What do those of you without a college degree do for work...

What do those of you without a college degree do for work? I have found myself in a fucked up position currently 31 years old with high school diploma, living in a pretty impoverish town where I was born and raised with my wife and 2 kids on the family farm i inherited, I have 20 beef cows that I sell calves from but it doesn't really make a profit, I have been self employed since 2008 in some form or another auto dealer, scrap metal buyer, and farmer... kids I graduated with who went on to college came back with their degrees and went to work along side the dropouts as there is no demand for work that requires a degree here. My question is what should I do? I have a few stipulations...1. Im not moving away. 2. im not going to work at the local factory as a nigger. I do not mind working hard but not to make someone else rich while destroying my body for maybe $350 a week, help what can I do? I have around $8,000 I could invest in something worthwhile...also what do you do for work?

You're pretty much fucked given that you don't want to move and you have wife and kids. The only thing that comes to mind is sell your farm, buy somewhere in an oil city and go work on the rigs. Cash is v. good for those without tertiary education

The farm is sentimental to me it feels like home I live on it and am 3rd generation owner I can't sell it but thanks for the advice just the same

Meh, i tried driving a dumptruck in pretty much your position. And a bilion other things. I find jumping in equipment to be the easiest and best money. I can drive anything with wheels. Most things without.... its not glamourous. But it pays alright and i get to dig my own bunker now.

Also, scrap metal buyer? Care to explain? I dream of living in a salvage yard. #hillbillylife

How near is your nearest city with a thriving middle class?

Stop cow farming for no profit and conversation land into a market garden. Grow 20-30 varieties of fruit and veg across all growing seasons. Sell weekly delivered veg boxes.

Convert*

Fucking autocorrect

Dump truck driving actually doesn't sound horrible, local owner operators get around $60 per haul bill within the county and rocks are fairly cheap the trouble would be getting someone to request my truck as the local drivers have been at it for 20 years

Yes I started out buying catalytic converters, batteries and aluminum wheels and selling reselling them I made good money doing that until the market crashed, I then started buying whole cars/trucks and lining them up to sell parts from, but I never got enough parts business (local guy has it wrapped up) to justify keeping on I still have around 50 vehicles now

about an hour away.

Yup. Guy i just loaded been at it over 55 years. Another dude been here 30 years.

Problem i ran into was (duh) people dont call you until tgier roads are fuuuucked up or making a new one. Rip tires. Cheap fucks always wanna bitch or jew u. For every operator there are fucking 10 fagot bootleg cucks running around without proper safety, tags, liscense, and half the time are 50 year old grain trucks.

Had to let a faggot borrow a chain the other day because hauling dirt he broke the shitty bar that holds the sides together...

Honestly want to call dot on 400 people but dot are all cocksuckers and its job security.

Dude asked me a month ago "user do i need a cdl for this truck?"

No proper decal, liscense, safety, overweight by DOUBLE always, air brakes.

Yes. Explained to him.

Well i heard u dont cause x....

Fine, retard cuck dont listen to me i dont own one or drive it or fall for truck driving school meme and know most all truck laws for all 59 states fucking ree....

Makes it 5 miles. Rolls the bitch. Flips it back over, kicks the window out, continues to come in here and whine at e because he has thousands in fines and he is gonna take the dot to court.

U just cant make this shit up...

Horey shit. Got any crown vics near southeast ks? Or any old chevy?

Im considering building luthium battery packs. You can try that maybe. Doubt i will make much money. But i also want all the batteries. Been wanting to essentially build a tesla roadster since lead batteries were the norm and nobody even heard of elon musk yet.

I built an ebike. You could try and make those. Pretty easy but they are high af for what they are. Fun tho. And the biggest cost are the battery i am try to build.

Fucking "kinetick" or wtf ever brand of battery in almost all competition car audio setups are just a fucking normie lithium batter for 5 times the cost of lead. Im gonna cut their throats in the market and try to retire.

no crown vic's, I have a few old chevy trucks, but no where near KS. I have a bunch of scrap lead batteries i'll eventually just scrap them when the time is right I suppose.

it's beautiful when you see the way someone types and you realize they found the perfect vocation for their skillset.

>hey biz I'm in a situation that's shit
>of course I'm unwilling to change that wouldn't make any sense

What the fuck do you want us to tell your anti education ass? Dude the way you phrased it you made it seem like you're unwilling to change. The times they are a changin' dude you got to keep up wtf is this shit, you won't move? Enjoy bumfuck nowhere poverty.

Shit. I need a billion tons of lead. How much should i vuy batteries for? Or per pound? I know of about 50 quarries wirh very large batteries. Like you can barley pick them up large.

Kek. I really need to spellcheck better bro. The county dirt road guys are like 90% of my business right now. And with the time change they work 4 days a week. Today is fuckoff friday. I did under 10 minutes of actual work so far and likely for the day.

10 hours of overtime to shitpost yell at my autistic blue healer who wont stop herding my lab or barking at the fucking cows.

Fuckoff faggot. Op is legit. 3 generations and u want him ro be a city cuck? Just... fuckoff man.

Moving back home was the best decision i ever made. Took 3 years if hell but i got a cush fucking gig and the wife dinally landed a descent office job.

I love my shitty town.

Fucking got shit stolen a few weeks ago.

Less than 24 hours i had the tweaker held up by his throat. The fuck u gonna do that in a city

What do people need in your town thats hard to get there because it has to be brought in from somewhere else? Espetially different age groups that are not so mobile - the young, and the old. Get that, and start selling it, mark it up 2-3x at least.

What the fuck are you on about? Enjoy your methed up county.

Mfw the only successful shit here is places to eat or double priced parts.

Fuck around.... good call.

Its the one local meth head and fuck u faggot...

I am willing to change, just not leave my home. I know there has to be away to achieve what I want without selling out and moving 100 miles away.
I pay around $6-$8 for car batteries and 3 times that for like a dozer sized battery
I agree the nearest wal-mart here is one town over about 35 minutes up the road and I know a good percentage of the population on a first name basis that shit is lost in a big city
im not sure, most older people are on some type of fixed government income, and a good portion of the 25-50 year olds are on disability and food stamps, government housing ect. and I suspect they are raising a generation of children right now that will assume that's what you do when you grow up turn 18 and sign up for disability because "muh back"... so im not sure what they made need

Thank you sir. I may have a new lead source. Can necer find enough and the scrap yard wants $1 per pound and i still have to process it. $2 a pound delivered to me. Been having hell.

Also top fucking kek. Driving 45 minutes to walmart tonight...

>mfw my town is dead besides the hours of 10am-3pm when all the lazy welfare fucks are running all over town working for cash and soending my money. I cant wait to be rich...

Bump one time?

>I want money but am not willing to work "like a nigger" or change my lifestyle, or relocate.
>Basically I want to stay in the exact same shitty situation I put my self into but want money too

Faggot cuck.

Sell the cars for the steel you tard

Right? How fucking deluded can you be. The guy has wife and kids too "but I don't want to make someone else rich hurr durr" like he is worth a goddamn thing.

This guy is already a nigger.

Grow weed

most skilled labor doesn't even necessitate a college degree.
this is what they haven't told you

Yeah that's good once then what?
Fuck you homosex
Ha...

I wash dishes and suck dicks.

How much land do you have and how arable is it? Is it feasible for you to grow your own food on the farm? Besides the beef, of course. I'm talking vegetable garden writ large, not cash crops.

lease the farmland

I have 40 acres total, about 30 is actually in grass, oh yes I could and sometimes do grown a decent sized vegetable garden behind my house

I make more grazing the cattle than I would leasing the ground

Become a beekeeper, seriously

And do what exactly? sell jars of honey at a roadside stand for $8 a quart?

Is your farm big? Maybe you could rent out some rooms or something?

You get a massive tax deduction for bee farming and you can lease the land while you do other work.

are you taking advantage of all tax breaks?
here in maine, if you are a farmer and own a plot of land that has livestock/crops or even timber ready trees on it you can get a huge discount on your taxes.
like pay 10% of what you would owe if it was developed land.

Move to your nearest city so you kids can get an education

yes I deduct a lot of farm related stuff, I don't have a lot of taxable income at the end of the year anyway so it doesn't equate to a huge difference

Im a high school graduate, from this town they will be ok with what they learn in public school here, it would be only later that they would need to decide to go on to college ect

>I have 40 acres total, about 30 is actually in grass, oh yes I could and sometimes do grown a decent sized vegetable garden behind my house

OK, here's the deal. You need to reframe your situation. You are already further along the path to self-sufficiency without even trying than most people ever get. You have a home and plenty of land you own with clear title and the skills to utilize it. You want to stay where you are, you don't want to work in a factory, you don't mind working hard but you want to do it for yourself. There's only one thing you don't have, the ability to feed yourself and your family from your own produce, and even then you've covered the hardest part of that (livestock, especially cattle). This is a gold mine, there are millions of people out there who would give their left nut to be handed this situation. I'm 31 as well with a master's, married and 3 kids, and I'm trying to get where you already are. Think about that for a second.

So, it's time to scale up that veggie garden. Pick the best soil on your land within sight of your house and get tilling. Start with whatever size you had before and expand once you get the original areas established. Grow anything that survives in your area, but enough of each, maybe at least one row of everything. Or better yet, Google "forest gardening" and do that. Assuming the beef remains available you only need a few acres for your own family. Wife know how to can food? She needs to learn. Get the kids out there picking food, they love that shit. Get some chickens, get some milk cows. Chickens are relatively low-maintenance and you're already dealing with cattle.

Once you get settled in with that, start trying for a surplus. Then you sell it, you're already selling the calves anyway. Farmers' market, co-op, Craigslist, whatever. Call your neighbors, use Craigslist, sell it out of a stand at the end of the lane like Letterkenny. Do it on a cash basis and you have tax-free income.

>1. Im not moving away

too bad.