byond.com/download/build/LATEST/

>Pomf Serbian, main Veeky Forumsstation server
byond://game.ss13.moe:7777

>Test server
byond://ss13.moe:1337

>Public server list
byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13

>How do I connect to the servers?
Hit the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the BYOND hub and pick "Open Location"

>Veeky Forumsstation forum and logs + Discord circlejerk
ss13.moe/forum/
game.ss13.moe/logs
discord.gg/HQA4Mhm

>Map renders collection: updated sometimes
game.ss13.moe/minimaps/images/maps/

>Coderbus, here!
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13
@rizon #coderbus @rizon #vgstation
discord.gg/nfmjc56

>Cryo Autism
pastebin.com/raw/YmAyagUa

>Round Stats
stats.ss13.moe/

>SS13 booru for all your SS13 images!
ss13.booru.org/

>How To Install BYOND: The Video Tutorial: The Movie
youtube.com/watch?v=-iWiZwv9f1o

>Nostalgia
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ss13g/
ss13.moe/index.php/bans

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/raw/z7czw5WQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mos6581.com/ss13/
youtube.com/watch?v=-lfiTebewnc
youtu.be/ud6LiVJkwyA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

SS13 in general lacks a lot of what I think a good game needs for roleplaying, the rounds are too short and they're all standalone, a character can't develop, a player can't get too invested because they know in 3 hours it'll be completely reset. You see this in how people play, nobody sacrifices anything, there's no compromise. All or nothing, all the time.

>Get caught?
Suicide succumb, tab out and play again in an hour
>Trapped in a dangerous place?
Try and escape alone, even if the odds are less than 1 in a 100, never even consider calling for help.
>In the bar
Don't talk to anyone else, why does it matter who the other characters are, the round will reset in 2 hours so talking to them about anything other than getting the valids is a waste of time.

Sad. I'd say the setting of ss13 is good but it really isn't, it's incredibly soft science fiction with bland factions and no depth. We know next to nothing about centcomm except you work for them, the syndicate are bad guys who blow up stations and steal things, wizards have a federation and harass centcomm for some reason and vampires enjoy living on space stations despite sunlight cooking them to ash.

Nothing makes sense, the rounds are too fast, there's no consequence to actions, nothing matters. The admins care more about forcing another round than telling a compelling story, the community has collective ADD and can't slow down.
Bay goes in the opposite direction sadly, too much sitting around. The gameplay isn't interesting enough to it's only roleplaying, there needs to be a game. There needs to be a fun job to be performed, there needs to be an antagonist to drive a story and create tense situations. A gutted and hug box station doesn't provide any interesting things for a player to explore there character.

SS13 lacks what a lot of pen and paper/tabletop roleplaying games have and thrive in. You spend maybe an hour making your character, you play them for hours, slowly watching them become more experienced and interacting with the setting. You begin with their background and naturally see how they act through their early adventures. As things get more dangerous your character ends up forced into bad situations, a fight too hard, a choice between fighting to the end or retreating and leaving their dying comrades behind. Something that really defines your character in a moment of weakness, something you as a player really are invested in because you've put so much time into this character and story that you want both a good story but something that is fitting and satisfying.

SS13 does not have this moment, there is no fear of death, no fear of loss. The revolving round and lack of permadeath means a character is never truly threatened, the player knows they will be back to normal in a few hours, as if this round never happened. Even to play like there is a consequence doesn't provide the right feeling because the rest of the server doesn't, the game mechanics don't support it.

One of my favorite moments from a tabletop game was in the middle of a combat that was particularly hard, the party was wounded, out of spells, out of their good consumables and on their last legs. The party barbarian made a deal with a demon to save himself and the party, if he had not done this he would've died, due to how the game mechanics worked as he'd lose enough hit points to instantly die. It was fun to watch the fight unfold with every player rejecting the demon's tempting offer, until at the most dire moment one accepted where the others still refused.

To reiterate my point again, space station 13 lacks consequences, it lacks consistancy. The revolving door of a round means no actions matter, leading to a community of players that attempt to do everything alone, failure means at worst an inability to play for a few hours. To ask for help is a waste of time. A character can't develop because the cardboard cut outs reset every round, nothing matters and nothing tests their morals.
Bay goes too far in an attempt to encourage roleplaying, it removes these tense moments because the players feed admin repercussion for not acting in a certain way.

In short, no server allows for good roleplay, the game itself is fundamentally anti-roleplaying. Not by creation, the game just does not fit a narrative format where roleplaying is best. Not for trying, many people on Veeky Forums have good characters and do good interaction, but the players can't force roleplaying. There needs to be a balance of community and mechanics, the mechanics just need a full overhaul.

What an immature, self-destructive, antiquated mischief is man! How obscure and gross his prancing and chattering on his little stage of evolution! How loathsome and beyond words boring all the thoughts and self-approval of his biological by-product! this half-formed, ill-conditioned body! this erratic, maladjusted mechanism of his soul: on one side the harmonious instincts and balanced responses of the animal, on the other the inflexible purpose of the engine, and between them man, equally alien from the being of Nature and the doing of the machine, the vile becoming!

Something changed. Somewhere along the line you stopped accelerating.

mos6581.com/ss13/

I've started fucking around with webGL, will make the repo public as soon as I have a server written and actual player interactions in place.

Just go on vore you pleb

>arrested for having a body bag with a borg form as roboticist
>arrested for dragging a bleeding person away form maint as paramedic
>fired for harmbatoning a vampire
>warden lets someone that attacked two officers go scot free
>sec officer keeps trying to operate on someone they dragged to me and shoving me away as a doctor
i make it a point to fuck over sec as hard as possible every shift now
on a related note fuck paradise station

>bird monolouges decision making process on whether or not to rescue captain during cult
(Follow) Tayachiya says, "If universe destroyed it kinda bad for Taya too.."

fucking lmao

>tfw I left all my kids back at the station aside from Mick
I'm sorry...

most traders are chaotic good, but the best ones are True Neutral

>go on vore
>no one will eat me
wtf?

goodbye vg

at which point during a cult round can i suicide as sec

Everyone on vore wants to be eaten not do the eating.
Similar to how 90% of the people on smut sites want to be fucked not do the fucking.

go to medbay and ask them to install advanced lungs
you are now antag
problem solved

>want a comfy captain round of hanging out, doing fun shit and having fun interactions with the crew
>"Botanist is a cultist"
>Immediately try to think of a reason to suicide/succumb

God I hope this cult rework goes well because at the moment cult is an absolute shit gamemode. It forces sec to immediately go full powergame mode, but it's the only way to stop them. Anything less and they will reach Nar-Sie within five minutes.

Vox are objetively ugly

That's just a green human with a bird face

How do you feel about TGfugee saboteurs, Veeky Forums?

If you had proposed a mass suicide in front of the bridge I don't think anyone would have not gone for it
Admins, would this get the cap in trouble?

Why not make something people would actually appreciate, like robo-ears that can listen to Jukebox or Sound System without needing to be in the room.

its a starbound bird dumbass

How long does a mommi have to wait before fixing a breach caused by an antag?

>Wonder what the clown has been listening to all shift
>Put his ears on after sawing them off
> youtube.com/watch?v=-lfiTebewnc

i can't even handle kitty ears because im a sperg
you are shit and your fetish is shit

It's a green human with a bird face

The correct way to play mommi involves never considering that anything was caused by anything other than random events.
You fix a meteor hole, you fix a bomb hole.

I mean honestly I'd be kind of okay with cat ears if we had to saw them off a catbeasted player, but that's the only way I would want any player to get cat ear headgear.

>WAAH THIS IS THE LAST THREAD EVER I'M NEVER COMING BACK
>posts his dumbass copypasta the same next thread

Fix it immediately. Ive seen mommis repair perma as soon as someone was breaking out. Whos gonna stop you?

Best to wait until they leave the area, as much fun as I've had fixing things within view of nuke ops.

@193542768
>eve and FFXIV player
back to your containment discord

youtu.be/ud6LiVJkwyA
Post spess songs

user you really don't want to open up that door for me to post years old XIV screenshots here. Just ignore it.

literally what the fuck are you talking about loser

Hello sawbones! How was your day?

literally what the fuck are you talking about loser x2

Now kiss!

Mwah! *kisses you both on the lips*

how the fuck am I going to kiss them if you keep kissing me first jesus

>wanting to kiss them
Ha gay

Thank you for blowing the borgs Bawka

The nice thing is he blew all the borgs and then someone just made a fourth one without bothering to check why they were blown. So it still had a loyal borg.

we need less stupid meme robot rounds and more fun shit like vampires

>clown wants to be freed from perma
>break into vox outpost for disguise and jetpack
>clown is probably not in perma when I get there
>get sidetracked by AI being obvious about being evil

I just wanted to #freeclown

Lenny asked me to try getting a unslaved borg

Also I was freaked when I saw the third borg, but I guess it wasn't an autoborg rush

The best part is that the clown wasn't even in perma
He was in a cell with a 5 minute timer

I was one of the original borgs. We simply spawned in like that. I think it made everyone suspecious from the start. Maybe an attempt to placate the guy whining about round start cyborgs earlier, although his complaint was being unable to inhabit empty borgs that were never taken, not their being too few
What I don't get is how exactly we won. We spent so long sitting on our asses doing nothing everything needed to stop us was already made, we got blown and then the AI just went ''lol self-destruct'' and won. Can AI really just do that or did I miss something? Seems pointless doing anything if AI can just win like that.

>did I miss something
Yeah, it was a human victory. No boom.

Ah I thought it said the AI and one Cyborg won in the end. That's good. Must have been ''survived'' not ''won''.

The AI can win without popping nouk, you know.

That's true but it's beside the point.

Why can't you late join as mommi?

AI died, a borg was made and in the process of being unslaved to go kill the AI when the round end screen popped up

You can as a derelict MoMMI. Otherwise, the same reason you can't join late as a borg, because noone built one.

It's the price of having the most powerful MoMMI/drones that can't be shut down remotely.
Or more like nobody's coded the late join job controller to work with silicons.

>2561
>walk into bar
>battle of lil slugger starts playing

this has nothing to do with spessmans on a spess station
stop

There is no higher value than wanting newfags to leave

>tfw no supportive poem waifu who goes into maintenance whenever you get her excited

kill all amine posters
husbando posting is the true american pastime

>Being a FAGGOT

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODS

Which newfags?

>he thinks anime guro is gross
>he thinks it will make people leave
lol. its too cartooney to be gross.

>5 people at once start playing instruments on the shuttle
>The atmos tech is playing Through the fire and flames on a fucking glockenspiel
>Miner playing third impact on a xylophone
>All sounds start breaking apart
>Even the smelelele is delayed by a few seconds

Thanks byond

>Loli sex makes people sperg out
>Loli guro doesn't
Really mushes your brains.

>Electrocute all the doors at end of shuttle during valid time
>Admin spawns in super Jukeboxes blocking them all anyways
Foiled again

>mods delete my one line shitpost in minutes
>leave this up
hmmmmmm

>TG refugees in the coding Discord talking about how much code they're going to rewrite and how they're going to add roundstart cat ear organs
Why the fuck don't we have the panic bunker up?

Anime anything is too cartooney to take seriously. Its literally chinese cartoons.

>we need more extended

Yes :)

Extended>Malf
Malf is about as exciting for Security as going to the dry cleaners

At least on Extended I can battle Greytide

>be sec officer
>make off hand comment that I would kill Hitler if I got the chance
>Hitler actually shows up
>arrest him and spend the rest of the round annoying him with my judaism in the brig

10/10

The hardest glockenspiel known to man

>roll for AI, didn't realize I hadn't saved captain to off
>spawn is as captain
>shid
>take a while to write out a nice announcement
>squidmoko spawns like 50 cyborg action figures in my office because "BULLY VALK"
>spend 10 minutes playing with mecha figures on the table on my own
>hear a traitor was caught
>go up to brig to interrogate and have a conversation
>ask just what makes man turn to the syndicate
>their answer can basically be summarized with the song pumped up kicks
>fuck it, take their PDA, change their ID to assistant, give them a sentence and then let them free because their only crime was being a traitor
>go back to office
>WELCOME TO THE SYNDICATE
>oh
>space clown corpse before it could be cloned because fuck clowns
>hear about virology crisis
>visit viro and offer to help
>shitterpen her and space her
>geneticist screaming for help in surgery because his limbs fell off
>go in and reassure him I can help, get him to sleep
>decapitate
>walk out, eating his meat
>"Where's the geneticist?" asks the miner
>"Gave him a cat leg and he scampered off" I reply, eating the other slab of geneticist meat
>"Oh okay"
>tell them to make their way to the shuttle and let me deal with the other patient
>"Oh thanks cap, appreciate it!"
>eat their brain
>chill in shuttle cockpit
>meet the traitor from earlier in a mecha
>talk a little
>gun it down and baton them to death
>survived
Good round.

guess you didn't actually kill hitler, did you?

As someone who worked at a dry cleaners I'm offended as I always tried to make the errand as enjoyable and exciting as I could for the customers

Besides being an Enemy of the Corporation, Ben was guilty of Breaking and Entry Into a Restricted Area, (Emagging into the Secpoint), Theft (Emagging and stealing the Seclocker), and Assault on an Officer (Trying to Tase the Detective with the Seclocker taser with hostile intent.) The last one is especially relevant, as if the Detective had a lethal firearm, he would've had authorization to kill Ben in retaliation, as he had identified Ben as being the Emagger. I listed these crimes to you when you asked, so when you overruled me, I just figured you were a Traitor and waited for you to go loud.
-T. HoS

I wasn't actually an antag at that point, I just wanted to give the guy a second chance. Far too many people jump on the very first opportunity to get someone killed on this server, so I figured we should give the guy a second chance with his traitor gear taken away, and from what I saw he was a good enough egg to not get himself arrested again after being released.

>>fuck it, take their PDA, change their ID to assistant, give them a sentence and then let them free because their only crime was being a traitor
What a terrible captain. I know for a fact he did more than this. Job ban when?

why the fuck would you let him go without even any implants you shitter

Well I know they did other stuff, it's just that they didn't do anything extreme. They assaulted an officer, that's as bad as it got, which compared to bombings and plasmafloods is really very little.

I left the HoS to handle the rest of the procedure, I wasn't going to micromanage his entire organization.

>Reprobates

Pomf knows whats up
I tried going to church for mass last christmas, it sucked.

No one is forcing you to stay.

That lowpop round last night
>Join 10 min late as QM
>Order some basic shit, only 5 people on the station
>Robotics promises to hook me up but never gets back to me
>Power keeps going out
>Just as in gearing up to wire the solars the mechanic restores power
>Decide to renovate the ghetto bar while Miner bro does his thing
>Drone almost kills me
>Janiborg saves me
>Chemist is only medbay staff, fixes me up
>Someone poisoned the chef's food
>Finish making my medbay themed bar
>Carp bust open the windows and almost kill the HoS as we're putting the first drink
>As in repairing the damage my legs stop working
>Medbay discovers virus
>I'm stuck in a wheelchair
>Minerbro comforts me and helps me rebuild
>Suddenly someone in medbay explodes
>Fucking gibbingtons
>I go to the bar and drink gin with the clown
>Suddenly I can walk for some reason
>Drink clown calls the wheelchair "Steve"
>Rides off into maintenance yelling "onwards, Steve!!"
>I had to log off and go to sleep at this point
Man that round was just getting good. What happened after? Did the virus get cured? Who were the antags?

I'm sure you know this, but it's impossible to rehabilitate Traitors. They're free to Roleplay rehabilitation if they want, but it's entirely optional and never reliable. The reason why I never do this is because if I release/parole a Traitor who didn't hurt anyone, I am 100% responsible for any harm that Traitor does while released. So it would be irresponsible of me to do that as a member of Security or Command.

A taser in the hands of a Traitor should be assumed to be used with hostile intent. In addition, what do we think Ben was going to do with the Seclocker that he had emagged open? Unlike stealing a (mostly) roleplay item like a rubber stamp, the items in a sec locker are potent for abducting others and evading Security, which is exactly what Ben attempted to do when approached by the Detective.

>Losing your eternal soul because you don't like Mass
Shit man how do you fuck up that bad

>inb4 but god isn't real
Eucharist Miracles
Shroud of I forgot the whole name
Incorruptible bodies of the saints

God doesn't care

I think xenos should be true neutral, they're just animals with a parasitic life cycle

and maybe mechanics should go in chaotic?
they're the first to print emags for the crew if they roll traitor

Can't be worse than hell, can it?

Oh I was that Clown. I adopted a Farwa also called Steve and a borg tried to kill it out of sheer boredom so I took over your bar. Like 2 mins into laying around in your bar a drone busted it down. Shortly after that I killed myself because someone stole Steve and the drone killed Steve and I think two terminators were admin bussed in to have a fight and then blue space killed us all? Something like that. Was a fun round.
The ghetto bar was an absolute death trap that entire round.