Watch out: CS3 Spoilers in the thread.

>Cold Steel III Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=fr-8b6S6HOQ

>Trails of Cold Steel PC out now:

store.steampowered.com/app/538680/
gog.com/game/legend_of_heroes_trails_of_cold_steel_the

>A version of the old Zero no Kiseki fan translation was leaked:

mega.nz/#!LM4Hxb5J!0LrSUQF0yPjveDVPLSSn3Xq1i_tSwvqXHIU9Rzd3fiE

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

>Latest news

- Ys VIII released, but PC release date delayed due to issues with the port: steamcommunity.com/app/579180/discussions/0/1484356232247880393/

- Trails of Cold Steel III is out right now, news/article translations: gematsu.com/tag/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii

- Sen III trailer has been subbed: youtube.com/watch?v=QGfoGCWHLgI

- Cold Steel PC guest blogs (written by port programmer Durante, of DSFix fame):
xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/163720373505/loh-trails-of-cold-steel-pc-guest-blog-3-from

- Ys Seven is out on PC: store.steampowered.com/app/587100/Ys_SEVEN/
gog.com/game/ys_seven

- Zwei II coming to PC via XSEED (Summer), preview stream: youtube.com/watch?v=3gVOBPNrNgU

- Tokyo Xanadu out on Vita, improved EX+ version on PS4/PC scheduled for late 2017

- Cold Steel 2 confirmed for PC, release date pending
twitter.com/xseedgames/status/850395724223098880

>Older news

- Check out these Trails FC & SC updates, re: translation improvements (xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/159288714430/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-series-localization)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h3WPxZCDSPo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I love Klaudia

I was about to question why there was a new thread so soon, but then I noticed the image post number.

Jesus, Adol attacks like he's on a fucking crack in this game. I can already tell combat feels way more flowy though.

I know we've been spoiler happy these past few threads, but do avoid posting about them, without a proper tag.

I'll make you a favor this time

Who is the most deserving salt bolt candidate alive and why is it her?

Getting the good stuff now, Oath is amazing

We got a pre-patched Zwei 1 yet?

First time playing? Hahaha. Enjoy, Oath is absolutely fantastic. Leaving a trail of blood and gore in your wake never gets old.

We made it to 120!

Dogi, if you start getting so self aware about this stuff i'm gonna feel bad for you.

Now we need to make it to 145.

Witness the evolution of the Napishtim's engine

Don't worry, someone will challenge Adol on being on crack when attacking in that. You'll going to love every second fighting him.

I want to bully the Do Bully

I love how as the series goes on, Dogi starts becoming dangerously self-aware about how their adventures go.

He basically just spends Ys Seven cracking jokes about Adol's ability to sink boats, steal the hearts of damsels, and need a wall-punched.

Crow is husbando material.

How easy is it to run into this ore?

Also a terrible character, but that aside, is this where the huge waist belt fetish began?

Muh Crow~~~

His character needed to be fleshed out more, but it doesn't make him a bad character.

Regardless, design is top notch.

In the beginning not so much but as the level progresses you'll defintely get a lot

Calvard when?

Agree on the design, the character, not so much. They've been trying to flesh him out for the last 3 games and it's gotten nowhere.

>Solid as a rock

Dogi, get your ass over here.

>defeats gods

>can't take down doors

Is adol holding back?

His adventuring instincts force him to become weak every time he takes a ride on a boat.

For some reason this gave me way more trouble than what i was expecting. I really don't like bosses that limit the number of hits you do on them and give you a second to even hit them in the first place.

Is this Oath in Felghana or Celceta?

>Is that the best you can offer?

Adol is holding back/jobbing confirmed.

Oath

Oh nice. I've only played Naphishtim, Origins and Lacrimosa of Dana.

If you liked the Naphistim/Origin's type gameplay you owe it to yourself to play Oath, its easily one of the best Ys games.

It's a bit refreshing how in Ys 8 there is no main villain, it's just a bunch of castaways trying to survive a terrifying island.

Why the hell do nips love coattails so much? It makes you look super edgey

Well that was a fun boss, the precision jumping and paying attention to her moves and such. I got myself fucked over by panic jumping too early on her horizontal swipe a lot. If the first boss required this much attention on my part, i am wondering how future ones are gonna be.

You'll have lots of fun with all of them.

Except one. You'll know when.

What difficulty, btw?

Nightmare. I don't think i'd be dying this much if it was any lower.

Hahaha, my nigga. Best diff. And on the first time, too! I had to try on Hard first , and then raised to nightmare in the second playthru.

Have fun.

I've been doing nightmare only since i started playing from and forward Ys 1, dying a fucking lot, but it's still fun. Ark was probably the weakest one for me so far, and nothing yet came close to the level of bullshit that was Dark fact.

Next one i'll do is probably going to be Origin, been through 1, 2 and Ark so far.

Are you going to play Lacrimosa of Dana too?

The PC release yeah. I'll probably check some older ones if it strikes my fancy, but after Origin, i'm probably going to jump to 7.

Ao = Sen 3 > 3rd > Zero > SC = CS2 > CS1 > FC

Why isn't the holy beast of fire on the master card picture? Perhaps it's because it was already dead.

Watch out, this fucker means business.

>Those flowers
Wait a sec.

Did you get the ruby hidden in the mines to upgrade your fireball attack? Because that catches a lot of people out (usually people new to the series) who then give up on this boss for being quite tough.

And oh boy, you'll love the later ones. I think the final boss in Oath is one of my favourites, especially with how other games give you a moment of fridge logic as to what it actually is.

Every element has flowers attached to it. I wouldn't single out fire.
You might still be right but who knows

In before Ka-Fai is the divine beast of fire and he's passing on the Sept-Terrion knowledge to Rean with the true seventh form and unlocking the true ELOB is required to unlocking the Sept-Terrion of fire.

I didn't check out the upper part with the ruby at first because of the amount of flying enemies distracting me, and then i jumped down to kill the rest and moved forward. Once i noticed i was doing way too little damage to the boss, i thought something was wrong, backtracked and found the ruby.

Look at the man. He looks similar to Dreichels, who has a crown which makes a horn in the middle. Horned lions are connected to the royal family. It's a horned lion. Alternately, it's the king of the fairies.

youtube.com/watch?v=h3WPxZCDSPo Truly the best dad that there ever was

>guy gives his own heart to save his dying kid
ywn have a great caring dad like Osborne. Feels bad.

>My armor changes depending on what i'm wearing

Neat. I always like it when games add little attention to detail like that.

Also, for fuck sake, when the hell am i gonna run into a save spot in here?

fire and time facing each other

So, the main element in Calvard is time.

>Suddenly knife throwing no jutsu

I guess he wore his "only i can use magic against you" vest.

Juna is here to save the thread!

>This is the savior of Crossbell and Erebonia.

We're fucked with this 45 guys. Might as well have 45 written in her pantsu and bra.

>Noticed that if you stand about 3 steps away from him when he has his shield up he'll always follow up with a sword thrust

Fuck those ninja knives, he kept teleporting behind me and hitting me.

What pantsu? She doesn't wear any in that image.

Not in fanart, but she does wear one in-game.

What does jdk mean?

Java Development Kit

Who will win

Rufus

fug, it was all a lie, i was better off not knowing,

Osborne, his Keikaku is just that strong.

You'd think at some point he'd run of out things to plot about.

Fucking love me these Chester battles.. might reinstall just to fight him again

Do you think Cedric will die by the end of sen? Or are you expecting another redemption arc kiseki style?

Then he mindbroke him, killed his loli and mentor figures and made him the pariah that cursed the country.

It would have been kinder to just let him die as a child.

How would you woo her?

Before i am consumed by paranoia, are there any missable stuff in Oath? I've been talking to all NPCs just like i do in trails every time i get a dialogue reset, but i feel like i could still miss something.

Nah, as long as you talk to them you'll do fine. No dumbfuck book-like missables.

I feel like he's fucked if Osborne is stopped(which he will be )

He conspired with Osborne to harm his own citizens and murder his own brother, a fellow royal.

He'd be in deep shit when that gets out. He'd never be Emperor after that. And that's besides the point that he seems like he believes Osborne is legit and because he wants to be a powerful warrior so is Osborne's revealed to be intentionally setting himself up to fall to protect the country from the curse, Cedric will both probably reject this and be dragged down with him.

You know, that first boss was pretty fun, you know what isn't fun? A boss that barely leaves you room to hit it because it's moving around too fast, and can break his own neck to hit you with a fireball when you are hitting him.

Wait until next boss

eagerly awaiting your reaction to the boss after this one

>e thinks this was bad
Hoo boy.

Who is next on Randy's headpat list?

>the only enforcer we had on our team turns on us because alisa's dad is alive

Fuck. And i have a feeling she doesnt really particularly care about any of us and was just putting an act for the sake of her word in sen 1 and 2. She probably is a permanent enemy already.

Can we have dubully instead? She doesn't really fit ouroboros and cursing the whole continent probably wasnt alright with her.

Sharons pretty conflicted in the fight and is holding back. She'll likely die protecting Alisa in Last Sega.

I think the main issue i'm having is trying to damage it's tail. Everything else only deals 1 damage, and the tail is like 10 damage per hit, but all the sections keep blocking me from attacking the it. I can be right inside of his asshole slicing it, and it'll act like i'm hitting his his second to last section.

Also, he keeps running away, but if even dare try to follow, he'll just spam his fireball that goes where's you're moving to.

There's no recovering her smile anymore. Just let it go.

Dubully's triggered enough join flags so I think lots of people expect it. Sharon will obviously get away with it too. Everyone forgives bad guys too easily in kiseki and girls rarely if ever get punished let alone die.

Finally, jesus fuck. I had to go on the defensive to beat him because otherwise, he'd just keep spamming the fireball when i was too close to him. The best bet is to wait for the fire breath.

Her smile and optimism are gone.

I finished I and II and I'm almost done with the Yunica campaign for Origin but now I super hyped for Oath

She did geniunely like Alisa and co but for whatever damn reason like most of Ororborous the grandmaster is above all.

But as she points out, Rean and Alisa don't really need her anymore anyway. Rean's caught up at around her level (and beyond if he uses Shrek mode) and Alisa has her Orbal Gear. They don't need a ninja maid protecting them from Oroborous. They can do it themselves.

But it is kind of sad that basically Class 7's entire support network that was looking out for them in 2 either betrayed them or died.

You still got 2 other story paths for origin. 3rd one being the true ending.

yeah I know

I'm a little worried that I'm about to get Nier Automata japed though and that Hugos campaign will be the same as Yunica but with different dialogue

I think she just considers herself unworthy of continuing to be her maid due to the backstage scheming she did, towards Alisa and her mother. If it was about the grandmaster, she would have agreed with Bleublanc in Cs 2.

Boss order differs, encounters are different and dialogue is different too, but it's otherwise the same thing.

Was it backstage scheming with Irina when Irina knew everything?

Why does Aurelia love challenging Rean again and again? Is she helping him grow and improve or is she salty that Rean's the national hero and she's barely memorable? She seems reasonable throughout the game.

She's extremely chill, but a fighting freak too she loves to spar and improve herself. I think she basically just likes to challenge strong people, and in a way is helping Rean improve.

She likes fighting strong people, and is very competitive in general

Aurelia is what Laura would be if she was an interesting character.

Aurelia's just grown up Laura who has other duties that occasionally force her to hide her autism.

Just so i don't waste my time with these annoying slugs for no reason. Are the ones below this point guarding anything valuable? Or is it just a bunch of them?

Actually nevermind. I just boosted up and fucked them over. These things are still ungodly annoying, at least make them die in 1 hit from the wind Falcom, you end up losing half your health just to get out of the save zone.