/shmupg/ - Shoot 'em Up General: Pre-Halloween Edition

Previous Thread: This general is for discussing all shmups/STG (shoot 'em ups/shooting games/shooting type games).
Need something to play? Check this shit out: mega.nz/#!mlwG3ZCJ!NMdWxNY4pjqc1vFGwzyPIbtGor0GHObcfENNMgOQW1s
Join us on Steam! steamcommunity.com/groups/shmupg

RECENT RELEASES:
>Raiden V (PS4 and Steam)
store.steampowered.com/app/570050/Raiden_V_Directors_Cut___V_Directors_Cut__V/
>Graze Counter
store.steampowered.com/app/629440/Graze_Counter/
>Sonic Wings 2/Aero Fighters 2
PS4, Xbox One, and Switch
>Castle of Shikigami (Steam)
store.steampowered.com/app/582980/Castle_of_Shikigami/
>Dangun Feveron M2 port (PS4)
Somewhere on PSN
>Ghost Blade HD
store.steampowered.com/app/577910/
>Touhou 16 ~ Hidden Star in Four Seasons
kourindou.exblog.jp/25711799/
>Super Hydorah
store.steampowered.com/app/628800/Super_Hydorah
>Pawarumi
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=812914421

UPCOMING RELEASES:
>Ketsui M2 port (PS4)
gematsu.com/2017/04/m2-announces-ketsui-m2-shottriggers-release-feveron-school
>Xydonia
indiedb.com/games/xydonia
>iMalice
amamoriya.gozaru.jp/imalice/
>Go Go Burunyanman Ecstasy!!! Steam-Edition
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660224194
>Sorcer Striker/Mahou Daisakusen (PS4)
gematsu.com/2017/08/sorcer-striker-m2-shottriggers-release-announced-ps4
>Garegga M2 post (XBO)
m2stg.com/en/battle-garegga/xboxone/
>Earth Defense Force 4.1 Wing Diver
gematsu.com/2017/09/earth-defense-force-4-1-wing-diver-shooter-shoot-em-announced-ps4
>Blue Revolver Black Label Announced
bluerevolvergame.com/1year/

OTHER LINKS:
/shmupg/ community YT channel:
youtube.com/channel/UCp2e9X5tR9BLdSlIGjzftDA

STG stream aggregator: stgrillz.appspot.com/

/shmupg/ high-score list:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K0DesawgMQiFNMv2MZxxwdjzBudCIMMb3BkjQJaHjxI/edit?usp=sharing

First for Samhain

How hard is the Touhou series compare to the other shmup games?

Speaking of which, should I get Trouble Witches Origin or WITCH-BOT MEGLILO if I want a halloween-esque shmup

this is example how to not fight this boss

How would you fight that safely? I guess because of your spread you should be up close for maximum damage but it looks dangerous as hell to do that

What is this game called? I played this game when I was a kid, never knew what it's called. Is it included in the mega link in the OP?

Sand Scorpion

I don't understand what the deal with point blanking is in Gunbird 2, at least with Tavia. Feels like it does LESS damage than being close to enemies but not right on top of them.

nice execution, would of been a nothing burger if it had a small hitbox like pleb cunt raiden snore.

>nice execution
lmfao low standards
sad!

Bahmpu~

you can stay on core and kill boss with turbo shot+bomb literally in two seconds, but boss always kills you even in your bomb area

Yuuka is bae

>mega link in the OP
no, shmupmame is garbage

Raiden 3 and 4 also have much more interesting bullet patterns, britcunt
Not this basic babby shit like in dadraiden

awww autist baby likes pretty patterns, grown man raiden doesn't need faggot kaleidoscope shit for spot dodge instead opting for actually realistic shooting from the craft weapons and requiring much more pro execution unlike that lenient tiny hitbox SHIT dumb cunts like you play.

>kaleidoscope
Just because it's not dadshit doesn't mean it has to be Touhou, retard. Your argument is completely retarded, especially since you also like Guwange which also has a tiny hitbox.

Finally a reply, I thought I need to give everyone a blowjob before getting my answer. Thanks user.

Where can I download the Sand Scorpion game? What games are in the OP mega link? Is it worth downloading?

I was memeing, it's Raiden which should be in the mega. If not just use emuparadise.

Can I still get the blowjob?

They were lying to you. It's Raiden. Don't play Sand Scorpion, it's a terrible game.

Now, about that blowjob...

1202 5550197
Thanks, call me and we'll figure something out.

>especially since you also like Guwange which also has a tiny hitbox.
>hurrr if u like one games style you must like all games the same

fucking idiot guwange is a completely different style of game to raiden and for cave it's actually pretty big. I don't want to hear you utter a fucking word until you play a classic raiden properly like a real shmup player, raiden snore is for baby faggot queers.

>guwange is a completely different style of game to raiden
Raiden 4 is also a completely different style of game to Touhou. The patterns are still raiden style but just more dense.

>The patterns are still raiden style but just more dense.
yeah so not raiden at all because the hitbox is fucking tiny killing the entire design and play style of the classics fucking donut, 4 is shit.

No fucking way. DDP DFK on steam, is there any way to fix the fucking C button binded to restart? Godammit that's annoying. Does this only works with xbox sticks or what?

what i am supposed to do here? fuck this bullshit game, i quit

kys faggot

So you think Strikers 1999 is also not a Strikers game anymore because the player hitbox is smaller and the patterns more dense?

You are one hell of a hipster.

Find a consistent way to not die, whether that's through bombs or routing.

git gud

bombs useless in this game

wtf? your brain is a fucking genetic mishap. Modern psikyo plays differently to classic psikyo but the change is less drastic than raiden to raiden snore which changes the entire principle of the games playstyle, the execution in 4 is LENIENT as fuck compared to 2/dx

Anyway how's the guwange going? if you beat me i'll come back to it and we can fight to the counter stop death.

Use them pre-emptively. Raiden is not DoDonPachi.

what shmup should i play if i'm bored of being a man and want to become a girl

>pre-emptively

Memotrash. Fuck this game.

That's a tough question. There's not many shmups that are good for speedrunning.

>the execution in 4 is LENIENT as fuck compared to 2/dx
Depends if you play for score or not. May be that survival is harder in old Raidens but in Raiden 4 scoring well is harder, because the systems are much deeper and also more fun.

>how's the guwange going?
The game is raping me as expected, but I won't give up. My score doesn't get better because I always drop chain at the end of stage 5 (either on the roofs or on the 2 bosses). I also haven't really practiced stage 6 (or 5b?) yet, because stage 4 and 5a are still giving me problems, so I always die at the endboss.

>but I won't give up.
good for you.

>My score doesn't get better because I always drop chain at the end of stage 5 (either on the roofs or on the 2 bosses).
The refining is what takes the time, it took me ages for example to regularly hit 3.5 mill after stage 2, i usually hit spidercat with 8.2 avg whilst the last shishin counterstop i saw is at 10+ going in.

>I don't want to hear you utter a fucking word until you play a classic raiden properly like a real shmup player
meanwhile cee is trash at all raidens
really makes you think doesn't it?

>meanwhile cee is trash at all raidens
>if he hasn't posted his recent scores online then they don't exist!

>i'm not shit i swear !!
>also i'll never post proof of this

3.5 mill after stage 2 is really not bad. I usually have 2.1 mill there only. That fucking spidercat is also already annoying me to death. I always die there even though I don't even try to milk it. It's pure hell.

Thanks for the good laugh.

the cat is the last thing to learn, how i did it was incremental ie 1/2 cycles of orbs then force into final form then moved up to doing 3 then 4 and finally 5 which is basically 90% of runs will end there. Prom did an easy 3 cycles and got 49 mill with a clean run, i did 4 on the 51 mill uploaded and 5 on my actual pb which is 54mill but yeah it's completely bullshit. The bomb strat i use from the 4th cycle on is also used by the recent shishin counterstopper.

stay mad homosex.

wtf i like poo revolver now, gonna buy it

>The bomb strat i use from the 4th cycle on is also used by the recent shishin counterstopper.
I have also seen near-counterstop players using all bombs there, but you still had 2 bombs left on your uploaded run.

Wait a day or two, halloween sale starts soon.

I'm sorry about stage 5.

that's the shishin player, he's the only guy i've ever seen do it and he countered a few months later also on youtube. It's impressive because what he loses in end game bonus he has to make up in the milk, he leaves the cat with 38 million whilst other counters leave with a few mill less. The most ridiculous is the gensuke cs, dude just goes full dodging for the whole thing.

There also is a shishin counterstop by yuru2525 where he also dodges the whole thing (7 cycles I think). It's amazing and looks really fun.

Pet the catspider. Love the catspider.

here we see her in her true. She's got dem shekels.

Her?

Well it's a cat. Not a cat (male).

Pretty sure it's a cat (spider).

Spider is female in german, so it's a spider to me, not a spider (male).

Male spiders get eaten anyway.

Jump!

Bahmpu~

raiden snore is raiden fighters right?

Because fighters totally rhymes with snore.

in reference to the effect it has on the player

Doot

raiden fighters more like raiden blighters for being a blight on the series
total shite compared to 4

Ever play a shmup that was too hard for you to handle? I think I've bit off way more than I can chew with my current game, but I've also put in a ton of time practicing it.
I don't know whether I should give up or if I should fall for the sunk cost meme and keep going.

All the time when starting out. Wat game?

The problem is that I'm not starting out. I've put 3 months into it, and I don't see 3 more months getting me much further.
>Wat game?
that's a SECRET

DOJ gave me that feel.

3 months you should be near WR level mate

Bump

Bahmpu~

It's not about how long you practice, it's about how hard you practice.

If you don't use save states for example, it takes a lot longer. You have to grind each stage individually to see good progress. You have to study other replays, you have to practice daily for at least 2 hours, play concentrated, be physically and mentally fit enough, etc.

I'm not convinced Stage 2 Hard is consistently beatable. Regardless, here's an insignificant, probably very fleeting WR.

game already beaten after few days?

Cleared Easy on my first try since it boots you into that after the tutorial. Normal clear came earlier tonight. Still working on Hard. The swarms before the gatekey in Xibalba are my current stumbling point.

For how long its taken, it's not terribly difficult overall. That may change when it comes off early access and the devs finish Stage 5.

snore rhymes with 4 you stupid dickhead.

raiden shite-ers

>and looks really fun.
believe me it isn't, it's fun until you realise how many weeks it can take to get a single good spider only to balls up later or get bad tlb rng, brutal game. Blue is so much more fun albeit with an easier spider but harder everything else and a similarly infuriating milk on 4 n 5 boss.

It depends on how good you are of course. I think for counterstop players it's not that big of a problem. These guys are so consistent, it's crazy.

Tomorrow on HEY stream channel for two weeks. There will be two test sessions, first week Arcade mode then following week Dual mode (not sure what this is)

completely wrong, it's a massive problem. they're not consistent at that because no one is as it can literally throw undodgeable garbage. The shishin guy got 98 million and didn't counter until something like 6 months more of play, they had guwange on the arcade stream once with a gensuke player, didn't get past the cat once in many many attempts. I know you want any excuse to suck jap dick but it's not the case here, also note not a single run ever gets past it without at least 1 hit and often 2 with them getting the game luck of a low damage hit.

Swys run for example gets more hit luck than i've ever seen ever at the tlb, he gets away with a ton of hits.

I'm not trying to suck any dick, retard, I just think players like you or me can't really judge about how difficult this really is for such players.
For you the patterns may seem undodgable, but they actually aren't. There are always ways to dodge through them, you just have to be very good.

I don't think it's luck how much damage you take. I think this just depends on the bullet type which hits you.
You act as if they are just better than you due to luck. Of course they also need luck, but they have twice as many points than you. They play in a different league than any of us.

kraut and chav bros now?

They always have been.

>I don't think it's luck how much damage you take. I think this just depends on the bullet type which hits you.
nope it's luck, stop trying to tell me about a game i know very well that you're still a beginner in. It MAY have something to do with proximity but damage is completely random with the same bullet types, sometimes you'll get 3 hits to a bar but mostly 2.

>You act as if they are just better than you due to luck.
Dude seriously you are so tiresome no one is talking about me or comparison, i'm telling you specifically about the counter stop runs and what is required and one thing that is required is grinding endlessly until catspider gives you not just workable spam but also REALLY good orb luck because that's completely random to. You need both flawless play and good luck to cs guwange.

>There are always ways to dodge through them
if this is true then even the top players suck because they all took 1-2+ years to cs the game and all had many many months between mega good 9x runs and the cs because they were waiting for the luck to bless a good run, that's cave high level in a nutshell, no idea why you're struggling to understand. We will never truly know who the best players are because of this, a 2nd place player theorhetically could have a far cleaner run but fall score short due to bullshit rng that's why shmups are a cancerous joke at wr level to the point you have to pity the guys who fall for it and give away countless years just waiting for the game to let them win essentially, that shit is DUMB.

I've always been capable of conversing with anyone whether i like them or not, i think he's a mentally ill unlikable dickhead objectively speaking and i wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire, i'll still give advice where poss though because i'm nice like that.

>tfw no shmup bro

why am i so fucking BAD

no talent

You underestimate the effort required to become good.
Also you should eat and sleep well.

You don't /sip/

Bump before bed, nite nite shumpsies

you lack autism

>shmups are a cancerous joke at wr level
It really depends on the game. There are also many good shmups with less significant rng or non at all.

No I still think cee is a jerk.

Bump

Bahmpu~