/ksg/ - Katawa Shoujo General

Katawa Shoujo General #3368

Feels 101 Edition

Previous Thread: Official website: katawa-shoujo.com/ (KS is free)
Summer's Clover (Unofficial Miki route by Lilly's writer): ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=9996
KS alpha: steamcommunity.com/groups/KSPreAlpha/discussions/0/1291816880498430072/
Pastebin: pastebin.com/Wp8y08x2
Writebin: pastebin.com/PpGnE3nc
KSG FAQ: pastebin.com/6Z28iW1x
Shimmie: shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/
Shimmie Replacement: cripple.booru.org/
KSG Map: zeemaps.com/map?group=1834162
Flockdraw: skycow.us/whiteboard
3D-Printable Katawa Figurines: ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=10195.swf
Hanako Image Database: hanakoisbestgirl.com
Desktop Katawas: mediafire.com/?ogvo1fh7d5x36j9
"I'm such a failure, I'll never find my Katawa" pastebin.com/B8bLKPz1
Crud's "Where Are 4LS Now?": reddit.com/r/katawashoujo/comments/6v2zkb/the_where_are_they_now_post/
KS fanfics: fourleaffics.miraheze.org/wiki/Category:/ksg/

Other urls found in this thread:

cripple.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=489
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This is the woman I fell in love with.

Manhandling Emi's small body!!!

Sad Shizune

Actually I decided to try and start another route. I just picked the choices I hadn't so far and I just fucking died after a drunk picnic.

this is mine

Dying at the picnic requires that you don't push hisao or join any club, even a spur-of-the-moment joining.

I fell in love with all of them
D-Does that make me a bad person?

No snoozing on a new thread, /ksg/!

Speaking of, I finally decided to put that to the test and do Shizune's route after all this time of hearing how bad it is. I've just finished Act 2.

I feel like the "prose" (I'm hesitant to use the all encompassing word "writing" here) is really good. As in, I think the WAY that it's written is really good, descriptive, and flows well and naturally in a way that I think is very good, but I'm not 100% on board with what's happening from a plot/character standpoint. Aside from the ending of Act 1, I don't especially like Shizune herself. She's really interesting to be around and learn about, especially since she mellows out quite a bit compared to Act 1, but I just don't like her that much even though I want to.

What's keeping me going so far is two things:
First, I think the whole logistics of even trying to "talk" to Shizune is really interesting. The dynamics and situations that creates, as well as how Misha plays into all of it are fascinating. It seems a bit weird to me that Hisao picks up on sign as quickly as he does, but I guess they have to if they want Shizune to have her do more stuff beyond passing notes or non-verbal communication. Similar to Lilly, being deaf is actually a really big deal and a big impediment to everyday life. You're losing an entire sense, and the primary method of communication between people. How somebody grows up without it, and deals with it, I just think is super fascinating.
Second, it's making me like Misha even more and I'm curious what happens to her, although I've heard it's nothing good. Still, she's really bubbly and cute, if a bit boneheaded sometimes, but in an endearing way. The scenes where either is apart from the other are especially interesting because they're almost inseparable in daily life, and I love seeing what they talk about when alone.

KS2: Rise of Kenji when

One for Mish
And Yuuko, also a great girl

Lilly!

>It got me thinking of all the old friends I had back in school that I stopped talking to and all the good times we had, and it feels like I have a gigantic hole in my chest now.
I feel exactly the same, only to me (while it was still feel-heavy) it made me more angry than anything. It's not a 'good end' to me AT ALL, for this reason. Don't care what Hisao says about 'we'll meet again', it's not likely. Just because the characters says it doesn't make it true. And I just couldn't stop thinking about how that might just have been the last time they saw each other.

>Second, it's making me like Misha even more and I'm curious what happens to her

>WHAT A FUN, CUTE BUBBLY CHARACTER, can't wait to hear more about her, it can't possibly make me sad or anything she's just too fun all the time!
>...
>is sad

A monster, truly.

You can fall in love with all of them in turn and it's fine, love is not always for life... BUT in the end you must chose your waifu.

Don't even THINK of polywaifuing

for Rin

suzu!

Sleepy time for katawas

>tfw you have a crush on Suzu
>tfw I'm kinda tempted to write a suzu story for halloween but I'm not done with her path yet so I don't know if I know her all that well

I never implied I was polywaifuing!

It's just that in my quest for my own waifu I'm having a hard time deciding, I mean- in most other things there are clear best and worst girls, but for me the matter of my KS waifu isn't so clear cut, y'know?

Sleepy time for everybody

a cute short story is always nice to read
there's no real canon anyway so you basically can do what you want
Sleepy time is best time

What is the context of this image?

>there's no real canon anyway so you basically can do what you want
yeah I know but if I don't know her personality all that well, writing about her is like writing about an original character I made and calling her Suzu anyway.

But well, I'll try to finish her path... Not sure how developed the character is anyway. If not I'll stick to my original idea Emi. Or you know just laze out and do nothing, like I assume most of our potential writers will end up doing

no idea , probably just a commission so no real context
yeah i can understand that.
and have fun finishing the path!

I'd like to sub them my peona. If you know what I mean.

>tfw you want to write something lewd but you're afraid it'll show everyone your virginity power level by writing something retarded like an anatomically incorrect girl, or a line spoken during sex that you think was really hot but turn out it's the cringeworthiest thing of all time
being anonymous doesn't even make it easier, somehow

It'll be campy horror. Lilly will make an appearance too.

>I'm guessing I'd just have to crack open the game itself somehow? Guessing that can't be done.
Bumping this question.

>It seems a bit weird to me that Hisao picks up on sign as quickly as he does
You can learn a basic understanding in a few days. Misha also helps Hisao and there is an extracurricular signing club, rigjh? Or am I imagining that?

>a line spoken during sex that you think was really hot but turn out it's the cringeworthiest thing of all time
To be fair, 99% of written sex scenes are awkward. Awkward enough to be easily misconstrued in some cases.

>a line spoken during sex that you think was really hot but turn out it's the cringeworthiest thing of all time
Everyone gets off to the beat of their own drum, what might be hot for you might not be hot for some.

>It'll be campy horror. Lilly will make an appearance too.
Nice!
We'll get least 1 then (hopefully)!

kenji is my waifu

I have played all the routes finally

Emi would be best girl, but she is not a virgin, so she gets second place in best girl status but first place in route and writing

Hanako gets first place just because she is decent all around in being best girl status, though her writing kinda sucks it is obvious how awesome she is

Shizune gets worst route, her character is meh but the writing in the route just ruins everything, absolute mess

Lilly gets worst girl, she is just too much a white knights sort of fantasy strange half japanese waifu type dick hungry slut that is really, really annoying in how she seems to think and act

Rin is autistic and written not so great... but her route is entertaining and feely enough, at least much better than lilly and shizune

Almost there but for this copy pasta to really take off you should fine tune it some more.

I should have added a gentlemen at the beginning

But honestly, I have just recently finished every route and that is my actual assessment for the most part

I really would love to see this game remade, and then have a 2 or something

Not sure who owns the rights to the game anymore though if 4ls is even a thing

Goodnight, KSG.
I love each and every one of you.

I know a lot of people her think reen is there waifu but tfw you are practically reen and understand her better than other ksgers.

The fact that lilly has no bad ending shows what kind of a sack of shit she is

well, that escalated quicky. I mean, from fucking nothing/no discussion

Ok I made up my mind, got an idea for a Suzu story I want to try writing about. Gonna go for it.

Only thing still left to think is I'm not sure I want to write it from Hisao's perspective, from Miki's, or from a neutral narrator. I'll think on it.

Suzu is a lesbian, right?

Lilly is an angel. I thought it was unexpected to see her sleep in Hisao's bed after the date.

in suriko's story yes, in scissorlips pseudo-route no

That image is used in her bed and his bed

In any case she is a dumb slut

Nth for headpatting Hana!

ksg mansion when

Requiescant in pace...

I want to passionately kiss Emi's anus

>copypasta
>reddit spacing

KS2 will never happen, but I would pay good money for an HD re-release.

>VN
>HD re-release

that's not how it works you retard

I do not think that counts as reddit spacing, ever since msn fucking messenger and aim I always seemed to use a space like that instead of a period because I am terrible with grammar

I think in that context it just means a much better done version with way better writing and a full art staff so everything was vivid

>Hanakofag sill mad

fuck off

>implying shizune and lilly did not have the worst routes in need of a rewrite

Your deflecting isn't working hanakofag

Sorry but my favorite is rin, she may be autistic but hanako is pants on head retarded

>I was pretending and I like the autismo girl

yeah, no

>my favorite is rin
There goes your opinion.

none of you virgins get an opinion

nice meme'd

Nth for a happy Hana!

It's in 4:3 and the BGs have always been shit. It could be made to look better.

>dumb slut
Why?

>falls in love with a guy she has only known for a couple months, like madly in love can not bear to imagine losing him love

Dumb

>After the guy nearly has a heart attack just from fucking walking, she goes from that crazy hysterical love thing into fucking the guy, the guy who almost died from fucking walking

Dumb and slutty

>she then proceeds to continue to talk unashamedly about her libido and healthy sex drive while wanting to fuck him every chance she gets, knowing that she is leaving for scotland anyway

Still dumb, still slutty

>after finally getting exposed for wanting to leave like a cunt, she goes ahead and leaves, her retarded pussy of a boyfriend is like yeah okay bye. But then after that he goes full retard and chases after her and literally has a heart attack, the dude is 18. She puts her entire future on hold to stay with him and take care of this fragile pussy knowing he could literally die at any moment. Maybe she really liked his dick that much.

Just flat out fucking stupid, scary stupid. More dumb than misha fucking stupid.

Whoa there, calm down Kenji

I think it was a cute story. She was a virgin tho, and after discovering sex, it's normal to want more everyday.

Yes, maybe the story isn't unfolding that well as the other characters' but it's still a good route. The only thing I hated is Akira's gay shit bf.

Nah man, kenji thought she was smart and well off. Hell he even felt bad when he knocked her over, dude was alright.

But she is not some super mafioso well of type of anything, she is just a really dumb den mother type freak of nature fucking moron.

And sluttttttyyyyy

Regardless of the comparison I still think you should take your disdain down a couple notches. We get by now that you don't like Lilly as much as you like your favorite girl here but that doesn't mean you should parade around the thread listing off reasons why you dislike her

Did you know that lack of empathy is a common symptom of autism?

Chill out, he's a Rin fag.

Wrong

But Rin has empathy you idiots. See: Pushing Emi and Hisao into talking things out on the rooftop.

Anyone has that Lilly image where she holds a sign that says happy birthday?
I can't seem to find it on neither HDD

Thank you!
You have no idea how much time I've invested searching for this picture

jeez emis act 4 is so fucking short why

Everything got crammed into act 3, the story kinda fell flat after resolving the incident at her house.

well, the game is a bit designed as 'meeting the girls - frienship - more than friendship - problem - resolution'. Once you 'solve' the main problem, it ends and you're led to believe you'll live happily ever after and all that.

Unless you're on shizune's path, then everyone just fucks off and leaves.

So after the main issue is dealt with... While some plaeyrs (including me) would've liked just more 'happy time' with the girl, this wasn't the general point of the game.

It would've been nice, but the game is more about conflict resolutions and understanding and all.

Anyone got that memeish reaction image of lilly with her tea and black sunglasses laid back just looking ridiculous in whatever pixely art style it is

I do not think it is more about resolution and understand as it is about just a team of people who were not up to the task of creating a game like this

And also lillys route has an equally horrific ending where she gives up her life for a walking heart attack waiting to happen and it is just strange

Popping in to say writing my Halloween Katawa Shoujo story has given me the same warm feelings as reading through the visual novel did. Will have to decide on the hardest thing soon - the title!

I would like that one too

Or unless you're on Hanako's route, unfortunately

Hanakos route was okay I guess even though the alpha was miles better the ending of the final made her seem like a bit of a retard but it was okay. Way better than lilly or shizune

I think you meant Lilly's route has an equally horrific ending where she gives up her life for a family who doesn't give a shit about her and it is just strange.

well, the ending was meant to be "feel good" first and foremost. Logic sometime goes out the windows for stuff like that...

And while personally, lilly is like my 4th girl and 5th path, given that lillyfags acts like she's heaven-made-waifu and that her path is the best written story in the history of mankind... Guess they did something right at least for a specific audience that cares more about how feel good it is from the player's/the MC's perspective, than if it makes sense/is good for all characters involved.

That sounds kind of like tumblr logic for neckbeards...

At least in that end she would have options for a future and hella money, most of her friends were classmates with their own futures and hanako had nothing in particular planned so she could have either come with lilly or they would have stayed in touch pretty heavily.

The good end is the bad end

In fact if her route had a bad end, which it seems not to for some reason I would say the bad end would have seen her getting pregnant with hisaos kid and him having another heart attack just as he came in her or something

Still good tho. Loved her route and the ending made up for the shortness of the 4th act.

Since I don't know if you're the same user I asked to tone down earlier I'll ask again
user please chill

Sorry but different user. It could simply be that lilly is a bad route and a really poorly made character unless you are the most delusional kind of incel/whiteknight/neckbeard/virgin?

cripple.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=489

>That sounds kind of like tumblr logic for neckbeards...
I'm not saying it's right to write like that. Just saying that's how a lot of people do it.

KS was made by "amateurs"... Yet even in massive movies/television shows, 'professional's write like that. Just look at Game of thrones, if you watch that shit. Nothing makes any fucking sense in the last season, but the viewers still like it because "My favorite character is winning! My favorite character was BADASS killing 50 men by himself! Nevermind that it's really stupid, but it looked amazing!" and shit like that.

One might think that given that KS was written with a more serious/realistic theme in mind, they might have tried to avoid this... But while they had the serious in mind, they're still amateurs, so they might have fucked up a bit.
Or they just didn't know how to end the story on a positive note that made sense for all cahracters. YOu talk about how Lilly leaving is the real good ending... Yeah, for her of course... The story wasn't written for Lilly's pov tho, Hisao (the player) has to "feel good". If Lilly bounces off and we can assume she lives the rest of her life happy, well it still sucks for 'us'...
So how else would you end it? Provoke some irreparable drama between her and her family to justify her not leaving? But Hisao doesn't have a place in this drama so it would just feel like some deus ex machina.

>vaginal
>hanako's phone has no phone chain
2/10

honestly she should put chains on everything she wears, like a Coldsteel the Hegeheg ripoff

or Yugi during Battle City