ELEX Thread

Exploration edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ahX8BbTUWhQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Never go full meta

So, is CRONY the best companion?
youtube.com/watch?v=ahX8BbTUWhQ

I think that these threads gets made by the same group of 5-10 die hard fanboys who are in their 30s

OK, we get it. The game came out. You can stop advertising it here very waking minute now.

No, it's not "jank" - it's shit.
>b-but you didn't play it
Oh but I did. I experience this "janky" combat alright. It's shit and I refunded it faster than the speed of light. One does not need to play it to be able to discern this as what it is. True, unadulterated shit. If my dog poops in the hallway I don't have to taste this mess to know it's shit. Get my drift? It's obvious.

>it's comfy
Die please. Le comfy meme. What next?

>it's made by 30 people
That's no excuse. Undertale and Hollow Knight were made by 1 person each. They're among the best games of the decade. If you're not up to the task, choose a smaller scale. You cannot create a Skyrim with only 30 people, please just don't try anyways, the result will be a hilarious mess, see Elex.

This leaves us with 5 anons who justify their purchase by spamming these threads as nauseum and the /v/ hive mind jumps onto the bandwagon in order to troll. Trolls trolling trolls about how this game is so "jankingly lovely".

Stop, you're embarrassing yourselves.

post yfw Elex 2 is already funded and in development

bruh, come on :/

How the fuck do I play Gothic 2?
The mouse sensitivity is killing me, it's like playing Tomb Raider.

>not liking janky slavic AA games

Do you hate video games?

>mouse
there's your problem

Reminder this game has respawning enemies that scale with your level just like modern Bethesda games

>German
>slavic
this triggers me

Pretty sure you can do ini edits that not only fix the mouse, but allow you to bind consumables to hotkeys and improve the view distance. It's been years since I played it last, but you can fix most of the gripes about the game.

I wasn't sure where it Europe it came from, sorry m8. I just really like AA stuff from Yuropoors. It often lacks polish but is full of character and the little things that get lost in AAA BLOCKBUSTER OF THE YEAR vidya.

That's why i oneshot biters with my sword?

What's the most easiest configuration then?
I really feel helpless playing without mouse control, I can't even play games with a controller.

I haven't even met Nasty in my playthrough yet but something about her really get my juices flowing

it's probably her name indicating she's into some kinky stuff. but maybe it's just because I haven't fapped all day

keyboard only

Hollow knight has a team of about 5 people.

Enemies dont scale. You just get a Troll instead of overgrown chicken at lvl 25+

AY AY AY!
DIS GAME IS MUCHO CARRAMBA!

>be running away from mutant bug while getting chased by pack of raptors
>jump on building
>various balls of gunk and toxin are already being hurled in my direction as my feet haven't even touched the roof
>drop down opposite site
>some NPC automatically starts conversation mid fall
>"At last we meet again"
>goes full exposition mode while companion and literal dozens of monsters slaughter each other in battle royal in the background
>die as soon as dialogue ends
i even found an elex potion.

>poland game is better than the germanigs

Why is this allowed

I actually enjoy this fat mexican's reviews. Think he's gonna play this niche eurojank?

I wouldn't even be mad, this is exactly the kind of stuff that I love about this janky game, this is what makes them special in my book

Watch his Risen 3 video. Mexicans and jank don't mix.

wtf is up with the combat? often i feel like enemies' weapon range is bs and they hit me when im 3/4 done with the roll and their swing visibly didnt reach me

He played the Risen games, he started with 1 on console and it went downhill fast.

>where is my waypoint at?
>why is this difficult?
>OMG WHY ARE YOU PUNISHING ME FOR WANTING TO PLAY YOUR GAME
>skit of Beaner McFat dressed up like a slavic warrior getting pelted by bits of rubber poo from off screen as he tries to play the game

Risen 3 IS shit tho. not as shit as 2, but still shit

What's the loli situation in this game?

Witcher and Elex aren`t even comparable, they`re so different.

poland game is literally state funded (nice to see EU gibmedats are put to good use) with hundreds of employees while germanig game is made by about 50 autists in their basement.

there's no lolis. And no, you cannot mod them in yet

dumb pedo poster

He just finished playing through the South Park game, which he liked a lot. He might just start going through it, but I'm not sure about a full review.
He only did an edited playthrough of Risen 3 too. He might just stick to that after an hour of gameplay. He's a major pleb.

0 child characters, kys animefag

wrong

is this game any good? Has like a 70% on steam dunno if i should buy or not

have you enjoyed piranha byte games in the past?
if so, then yes.
otherwise, hard no.

what the fuck

it had 76% last week. take that as a warning. it's absolutely ok and actually fun if you get into it

nope

>wanting kids modeled after Bjorn`s wife

Absolute plebs bought the game expecting fallout 4.5 and were disappointed when they got an RPG instead.

he had a meltdown over a sidequest requiring you to sweep the floors of that castle.
he complained that he wanted to do only epic crazy shit all the time.
like immersion is not important or something.

Twitch sells games?

>Game has no loli
How do I blacklist a game?

Depends on what you like really. For me, it's a personal GOTY, and I can barely run it on my toaster. But you might not click as well with it, so maybe pirate it first?

just post your social security here and i'll take care of that for you.

>inb4 you can buy Elex for 9$ on twitch and sell it for 10$

Better question, what's the bonus situation?

>can barely run it on my toaster
it runs just fine on my 3 year old laptop and i am not even exaggerating.

No problem. It's encoded in this lolipost. Better zoom in to see it

That's cool and all, but my machine is about 10 years old.

That`s pretty impressive, it must have been alright back then.

delete this right now

Started playing it, same as Gothic experience was for me, i have no idea where am i or what to do, movement is meh but fun game regardless

Got me in the mood to play Gothic 4 again

Why would you do that to yourself

It wasn't the best of the best back then, but pretty good yeah. I still have to play Elex on a lower resolution than my screen to get decent framerates. But I was stil surprised I got to run it honestly, and the downscaled resolution just adds to the extra jank experience I love.

bring back /l/ first

weak bait

>Gothic 4
wtf there is no Gothic 4 user

Nostalgia, I liked 4 a lot back then but got stuck

Is this a meme

I'm running put of side quests to lvl up and I won't reach lvl 25 for the faction armor, does the main quest give good xp?
Also for those who beat the game, did you get enough money to get the 30k armor set, upgrade Origin and have enough to upgrade your skills and weapons without the use of exploits

I actually like the Outlaws, fight me nerds.

You don`t need to use exploits when you have animal trophies, pickpocket and steal everything like a kleptomaniac..

>the PS4 version doesn't overwrite the quicksaves and autosaves
1. I have to write down important save times now.
2. If the 100 saves bug is on PS4 too I'm melting my disc down in a pot. I've patched before start, it better not fucking be a thing.

The main quest gives pretty good exp yeah, got me from lvl25 to lvl30 now. If that doesn't work, go kill some big guys, it's like doing constant quests.
Haven't beaten it completely yet, but I'm nearly there I feel. Upgrading Origin isn't really that much, 3k vor vendor and a bench, 3k if you want some cozy room I guess. That's about it though. You should have enough for that, especially if you have pickpocket and/or trophy hunter skills.

I'm still a lvl 2 character but I've explored nearly half of the map. I've found three amulets, two bows, several pieces of armor, and tons of elex. Exploring is my favorite thing about games like this.

>Undertale and Hollow Knight were made by 1 person each.
Are those 3d open world games? How's the 3d characters modelisation? And the textures? It also funny how you avoid comparing this game to other rpgs
You're pitiful, fuck off mate

Degenerate

It's a pasta that fans use now, this guy isn't a hater

How are the albs even a threat? They have limited numbers and the clerics match them in all their tech. Really they're just clerics with less people.

I got owned then, how could you do this to me /v...

And Elex superpowers, and no emotions.

>Undertale and Hollow Knight
>made for children
>Comparing those games to ELEX
>made for 5-10 men in their 30's

B-but muh nazi paralell...

Since we are in vg, will we have a PB general now?

please no

/ejg/ for eurojank general?

Alb spells are pretty damn powerful
not as poweful as the almighty black hole magic of course so yea]/spoiler]

>modniggers
So what is /v/ for?

No
Yes. PB and Elex should be in the OP though. Some please make a good OP post with pastebins and whatnot!

>can't talk 1-2 weeks about a new game while overshit threads were allowed for several months

lel

someone make a new thread on /v/

Like it matters, I'm fine with discussing it here too. Just a shame that not many new people might look for a thread on it here.

Mods are probably afraid of coordinated shilling, while it's just PB fanboy autismos posting. Pretty sad.
But there's also /qa/ to complain about mods. It could've been just one butthurt janitor.

It`s an absolute joke that /v/ can have fucking neogaf threads and not video game threads.

I enjoy the conversation, but Veeky Forums just brings down the quality.

How come the clerics don't sell any armor and weapons? I looked all around their base and couldn't find a single decent thing to buy.

>game does shitty thing no other game does
>praise it
Damn this is sad to watch

Global mods were a mistake, they should all be heavily invested in their board`s subject and be board specific.

>a full review
>of this shit

Can`t handle the jank?

>Veeky Forums just brings down the quality
Spoken like somebody held hostage by /v/ermin. Veeky Forums is a great place as long as there's actual game to discuss, when people keep generals alive without anything new happening is when you get bullshit waifuing and thread celebrities. We'll be fine for a few weeks.

Why is this used as if its a meme? The game perfoming like and looking like ass is a meme?

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Elex. The gameplay is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the mechanics will go over a typical player's head. There's also Jax's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these quests, to realize that they're not just free exp- they say something deep about MAGALAN. As a consequence people who dislike ELEX truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Felk's existencial catchphrase "Initiating Combat," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Björn Pankratz's genius unfolds itself on their screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have an ELEX tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 cold points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.