Okay fags I've got 26 ETH right now and am torn between selling and holding (or buying more at the dip), what do?

Okay fags I've got 26 ETH right now and am torn between selling and holding (or buying more at the dip), what do?

Sell when you can get break-even while keeping around 30-50% of your current ETH.

buy litecoin you retard

this

I've heard there will be gains to be had in April, good time to sell?

>selling when theres so many fucking announcements coming this year and BTC is literally gonna be halved.

I swear I'm posting with apes sometimes.

Jumped on the ETH wagon today, wanted to buy earlier but I had to get verified + money took 2 days to arrive on my account.

Why litecoin? It's been around for a long time, that's all I know.

Where did you buy from, two days to verify seems slow?

This.

OP wait until the end of April. This thing is going to soar.

There's a reason bots are selling in controlled units right now followed by a huge, huge buy, then more controlled selling. They know that by the end of April and a little in May ETH's price is going to get much much bigger.

Now is the time to wait and hold man. just a month or 2.

Coinbase

You could give us back our shitty bore u faggot cuck...

Do NOT go to fucking Coinbase. They are fucking scammers who shut down accounts regularly, ban users for sending their Bitcoins to exchanges and marketplaces they don't approve of, and will not respond to your customer service and will shut down your account without giving money back.

STOP FUCKING TELLING NEWFAGS TO GO TO COINBASE YOU FUCKS.

Go to literally anywhere else.

AND places like cex.io offer the same services as Coinbase, with instnat credit card transactions, etc., with lower fees and less waiting time.

Coinbase is the WORST place for you to start trading crypto. Stop spreading this shit to newfags you fuck.

Didn't know that, holy shit. What place do they ban you from trading to?

Google anything you want about it, there are loads of complaints. Google "coinbase shut down my account" or "coinbase shuts account after sending to localbitcoins" or "coinbase stole my money" or "coinbase double charged me" or "coinbase customer service has ignored me for weeks after double charging me". Coinbase, one their own website, talks about how it has the right to close down your account, removing your access to your Bitcoins, pretty much at their will, if any suspicion of illegal money/BTC is used, or if you violate their Behavior Policy.

Well most people have no idea what their currency was used for before they got a hold of it, but Coinbase doesn't care. They are also notorious for selling info to the feds and being extremely compliant, which they legally should do yes but which no other site does.

Anyway, since you asked, there have been numerous reports, all available online, of Coinbase suspending accounts for sending to Localbitcoins or any bitcoin gambling/poker/dice-rolling sites. Other Bitcoin sites don't do this but Coinbase is worried about covering their liabilities in the event of a trial. Just stop using them man.

Cex.io and many many other sites are far better and just as clean, easy, and with less fees.

Note also that if you make a purchase on Coinbase but are unable to pay for it with your specified payment method, they will charge your other payment methods until they get the amount they want rather than just canceling the order. And they will make it very hard to get your money back. That 9 days back account transfer/buying BTC thing is partly because by law you have a certain number of days to cancel or reverse an ACH transfer and they don't want you to do.

Lastly, although I'm hoping they've fixed this, there were loads of reports as late as mid last year from what I could see of Coinbase double-charging accounts for purchases sometimes weeks or even later after a transaction. Luckily people were able to notice and Coinbase claims it was just a bug with their system that was making false charges to people but it's still terrible.

Ethereum is a long time hold, atleast 2-3 years, but expect to wait 5+ years before it's potential is truly tapped

Just sell it now if you dont have a mindset for keeping it for that long.

Keep in mind that this is the closest thing we are currently to a web3.0, if that actually comes somewhat true, we are talking about a trillion dollar market, all major sites will run on the ethereum network and will require ethereum to run their stuff.

But it might also crash and burn, but that's life

You never play, you never win, desu senpoi

Cex.io has massive fees on both bank and credit cards deposits, and they have a big fee on withdrawels aswell

Cex.io is the absolute worst site, followed by coinbase, but that's only talking fees, both sites have decent stability and support

if you want decent support, stability and little to no fees, just use kraken or polo, but they only support bank deposits, so expect to wait up to 5 days before you can buy your coins

Damn... thanks for all of that, going to transfer all my ETH to cex.io I guess.

>decent stability and support
Read That's fucking horse shit. I don't know cex.io at all but Coinbase is just horrible.

All I'm giving advice on is where to BUY your coins, not where to store them. For that, get an offline wallet like everybody else.
>keeping your coins in an exchange like Kraken or Polo
Lol. You have no coins in an exchange. An exchange has your coins and they are somewhat at risk, though I trust Polo. But you're clearly new if you really think any coins you have in an exchange are safe. Get a secure wallet like everyone who does this a lot already has.

What? No get a wallet. None of these are good for storing your coins, only for buying them at the start for you to trade on exchanges. if you're just holding, either lend your money out for interest on Poloniex/any other exchange that does this or put it in a secure wallet which you have access to even if the site goes down or is hacked or whatever.

All i was saying was that buying coins from Coinbase and giving them your business isn't good, so I wish people would stop recommending it to newfags who don't know better. Searching up their history will help. Please don't take my word for it, just look it up.

Do you buy on cex.io?

What are some other good options in your opinion? Is Bitpanda good?

Also, what do you think is the best offline wallet?

They are decent services, but keep in mind we are talking about fucking cryptocurrency sites, you dumbass negro

all of these sites have the potential to get hacked or just vanish and take your pilgrimcoins with them, but coinbase is currently the biggest one, and that's not without reason

it has fees, it had a bad paste, but it's alright now, they barely charge anything for bank deposits, and credit card deposits are fairly low compared to cex.io's fees

I've personally bought on Cex.io, Coinbase, and a few other sites, some not in English.

I hope someone who knows more about this can help you because I don't know exactly.

There's loads of wallets out there though. Blockchain.info is another one. Probably thousands.

Bitpanda I don't know, sorry.

If you're keeping your coins in an online wallet on ANY of these sites, you are compromising your own security.

You can print out your bitcoins on paper and put them in a wallet you carry in your pocket. Short of them getting wet/catching fire, they aren't going anywhere. There's also hardware available to use as wallets. Also safe.

>we are talking about crypto here
And you're giving up your security for free because it's convenient for you.

Keep in mind I say this as someone who uses the online wallets too and doesn't take my own advice, but you're flat out wrong to think there's a risk of losing your coins to hacking IF you are following the recommended steps to keeping them secure and safe.

Coinbase has currently shut down my account yesterday because I closed off my payment accounts to them and cancelled an order, which they deem as "high risk" and I'm now waiting for them to hopefully let me back in to get my coins/money back. No other crypto site pulls this kind of shit.

For real man? I've got 44ETH up there, what kind of ETH wallet should I get? Should I unload it all and buy from somewhere completely different? Don't other vendors take days to fulfil orders and require fifteen forms of ID and not accept debit cards?

I honestly don't know since I keep my money in exchanges to constantly trade it, which is a terrible practice I know and bad to do, but I've heard Mist is good. People also really seem to like Electrum. You can look this stuff up online. Just search around for 20 minutes or so to find one that you like.

If I were you, I'd buy from anywhere other than coinbase. But, if you think Coinbase has the best fees and are willing to take the slightly more risk, then go ahead I suppose. Examples include cex.io like others have said, but the guy above said it's the worst too so I don't know what to recommend. No, loads of them don't require all kinds of ID. That's for exchanges. Vendors are different.

What you can do is look up local BTC ATMs near you and go to one of those.

I'm really sorry I can't be of more help to you though, for all my ranting. Find someone who knows better than me, maybe make your own thread, because there are definitely better options out there.

>I'm really sorry I can't be of more help to you though, for all my ranting. Find someone who knows better than me, maybe make your own thread, because there are definitely better options out there.

I appreciate it anyway mang, I know that feeling
I've had my sneaking suspicions about Coinbase ever since I tried verifying a bank account for transfers twice and it still asks me to """verify""" it despite me following the instructions to the letter and waiting for weeks
Fugg. Suppose I can set up an account on Kraken, use Coinbase if necessary, and dump everything I've got into an Eth wallet.

I'm just looking for a smaller dip and ill buy in more. Eth is bagholder mode. The user that said you could sell for a 50 break. Its somewhat safe but youll make better gains holding. Eth will go past at least 60. Just be patient