/ddg/ - Dragon's Dogma General

>Tips for new players
You can change vocations at level 10 at the Gran Soren inn or BBI.
Character appearance can be changed later on.
Dont miss your sidequests: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Side_Quest_Progression
Further info on "Must Do" sidequests: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qS9A47duONEwozGu8A6_oX_HyCxgBwbquGmlZqEQqqg/edit?usp=sharing
Understanding the romance system: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Beloved
Hard Mode doesn't change enemy AI, it adds higher Stagger/ Knockdown resistances and increases Stamina consumption and Health damage recieved. More info about it in the wiki. Recommended for NG+

>Wiki you lazy shit
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_Dogma_Wiki

====================================

>/ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/156IeHCRWMcCTU4nkIIwGgjVBetjVu47C9TvAlAc5HUY/edit?usp=sharing

>Stat Growths
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Stat_Growths

>RC Calculator
opsc.dark-arisen.com/calculator.php?cmd=calculate

>In-depth Beginner/Advanced Player Guide and FAQ
docs.google.com/document/d/17Avxu-W6BCjDrglXtHg8Z3sKB_z_5tlWhV1Vmf_YWHw
gamefaqs.com/boards/626514-dragons-dogma/74291952

>Character Creator Sliders
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QfNzxImmAvPk0jUhfKdyjxwUBg8OUl9iQhLMBL_pEl8/edit?usp=sharing

>Mods available
pastebin.com/jcbPgLdj
pastebin.com/XqfsTx3G
piratepad.net/ep/pad/view/ro.uXOgwZkXAy5/latest

>Hotkey Script for PC Players
pastebin.com/7gju0zt8

>Modding on console and old pawns
pastebin.com/NMTBXnxA

>Guide to get DDO
pastebin.com/mx95PT0w
reddit.com/r/dragonsdogmaonline/

>DDO Beginners Guide
pastebin.com/xgzbcXNg
pastebin.com/338KVa5X

>Screenshot Guide
pastebin.com/6YtfNbcb

>Make webms
pastebin.com/4ipnGRND

I claim this thread in the name of my lovely pawn.

Posting once for the new thread

Could some anons recruit my pawn?

PSN Nobleboar

>PSN
What with everyone using the playstation version?

It just came out for PS4 a week or two ago.

Ha, okay.

Well, I'll just sit here with my PC version.
Game is surprisingly challenging with only one pawn, especially as a sorcerer. My assassin had an easier time.

Quest : get your pawn to lewd you.

I love my pawn and hope they love me back.

I made my pawn to cater to my fetishes.

>not making both Arisen and Pawn to cater your fetishes

The thing is that my fetishes changed.
So having an Arisen little girl is a bit weird.

Starting again soon so putting my old pawn up for hire.

PSN: concernedknight
Pawn name:arum
Arisen name:amaranth
She's around level 130 if I remember correctly.

What the fuck is that frizzy ass hair, you can keep your pawn.

>design a class around having high health to trade blows with enemies and having high stagger and knockdown
>create a game mode and zone where enemies do much more damage and have very high stagger and knockdown resistance
>add in enemies capable of one-shotting, just because

I hope you guys don't do this.

do you have to put a pawn for hire?

I wish you could limit pawn searches to a certain height slider requirement so you didn't find a pawn with good skills to summon just to have it end up being a child in a thong

If you don't collect pawn goodies from the being hired, the crystals carry over to your next game

>Be warrior
>Fighting daimon for the second time.
>He opens the rift
>I dodge it
>Pawnfu tries to run, but she's too tired and gets trapped
>I charge my arc of deliverance as I let the void drag me away
>As I'm about to get swallowed by it, I unleash a full devastating blow that sends Daimon fucking flying
>Pawnfu is stil there, unharmed.
BEST.GAME.EVER.

What is the most FUN vocation to play? The key limiting factor is 3 abilities which makes every damn vocation bland and repetetive, so might as well use 2H Sword and one shot enemies.

Melee combat is fun a first, but using same abilities all the time becomes boring.

Archery is great as you aim and especially with shortbow have quit dynamic gameplay - but once again want variety.

Magic is WHOOM factor and looks great - but has zero feedback as you just stand and chant.

So what is the most fun you had with vocation/gameplay type?

Assassin or fighter.
3 melee skills plus 3 world skills and any combo you can do with your pawns.
Mystic is also fun if you wanna be the party buffer plus magic cannon is a rape machine.

I cant say i enjoyed Assassin much - it falls exactly under "3 skills". Yeah, you jump around and headslit enemie etc, but every fight feels exactly the same.

Sword and shield assassin is warrior 2.0.
With the right combination of skills it's very dynamic.
And daggers and shield assassin is also pretty fun. Being a dickass thief with strider is also great.

I'd say Magick Archer is up there if only because you've got several extremely powerful ways of dealing with enemies. From Sixfold Bolt to combining Immolation and Hundred Kisses, blasting away the dead with Magickal Gleam, the F U N that is watching Ricochet Hunter go off in a corridor, summoning your mates free pawns just to sacrifice them to 1-shot something unpleasant

It's amazing for solo play since you can carry spells and you essentially have an answer for any situation you come across. If you're inventive it's probably the hardest class to get bored of

You've also got probably the strongest support skill in the game, a magick bow skill that wipes out status effects that if I remember correctly even voidspell can't rid you of. So add being a tip top support to the list of things you can have fun with

In my opinion of course

Great ward arrow, it cures you of all debilitations and makes you immune for a little over 2minutes. The problem is there is also Sobering Wine which does the same thing but only lasts 90seconds that you can buy from Fournival for 6k ea, if you like really long outings it's good but if you don't mind more regular trips to a place you can access storage it's better to bring a few wines.

>post pawn
>several people review bomb him and ruin his perfect score

Great. Done with this game.

Maybe your pawn just wasn't that good.

I-I think I actually did this without knowing

>finish game
>cool now my pawn-in-Arisen-body gets to go on an adventure in Bitterblack
>lol nope
My rage knows no bounds.

>Do the second run doing 2k damage with my warrior
>First time pope was hard as fuck, this time it was a walk in the park
>Feeling absolutely overpowered
>Hard world mod seems even normal difficulty because I'm fucking powerful
>Beat daimon's ass like he's nothing
>Form 2
>Hp won't go down
>Spells are fucking OP
Oh shit. I seriously hope they don't expect me to take down ALL these HP bars by myself, right?

I absolutely did this

Please don't respond to neofags

*respond all the neofags*

I guarantee there is more effort put into him than 95% of most pawns, and unlike the plebeian masses has a sense of style. If I had known how unhelpful this community was going to be I would never have posted.

>he actually applies meanings to ratings
The only thing that matters is how they look and their inclinations.

Don't let it get under your skin, hire others, yours gets hired back - In fact, if you're on PS4 and comfortable with it, post your psn tag and I'll grab your pawn for BBI Daimon runs later on today.

Keep it PMA, bad hires probably come from outside of ddg, this is by far the best general thread and the "community" of the game in general tends to be much, MUCH better than the rest - after all, you're not "ruining" the gameplay for others, its just the extension of your character helping them out

Dagger Assassin (Shirking Offensive/Masterful Kill/Instant Reset) or Dagger Strider (Mad Dash/Brain Splitter/Instant Reset)
Mystic Knight (Abyssal Anguish/Demon's Wrath/High Sopor/Grand Brontide)

Had the most fun with these.

I'd smack that ass.

MK with Virge or Devilsbane?

Virge, objectively better on the damage front plus it's blunt damage, I don't think any enemy is super resistant to that

>Arc of Deliverance
>tfw it finally lands
It feels good man.

He's abit further down the Internet abit more to the left.

I have WAY more fun as swordbow assassin or daggers MA than anything else. Every other class just makes me miss those two, especially a non-ranged class

>page 9

Can I pet it?

Yes, but it might try to cast a tiny levin on your hand. :3

Mate, Assassins can use four types of weapons, if you're not carrying a sword, bow, shield, and daggers and switching to what's most appropriate for the enemy you're about to fight, you're doing it all wrong.

Okay, so I'm playing a sorc so that my Magick Archer will eventually do damage. Now I've never really taken much of an interest in the spellcaster classes, since I've only had a tank pawn and a strider/assassin/ranger arisen before now

What on earth am I meant to be using? I've got voidspell so that's on lockdown, but I dunno what spells are actually worth having. I don't have a sorc pawn since I'm still working on convincing a friend to swap their pawns bloody vocation, so spell sync is probably off the table

This, if you want something more dynamic than assassin you just need to find a different game

Comestion is the best skill, not even just spell, in the game. Levin is ok for single targets. Brontide is fun and pretty effective. When you get higher try out the "nukes" and see what you like, I really love gicel.

Mostly use miasma and cosmetion, levin aganist weak enemis. Don't waste points on stuff like necromancy. Sork later spell and augments eat a lot DP.

>Don't waste points on stuff like necromancy
Shit.

How many sorcerers does it take to change a lightbulb?

Awesome, cheers lads, I've got a rough idea to work with now

I'm almost tempted to stick with Sorc now since it's already kinda fun and I've pretty much maxed the Magick Archer vocation

How many?

One to change it and three to screech autistically about having holy affinity slotted

At least two since they have to sync

HOLY

FOCUSED

BOLT

Get Holy Affinity and Focused Bolt core skill, it is so fucking powerful, clips through walls and homes in on enemies. Also, High Fulmination is nigh unstoppable sometimes, I have killed a Drake from full health with it in a matter of seconds. Keep a nuke or two clear out rooms or hit big enemies. Other than that, if you aren't spell synching with a sorc pawn, get some Ingle or Levin and have fun.

Don't tell me you changed vocations after I bought her a set of armor instead of the she goat set she was wearing
Playstation users play stuff besides lol and pubg

it's the most active platform, not even memeing. Being level 200 on pc is a death sentence.

Didn't even know Playstation had LoL and PUBG.

Ok funny guys my turn

How many wolves does it take to hunt in packs, Arisen?

Yeah we play stuff like Bloodborne and...uh.. mostly Bloodborne

Nice meme, consolewar shitter. It's already established that ps4 has the most active playerbase in DD

>TWO DRAKES
>TWO SORCERORS
>HIGH FULMINATION

It was just a joke you absolute she-goat, I play PS4 more than anything else I own, and sometimes plenty of things apart from BB. Way to be insecure about your console of choice, of all things.

Whatever you say, false-flagger.

>thread is slow, better shitpost
What compels you?

I'm going to boot up the dogma for a good long session in a bit live aught.
Post pawns for Daimon "grind". Preferably people who could use armor2/3 weapon2/3 stuff. I like doing this

Switching my pawn up from strider to sorc, tell me what skills and augments you would want to see on her

What part of "this is the point of no return" did you not understand?

At least 3 affinity buffs

Call the band "The Mimic and the Trap"

As a sorceror, fill 'er up with nukes, voidspell, regular comestion and high fulmination.

As any other vocation, only one or two nukes, add either a buff or Ingle/Levin.

Conservation, Articulacy and Acuity are must-have augments.

>Sword and shield assassin is warrior 2.0.
ie shit

it's really like a shittier fighter but instead of trashing anything that tries hitting you it can jog forward a bit with the shield raised or jump really high on a perfect block in lieu of doing something useful

I swear I'm not trying to start an argument about efficiency in a sorcerer pawn, but long story short I'm planning on making a themed one with dark and lightning or dark and ice skills only, one or two nukes, necromancy included for those useless skulls, and I'm super fucking hype about it. I wonder what hires would look like since it won't be >conventional. Anybody else experiment with anything different on pawns and if so what were your results?

pawns don't fight your battles at 200, man. I'd rather hire unique ones with a cool gimmick or two than the same one over and over.

>so that my Magick Archer will eventually do damage
haha time to post my magick archer webms again

these are all gonna be with an arisen that leveled almost solely as a magick archer

Lvl 93 uti/chal/scath sorcerer
PSN: Viral-Protocol

>pawns don't fight your battles at 200
Sounds like you have shit pawns.

Thank you. Post psn if that's what you're on, I'll hire your pawn constantly if for nothing other than not being an optimalfag. I want to try a red nexus pawn as a blue to stay on my ass and swat mobs away while I cast, just to see how bad it really is, but don't want to switch up my sorc pawn to do it. I really wish dd had file slots..

Got her with grand Ingle, grand brontide, high comestion, high gicel, high seism, and high voidspell for skills and acuity, articulacy, attunement, conservation, emphasis, and sinew for augs
Yay or nay

The only thing I ever see people do with sword assassin is just spam powder barrage and gouge anyway. Might as well play strider instead.

senpai I'm literally looking over my team of /ddg/ world stars and yes, they're phenomenal pawns but if you're not god mode at max level you're either playing the game wrong or you're on warrior vocation challenge mode
I am on psn, and I actually really appreciate that. I'll post in the thread with my id as soon as they're up and a decent level

by the way, to answer your question, holy affinity (cast it on yourself by pressing shift/clicking in the left stick while charging, then hold down the light attack button to charge a focused bolt once you get that core skill), comestion, gicel (does physical damage, kills golems fast, bolide is also an option but it's a little redundant with comestion, seism too but it's shit), maelstrom (does incredible dark damage and gravity if the enemy is weak enough, huge continuous aoe, sucks enemies in), voidspell, and your choice of another nuke (fulmination is good as someone else said), miasma (not a fan but a lot of people like it), lassitude (good for obvious reason but a rusted weapon pawn does it better) or exequy (good if you're struggling with metal golems, it's a guaranteed kill as long as you focus it for long enough but these times can get pretty high). Petrification is fun but you'll rarely get it to work on enemies that aren't small and easy to kill anyway, and then your pawns are likely to kill them way too fast to see it work, basically sorcerer's grapnel.

What if I enjoy powder blasting and gouging more than brainsplitting and hundred kissing?

yup

It's sad
You have fucking gale harness, you have invisibility, you have masterful kill which is ridiculously stylish. If you're gonna climb go strider.

Sounds good, but the wiki warns thus about Grand Brontide:
This ring is bugged: Pawns will not cast Brontide at all if a ring with Grand Brontide is equipped.

I dunno how true it is, but beware.

>useless skulls
necromancy is extremely underrated. Does insane knockup and good dark damage, it gets overlooked mainly because maelstrom is the strongest nuke and best method of applying dark and knockup in the game but then you get ironic situations like the same people telling you not to use maelstrom because they're upset it blackens the screen when you literally stand in it but also tell you necromancy is worthless.

Hires will probably be poor in general but if you shill I imagine you'll do fine.

I'll play around a bit and if that does happen I'll just switch it out for fulmination

They're objectively worse and more limited than the alternative but more power to you.
Also I was thinking more about fracture dart, skull splitter is just the cherry on top.

Oh yeah, and it should be noted that while I used conq's periapts for this immolation thing and the next one I'm gonna post, I just used magick rebalancer for the magic bow stuff, since it's literally better than periapts AND free to use.

>/ddg/ world stars
why am I laughing so hard

Trying to find and kill a griffin post game is a fucking disaster. What the actual fuck were they thinking?

Who the fuck is that thing?

second to last one, I'd go record a few more against enemies everyone knows are troublesome as most vocations like living armour but I don't have a character that leveled as MA right now (forgot where I saved my backup saves when I formatted my hard drive when building a new PC, so those are lost to the void) and my current is a level 100 something leveled as sorc most of the way. This is the same as the immolation thing but with aug boosts stacked to 80.

Yep, that looks fucking sweet. I'm doing this.

Last one, and just to reiterate, this is without minmaxing stat gains at all. Obviously if you level up as just sorc or just assassin and use the relevant strategy (immolation+kisses for assassin, great sacrifice+ninefold bolt for sorcerer) it will be even better, but MA does NOT struggle to deal damage and is in fact the strongest class just in general.

The guy I'm fighting? Last boss of bitterblack island, pretty much the best enemy to check dps on though elemental stuff (especially dark) doesn't necessarily represent the power of that stuff since it relies on rock paper scissors matchups. For instance, you can see great sacrifice does 3 healthbars here but in this webm it oneshots the pope.

Gonna give the two sorc pawn method user mentioned a try.
Any qt sorcerers ≤40lvl? I'll be keeping them for a while.