MORE GRILL LORDS HOPEFULLY SOON edition

Mortal Empires is OUT:

Blood and Gore:
store.steampowered.com/app/594591

How the Combined Map works
totalwar.com/blog/mortal-empires
totalwar.com/blog/mortal-empires-with-ian-roxburgh

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/uGj4AUHR (embed) (embed) (embed)
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN (embed) (embed) (embed)
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?1553-Total-War-Warhammer-II-Modifications

>History information:
totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-07-06-17
totalwar.com/blog/a-total-war-saga-announce-blog
Summary:
Saga title is a spiritual successor to Rome 2. Some are guessing the map will be Britannia.
Campaign pack coming up for a past history title, probably Rome 2.
Next big history game is a setting they've never done before. Will feature "important character relations that occur between the major personalities in the game."

Previous:

Has anyone seen estalia survive more than 15 turns? They always seem to get fucked over

Were any of the old races significantly changed for the new combined map?

My first ME game as Helves they were gone by turn 20. Feet Queen gobbled them up.

ROADAROLLADA

Did she kill them or merely settled in their ruin? They seem unable to survive the beastmen that start there

>played frogs, edgelves and try out high elves

Is it just me, or are high elves pretty much a historical faction, not looking too closely at magic?

It's just so cozy having battlelines and great archers. I don't feel like I need to use fancy gimmicks to pull out victories, instead I'm just using basic battlefield tactics. Ulthuan is way too easy though, the trading income is insane even on Legendary.

Don't know. She was already there by the time I discovered.

SHIRUBA CHARIOTTSU

Beastmen hordes need to either spawn less or be gimped because they fucking wreck everything so early in the game.

Why don't the Old World lords get to use the new cool fighting animations

They just flail at each other like retards

bret genocide, best day of my life

delet zis

plz no dwarfs

How can other races even compete?
Also
Rider>Saber

>beastman attacks and bullies noble bretonnians and their peasants
Typical.

>Play Carcassonne
>Move two step north
>Khazrak come running from the south raze a settlement and disappear
I hate them so fucking much

>Swordmasters of Hoeth are merely called "Sword Masters"

Why are you russians so lame at translating stuff?

How come the total war designed from a tabletop multiplayer game has so few of its users playing multiplayer?

In my Malekith campaign im playing now they fucking razed Hag Graef and destroyed Morathi so now I can't confederate with her
Funny enough they left me alone but ffs

No idea. But hey, it's not norsca-dlc-tier.

>aghol destroys solo all the AI dark elf factions in the north because three norscan outposts can afford 10 stacks of vikangz
>when you're forced into hunting their shitty stacks and rebellions 18 chaos warrior armies spawn and beeline for you

Was that when the guy who had to do the flavor text just put some insults in one of them?

yosss

Yes.

Speaking of Malekith when I checked on his ME campaign I noticed that a lot of settlement in naggaroth had unsuitable climate now, what's up with that?

They combined several provinces.

It's manageable except when chaos corruption gets too high.

It's mostly the norsenigger provinces and a couple of mountainous ones. Then again I have a mod installed that changes it so I don't know

rollin

migrated Teclis to the rightful Elven Colonies, and noticed the uggos share animations with the waifus.

>Tomb Kings still not announced.

because people play H2H, or generally suck at MP and go back to their easy campaign. FFA was a great chance for scrubs to have some fun but not many people bothered with it.

so how do i fight for ze lady?

Wait so, you want high corruption as MOMMY but 0 as mommas boi? How do they coexist?

>no Elspeth von Draken
>no Bertha Bestraufrung
>no Lucrezzia Belladonna
>no Repanse de Lyonesse
>no Naestra and Arahan, Sisters of Twilight
>no Drycha
>no Ariel, Avatar of Isha
>no Crone Hellebron
>no Valkia the Bloody
>no Dechala the Denied One
>no Alarielle the Everqueen
>no unique Princess Eldyra squire hero for Tyrion
>no Tzarina Katarin
>no Queen Khalida Neferher
>no Neferata
>no unique Geneviève Dieudonné hero for Lahmians
Are CA fucking *SEXIST* or something?!

Marienburg
Horses
Farms

Lets be honest, CA is never going to release the update for norsca, RORs, old world LL trees etc. Its not happening

does anyone have the picture of someone (i think it was orion) calling mannfred von carstein short?

Sure. Never ever. I think it's better for all of us to go back to history now.

>Click on Phoenix Guard
>No sound
CA, WTF?!!?!?

The disappointment of ME has made me a hisfag. WHENS THE NEXT FUCKING GAME

It doesn't seem like your tests are very reliable.

I'm just getting into this stuff. What's so wrong with Mortal Empires?

Hopefully they will get new animations as part of a redone foundation update.

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

It's boring because it's the same old starting positions, also the AI is retarded

>Not building memestacks and fucking around in MP for shits and giggles.

CA made a patch that fixed up most of what was wrong with the old WH1 lords months ago

It's not (yet) in ME.

I'm overly afraid of getting my ass kicked

>like a factions roster
>Hate the way they play in campaign
What's her name/vg/?

>trying to play as a gud boi elf
>making friends with all the friendly people
>going to war to defend the friendly people
>lose city due to some chaos faggots spawning right next to it
>clean up chaos dudes while in the middle of two wars
>friendly fellow elf comes up
>"Oh my god, a free city to colonize xDD"
>"Right in the middle of my favorite ally's territory too!"

Are Chaos Knights good? I liked them on tabletop.

Did they break Beastmen in ME?

When picking the Gorebull's unique lord upgrades, normally you have to spend 3 points then get the final upgrade.

I found out you can put ONE point in, then get the level 4. And have both buffs.

So for example you can take the melee attack one, get +6 melee attack, then the level 4 buff, and have +16 melee attack and 34% charge bonus.

You can also upgrade the first one to level 2 (for +12 melee attack) and you get BOTH BUFFS, so you get +38 melee attack and 36% charge bonus, but if you level the first block to 3, you ONLY get the 4th level, so you get +16 melee attack and 36% charge.

Same applies to the army ones, like recruitment cost. You can get -7% (level 2) and -18% (level 4) and they both stack on your summary and you have -25% recruitment cost, but ugrading to level 3 only gives you level 4's bonus.

That's why you pick Bloodline of Aenerion

Fuck the other elves, they're just hindering you

RRROOOOLLLL

That's goin in the book

>Tfw they got rid of Shoguns multiplayer system.

Absolutely degenerate, imagine being able to costumize your own armies generals and traits.

Yeah. Really comfy faction. I like their looks too.
Too bad that there is no more historic like mods with more support like lords and generlas and less monster spam and more just humanoid units fighting regular battles.
BTW you are not suppose to unite island by force just by diplomacy.

>want to play ME
>also want to wait until they patch game 1 LLs and add Norsca
>probably wont happen for weeks

Life really is about suffering, isn't it?

Yes, they're among the best cavalry in the game. Not as crazy as Blood Knights, but nothing is.

I also think people underutilize Chaos chariots and chariots in general but honestly in SP you can just spam Chosen and win easy

>they got rid of Shoguns multiplayer system

Thank fuck for that. One of the few good things they did.

Still dont know how people get VH/Leg done as Tyrion on ME unmodded, half of the island got Aversion and i start off with a war with two factions.

should've revoked their military access beforehand. I always revoke those after whatever war they're fighting is over

Hm. How do you force undead who are actually dead now to make some labor?
Damn elven magics.

They are the most "standard" faction to play. The closest thing they have to a gimmick is they have hybrid units you need to swap between ranged and melee sometimes and their only weakness is their units are a bit squishy, but that doesn't matter too much.

Their unique influence thing is a positive 99% of the time, unlike the Delves and rats that get almost as much negative as positive from their gimmicks, and their only real weakness is a limited selection of AP ranged units.

Basically, its hard to fuck Helves up.

Now skaven, if they didn't have warpbombs and broken summons they would be borderline awful outside of doomwheels and artillery spam.

*presses end turn*

>Recruiting a unit that takes several turn
>Only one army
>nothing to build

>mfw turn time is almost no different from the first game

Legendary story:
Make buddies with Yvresse and Cothique, everyone else is buttmad.
Kill Saphery, Tiranoc and Caledor duke it out,
Pick off Caledor's remnants, fuck up Ellyrion and Tiranoc relations with influence (aversion affects them too) and make them fight each other, pick off Tiranoc, send Tyrion to slap Morathi and take Quintex before she gets too strong while a new army keeps things at hand home
Yvresse and Cothique removed Skaelings (and later Scourge of Khaine and Sartosa)
I took the averse kindoms one by one and confederated Cothique and Yvresse once they started fighting Malekith and Vampire Africa and lost some armies, was smooth sailing from there

>haven't played campaign as empire since WH1 came out
>chaos invasion is all of a sudden 5 factions
>kholek and his abominations tear right through Boris's infantry like paper while franz watch from across the river
>Archaon and KAWKAW still behind the initial doomstacks

It seems so. I think I made the concession later in the thread that, for some reason, the AI sometimes halts their charge just before contact which severely skews the results, at least in my tests, apparently.

So, I suppose, you could disregard them entirely. At least the cavalry tests. I haven't found the same to be true for the Lord vs Lord tests.

I got banned from gbf for spoofing burgers

Why are buildings for Bret so fucking expensive?

After every battle, I imagine how the survivors react to be slaves to panzees.

Why would that prevent you from watching GBF?

And, to continue, I think the only way to reliably test this using custom games is by getting a good co-op buddy so you can set up identical formations to charge in a straight line into each other.

How can other skinks even compete?

doing their job

God this game looks like shit sometimes.

BRUTALLY KUNNIN

Why the fuck do they not show starting positions in the LL select screen.

How do you fuck up something so simple.

should have been a good boi like franz

he means the shitfest that is the mobage the anime is based on
he got banned because of burgers

Post your specs

FAP PLZ

Lads, I know my rig is a pre-built toaster but surely I shouldn't be getting 1minute+ loading times in TW1/TW2? Yes, both games are installed on the SSD. Do SSDs slow down at high temperatures or something?

i5-4690k
GTX970
8GB RAM
3TB HDD @ 7200RPM

>8gb single channel ram

2008 called bro

ME was a bit of a rush job.

No shit.

So that's the bottleneck?

grudgin time

roll

So Warp Lightning feels a bit useless now.

Should I just go Plague instead of Ruin?

>VC don't get cool unit soundoffs when forming a line or charging

worst faction

PATCHES WHEN

Shit son, time to play as fucking empire

Gelt or Franz?

Shit computers these days have at least 16 bud.

It's time to r-r-r-r-rooollll