When did you realize that dressing well was the first step to success?

When did you realize that dressing well was the first step to success?

Personally I'm a NEET but I started wearing dress shirt, dress pants and a sports jacket everywhere and people are starting to respect me. I feel like it's starting to work.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y1Yb9WiqCzM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

When I read about Nikola Tesla dressing well. He did it so people would extend him small courtesies that made it easier for him to glide through life and get what he wanted without struggle. Meanwhile, the scrubs didn't get any favors because they look like they don't care about themselves.

It's so true man. Dressing well changes everything.

I like dressing well because I am lazy. I like gliding through life in the easiest way possible. People who wear hoodies and graphic tees like to pretend they do it because they are laid back and lazy, but it just makes their lives more of a struggle. Fuck that. Not for me. I'll take the easy route.

Yeah looking sharp opens doors. 100%
Common in all social groups.

>24
a few months ago it really sunk in

You still need to fit in though. If everyone at work wears jeans, you wear the nicest jeans.

There's a difference between dressing well and dressing to show off. Just wearing cloths that fit, and don't contain gaudy graphics, will put you in the top % of people.

Yeah but this is all relative is what I mean. In some context a suite would make you look like a try hard in other cases it would be expected.
I'm just trying to differentiate between casual vs dressed up and generic vs high quality

Overdressing will make you look like a show off, nice clothes within the context of the situation will make you respected

True. There is a way to dress well, both casual and formal. A lot of it comes down to fit.

Now, you just have to get outta your momma's basement and find a job!

THIS. TRU AF

Absolutely True. This shit works wonders.

Anyone have an infographic for dressing well?

It's hard to get suggestions for someone with an athletic build. Veeky Forums is nothing but twinks. Struggling to buy new shoes since my old new balances are fucked up but I wan to get something that looks good.

If you arnt tall try tucking your shirt in. It looks way better.

A wild secret I came across op. For years I tried my hardest at changing so many things but it turned out getting in to shape getting into fashion and getting nice hair cuts changed everything for me. Almost sickening how simple and stupid people are when you finally realize what's on the outside is all that matters to 90% of people.

It matters to you also. You probably don't even realize it. But you treat people differently who look respectable. Uniforms are the most obvious example, but it can be more subtle. It's wired into us.

Get some leather quality boots of some sort, you can either tuck the pants legs in or cover the upper depending on the boot and they will be robust AND cool

Haircuts are criminally underestimated. "Hurr men should never pay more than $10 for a haircut" NO your haircut is one of the largest influences on your attractiveness, and at least for me and I think for many people, your confidence and physical self-esteem when you look in the mirror every morning. Go to a decent men's salon and getting a real haircut

Dressing well is too easy. The real deal is to make it to the top while being dressed like a punk. So you can make all these shitty well dresser rage as you give them orders in your baggy clothes

Dressing well means your life success depends on someone, which means you are a wage slave

dressing well is still a total fucking scam and it would be insulting of me to resort to scams for "success"

i'm doing very well wearing whatever i want, and that's why i'm better than you

Found the man-children

Haha yes my fellow gentle sirs. I tip my fedora respectfully towards you.

we are all man-children, children in a sense that we are ignorant of many things, thus curious of how and why abouts. If you think you know everything, you have an inflated ego.
I recently watched a shark tank episode, where a casual young man with slippers came for an investment with this QR app, the sharks GTFO's him. Later this young man sold his app for 45 million to Snapchat.
Looks arent everything, if you are know what you are doing and you have 100000% confidence and some massive results to show, even if you do not monitize on it yet.
The inner child is very important to be found if you want a fulfilling life, let is lose sometimes, but also know when enough is enough.

Hair cut and not wearing black hoodies makes a difference. Ive been stopped by police and traffic inspectors when I was wearing a black hoodie and long hair but never hustled when I was wearing a dress shirt, pants shoes short hair, clean shaven.

>anything with a stripe
the [post]

No thanks. I'd rather look cool and be treated like shit than walk around looking like a dork in business casual attire all day.

You do realize once women start taking an interest in you because you appear to have money that you will have to actually come up with that money at some point right?

Kek this isn't the "things losers say" thread

Thanks for this post, i'm going shopping on saturday now. I needed an excuse to buy some new shoes and a shirt that doesn't make me look like a dweeb

Annon said dressing well, not expensive, the context is key

This is retarded. People want to associate with winners and if you look like an average pleb you get treated like one.

Had to get a gook lmao

Once you are rich, you can dress however you want.

The exception does not prove the rule.

You fucking tards keep wasting money on suits to look successful yet you have jack shit going on. First ride I ever took in a Ferrari was in dirty jeans, t shirt and work boots.

But people build opinions based on first impressions. Why the fuck would you want to look like shit?

This isn't the movies. Real successful people see right though that shit, you'll look like a salesman.

No you stupid retard

If you wear dirty clothes you'll just look like a guy who doesn't care about himself and thus the rest of his life.

Kek. Blue collar here. Trying to break for my freedom.

I tried selling for a couple months. Near impossible to make money without being a lying faggot.

I did really well.

Assholes hire a dozen people and only me and 1 other guy made the cut.

In 2 months i made over 25k and quit from guilt.

I dont regret it tho. Was odd wearing a tie and gelling my hair. Always feel naked without steel toed boots and a hat. Even at home sometimes...

Was cool having people call you sir and grabing doors for you and shit.

Always felt like people were more polite and respectful than they are normally when im in an oil stained shirt and jeans...

Big bonus being able to just leave work and go do shit. Always gotta go take a shower before i even go eat dinner and change clothes...

Here's an idea dumb fuck, how about impressing people with taking action have something to show for it, on your own, instead of hoping some millionaire is going to see your nice suit and pull you under his wing to mold you into the person you should have been before you met him.

Why not both?

>hoping some millionaire is going to see your nice suit ...

I didn't say that nor do I hope for that. What the fuck kind of strawman is this?

Fuck that. I wear the most offensive donald trumo supoorting shit possible. Litterally shoot pool every friday at the bar in a maga hat and a shirt that says liberals suck dick.

Fuckit.

Idgaf.

5 other people got the same hat and the shitlibs either fuckoff and dont talk to me or make an ass of themselves when they talk shit and i call them a soft faggot pussy and tell them we can step outside if they push it.

10 instances of bullshit at the bar.

Not 1 single shitlib faggot has fought at me.

Sure i could lose.

Not affraid to give or recieve an ass beating. Especially if i get to kick a welfafe cuck in the ribs.

Fucking CAT boots 4 lyfe

Meh, growing a mullet cause yolo

AHAHAHAHA.
YUS!!

Get on the danner lever dude.

You seem like a well natured individual.

You should only be focused on one thing. And I don't fuck around.

Top fucking kek. My foal in life is to get on that show and set records. I want to BTFO all those cucks. Turn 360 degrees. Tell them THIS is the deal 0 negotiations. Take it or fuckoff i will field emails from this episode and make a deal. And then do exactly that.

Saw an episode on youtube from some user here that hit home on every fucking level to the loint that i am driving 12 hours to buy hid product and shake his hand.

Pretty much dude built a fold down headache rack. I used to jave one daily and around jere we put them on shit for looks at times.

Never gave a 2nd thought to someone not liking it.

Dude walks in and says he thinks god gave him this oportunity and he wants a plant in his jome town to hekp them with jobs and shit. Amerivan made quality and such.

Sharks (chinkshit general at him.)

He says fuck u and leaves pretty much

That hick will be me. And i will be 400% more offencive and tell millionaires to suck my dick.

I may litterally say that

Me too. Ford rsptor piloted buy a guy worth 10mill+

Left an open beer in his back door on accident.

This board is so fucking retarded holy shit

t. mechanic

All you guys are missing the point entirely

The only thing that nice clothes do is improve first impressions. First impressions are VERY important, as I'm sure you're aware, and the impact that clothes have on first impressions is VERY significant, subconsciously or otherwise, because of what clothes say about you.

Please don't wear loud gaudy expensive shit ever unless you're slightly obnoxious and your personality can own it. It probably cant if you're on Veeky Forums. It can if you're a footballer or rockstar (pic related). 'Money can't buy taste' is a poorfag saying but it's still true; truly fashionable rich people don't wear clothes that tell plebs with no knowledge about clothing that they're expensive (even if they are expensive, this speaks for itself on quality garments). Usually they dress more subdued. No wealth like stealth wealth.

Gaudy labels only impress poor people. Do some base research into the clothes you wear and purchase. Consider the silhouette and textures of an outfit. Taste is how you impress actual rich people.

If you think what I just said and caring about what I just is effeminate bullshit, then that's fine too. I consider somebody who doesn't actively dress 'well' to be focused on other aspects of their life than public appearances, which is fine. They probably work harder.

tl;dr: just b urself ;^)

It's not about cost fuckhead

Clothes that fit you well happen to cost more. That's where cost comes in. You don't want to be buying Walmart clothes that come in "small", "medium", and "large".

>It's not about cost fuckhead
I actively said that in my post lmao
>'Money can't buy taste' is a poorfag saying but it's still true
don't even know if you meant to respond to me

refer to your own post >Clothes that fit you well happen to cost more
That's just one of the factors that increases price though. If you're only concerned about fit, you can easily get "Walmart clothes", take them to a tailor, and end up with a great fit. It's perfectly fine to do so in most cases. Just having cheap clothes that fit perfectly is better than lots of the population.

The materials will still be shit and look badly made though

typical Bible Belt moron, displaying your ignorance like a badge of honor and threatening to fight anyone who badmouths you

maybe he's rich, but on socially he's still an autistic weirdo. just watch interviews - he memorize all his speeches like a fucking robot.

deep inside he's still an basement kid

dressing nice has nothing to do with suits and shit. i feel like i look my best in some jeans that fit well and a collared shirt

kekkonen

What's a sports jacket?
Care to post a picture please?

Kek
Is this actually what OP meant?

No... why don't u just google it

Pic related

It's not an exception

Ah, thank you.
I thought it was slang for some jacket from some sport (like those American college/highschool varsity jackets or something).
Didn't think it would be an actual kind of jacket.

Lmao you seem to be very dedicated to that joke.

Is your name Kyle by chance?

counts as a sports jacket, BUT

muted colour or black with subtle to no pattern of this is best.

Wear a nice button-up under it - if the jacket has a pattern, none on the shirt and vice versa. No pattern is a good rule of thumb for ties. Vertical stripes if you're big and want to look smaller, horizontal if the opposite is true.

For best effect, wear a stylish watch (protip: Thrift shops often have nice ones and the small independent charity ones price better than Goodwill or Value Village).

I want to get a checkered one.

youtube.com/watch?v=y1Yb9WiqCzM

How do I look like THIS?