Why is it okay to feel nostalgia for any decade you want as long as it's not the 1950s...

Why is it okay to feel nostalgia for any decade you want as long as it's not the 1950s? Does white families living in the suburbs really trigger people that much?

You can feel nostalgia for whatever you want, you idiot, but who'd want to live in a society where smoking was considered good for you?

Because I smoke anyways and the suburb I live in is being overrun with heroin pushing Salvadoran gang members.

>Why is it okay... as long as it's not the 1950s?

according to whom?

good point, I forgot about smoking, I can barely stand vaping

Nobody said it was good for you jackass. You're breathing smoke into your lungs. What, did you think that was healthy?

Smoking is about embracing our own mortality and controlling our own inhibitions. Its about exercising restraint and letting the beast out for a walk every once and while.

So? That doesn't relieve you from the fact that your physician (and by extention; society) is a retard.

Stupid post. Metaphorical sage.

>Why is it okay to feel nostalgia for any decade you want as long as it's not the 1950s?
Says who?

We have nostalgia police now?
>But da libruls le told me dat it wasnt what I thinkit it was!
Nigga everyone will tell you it wasnt what you thought it was whatever period you're being nostalgic for. Most of Nostalgia is rose tinted glasses bullshit anyway.

>Most of Nostalgia is rose tinted glasses bullshit anyway.

You take that back, Morrowind is infallible

Everything the liberals consider bad about the 50s are actually good though.

Nobody likes nostalgiafags

But since you're a special snowflake it's obviously a conspiracy against you

>Lobotomies aren't barbaric
>Radiation is harmless

We knew radiation wasn't harmless, and most of those lobotomies were to protect powerful people accused of pedophilia and incest.

>Lobotomies aren't barbaric

they aren't

>Radiation is harmless

radiation literally permeates the universe

It was the best the science could come up would at the time, anti psychotics and sexual reassignment surgery will be viewed in the same light 50 years from now.

>The Year 3535
>Not taking your mandated dopamine regulation chemical.

>Why is it okay to feel nostalgia for any decade you want as long as it's not the 1950s?
Why is it okay to feel nostalgia for any item of clothing you want except the fedora?

Does people taking care of their appearance and trying to look classy trigger people so much?

Nobody credible said this at any time nor was it widely believed in society.

The early 20th century was much better, you pleb.

>wants to go back to a time filled with even more pedophilia and incest than today

Feel the Smoke

>implying that's bad

Why is it okay to feel nostalgia for any decade you want as long as it's not the 1090s? Does Christian princes ruling in the Holy Lands really trigger people that much?

i'd prefer doctors smoking than mass civil unrest

There was mass civil unrest in the 1950s.

Heeeyyyy buddy. I heard you like to explore.

>mass civil unrest
You live a very charmed life user. I can tell.

Because it was an artificial decade. While Americans may have loved the 1950's, I assure you that everyone else around the world did not. For the rest of the world, it was a time for rebuilding and shit.

America basically won the geographic lottery and the 1950's are a part of that.

Nobody says this. It only becomes a big to do when people go beyond feeling nostalgia and start acting like the 1950s were some eden like utopia.

>Does white families living in the suburbs really trigger people that much?
White families still live in the suburbs.

I have not once ever heard this.
Where the fuck do you live?

>most of those lobotomies were to protect powerful people accused of pedophilia and incest

or people who crossed paths with Walter Freeman

>medicating kids and changing their sex isn't barbaric

>Muh suburbs.
Oh no, maybe you'll have to move somewhere you have to walk.

You can huff lead on your own time still, if you like.

As an American the 1950s America just feels so fake to me. I don't know why.

why was it artificial?

not disagreeing

Because lynchings of blacks, Jews, and other non-Whites was at an all time high.

And there was an active campaign of political suppression and intimidation disguised as a Communist witch hunt, which violated the First Amendment in many ways.

And segregation and Jim Crow in the South.

Basically, the 50s in America were a shit time to be alive if you were a non-White or politically outspoken in anyway.

Lobotomies where the best psychiatrists could do to pacify violent patients before antipsychotics and certain sedatives were invented. Obviously the procedure was abused in many cases but lobotomies were legitimate cutting edge medicine. They're not barbaric, just obsolete.

Because violent crime against Whites was at an all time high.

And there was an active campaign of political suppression and intimidation disguised as a anti-Racist witch hunt, which violated the First Amendment in many ways.

And safe spaces in the universities.

Basically, the 10s in America were a shit time to be alive if you were White or politically outspoken in anyway.

The eternal Aussie enjoyed the 50s more than anyone else on the planet. High prices for natural resources, boom in manufacturing and the only political witch hunts were against known Communists.

Because we remember the 50s between two polar viewpoints, the advertisers portrayal of the 50s as a prosperous utopia, and the revisionists view of it as a repressive police state.
The reality was it was between the two extremes. More American became more materially prosperous, while the minority who would not conform found themselves worse off than before.

Actually, we here in the Philippines enjoyed the 50s even if we got #shrekt by the WWII.

Largely because only Manila was destroyed while much of the country was left alone.

Philippines only became shit in the late 60s.

God damn I hate this Jewish shill board sometimes. OP made a very relevant point, whenever someone posts about the positives of the 1950s compared to the dystopian age we currently live in all we see is 50+ replies about how the 50s was shit or that the time we live in now is soooooo much better.

Fuck you kikes!

Daily reminder the 50's had more sympathy for kikes than today.

Calling someone a Jew or Jewish i.e being greedy was a very offensive insult.

Then you're a moron with no sense of scale. Lung cancer is infinitely more deadly and destructive than people chimping out in the streets.

Pretty sure cigarette butts have also reduced more land to ash by starting fires than all the angry colored people in history put together.

Doubtful since the abos (an angry coloured people) scorched an entire continent

proto vaporwave

Still is. No one likes being called a jew

>in history
Prehistoric cavemen don't count.

Conservatives who supposedly "long for the 50s" are actually just arguing for a different future direction than what the Neoliberal Left wants.
Now the latter doctrinally hold that the future always means progress so it's only natural to claim that the opposition is backwards and living the past. The past is Evil except those bits that helped it Progress.

This explains both the useage of slurs like "Dreaming of a Golden Age that never was" and the desire to impede the study of history and only seek to teach politicized versions of specific events and times.

Still history m8 don't move the goalposts

>violent crime
don't most nigs kill each other?

>1950's
>no civil unrest

>Republicans control both houses and the presidency.
>It's not okay to have nostalgia for the 50's.
Persecution complex much?

Dont confuse the Republicans of that era with the shitheads we have today.

Modern America is fucking great to be white in you fucking moron. Being a minority in America still fucking sucks albeit a little less than in the 50s.

>dwight tried to warn us about the MIC
why didn't we listen?

>the minorities who would not conform

speaking of revisionist views and cognitive dissonance

But you've all just proven OPs point, he mentions the 50s and you all go on tangents about stupid shit like smoking or segregation just to be edgy.

because civil rights are objectively better now than they were then, the world is a better place now and americans are more prosperous now than they were during the 50s.

Okay, well nobody here is black and I'm unemployed.

well shit user.
Hope you find a job that allows you to funpost.
I am brown, so I suppose that counts somewhat.

>Neoliberal Left

I always feel nostalgic about the old west in the 1800s and think western expansion is the best part of American history. But I can never talk about it because you always get ridiculed for supporting slavery or the killing of Native Americans.

I too enjoy revisionism

agreed, that was the true era of the surrealist and absurdist artists.

And cubist and futurist.

the 40s is mostly out too, and no one gives a shit about the 30s

t. white man with a stable income

>nostalgia
>for something you never experienced in the first place

???

My thought exactly.

>americans are more prosperous now
Yes thats due to white people, nonwhites have contributed jackshit to America at all, remove whites and America turns into third world shithole overnight.
>because civil rights are objectively better now
Yes now that african jungle savages can openly attack us and victimize us without being lynched on the spot HOW WONDERFUL.
> Being a minority in America still fucking sucks
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION

Libshits hate nostalgia in general. Everyone in the past was a racist/sexist and they never did anything better than they do now.

Yeah, I'm pretty white and this doesn't hold up famalam