/lgg/ - Linux Gaming General

Second Attempt Edition!

Last Thread: -Weekly /lgg/ Recommendations-
>0 A.D
play0ad.com/
>PAYDAY 2
store.steampowered.com/app/218620/PAYDAY_2/

-Notable Recent Releases-
>Overgrowth has finally reached 1.0 after 9 years!
store.steampowered.com/app/25000/Overgrowth/
>Dungeons III will awake some Dungeon Keeper nostalgia.
store.steampowered.com/app/493900/Dungeons_3/

-Emulators-
>Frontend
retroarch.com/
>Playstation 2
pcsx2.net/download/releases/linux.html
>Wii & GameCube
wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=Building_Dolphin_on_Linux
>Nintendo 64
mupen64plus.org/

-ETC-
>SteamOS, Valve's Linux based OS.
store.steampowered.com/steamos/
>Wine, for classic Windows games.
winehq.org/

-Discord-

>Linux Gaming General - /lgg/
discord.gg/HnytFN4
>GNU/Linux
discord.gg/crnUgSr

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N4FlL1FCbvA
riot.im
github.com/solus-project/linux-steam-integration
steamcommunity.com/app/250820/discussions/5/133257959064016658/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I hope this general can die and never come back already tyvm

AVBRYT

I'm a stubborn cunt, so probably not for a good while.

NEJ

youtube.com/watch?v=N4FlL1FCbvA

How do I become a lincuck gaymer? Loonix has no good games

>gaming
>linux
What did OP mean by this?

>Discord
You had one job, and you fucked it up again. Get that proprietary shit out of here, and come back when you are capable of doing a GNU/Linux gaming general the right way.

riot.im

>not using proprietary software

>Using a literal botnet.
Literally fuck off. Use IRC at least, stop handing yourself over to the government. Why even bother use linux. Go back to windows faggot

I'm using both without issue, just quit sperging out.

Fuck off Kevin.

>Solus Kevin on Veeky Forums

It's like you didn't take enough beatings on /g/ or something.

Omae wa mou shindeiru

Wow its /g/ Kevin

Linux has plenty of great games! There will be weekly recommendations in the OP of more obscure and well known titles available for Linux.

Right lad, so I'm sort of expecting this bait to show up in every thread at this point, so I'll just address it now.

This is not the thread for you. This is a thread about gaming, including proprietary games. The type of person that has a Steam account on Linux will probably have a Discord account too, you'll just have to accept that.

Of course I'll add an IRC channel if and when this thread actually takes off.

If you want a non proprietary gaming thread, then make one. You can cirklejerk over shit like Super Tux Kart all you want then.

tl;dr it's linux not gnu/linux fuck off i'll stab your dog.

/lgg/'s guest of the week: Kevin Parnell

solus is actually great desu

>This is not the thread for you. This is a thread about gaming, including proprietary games. The type of person that has a Steam account on Linux will probably have a Discord account too, you'll just have to accept that.
No?

>Of course I'll add an IRC channel if and when this thread actually takes off.
It won't because you're a shitty representative of the category.

>You can cirklejerk over shit like Super Tux Kart all you want then
What's the point of a thread like this if you aren't going to talk about GNU GPL or otherwise free software licensed titles? Games that already have threads because they're already published on Windows?

>tl;dr it's linux not gnu/linux fuck off i'll stab your dog.

OK, so this is a Android gaming thread now, right?

I'd actually contribute titles to your thread but you're a cuckold, OP. Your focus on "hey guys, Linux got this game Windows had 10 months ago!" only serves to make this thread redundant to every other general.

You're missing the point of this thread to be honest.
This is not a thread made for convincing people that Linux gaming is better than Windows or whatever, because it's clearly not.

This is simply a thread for those who prefer using Linux over Windows and MacOS, who also play games.

I use Linux because of the performance benefits in 3D production software and I hate Microsoft. I don't have anything against proprietary software. It's okay if you do, just don't try and force your opinion on others. It's not cool man.

I definitely don't represent libre software, and I never claimed to do so.

Then, as I mentioned, your thread is redundant, because any game notable enough to be ported to GNU/Linux already has a thread about it on Veeky Forums, and you're not genre savvy enough to actually know the free software gaming landscape so you can't steer this thread towards anything unique.

In fact, all you've done is demonstrate a disdain for gaming that's actually unique to the platform.

In short, still a cuckold.

Literally this. Sage till the end

This is not a thread about free software, nor is this a thread about this or that game.
This is a >general< thread about gaming on Linux, be it the current state of gaming on Linux or just ports of games.

This is a place where you can discuss and talk about gaming on Linux

Shouldn't be so hard to understand. Call me a cuck all you want, it wont change anything.

github.com/solus-project/linux-steam-integration

Solus guys are working on some cool packages for better integration than stock. It's enabled on Solus by default, but can be downloaded for Arch and Fedora too.

Check it yo

We've already demonstrated to you why your thread is redundant, and why nothing will be discussed here. Shouldn't be so hard to understand, but you're certainly breaking new ground with how little you actually understand about GNU/Linux and Veeky Forums.

Your only friend here is Solus Kevin, a cancerous tripfag that everyone hate.

You can keep posting all you want, it won't change how dead this thread is.

You are still a cuckold.

How about making some suggestions for making a better thread?

I did. Stop linking Discord, you dumb fuck.

Don't make a thread like this again. Ever.

Cool dude. I get where you're coming from alright. I'll make some changes to the OP. The main point still stands though. This is not a thread to highlight Linux exclusive titles or anything, it's just a place to discuss the state of gaming on Linux in general. Take /r/linux_gaming as an example.

Sweet, dude. How about you go back to fapping to the next AAA title that the Jews shove down your throat?

The fact that you would hold up any part of Reddit as an example, and not as something to condemn, is part of the problem.

Lurk more.

Sorry man I'll keep pumping these threads out until it's perfected. You could always, you know, just ignore the threads you don't like?

Try to look past the fact it's Reddit and focus on the topic of the sub instead.

Don't tell me what to do you gimp.

did this nigga really just call me a gimp

Fuck yeah man, I love my properly made games that run flawlessly unlike shit that appears on linux

>AAA games run flawlessly

Yeah good meme lad.

No

Cool.

Well sorry if you have like an amd FX CPU and some outdated 2000's graphics card. Literally works flawlessly on new hardware. Time to upgrade

Nah 1070 should be enough, no?
A good GPU & CPU combo wont fix buggy code.

List of SteamVR titles working on GNU/Linux.

steamcommunity.com/app/250820/discussions/5/133257959064016658/

Didn't even know this was a thing.