forks done here, anyways. Are they even worked on anymore?

>forks
Anything interesting? How do they work?

What do you think about mods that add creative flight as an endgame item? Do you try to balance packs around these types of endgame rewards?

what mod's that belt from?

You could search on curseforge at the 1.7.10 category for newest release

Most have 3-4 prongs, and are used as eating utensils

I'm trying to generate some discussion here, c'mon now.

I have something to discuss.
Aluminum forks. Are they worth it?

why would you use aluminum for a fork? is a normal steel fork too heavy for your delicate arms? do you just leave your utensils outside for months between washes so they build up rust?

That's the thing. I've used nothing but plastic, steel, titanium, even actual silver. Then, my friend pointed out that he used to only have aluminum forks back in Ukraine. Apparently that was all they could afford when he was growing up.
Would it really be that much of an expense?
On the flip side, would aluminum really be that bad?

Could be even worse if you put em in the microwave

aluminum probably bends worse than cheap steel spoons already do

That's pointless, because curseforge is a retarded site as you should know so it will list all mods that HAVE a 1.7.10 version when you choose that option in the dropdown, not filter the 1.7.10 versions of mods.

is it possible to dump all of noodlor's comfy buildings into recurrent complex?
>arse magica
it's shit

I have Ars Magica in my pack. I'm interested in using it's gateways in a central platform which takes me to just about every corner of the Overworld.

minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/tool-belt
minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/the-beneath

I'm currently playing Bevo's Tech Pack Reborn on ATL (it's a 1.7.10 pack) and haven't gotten very far (just made a Railcraft Blast Furnace.)

Would anyone else be interested in playing if I were to host it as a dedicated server? I don't want to waste the resources if nobody's going to play, since I'm already hosting TNFC, but if there's actual interest I don't mind at all.

Some of the actual functionality and aesthetic is neat, like the gateways and the furnaces.
What makes it shit is the fact that it leaves ugly as fuck white trees and pools of jizz all over the overworld. Also, it seems to be buggy, and the spell crafting mechanic is hot garbage. You'll use it to create an OP quarry spell and then never again.

That said, I wish someone would fork it and make it not disgusting, because of all the magic mods it lends itself best to actually building a wizard tower. Any time I've built a base for thaumcraft or shitania it turned into a sprawling clusterfuck real quick.

This piece of shit pack keeps having issues, so nevermind. Quitting early while I'm ahead.

Willing to host another pack though. Aiming for a more traditional kitchen sink pack.

Eh, just cut the trees down and collect all the etherium pools to use as fuel for your magic shit.

I will give you the bugs being shit, though.

Will it have Witchery?

>t. griefer

Do you want it to have Witchery? I don't know if that's a "I want no curse shenanigans" or a "I need curse shenanigans"

I don't usually use Witchery myself, but will include mods others want.

Witchery has some pretty fucking rad magical forest-y shit. I love making forests full of the shit, every plant tries to kill you.

>TFW you have a slight disagreement with the creator of the shit you are working on and you have to make him check dat ass

So that's all I got today... I'm working on something for TC thats going to look baller as fuck when we're finished with it.

Toxicjunglefag, are you still here? If so then have you seen blade runner? It could be great inspo for the city part of the map.
Nice job trainman. The TC update is soon, right?

>The TC update is soon, right?

Not sure when the next one is. We just had a version update two weeks ago that included my first artwork submissions.

>when rowan saplings accidentally end up in your automated tree farm
if i wanted to be fucked to death by treants, i'd install grimoire of gaia

when will you add the one feature everyone's looking for?

>add the one feature everyone's looking for?

I'm not a coder so never, also I've already had that happen now that shit's getting bigger.

Isn't part of the multiplayer kitchen sink appeal having mods you don't use but other players specialize in. Armourer's Workshop could be neat to play with.

Ok, requesting input for a potential 1.7.10 server.

etherpad.net/p/frogserb

^^^

>tfw aluminum forks generate more discussion in mcg than minecraft itself

it is sad, isn't it. here's a discussion topic, which version do you think mojang fucked up in the most? personally I believe it's beta 1.4, all it had was wolves, cookies, april fool's chests and remapping inventory to e

Could use suggestions from people who are more into the magic side of things. I don't really know anything about Thaumcraft addons.

I think the earliest I can put this up will be Thursday evenings, but no promises. I also don't want to rush because I want to test the tweaks and make sure there's no accidental omissions that are hard to add later.

you just compile minetweaker with the latest zenscript from CT
yes it does unlock the newer functions

Oh boy time to play 1.7.10 again? What's on the ticket this time? Wahoo! The same mods that I've been playing with for the past 4-6+ years! This time it'll be different.

>wahoo
Don't you have pipes to fix or something, Mario?