Time drafting

You're the top general fighting a war in the far off future and you need an army of tough, strong soldiers fast.

Time travel has been invented and you can go back in time and "draft" historical armies or people from any part of history. Keep in mind, depending on how old these people are the longer it will take to teach them to use futuristic technology and weapons.

I draft soldiers from the previous year so that I don't have to spend forever explaining them shit.

> bring a mongol army
> they all got PTSD after first engagement

I bring 10 k*rds.

Within 5 months they will have multiplied to over 200 million overrunning and infesting lands while building hives they call "k*rdistan" all over the enemies territories.

After they wipe out my enemies I just destroy their Hive-Apo and watch the drones die out.

Go back to that battle you lost badly last week and draft the other guy's army

There is a short story I once read where Robert E. Lee gets rescued from Hell (don't ask) and he gets put in charge of a group of modern soldiers. He ends up resigning because try as he might, he simply can't wrap his head around modern technology or tactics. He also has a tough time dealing with the fact that half his soldiers are black. He bows out of his position and gets reassigned to to menial labor job somewhere in the rear.

I'd probably just stick with the landsknechts. Toughest cunts and with a seriously god tier fashion sense.

>gets rescued from Hell

>the good guy goes to hell

Id draft the most fearless armies in history and have Stalin be in charge.

Who were historically the toughest fucks in history, who saw shit daily and lived for it?

I want that one above all else.

War is not won by "toughest fucks"

I'd probably pick Subutai as general.

This. Its won by the most united. Why the Muslims spread so fast. They weren't really brave or strong or tough. They were united. It was against their faith to run away from a battle that their brother was fighting in. They were patriotic.

Pretty much.

It would seem like a waste of fucking time. Generals and tacticians on the other hand would be different.

thousands of roman, spartan, or macedonian phalanxes for sure

Why in the hell would there be war to be fought if you could manipulate time? If you have a disagreement with something, you can just go into an alternate time where they don't exist, problem solved.

Not trying to be a downer, it just seems forced.

Hannibal's veteran army.

Far future with time travel n shit? I would go back in time 1 day draft the other guy's entire army. Hen ow has no army and I win. The end.

This is the only correct answer.

>Don't have to explain anything to them
>They are guaranteed to speak your language
>If you somehow get stuck in the past, no big deal it's only a year
>They're from your time so their bodies are on par with modern men in terms of height, strength, immunities, etc.

In fact, the sooner in the past the better. Optimally you'd just assemble an army in one place, then have them sit there while you bring back clones of them from seconds in the past. Boom, infinite men.

you seem real fun, user

>short story
Salvation War isn't exactly short, my man.

Because the war is between different timelines and if you try to escape to another one the enemy will just follow you. You have to defeat them, there's no other way.

It's been a while.

muh universal translators

they can also do that.

humanity's really been shitting up the timestream since time travel was invented.

i'd bring a bunch of turks since they're nuke-proof

Well, George Washington would understand english but you'd still have to explain him about a billion things before he'd be useful.

Who want whashington as his general