Tfw the youtube bubble popped

>tfw the youtube bubble popped

How to profit off this?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/technology/2017/mar/25/google-youtube-advertising-extremist-content-att-verizon
businessinsider.com/youtube-stops-creators-with-less-than-10000-views-from-making-money-2017-4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what do you mean?

All the advertising bubbles are going to pop. Start layering up your short positions on social media companies with ridiculous valuations. Nothing too risky yet, but I feel we're near a top with a lot of the mega-cap advertisers if we haven't hit it already.

What did he mean by this?

Are you kidding me? Look at the valuations of companies like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat. They aren't worth the astronomical amount they are right now.

>Snapchat

This is the one that is the most transparently bullshit.

They all are. Think about what these companies consist of. They run on code that any idiot can write. The only thing that is valuable is their userbase, which can leave at any time.

Exactly. Between half (and that's generous) the clicks that you pay for being Pajeets in like/retweet farms and bots and the old MySpace/Friendster ghost towns I don't get the insane confidence people have in these companies.

Short YouTube!

A bunch of companies are pulling their ads from youtube.

Not only is google losing money, but the people who make videos there as well.

I don't really get how facebook is still a thing. Nobody uses facebook right? Well, maybe normies use it just to upload pictures of themselves doing stuff to show their family/friends how they're living "the good life".

Twitter, I just don't see the appeal for normies to be on there.

Instagram and Snapchat are basically just replacements for instagram and twitter.

don't know, snapchat is sure gonna break but Facebook is strong as fuck cause they have too much personal infomation

>A bunch of companies are pulling their ads from youtube
why?

I think they'll all break. The question is when. Would be pretty hard to time it right.

>but the people who make videos there as well
yup.. i made stable profits from youtube with close to 0 effort

now i make 3-4 cents a day if i'm lucky

even all the top youtubers have complained about this

When did it change?

people got hold of the fact that paying people to advertise for you is a total fucking worthless scam

I know, but when did the profits start diminishing? Recently?

>How to profit off this?
Build a platform that fosters creative content and prohibits on-site engagement (aka don't build a comments section).

Basically Vimeo but with better PR to onboard normies, as well as its own ad services that follow older ad models (showing ads should be considered an investment in the Vimeo brand instead of an emphasis on analytics or growth hacking). The latter point is especially important, since it would probably take care of most clickbait overnight.

My best ever was Dec. 21-22 of 2016. It's been downhill after that. But with the start of the New Year it has been literally graveyard-tier.

>How to profit off this?

Build a new YouTube and attract powerful advertisers who are willing to throw tons of shekels your way.

Basically start YT from scratch. I guess the advertisers complained that they were getting shit traffic. No one who clicked their ads bought stuff.

That's what you get when people's Internet culture increases - they become more suspicious of (((ads))). So YouTube started censoring "offensive" and "non-(((advertiser))) friendly" videos and not allowing them to earn, so that the ads are displayed on targeted videos, like unboxing videos, cuck faggy innocent shit and kids playing with legos videos.

Attract advertisers with non-shitty products that sell really well, and build a video-sharing platform with proper code that displays targeted ads to users who are open to this kind of jewry. I guess YouJewbe attracted all kinds of shitty advertisers and they complained that people were shitty, when in fact it was their products.

I don't know. When everyone and their mother has a channel now, it's easy to see how an ad about anti-aging cream is wasted on a minecraft video and the advertiser is pissed about it.

oh, I remember, there was a controversy about some violent ads, or ads inciting violence, or something, being linked to popular videos

theguardian.com/technology/2017/mar/25/google-youtube-advertising-extremist-content-att-verizon

I heard it has to do with how YouTube was placing ads on videos of political statements.

One was about PewDiePie where he made an opinion about his politics and a Verizon commercial played beforehand. YouTubers already know not to have politics involved in their videos as per their agreement with thier sponsors, but they have a no say on what ad plays before their video.

>I don't get the insane confidence people have in these companies
The classic approach is that the investment is in skunkworks style development as opposed to the entire business. It's basically a giant gamble that FB/Twitter/Snap will build something big again.

But yeah, it's all bullshit. The SEC went to SV in mid 2016 to put the top VC firms on notice.

I give Twitter and Snapchat until the end of 2017 before they both go bankrupt. Jack Dorsey is fucking twitter up at every step.

Holy shit user. I didn't realize it was this bad.

source????

Here's now. This is the result of my top 2 videos getting hit with the "non-advertiser friendly content" bullshit.

Youtube is really putting all their eggs in the Youtube TV basket, aren't they? This reads like them completely giving up on user generated content. Only keeping the safest content as a formality. They're destined to be a Hulu knock off.

But people already have Hulu, and Crackle, and Sling, and Netflix, and Amazon Prime, and Crunchyroll, and HBO Now, anf fucking 30 other subscriptions. Youtube TV is a terrible idea.

The fuck are they thinking? They owned the entire user generated video economy and they're ostensibly giving it up to compete amongst a completely flooded market.

Whatever goes up must come down, user.

YouTube is now full of gaming channels, how-to channels, unboxing channels. Every guy and his grandmother have an Adsense-enabled YT channel.

I'd normally see this as a good thing (if I was an advertiser), because that's all the more people displaying your ads. However, they're so spread out that you don't get quality traffic from a concentrated source anymore.

Also, don't judge the global situation by my unique case. I post "controversial" videos, so I probably deserve what I get.

It's probably all about psychology. YouTube knows that cynical, edgy viewers are also cynical enough to see through the (((advertisements))) and cynical enough to have AdBlock, so why not just cut off that entire audience and put all the advertisers' money in cucky, rosey, nice videos with no controversial content in them?

After all, it's gullible liberal faggots who watch them, and they're easy to milk.

>The fuck are they thinking?

Veeky Forums is always right.

What did you do? I've wanted to do something with YouTube for a while and if it stay like this, then I'll probably open a Patreon and have a Twitch schedule.

Doesn't it usually fluctuate like that though? I remember hearing that ads pay most during the Christmas season, then they're basically in free-fall in January.

I dindu nuffin. Not my fault that YouTube now caters to leftycucks who are offended by everything.

Yes, it USUALLY fluctuates, and my strongest month was, indeed, December. January truly was a free-fall month, but I'm now hitting all-time lows and it's April.

This is a global trend. If you don't post "life is amazing" rosey utopia liberal bullshit, you're condemned having your videos demonetized.

40 fucking keks

someone really craves youtube's destruction

No, I mean what did you do on your channel to make that money? I want to get into this but now is probably a bad time because of AdSense.

I just translated news.

Hm, I'm just barely bilingual, so that won't do for me. Need to find a different niche I guess.

bad time for youtube

either do unboxing videos while chanting "he will not divide us", or find something else

I mean if I just latch onto a trend and make the rest of my videos original, but still good, and continue to do the big trends, I could still get a big audience. Then I could monitize that by shilling things like merch, Twitch, Patreon, etc. Hopefully YouTube revamps itself for ads to work better, and they probably will if this makes them lose a significant amount of money, but I read somewhere that a lot of YouTubers earn most of their money related to their channel outside of Adsense, especially since I heard that before this whole fiasco, there was a thing where they started paying less anyway.

I would actually love to see this whole bubble burst. But I subjectively get the impression, that "influencers" are becoming more a thing than ever.

I don't particularily like that though. After all, the whole market seems to be inflated to no end and the value of pampering premature idiots with several 100k of followers sounded like a bad idea for me to begin with. But I've heard of quite a few companies doing it and spending a lot of money on it. (60k for a 2 day performance and a delivered video for example)

Our company (event area) also get's more and more requests of people trying to sell us their "youtube" and "gaming" influencers. It kind of disgusts me, especially as I now for a fact that they are not worth the pennies they are asking.

You just don't sell more products, tickets, abos or whatever just because an idiot in a video is talking about it.

I'm curious though how long this shit will go on.

Yeah, the problem dates way back, at least a year or two. Gaming channels are contractors with Machinima, etc. but vloggers / bloggers rely on Adsense. Unless you use your channel to advertise your own product or shill for someone else's..

Still, what kills YouTube isn't the disappearance of ads. That's just a symptom of YouTube redirecting views from all channels to a select few. Even if you don't monetize your videos and you aren't in the (((chosen))) niche, you won't be getting any views.

I know of famous youtubers who were getting 1.5 - 3 million views per clip who are now barely getting 50,000 views, and they've been doing this for a decade. It's practically become their job, and now they're losing it.

How does one even get into it now? Shill on reddit?

>ad-bock
>people skipping ads immediately if given the option
>if not given the option, people will just refresh the page until the ad is shorter or can be skipped

They can blame themselves for their intrusiveness and people wanting to avoid them like the plague. I don't think I have ever once in my life ever clicked on a youtube ad.

Those curious, this is the result of fake news.

Some shit site posted an article about Pewdiepie being a nazi which had people complain to advertisers. Google tried to make offensive videos unmonetizable but that didn't work. Basically advertisers don't want to pay to hurt their image. Google will find a way since ads are their game. Short then buy the bottom.

This Jew actually was involved in the creation of good AdSense, one of Google's largest cash generators. She's an odd one out in terms of womyn technology executives. Although, her long term game plan is shit, I have to agree.

Make some kind of electricity weapon and destroy things with it.

Guaranteed millions.

What if this is the end, though? Has Google dealt with anything like this before?

The majority of those are clicked by mistake.

I bet they've decided to target gullible 50+ year old folk, and redirected all the ads to videos that gullible 50+ year old, technically illiterate people watch.

True, people like mindless destruction. I'm thinking /r/videos would eat that up. Where else do people shill these videos, and how can I disguise myself in those places? Or maybe selfpost without people jumping for my throat for self-promotion?

The Pewdiepie scandal is recent. People have been seeing a drop in their AdSense revenue since 2015.

I read somewhere that most of ads are clicked on by young children, and young children on the mobile app. Think about it, parents give them a tablet, leave the videos on autoplay, little kids like the pretty color ads, and they click on them, then tell their parents to buy whatever. It's also why those toy channels and weird spiderman and elsa videos get so many views and weird comments, it's just kids clicking around on recommended videos.

>not having adblock on your tablet
shitty parenting deh-soo

Edgy.

Don't know if that exists on the iPad. I'm not a parent btw, but you know many of the apple fanboys of yesteryear are parents now, or the parents who dont get tech and they install the default youtube app on whatever shittab they buy their 4-year-old.

>You just don't sell more products, tickets, abos or whatever just because an idiot in a video is talking about it.

Demonstrably false

>YouTube is facing a full-scale advertising boycott over hate speech
seems like some part of human population is of touch with reality, hate speech is only natural
to hate is to be alive

>youtube now restricting ALL monetization options for channels with fewer than 10,000 views

how did they get WORSE TODAY?

I mean it doesn't affect me, I'm never going to have a youtube channel, but it's just fascinating to watch this bubble burst.

>>youtube now restricting ALL monetization options for channels with fewer than 10,000 views
Wait, what? Source?

businessinsider.com/youtube-stops-creators-with-less-than-10000-views-from-making-money-2017-4

Oh fuck, that actually really sucks. I mean, you're not going to get rich at that level but now you can't even get a bit of side-cash or a small investment toward better video equipment.

JewTube was never meant to make money for Alphabet, at least not directly.

well, it's a buyers market, If you asked a big youtuber right now if they wanted ad money to advertise your product they'd probably shill it out like no ones business...