/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #605

''Nerd alert'' Edition

Previous Thread: >Life is Strange: Before the Storm Episode 2 Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=hk9de3ljHnw

>Release Dates:
Episode 1 − ''Awake'' 31 August 2017 (Out Now)
Episode 2 − ''Brave New World'' 19 October 2017 (Out Now)
Episode 3 − ''Hell Is Empty'' (TBA)
Bonus Episode: Farewell − (TBA)

Life is Strange: Before the Storm features Chloe Price, a 16 year-old rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success. When Rachel’s world is turned upside down by a family secret, it takes their newfound alliance to give each other the strength to overcome their demons. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/554620
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/14053973
strawpoll.me/14053988
strawpoll.me/13834594
strawpoll.me/14047827

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6GJO_RpBnEg
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
youtube.com/watch?v=aVJSMaRcnW4
youtube.com/watch?v=_9UauaXTXUI
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
youtu.be/IBaaF9yhcO8
youtube.com/watch?v=7K0akU-Rdv8
youtube.com/watch?v=wtGfPHIXG3g
youtube.com/watch?v=jnnAGe5ucvo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Cutest girl in Arcadia Bay

Friendly reminder to say yes.

you accidentally posted the wrong pic, here I'll post the right one

youtube.com/watch?v=6GJO_RpBnEg

That's a strange picture of Max you got there.

Some quality fanart dropped

BAE > bay

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

youtube.com/watch?v=aVJSMaRcnW4

AmberPrice songs. Now.

:^)
youtube.com/watch?v=_9UauaXTXUI

Whoops, you must've misclicked

Max is #1

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>So, once again we got the fact that our ending always will be BAE>Bay

These are the only info(s)&leaks about script I could gathered;

Rachel will be the influence that Chloe dyes her hair to the blue. They will do it when Rachel visited Chloe's home/room

Cringy guy's confrontation will most likely happen at junkyard or blackwell while hanging with Rachel. Remember depending your choices you could led him on (like saying no ;at start and intending to go play or not in ep2) then ditching him and forgot all about it. in ep1 you also could simply say maybe to his invitation and reply his hanging out after tempest with uncertain things responses or with maybe, or lie; you are gonna ditch the show or with truth ;that you will hang out with Rachel etc. Choices are there because these will also trigger his anger and change some dialogues

That ep3 teaser, latter scene, which was involved with Rachel's having trouble and Damon's threatening her (also about Drew and Mikey situation) after phone conversation;Chloe's concern about it. Earlier confrontation scene(cringy eliot) I am talking about first confrontation scene;which they may be change things and it may happen in blackwell either. But it will happen just right the time when Rachel and Chloe together.

Advice scene with Steph (and cute jealousy moment) is really coming this time btw

Repost from > For a game that says your choice will have consequences, the ending was basically just ME 3, minus one choice
To me that U-turn on the fan expectations and marketing promises, even if unintentional and/or dictated by time and money, is a major point of the LiS experience and legacy.
Choices do matter, but there are times when despite all your efforts (and time powers) you have no control over what happens in your life.
inb4 "b-but bay ending erase everything!"
not from Max's mind

I get what you want to say, that's why I only asked about the endings, to me people have been throwing too much shit ONLY at "muh binary choice" without thinking at what that truly means in the overall pictures as I described above.

Chaos theory is when a very small action has a big impact.
So yes, Max influencing something smaller like saving a life has a bigger impact on a larger scale. Like whales dying and the storm.
If she warned the whole city about the tornado, it would definitely cause way bigger chaos. So that option wouldn't work either, for people who say that it was possible she could just warn the city and save Chloe too.

>not from Max's mind
Ya for maybe 2 days before she hung herself

Who is cringy guy?

my canon ending desu
after the one where she didn't tear the photo with chloe the day william died, sacrifice chloe in ep5, go back to alternative timeline,
kills chloe and then herself

max is ugly and boring
chloe is a dumb loser
They are the 2 shittiest people in blackwell

post cool kids

flap-eared Eliot

>Choices do matter, but there are times when despite all your efforts (and time powers) you have no control over what happens in your life.
If you're referring to how we have no control over what developers do, I really didn't need Dontnod to remind me.
If you're referring to how Max had no control over what happened in her life, she did. She just chose not to try to do anything differently because something something the nightmare sequence, I guess.

>Chaos theory is when a very small action has a big impact.
No. The chaos theory is about how very small changes in inputs can lead to vastly different outputs. Keyword being "can".

>So yes, Max influencing something smaller like saving a life has a bigger impact on a larger scale.
Okay, I'm with you so far.

>If she warned the whole city about the tornado, it would definitely cause way bigger chaos.
And you blew it. Chaos is not "you do X, Y happens 100% of the time". Tornado in LiS happens no matter how many times you change your initial input, so it's not about "small changes causing big impacts", it's about "any amount or scale of changes leading to one specific outcome".

Were you talking about me?

your dad

wowser__

>max
>ugly and boring
>chloe
>dumb loser
trannies' opinions don't count

>victoria is in this thread right now

is there a save editor to import before the storm choices to ep2?
I formatted my computer and forgot to backup

As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

Rachel would set you on fire for saying this about her bae

If free cam user is here, can he stream this kiss with (debug) free cam mode?

This. Bay ending, for me, means basically one actual death and one spiritual death (even if Max doesn't off herself). Shit like what Max did, just standing by why and watch a loved one get killed while you can perfectly well stop it breaks people. In a way, all of Max's personal growth would work against her there - it was nearly all for Chloe.

>No. The chaos theory is about how very small changes in inputs can lead to vastly different outputs. Keyword being "can".
That's exactly what I said?
Also, it is not simply "can". The game has repeatedly shown how the more Max was using her powers, the worse where the consequences.
When she went back to save William, which was something pretty major we could see how whales started dying. Before William it were only birds(smaller scale). So the bigger the change she made, the bigger the impact.
If she saved the whole town without any consequence like Chloe dying, there is no way there wouldn't be any impact.

>Tornado in LiS happens no matter how many times you change your initial input

No. When Chloe dies in the end, the tornado stops. Which definitely shows that saving Chloe so many times was connected to it.
The way I see it, Chloe's fate wasn't good right from the beginning.
Because when her father didn't die, instead of her having a non miserable life, she got into an accident.

>I legitimately don't want to touch LIS with a rented dick after hearing about its stupid AP philosophy determinist ending.
Great fucking job, fags. This newfag actually took your "LiS is shit" bullshit seriously. Hear me, friendo, don't listen to those idiots. You'd be doing yourself an enormous disservice by depriving yourself of the beauty, the art that is LiS.

>Chloe is a dumb loser

Holy fuck the endings aren't even THAT bad. They make sense in the context of ep5 and might feel like a bit of the letdown, but it's not like its another Mass Effect 3.

>when you've been dtf since day 1 but she just won't get the clue

>No. When Chloe dies in the end, the tornado stops. Which definitely shows that saving Chloe so many times was connected to it.
It happened after one saving
It arguably was going to happen before it even happened based on the opening dream

Reminder to ignore this retard.

Leaks when btw?

worst outfit desu
Jock Chloe best Chloe

Dunno, I liked it, though beanie looked weird inside Amber house

>That's exactly what I said?
You forgot the word "can".

>Also, it is not simply "can".
It is.

>The game
is not a reliable source of information on an actually existing scientific theory.

>the more Max was using her powers, the worse where the consequences.
Not true. There is no difference in a playthrough where you only use your powers to move the plot forward and in a playthrough where you smash that right mouse button like you would a drunken teenage girl at a party.

>When she went back to save William, which was something pretty major we could see how whales started dying. Before William it were only birds(smaller scale).
Animals were dying all over Arcadia Bay before Max even discovered photo jumping. Hell, it's been implied that they were dying even before the game happened at all.
>Cue_E3_6B_DinerPark_CHFisherman_Phase01_Fisherman02_015="Well, since you mentioned it first... There ain't no fish in Arcadia Bay!"
>Cue_E3_6B_DinerPark_CHFisherman_Phase01_Fisherman02_017="None worth catching and eating anymore... I'm not shitting you. Salmon, trout, bass have died and migrated. Even the damn clams are dying..."

>When Chloe dies in the end, the tornado stops.
It doesn't stop when Chloe get shot by Jefferson. It doesn't start when you save William. So it's not something that happens when you save a life, it's something that is specifically tied to a girl getting shot in a school bathroom at a specific date. Which has nothing to do with chaos theory.

youtu.be/IBaaF9yhcO8

>Max sees vision before she found out she can rewind the game
>when we saved william storm comes after 5 years while it had already hit the town before 5 years. Chloe's accident happens on her 16th birthday and she still survived even she was paralyzed
>when Jeffershit killed Chloe, storm was still coming
>Max's vision insistingly says storm will be coming on friday
>on friday, storm also stops after some time without killing Chloe in bae ending
Here is your answer,cancer.

Chloe in a beanie is perfection.

>hey thats rachels shirt
>wash it before you bring it back
>:)
ha-ha, these fucking people

That's a legitimate concern when you're talking to someone who doesn't shower regularly and hangs out at the junkyard.

>endings aren't even THAT bad
Well, Bay one was shit.

Even Bae was shit
I find it hard to believe they'd drive out without looking for some sign of survivors, even if there was logically no chance

>logically
>tornado
M8. Regular tornadoes suck balls at killing people.

For varying values of shit.
They certainly could've been better.

Who gives a shit about Arcadia Bay? They have each other.

>
how do you know this? (like how only this much and these specific scenes in particular)

Agreed but I find it hard to believe Max could live with the guilt of not at least trying to find Joyce and Warren
And Chloe, no matter what, would want to find Joyce too

>They certainly could've been better.
Well, we have what we got. And of those that we have, one is inconsistent, OOC meme ending, and the other is Bae. a man can dream tho, a man can dream

youtube.com/watch?v=7K0akU-Rdv8
If Chloe ever manages to enjoy country again, at least.

he sucks some poor betatester's dick for info sometimes

sure but its an odd comment. Through the entire scene they are all "oh we are so glad to have you here" then she drops that line.
Maybe its just me getting flashbacks to a similiar situation. Rich fuckers always pretending to be nice then droppin something that gives them away...

Reminder that this scene is one of the most beautiful in the series

youtube.com/watch?v=wtGfPHIXG3g

Can a marker last that much?

Probably my absolute favorite in all of LiS1. I can totally see Chloe waking up a bit early and just watching Max, hiding her embarrassment by photobombing a selfie... that kiss dare did not come from nowhere.

No.

Chloe's superpower is having an infinite marker that can draw on any surface.

Especially after the pool scene, which I believe is where they both fully realized their feelings for each other went beyond friendship

youtube.com/watch?v=jnnAGe5ucvo

>why look, an otter in why water
:3
If only facial animations were better in this game...

>the lip sync
AAAAAAH, SAVE ME ZAK

Thats sounds like a shitty power but at least it wont summon a killer tornado

There was this one comic I really should've saved, showing what Chloe was thinking just before that... "just stay cool, just stay cool".

Chloe's superpower is making cute girls fall in love with her.

>implying
Chloe's bathroom drawings are the true source of the tornado.

She's hella strong then

this
is a puppy

Babes

Fuck dude why does everything I touch die, holy fuck

Keep your eyes on the prize, Max, everything else is immaterial.

Yup. It's like the final climax of calm and comfy (if that makes sense) where anything is possible, and Rachel could be just out of reach. Once you get up and discover the stuff in Frank's RV, it's all downhill.

Holy fuck that look
someone needs to make gifs of that scene, STAT

>gifs
My child, I shall grant you one better

But user that's the kiss Ive already seen a good 5 thousand of times.
Ive only just now saw that tattoo scene.

>someone shits on LIS and BTS
>point out +93% steam reviews of them both
>"reviews don't mean shit"

>someone eles's opinion matters
C'mon user, as long as you enjoy who cares?

Who gives a shit about the tattoo and bracelet scenes. They're non-choices

>and BTS
When?

Oh I didn't even know there are other options besides kiss, fastest time I've made a choice haha

they are still cute tho

The bracelet is more personal than a kiss.

i keep coming back here every couple weeks, have ep 3 locations been leaked yet?