In a hypothetical year 2193 where the European Union has coalesced into a single superstate for many decades...

In a hypothetical year 2193 where the European Union has coalesced into a single superstate for many decades, what would be the most likely de facto federal language of such European Federation?

English? French? German?

All of them.

Arabic

Russian.

I reckon all of them would be official (along with other languages from former sovereign nations) and that these would be used on the estate level, but which one would likely be used the most by the central government? It's very unlikely that they would continue a multilingual model indefinitely due to how inefficient that would prove to be (i.e., having to translate every single memo exchanged within the house of government to god knows how many languages).

My personal guess is that English could be used as a "neutral" alternative to French and German by the central government, considering its global status, its spread in Europe and its close ties to both languages.

Most, if not all languages will have some official standing, but the language of mutual communication/government will be a toss-up between English and French.

If Brexit means Brexit then French for sure.

Would Germany really allow French to become the language of government when German-speaking regions are both more populated and represent a larger share of the GDP?

I know the de facto capital Brussels (which is unlikely to be moved due to the nice neutral position) is mostly French speaking though.

Why would they switch to French when English is still by far the most common second language in the EU?

French is simply more widely known, making it naturally better at mutual communication between languages.

English is obviously better at this, as a German and an Italian will use English as their medium to talk to each other more often than not, but French can fill the same role should England not participate in a European Federation.

Spanish or English.

I don't think it is necessary for the UK to remain in the EF for English to be used for government.

It may even help by being a neutral choice both France and Germany are equally unhappy with.

>Spanish
Explain thyself.

esperanto you stupids fucks

>still believing in this meme

A german-french hybrid. It literally cannot happen any other way.

Assuming Europe doesn't turn into a caliphate, English. Most continental Europeans already speak it fluently and it's already a lingua franca.

In Germany they will always proceed to talk to you in English when they notice you're a foreigner, even if you speak German and want to practice it with them. Only the French are butthurt about English because their language is a washed up lingua franca.

>Assuming Europe doesn't turn into a caliphate

>*tips sharia controlled zone

You best start believing it's English...ur speaking it

Yeah that 5%-10% of muslims living in different parts of Europe surely will rise up and make a caliphate.

>Europe
>unify
Dont worry as soon as you West European cucks cease to exist due to your multiculturalism nonsense you will see how splintered Europe can get.

Unity my ass, I cant wait for the day we slaughter you after all the centuries of calling us East Euros subhumans or barbarians.

Latin