US Election History

Was there a more "turning-point" kind of election in US, if not, world history? This election is at a cross roads between a recession of globalism vs. a heartful embrace.

I believe the future of the world will change drastically depending on who wins this elections. Surely this will land in one of the top 5 most important US elections in history.

Thoughts?

Any election in a parliamentary democracy is not an important one. Most of what Donald Trump wanted to do would have needed congress' consent which they would not have given.

The one with the civil war?

Oh yeah yeah, the Civil War WAS kind of important... but when OTHER than that has there been a bigger turning point?

You're retarded. The turning point of history was when the US became independent. If you think decisions are made single handedly by the president nowadays you're retarded. Trump isn't a fascist, he can't take the country in his own hands. He's a right-wing capitalist, and so is Clinton, so in effect there will be no difference.

>le moving teh goalpost

1860 you drooling retard, this year's election doesn't even scratch it.

Trump's a globalist and has personally profited from globalism.

He's a tax dodging con man telling you anything you want to hear.

OP here, this is my first post aside from posting the thread.

I said that this election would at least be in the top 5. Okay, so the election in 1860 was 1st.

1. 1860
2. 2016?

But what about the rest?

I don't like Trump but,
>tax dodging con man
describes every single person in politics and upper level business. Don't even try to pretend otherwise.

Sweetening the pot is one thing, going to west Virginia and saying you're going to bring back all of those jobs that have been made obsolete by technology is another...

You idiot, that post made by me imitating you was obviously a joke at your expense, no one actually thinks that it's you.

How about answering the God damn question?

Thanks for correcting the record. I hope she shares some of the 1 million thw qataris donated with you.

>le false equivalency meme

Anti-Globalism will not go away if Trump loses. Quite the contrary, Trump was a very bad and inarticulated advocate of nationalism, but he showed the way, someone better, more articulated and smarter will appear to occupy his place.

This. Democracy is a bad joke, especially in the USA.

>This election is at a cross roads between a recession of globalism vs. a heartful embrace.

It's really not. Instead it's decades of far-right nativism finally breaking with business-minded Republicans and giving the Democrats more reason to side with growing pro-Immigrant forces on the left after spending decades failing to get anything useful done on immigration pandering to the Republicans.

Reactionism will always exist, but conservative elements of government have typically lost out for most of history, because it is ultimately material conditions that drive society and the models society takes, not ideology.

>they think they can stop globalisation
>they think president has some magical powers that can override the preexisting legislature and stop the process of international integration

Nope.

No, he was talking about this one

>nope

10/10, sound rebuttal. Sure showed me. I'll never show my face around here again with your dialectic skill running the show.

I thought you would be able to recognize the greatest symbol of communist hubris.

Ah. Are you assuming I'm a communist? Thinking that society is primarily driven by material conditions isn't exclusive to them (nor is the concept of dialectic, before you give me shit about referring to something invented by Plato). It appears in both Hobbes and Spinoza. As I recall from the Aral Sea, they were pursuing a material necessity, and then material conditions forced them to take a different route.

You idiots are basically /pol/, instead of having historical discussion you get on soapboxes and proclaim your political ideologies with minimum argument. Here's a hint; it doesn't convince anyone.

Andrew Jackson's election was quite significant, as he was (is?) seen as a major democratic figure who emphasized the interests of the "common man." While I feel too cynical about Jackson's political decisions to say that he was a great president, I believe a great deal of our idea of democratic power can be traced back to him.

I hate that the stupid bitch Marion and Shinzo fucking Abe are considered the poster children of French and Japanese nationalism. Marion isn't even a candidate.

Good job showing ideology can't triumph over material conditions.

Teddy Roosevelt's presidency was a pretty big milestone, as he basically set the template for what the presidency would look like later, as both a major personality of the country and in the active political role they'd take.

Well, the point is, the Soviet Union, the leaders of progressive mankind, lost the Cold War. Anticlerical secularists lost the culture wars of the XIXth century in much of Europe. Latin America has also been very effective at politically fighting globalization (see the collapse of the FTAA proposal).

There is no guarantee of a globalist victory.

There is no guarantee of a globalist victory, but you're looking at it from the assumption of a whiggish end-point to history (which I should note is probably my largest objection to both communists and liberals). As long as there's an economic advantage to be had in globalism, globalism will be pursued because to not pursue it would be to hamstring your country and ensure its own political and economic irrelevancy. While there may be temporary setbacks, the anarchistic nature of international politics will ensure that countries grasping for an advantage will return to globalist economics so long as it is economically beneficial to do so.

People in the US are stupid if they think they can stop globalization by voting for trump. Ultimately technology will keep advancing at an ever more rapid pace; this will dictate the future more than some meme election.

I'm Latin American, so I'm familiar with countries willingly hurting themselves economically opposing globalism for political or cultural reasons.

Now imagine when Europeans and North Americans realize that in order to have free trade, they will have to share their countries with masses of Africans.

1968 was a bigger election as far as ideological differences go.

The main reason this election is so unusual isn't policy, it's that we've never really had a major party nominee as awful as Trump.

The question that will determine the history of the 21st century is: can technology advance at a faster pace than African demographic explosion?

Not even the most optimist globalist can seriously believe that a "Ecole Polytechnique" staffed by Malians and Ivorians will be able to help the world achieve technological singularity.

How about 1979? The US, along with most of the world, swung pretty far to the right.

>I'm familiar with countries willingly hurting themselves economically opposing globalism for political or cultural reasons.
Not him, but wouldn't that ultimately fail, causing a country to submit sooner or later? I think this happened with Argentina.

Sometimes globalists win elections or enact coups. They either fail (Macri is failing hard right now at his reforms), or, if they succeed, the wealth they create is just redistributed at the next round of populism.

It's funny how Democrats think they are geniuses for importing new voters in Latin America and setting up a one-party state that way. They don't know what is waiting for them when all these Hispanics realize they have the numbers to elect a populist demagogue of their own.

>that graph
I was talking with some bloke and for some reason I mentioned that Ethiopia has about 60 million people, he went "wtf dude, they have more than 100 million people" and I laughed at him because he was way off. I have a pretty good memory and I distinctly remembered them having 60something millions, you know?
Then I googled it and they did pass the 100 million mark recently, it was 65 millions in 2000. Eritrea too practically doubled its population since then despite the massive exodus. It's really unsettling to realize demographics are changing so fast in some countries.

>Not even the most optimist globalist can seriously believe that a "Ecole Polytechnique" staffed by Malians and Ivorians will be able to help the world achieve technological singularity.
Except for the fact that African (and Indian, and Chinese) immigrants who bother going to university are outperforming the natives?

And remember, these guys won't stay in Africa. Not when they see the pics of their cousin who went to Europe enjoying summer at Rimini with a blonde girl at his side.

They will all travel north. And under globalist hegemony, it will be unstoppable. Not even Latin America is safe.

Don't get me wrong. I like free markets and globalization, I wish I could set up a company in Uruguay and import shit from Japan as easily as if I was importing from Argentina. But if the trade-of from globalization is being swarmed by Africans. Sorry, but no, I'd choose protectionism and economic stagnation, please.

Why is it always about "dey take our womin!" worth you guys?

So you choose to go full North Korea because you don't want to see some black dudes kissing dumb bimbos. Are you retarded?

I saved a /pol/ origin story once, maybe it can shed light on the phenomenon:

"What initial experiences made you an avowed white supremacist/racist/whatever that would never see non-whites the same again?

For me it was the revelation one day that non-whites are capable of breeding with whites and actually do go and have sex with whites. I think I was around 14 or so at the time and it was 2007.

Somehow I lived most of my life in ignorance of this fact (I was homeschooled and I never knew any non-whites).

I always just assumed everyone sticks to their own race, that black goes with black, white goes with white, asian goes with asian, etc.

It was a complete shock to me one day when I learned about racemixing. It scared me and disgusted me, like a dog trying to fuck a cat.

Prior to that I respected non-whites at a distance and thought we could live together (but naturally segregated of course) and I kind of viewed non-whites like aliens in Star Wars and not like those species mixing aliens in Mass Effect.

The idea that someone might have sex with someone outside of their race never occurred to me. The idea that the desire on the part of non-whites to racemix with whites is so COMMON made me lose all respect for non-whites.

After that I really began to hate non-whites. I didn't want them having sex with men and women of my race and being in my country anymore. I soon learned that practically every non-white was disrespectful towards my race and wanted to racemix into it. This quickly turned me into an ardent racist.

Soon I found /b/ (in 2008) and for a few years I'd post racist memes and stuff on there and I'd look for other racists and read the stuff they would post and get more redpilled. At the time I was just racist for simple reasons and I didn't argue/debate much I just would make racist jokes and say racist things, I felt my race was under attack, and that was it."

Why no Xi?

"Then I found /new/ and got radicalised even more as I learned about the jew for the first time, something I was never aware of in my /b/tard days, and that is when I became an anti-semite as well and hating the jew.

Now /new/ is dead and there has been /pol/ and now this board of course and I have refined my redpill knowledge greatly. I have in-depth discussions about race that go well beyond simple memes and the reasons for my hatred have grown more complex now.

At the heart of it all though it comes down to non-whites coming into my nation and trying to wipe us out through miscegnation. I'd never have become racist if I lived in a society with apartheid where racemixing just didn't happen. In a way I was like those people who "had no concept at all of homosexuality" (such as my mother and grandmother for a good portion of their lives), like the idea of a man being sexual with another man, or a woman with another woman simply never occurred to them at all and was something they'd have never thought about as they assumed all men are attracted to women and vice versa. I assumed nobody racemixed. Finding out shocked me and realizing practically all non-whites would racemix with members of my race given the opportunity made me disgusted with them and hate them. The natural order of things has been upturned for me."

Yes, that's pretty much it, and I think a lot of people would agree with me.

I wouldn't be surprised, since the vast majority of people have sub-100 IQ.

>heh the white race is being bred out of existence but heh at least you get to buy plastic garbage from china for 50 cents less oh you can buy donner kebab from time to time from little Istanbul heh ain't it grand :^)

Andrew Jackson

I thought progressives didn't believe in IQ. How can you support mass African immigration and believe in IQ at the same time?

Besides, some of the countries with the highest IQ are very restrictionist, like Japan (and North Korea itself).

>>>/l/eftypol

Is this real or is it a parody?

"heh we're starving to death and we have to goosestep and salute the Leader every morning but heh at least i have the same skin color as my ancestors"

more turning point?
1860, 1800, 1932, hell, even 2000 arguably

That sounds like a pretty fake story a leftypol shill might've come up with.

For me, it started when I attended a largely multicultural highschool where every aspect of the melting-pot propaganda was plainly refuted. Everyone cliqued up and mostly shut out people of different colors.
And no, this wasn't some inner-city concrete jungle school. It was a prestigious place you needed to pass entrance exams to attend. About 20% of the student body was white and I went from being one of the more popular kids in junior high to being jaded as fuck and just eating lunch alone because I didn't want to play MTG with the only other white students (nerds).

sage for blog post

Not all nationalists are anti-globalist. Irish nationalists, for example, and Turkish nationalists are very pro-globalism.

Chinese are allies to the globalists. See how they hate Russia but don't hate China?

Why do people put so much value on a president?

It's congress who makes the laws.

I know this one was real

"And yeah, they have a hive mind. I've observed it myself, and I know plenty of other people in my coven that can confirm this behavior. I first encountered it when I first became redpilled. Deciding that I wanted to get some answers, I got a Jewish student at my university drunk enough that he passed out, and then dragged him back to my dorm to beat some confessions out of him. He didn't admit much, but a day later while he was still in my room, three other Jewish kids who I had never met before cornered me after class. They claimed they knew I held one of "their kind" hostage and the wounds I had given him, something they couldn't have possibly known without a form of hive mind. They told me if I didn't publicly recant, they would accuse me of anti semitism and have me arrested. Well, I ran, and to this day I'm still hiding from the Jew World Order"

>we'd be starving to death of only it weren't for the industrious Africans they are propping up our economy selling knock off wallets on tables in the street and selling heroin to preteens
nothing personnel kiddo

>literally just resentful of being unpopular in high school
>knows this, but still thinks it's justified

>How can you support mass African immigration and believe in IQ at the same time?
Well see, I encourage Latin America to import more Africans because according to my calculations, the upper tiers of African society actually have higher IQ than much of Latin America, since the mean Latin American IQ is mostly on the same level as half that continent. I think the influx of fertile, high-achieving educated elites characterizing contemporary African immigration to the Americans would do wonders to revitalize your moribund region.

The intellectual elite of Africa, the Igbo, have an average IQ of 103.

#thanksnothanks

>joining /b/ in 2008 to be unironically raycis
Sasuga newfags.

>according to my calculations, the upper tiers of African society actually have higher IQ than much of Latin America, since the mean Latin American IQ is mostly on the same level as half that continent

You're wrong.

>an average IQ of 103

Still better than /pol/. I'll take 103 IQ blacks over 93 IQ whites any day.

>a heartful embrace

Trump isn't heartful or friendly no matter how you try to spin him. Being an asshole is part of his image.

The Igbo are 30+ million people, and not all of them are "intellectual elites." There are Igbo downies and Igbo janitors as well as Igbo doctors (it's generally not the downies and janitors who emigrate.)
But they still have a higher average IQ than most of Europe.

Have you taken a long hard look at actual Latin American IQ scores?

The only turning point this is is a presidential candidate not being able to structure a coherent sentence and being blatant about GOP values rather than slathering them in dog-whistle euphemisms. I mean I know it's your first time being acutely aware of an election but at least do a few minuets of research you retard

>Harding-Cox election of 1920, income taxes are literally reduced from 65% to 20%
>1928, Hoover's win enabled the mass deportations of Southern and Eastern European migrants because of the red scare
>1972, Nixon's win and Kissinger's backhanded bullshit continued the Vietnam war, resulting in more loss of American life than Trump or Clinton's win ever will
>Reagan's 1980 and a drastic change of American foreign policy leading to both domestic economic problems that continue today and catalysed the collapse of the Soviet Union

Are you retarded? The media has been unabashedly bashing China since Hu Jintao left. Xi's been trying to increase domestic consumption, weaken trade deals and make pacts with central Asia rather than across the world. The globalists loathe him.

Turkish nationalists aren't pro-globalism. Only Turkish edgelords on Veeky Forums are

Why can't the alt right realise the world isn't a fucking Hollywood movie of isolationist straight heroic men vs globalist satanist bankers

What even is "globalism"? Just the internationalizing effects of liberal capitalism?

>Upper tiers

Growing up being completely impoverished and having no need to exercise abstract thinking like the overwhelming majority of the African continent of course will result in retardedly low IQs, but the upper class aren't

Latin America is already controlled by a high IQ elite and would have nothing to gain from "elite" Africans who have the average IQ of a European. Igbo should stay in Africa were having 103 IQ is sufficient to rise to the elite.

#goaway

Do you people really believe much will change with either person getting elected?

I don't know, Larry King says he's a nice guy, at least in private.

>Babby's first election.

Awww did da mean people scare you with their shouting? Such a precious child.

This is fucking hilarious

Globalism means politics on a global scale rather than a national scale. So basically the opposite of isolationism. You can be nationalistic and globalist, as many colonial powers were.

In current usage, globalism is really shorthand for the globalizing economy based on cheap imports and offshoring jobs.

'Outperforming' in what sense?

I'm not going to recount specific anecdotes on a Malaysian Paint-Drying BBS, but it's where my programmed liberal sensibilities began to crack.
Whereas the other story is just "I hate niggers blah blah blah niggers are like space aliens".

Africans who come here are very high IQ

Lynn and Vanhannen aren't exactly the most reliable sources (they actually upheld their ridiculous 59 IQ claim in spite of all criticism), but more than that the alarming colors exaggerate the scale of the differences. They should have stuck to a blue-white or maybe blue-yellow gradation
Latin American IQ is in the 80s while African IQ is in the low 80s and high 70s (which is incomprehensibly stupid already) with some exceptions in wartorn shitholes, but the upper classes in the more successful Africa countries are indeed more intelligent that the average Latin American.

More educated professionals is always great

It will not change much,

Trump = More badly planned wars for private gain at public expense
Clinton = More badly planned wars for private gain at public expense

Trump = Vocal hatred from the rest of the world is cool again.
Clinton = Barely concealed hatred from the rest of the world is cool again.

If Clinton then we pretend everything is alright and then make it horrible to ensure re-election on the same platform; 'Fuck this shit, systemic racists are keeping you down. BTW nuanced nuance, nuanced nuance, CTR crimestop.'

If Trump we pretend everything is horrible and then make sure it is horrible to ensure reelection on the same platform; 'Fuck this shit, rigged system keeping me down. BTW Lincoln is not my one true Republican. Streets gotta be running with the cement of the wall. American Dream not MAGA ok...britty gud hombre is best benis in anus winning again.'

The course is the same, only the meaning changes this time.

Inb4 Guantanamo Bay still open for business in 2020.

Also, both of Jackson's runs were consequential as they were a referendum on banking regulation. Jackson wanted to castrate the financial powers that be even if it meant economic war with the wealthy. And the corrupt bargain between Henry Clay and John Quincy revealed their party to be dangerously oligarchic and corrupt.

Lincoln's election also broke the country in two. So time will tell, but I just don't see that happening this year.

That chart is wrong.

The growth population rate has been steadily falling worldwide. And the African rate as well, in the last decade. World population will stabilize around 10 billion.

Moreover, the capitalism growth rate is around 3,5% percent. World population grows at a 1,something rate, and falling. There's still a lot of room for economic growth and global expansion of capitalism. Eventually, it will stop as well, but we have a few more decades.

A political setback in the western world is not going to stop the process. Now that capitalism has been fully unleashed in the world most populated areas, the rest of the world will increase their economic ties with them. A Trump victory will be just a temporary setback.

That's certainty not his electoral persona

>my anecdotes are objective reality for everyone else too!

What I hate is the conspiratorial attitude that some cabal of """globalisists""" is deliberately behind the connectedness of the world, rather than the admission that such connectedness is inevitable under liberal capitalism

What you're apparently incapable of comprehending is that a 103 average IQ for Igbos means their elites should be way smarter than the upper class of a country like Guatemala (84 average IQ according to Lynn) or even Argentina (93 IQ). It's not the elites who have 103 IQ, it's supposedly the average Igbo, which means the Igbo as an ethnic group have European intelligence.
Igbos should rule Guatemala for the same reason European whites or East Asians should.

Would you really trust Dr. Jajibwe M.D. from Lagos school of medicine to do as good of a job treating your cancer as Dr. Kazner M.D. from Buenos Aires school of medicine?

Didn't think so.

Those are both third world shitholes, not a very good example

/thread

>comparing Igbo average iq to national average iq of Argentina
go away idiot, your comparison would only be valid if you compared the elite of Argentina to the Igbo (the elite of Nigeria)

>According to census data, almost 40% of Nigerian Americans hold bachelor's degrees, 17% hold master's degrees, and 4% hold doctorates, more than any other ethnic group in the nation.[10]

>Many cite a combination of factors that have contributed to the large number of educated Nigerians in America. Seeking chances for better job opportunities and economic stability has led many educated Nigerian professionals to migrate to America over the years. Similarly, the Diversity Lottery Program increased the number of Nigerians who were able to receive visas in America to study. Finally, Nigerian culture has long emphasized education, placing value on pursuing education as a means to financial success and personal fulfillment.

>A disproportionate percentage of black students at elite universities are immigrants or children of immigrants. Nigerian immigrants have the highest education attainment level in the United States, surpassing every other ethnic group in the country, according to U.S Bureau Census data.[13] Harvard University, for example, has estimated that more than one-third of its black student body consists of recent immigrants or their children.[14] Other top universities, including Yale, Princeton, Penn, Columbia, Duke and Berkeley, report a similar pattern.

They're also in the top 5 American ethnic groups when it comes to income and other economic metrics.

Globalism means a centralized government at global scale. You can be pro-capitalism and anti-globalist, and even pro-globalist and anti-capitalist (like many commies are).

tfw hardly anybody who IQ posts knows or cares about the Flynn Effect, and the fact that an IQ in the 80s by current standards is equivalent to around 100 by 1930s standards.

I wouldn't trust a South American degree any more than an African degree personally

Never doubt the power of a man willing to agitate the masses as relentlessly as Trump

>Igbo
>population: 32 millions (in Nigeria)
>Argentina
>population: 43 millions
Why can't I compare two populations of similar size exactly?

>the elite of Argentina
Given that the average IQ over there is 93, I don't think your elites are that brilliant.
Besides, Latin America seems to have no problem letting Lebanese elites (average IQ in Lebanon: 82) rule over them, so why not Africans?

It's not really a conspiracy theory when the actors involved admit what they are doing, is it?