/divg/ - Divinity: Original Sin General

Best family edition

[Un]dead thread:
Patch 3 notes:
steamcommunity.com/games/435150/announcements/detail/1470847507677711328

Item Crafting List: rcfox.ca/DOS2Recipes/
Skill Book Sellers: divinityoriginalsin2.wiki.fextralife.com/Skill Books
Skill Book Crafting: divinityoriginalsin2.wiki.fextralife.com/Skill Crafting

Divine Ascension (soundtrack, concept art, artbook, lorebook, a map, now in high res) + Extracted Soundtrack:
mega.nz/#F!tpNGXaZR!UttmYFiknpMvm28ZcOddJQ

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/games/435150/announcements/detail/1461842131332478533
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This general is already dead.

Ah what the hell. This game is weak to softlocks.

I went to Arhu's Dungeon and I get my ass kicked cause I want him to be alive, and the fuckers go right for him, So I figured I'd prepare for it a bit, cast Spider Legs and webbed the spot where Kemm will be after he joins the fight after the first turn.

It fucking softlocked. I got stuck on his turn with him never doing anything. I've had other battles sometimes go wayyyyy too long cause the AI would just think for a milion years and then skip turn doing nothing, so I figured this would be the same, but nope. Never moves on.

the puppet fight in the crypt is the worst in the game by miles

>turned into cows for TWO turns
>finally regain control after like 10 minutes
>after a single person gets a turn my team turns into cows again

where do i go at level 11
i've tried a few different places but it was level 15 shit raping me
cleared out most stuff in town from what I can tell

head towards the possessed dwarves

WHAT THE FUCK

I thought my character is just joking how is this shit even possible

i just got divinity original sin EE, the game magic system is fun as hell

is it viable to go for all 4 elemental magic on one character?

among skeletons, never relax

>mfw Sebille sex scene

Only true one.

ifan's thirsty, he's never joking about sex

>takes charge
>"Good girl"
>Remember how when we met I licked your arm?
Cheating elves.

I'LL KILL YOUR SHINING LIGHTS

Tfw no female undead origin character to romance.

for fucks sake fane
let them go

>sex up sebille
>when we arrive at ark I have the option to ask to talk to lohse aboue "us"
I didn't think they'd let you be a slut.

>lohse in armor

He knew them longer than you. Granted he was a shut in, but still.

>ready for round five?
I didn't think I was such a complete bottom.

This game was forgotten very quickly considering the reviews it got - dont you think?

how the FUCK am i supposed to beat this?

Why the fuck can't I go down the Lady Vengeance? It was working just a couple of saves ago.

It's no surprise considering the awful writing and bugs, it was a Larian attempt at making an Obsidian game.

Pillars of Eternity 2 is looking to blow this out of the water.

unfunny jokes for 200

really playing this game just made me want to play PoE again

and I loved original sin 1 enough to get past the bad writing

I really can not get into no.2 at all - how long did it take you guys to get into it? im about 5 hours in and im not hooked

About when I hit level 5-6.

Halp what am I doing wrong

Gotta use it as the character with the lever in their bag.

I was told in a previous thread that if I have more constituion, my summons will be more durable? Is this true? If so I can't find this info anywhere in game; in game it applies only my overall character level and summoning level have any effect.

If this is true, are there other stats that affect my summon?

nope, u got memed on

If I want one character in the party capable of dealing both magical and physical damage in about equal amounts, what should I go with? I'm thinking either
1. Archer with lots of elemental arrows
2. Archer with one school of magic
3. Summoner

Afaik only character level and summoning skill affect the summon stats. Constitution just happens to be a good stat on summoners because you won't have the APs to deal damage.

summoner for sure

phys damage>blood incarnate
magic damage>elemental incarnate

Bug, there is no fix. Been known for months too.

Is phys damage affected by warfare/etc or are elemental infusions affected by their related skill? Or is it all just summoning level

Who decided I should given a fuck about Wendigo? How many times do I have to kill this bitch? And why should I care about her and the God King's story?

Literally just answered this three posts ago. Summoners can do whatever the fuck they want because their shit only scales with Summoning and character level. Constitution is good but by all means go full int with glass cannon+executioner and enjoy slamming baddies with your 1 turn CD bolt and other spells.

So there'll be an expansion that continues the story, right? Becoming the Divine just makes you take the lead against the Void/God King, but the conflict is never really resolved.

And why don't the epilogue cover what happens to the player character? Maybe it isn't needed, but it'd be nice to see and hear the Red Prince actually becoming the Divine Emperor of the Ancient Empire.

The ending summary in general should be expanded upon, too little is said about the consequences of your choices, even though it's certainly nice to have something in there at least.

Either destroy her soul or free her from the God King to be rid of her.

It's really stupid though how the Kraken can respawn people who you've used Source Vampirism on. But it might have just been a bug for me.

Dude, I didn't even get endings for my party members. Other people seem to have gotten them just fine.

As far as I've heard it is a bug. Last time I asked someone told me another user had checked the code and there's a list of random enemies it's supposed to spawn in place of God King sworn that you've already source succd, it just doesn't do it for whatever reason.

>And why don't the epilogue cover what happens to the player character?
Maybe it's different if you played an origin as opposed to an OC (it's probably just buggy as fuck, like everything else in the entire latter half of this game) but I got quite a bit about my character uniting everyone against the void and leading the war against it etc etc.

That sucks, there seems to be quite a lot of bugs with triggers in the last act. Like Sebille, out of nowhere, acted like we had a romance together and the game forced me to kiss her in the scene before choosing what to do with all the source. But after that scene it returned to normal and she was just a very friendly partymember.

Yeah, I got the ending scene for choosing to become the next Divine as well as the race specific where it said that the Lizards grew in power and expanded their empire even further. But I didn't get anything about the Red Prince (who was my avatar) or what became of draconic children.

It did have slides for my surviving companions, Sebille and Beast, which were in line with my choices, but nothing for Red Prince.

Am I supposed to be able to kill Kniles the Flenser before leaving Fort Joy? He's fucking strong. Tactician by the way.

Yes, the sewer grate behind where you meet him is one of the escape routes.

Where the fuck do I go after killing the anatae bitch ? Are the blackpits over ?

Raimond is at the warehouse to the southwest.

Who the fuck is Raimond ?

When is a patch coming that will fix this game?

There should be a small harbour in the area where you'll see some White Magister. You can also use your owl to warn the Paladins here, if you want to.

The magister dude that was at the docks in Driftwood.

There was a 1.1gb patch just now.

Aaaah my nigga, I see

Alright, then. Thanks

Hah! Holy crap you're right. I guess I'm updating.

Anybody else having problem stealing gold? Before it put the highest I could steal on its own but now it starts at 1 gold and since I don't have much in sneaking I don't have enough time to put the right amount I'm allowed to steal before the npc catches me. Is this a bug or was it intended in the last patch? It's really annoying

>stealing forbidden isle vendors
>somehow the knight of tir sees me through the platform from below ground
>have to kill everyone
Oops.

The ending kinda confused me.
*Spoilers for lohse*

At the end it seems to imply the demon is still in her somewhere.
So what the fuck was point of all that?

>try to use the blackpits fastpoint behind the shrieker
>he snipes one my party members in the back
Jeez do I really have to unlock my characters to fast travel now ?

>*Spoilers for lohse*
>this lack of reading comprehension

Lohse is an open house party for possession. Just because you kicked someone out doesn't mean they can't just come back

Just kill it

And how ?

oh I assumed the "Black veins and eyes" was that specific demon's calling card.

makes sense; she did talk about that happening. Aight I'm satisfied then.

Purge wand or source vampirism

I don't have that anymore at level 14, or yet

Expansion where you kill the God King when?
I want to show that cold feet bitch nigga Lucian how a true hero is supposed to act.

>Raimond is level 16
Thanks for nothing you fags. How am I supposed to take him now ?

Didn't the pillar's staff cave in and change some shit because of "PC" fags complaining at them?

I ain't buying that shit nigga.

Go do some other shit first, cloisterwood, lone wolf hideout, the succ or bloodmoon for instance.

Guy escapes on the boat mid fight and you only have to take on the other ones.
I teleported him away and ganked his ass before he could reach it, but hey.

Did the new update break The Pawn? I don't seem to be getting the free movement from it anymore.

How about playing the game by yourself you slut?

whats the update

steamcommunity.com/games/435150/announcements/detail/1461842131332478533

based

That's what I'm doing now bitch

>new patch fixed closing containers with esc and unfucked reactive shot
>also fixed the pickpocketing bags filled with valuables off merchants exploit
>mods that replace armor models don't work anymore

Will we get custom mission that don't require a GM, or will pretty much all user content be designed around GMs?

How many people have actually got a friend that would be willing to be a GM frequently? I get that there is an interested for it, but surely it's pretty small?

My incarnate is missing skills after the latest patch. Not any skills in particular, just random skills in every combat so far.

Anyone else having this?

Custom adventures are made through the modding tool, as I understand it. Shouldn't require a GM, but might be GM-able. I think some are being worked on right now, but it takes time.

Did it fix Corrosive Touch crafting yet.

They fixed my method of robbing NPCs blind, what am I suppose to do now?

>Skills from items now correctly respect weapon requirements
I'll miss using gag order with a crossbow.

They just completely fucked skillbars, you also must manually remove skills from your skillbar if you want to unequip them.

Also, my 1H mace magically transformed into a 2H mace which still gives a bonus to one handed. What the fuck is this patch.

what method

Loading a backpack with shit and stealing the backpack back for easy pickpocketing.

Yeah, I think I'll just wait for the next patch before giving the game another go. Speaking of bugs, Doc got his brain scrambled good.

fuck i had no idea you could do that

Did you not talk to Lohse after beating him?

She says if she chooses to and listens carefully she can still hear him, but that it's just easy to not listen and ignore him now.

As for the conversation on the Lady Vengeance, that could be him or any one of the many demons which she also comments on in the above mentioned conversation.

What makes a good combo with polymorph? I tried warfare, but a lot of the skills, at least starting ones, seem to be different flavours of the same thing.

Polymorph has skills that work with literally anything, it's the perfect secondary school for something. Most of it's offensive abilities are strength scaling but it's defensive options are universal.

You can't anymore. Before it would only consider the weight and value of the backpack when pickpocketing it, making it very easy to steal back. Now it also accounts for the valuables inside of it.

Run up with teleport char, teleport braccus to your group.
Kill Braccus before the enemies kill you.
Done.
t. someone who bet the game on tatctician yesterday.

>Fixed Jahan becoming hostile on the Lady Vengeance if the player frees the demons

Fuck yes, I'm freeing my demon bros tonight.

He spoke to me like I was Lohse in one sentence, even though I wasn't.

As the other user said, polymorph is a great secondary skill for just about anything. Tentacle lash is good for strength characters, since it scales with strength, hits hard, and applies atrophy. Bull horns are great too for more mobility. Chicken claw used to be popular for scoundrels for comboin it with ruptured tendons, but chickens don't run themselves to death quite as much anymore. Chameleon is also good since sneaking is kinda shit on its own. Take flight is great for archers and mobility in general. Medusa head might be good for mages, since the earth damage from the petrifying attack scales with geo and int, but requires you to get close in order for the aura to take effect. And so on and so forth.

You'd need to look at the skills on a case by case basis rather than consider the skill school as a whole. It's got something for everyone, but that also means that a pure polymorph build is a bit more awkward to use. Would personally prefer if you could use polymorph skills on other characters than yourself, and if chicken claw had more range.