Ok. Im done with college in three weeks, two years experience and I'm dropping out because it's just not for me...

Ok. Im done with college in three weeks, two years experience and I'm dropping out because it's just not for me. Im 22-and my parents agreed to let me stay here until up to my 30th birthday. I plan on working two fairly low paying jobs up until then and then leaving I should be 30-years old and have 100-150k at the end of it.

I was thinking about either buying a franchise site or some rental homes. Any advice?

Are you stupid? You go to the trouble to get a degree and you quit right before you get it. I'm about to graduate too and I have mental problems probably that need to be resolved but I still know that getting my degree is the best thing for me right now.

>high paying jobs require a degree
>if i were to drop out now and eventually go back for a degree, it would be harder starting even my last semester over than just toughing out the next four weeks.

Even though I've realized I don't like my field, my best option is to finish my degree and hopefully someday (sooner than later I'm sure) I can find a niche I enjoy. I'm scrambling for a high paying job offer and the best thing I have rn is a call center contract at 20$/hr that's only 3 months or a high end grocery

>Im 22-and my parents agreed to let me stay here until up to my 30th birthday.

Wow, how did you get them to sign that contract?

Get some nice kneepads boii

2 years isnt even close and it sounds like school was a waste for you if thats all there is available and you hate it.

No. It was just asked how long I planned to stay and work since this is a plan with no real end and 30 was decided by everyone to be the reasonable limit

dont you think you might regret spending the best years of your life shacked up with your parents?

I definately will, but I cant afford school and this may be my only opportunity to make something of myself

You could have finished school, if you couldn't handle that easy shit then what makes you think you have the wherewithal to be a landlord?

You have some growing up to do man. Good luck.

You dont know what I did or how well I did it.

I said it was because I seriously cant go because of funding

Those two things are barely related

And quit your "grow up" holier than thou bullshit. This is probably a more adult decision than youve ever made. I just want a second opinion from some reasonably informed people

Join the military homo.

Already did, I was kicked out of the Marines for wanting to suck start my rifle. I talked to a pastor and he ratted me out

Damn dude. What type of discharge did they give you?

For anyone considering joining the military but you may be suicidal, please for the love of God join a cushy branch like the Navy.

lol, perferct.

I had no shit clue what i wanted to do, so I started working at UPS. If you work night shift they pay for a few classes. Did 3 years there, was putt'n in time to drive a truck ..get 45K. Took some computer classes and now i make the touchscreens that are putting McDonalds employees out of work. UPS is in every fucking city in the USA

I was headed to the military btw until i found out some factory jobs will pay for jr college classes. You are in the exact situation i was. i started part time college @25 ..now im 33 and will be done in december ..already at a firm that does touchscreens ..and other stuff. Look at the niches bro ..i been there

General under honerable.

I may even go back to school idk. Im just worried about how leaving and coming back will make me look. Fucking my Gpa (2.7) working so much on top of that. Idk, I feel like with that I'll end up being one of those guys with a bachlors working a highschoolers job

>should be 30-years old and have 100-150k at the end of it.
if you graduated college you could have that much by the time youre 26

WHile i was at UPS i did my general courses at city college. did shitty in alot of things and had to retake alot of classes (most colleges let you retake 3 or so).

I did my generals at city college on purpose. You, nor I, am the first person in this situation ..average fucking white american rural male. When you transfer from city to Uni ..your GPS doesn't follow you. I did well in like the 18 classes i took at Uni, and put a 3.0 on my resume. ..work the system.

*GPS = GPA

Do you know if previous GPA follows you if I did take a break to recoup funds and go back?

I know my school hides the first grade if I retake a class but it still worries me.

Im a super cautious guy when it comes to my future not being being seen as successful is my only fear really

>
I'll share with you my collegiate journey. I started at University of KY doing shit i hated and did bad in school ..then the fucking recession hit.

I dropped out, started at UPS ..took some computer courses at the local city college. new gpa.

I want to go to engineer program now. can't go to UK cuz i fucked my GPA (still on record). I apply to University of Louisville an hour away (i move ..whole other shit story). again ....new GPA.

...i'm fucked for grad school though ..they look.

..but technically i have a good GPA at new school, so i put it on resume ..get job. thats the short of it.

its also important to note that i took my fucking time. I started college 8 fucking years ago. I chose a field that's general but in demand. i also went with basic computer shit (not the fancy stuff ..factory tech).

also ..i should stress how important UPS was. I worked nights, took like 1 or 2 classes at a time cuz i didn't give a fuck. ....and had a backup plan as a truck driver ..just put in the union hours. The right oportunity just happened to come along ...after loading hot ass trucks for 3.5 years. ..you have time. look for a place that can lead other places ..don't flip burgers. ..i started looking at the military ..then looked at factory jobs ..found UPS night benefits package.

I work in basic automation now ..i'm talking touch screens that you fuck with at walmart type of stuff. Its in demand right now with low level wages going up slowly across the country.

Damn man. We really are alike.

Im going for EE and that college plan looks like about where I'm headed. Even about three hours from Louisville

damn thats close. I'll keep going then. ...my family couldn't pay for college ..but they could *help with rent. So i said ...i'll work my ass off on the night shift to pay for college ..if you can help with rent. My mommy loves me and agreed.

PAY ATTENTION: ..since you close
>at U of L, they have a *very unique coop program
>one of like 5 of its kind
>they get you your first job (Speed School only)
>HOW? fuck me HOW?
> ..3 required coops to get the degree
> HOW? fuck me HOW?
>Louisville has a fuck mess of factories that need cheap smart. unique location
>got real job (coop then part-time) after 5 semester of computer school

For any poor fucker that reads this i'll also note that UPS factories in Louisville and Chicago will pay your whole college bill if you slave nights ..4-5 hour shifts.

back of a 120 degree Fahrenheit truck ...loading boxes ...start at 11pm get off at 3 or 4 am. Physics at 8 or 9am.

Thats the hell that awaits any poor fucker that chooses this path.

Going to Louisville seems like a long shot right now. With me being two years from graduating normally and that program taking two years.

I'll definitely use the the changing schools part though, my long time GF lives in Jackson so maybe we can get engaged and roommate while I go to Jackson state for the last two semesters or so.

Ill still have to find a job to get some money together for maybe a year or two, I'll be sure to harass the fuck out of UPS.

I'll look into more info and come up with a plan later, I've got to study for and exam for tomorrow right now so the thread will probably be kill by the time I come up with details.

Thanks though man, I feel a thousand times better knowing it can turn out alright. I dont want to waste my youth living here slaving double shifts.

Any last minute pieces of advice before I go?

sure. I started UPS at my small hometown farm community. They gave me 2G for classes (like 1 a semester). From what i understand that is the basic package. Package upgrades at bigger factories, LOuisvllle and Chicago pay for it all.

last advice: tech fields and medical don't care how old you are. ..only if you have the skill needed at the job (which i took my fucking time to get). im 33 and still not graduated but i work. I check factory equipment and write touchscreens. I fly all over the USA, cuz the factory don't come to you. ..its not a race. Find whats in demand. ...generally

>1. start with computer shit
>2. look for computer-shit + factory job.
>3. comprimise

>Im a super cautious guy when it comes to my future not being being seen as successful is my only fear really

Get over this. Seriously. You'll never make it if you're too afraid to try.

>turn o
I was scared as fuck cuz i didn't know what to try. To many people go down from bullshit schemes and unwanted babies in alot of communities. ..or are a product of the above mentioned.

..where this fucker and i are clearly from.

"Get over this" != advice || experience

..also @22 i had a business degree and had interned at a THE WORLD TRADE CENTER ...of kentucky. ....world is shit. college is shit. school is lies.

I misread. I thought you said you were 3 weeks away from graduating.

You have time to change your major to a semi related field for minimal graduation time loss? That's what I did. Although I wish I switched to something else and ate the extra year of school time it would require.

Who knows where life will take you, but quitting before you finish something doesn't look good.

What's your degree?

Fuck that shit. I did ups and was a jack of all positions. I unloaded 4 trucks a night by myself but as time pass and my checks looked like shit I started slowing down. I quit a couple months and joined Amazon. Way better in my opinion

Is only Veeky Forums full of retards or is it this whole generation?
I will never understand this "hurr durr I don't know what to do" but you will accept being treated like shit and working yourself to the bone for 2 shit minimum wage jobs.

I am serious when I say this, but if your generation is this dumb to live a quality life then kill yourselves. I'm glad I was born in a normal family with high standards where my parents actually had a thought before they made me.
I cry for the children which were born out of this generation of unconscious idiots.

What do you lad? If you don't mind me asking

Lawyer degree, I was a lawyer for about 6 years then I stopped that and joined a political party while also working at a comfy job at a power plant as my main job. On the side I handle bees now, I catch swarms and grow them into beehives then sell them.

how do people still think like this
they're obviously not the best years of your life
you have no best years

So you're on the other side of the spectrum then. It's funny really, you can be like op and work like he does or end up like you but at the end we still browse this Chinese recipe sharing site together

>half way done
>decides to drop out because is too much of a pussy to put in the effort for a degree
>plans on working a mcjob until he is 30
You are a pathetic waste of life. Stop being a little bitch.

seriously? I can get 100k in two years. The fuck man, just get a higher paying single job.

Yeah, the last generations that did funny things like letting in millions of welfare leeches into nearly ever western country or telling their six year old boy his actual gender is "fairy" and let a doctor cut that boys balls off were so much smarter