/owg/ - Overwatch General

The Throwing Hours Commence edition. Don't play competitive if you seriously want to rank up/retain rank for the upcoming Season 7. Season ends 5pm Pacific (12am Sunday GMT)

>The HALLOWEEN TERROR event is live
>The Event runs until November 1st
playoverwatch.com/en-us/events/halloween-terror/

>Halloween Tale
playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/21118913

>Event item checklist
js41637.github.io/Overwatch-Item-Tracker/#/events/HALLOWEEN

>Brand new Dev update
>We made 600 skins and reworked spectator mode while you were dealing with 100% pickrate Mercy
youtube.com/watch?v=jjTS_oAcLy8

>South Korea roasts everyone in preparation for a healthy, well rounded meal come the finals during Blizzcon (Nov 3rd/4th)
youtube.com/watch?v=QYObrLZpejc
youtube.com/watch?v=7yEzd1WDsZc
youtube.com/watch?v=D3qACfIfztk
youtube.com/watch?v=1JlZ5jJnyng

>Latest map
youtube.com/watch?v=mcPDd16_9dI

>Latest cinematic
youtube.com/watch?v=8tjcm_kI0n0

>Latest comic
comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us/zarya-searching

>Latest PC patch notes
PTR: playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/21013135
Live: playoverwatch.com/en-us/game/patch-notes/pc

>Overwatch dev tracker
overstalk.io

>Hero tips, tricks and basics
pastebin.com/Qf2AKa8R

>Hana posting is actively discouraged on /owg/
>Olivia and Orisa are far better waifus and relevant posting is actively encouraged

>Source / Quake mouse sensitivity converter
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>Personal stats / leader boards
overbuff.com
masteroverwatch.com

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

installgentoo.wikia.com/wiki/Headphones
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Hana posting is actively discouraged on /owg/

what did he mean by this?

anyone preorder their genji and/or hanzo nendoriods yet?

lets compare our season end SR senpai

How accurate is this?

The ennemy has a teleporteur

But it isn't?

I just want grandma and grandpa to be happy.

The Sombra one is false, I can barely pull off any wins with her unless I'm with like 3 people who will murder the people I hack and follow up EMP

Sombra online.

Zen main here, that part is p accurate to be honest

>sombra
>has 40% winrate
>climbs anyway
I don't get this.

I don't know, it was on the last 2-3 OP's, I just thought it was a meme now. If oyu cared so much, why didn't you bring it up last thread?

Bar Hog, mostly right. Torb should be changed to Torb Initiative however. Hogs are more like 'Can hear radio/other TV show in the background' and 'Obviously doesn't care about the outcome of the match''

I can confirm this

that symmetra one is the most accurate thing I've seen all week

Pharah has a Native Amercian skins, so obviously Anahardt has to be cancelled or it might offend the 17 Red Indians which have access to the internet

Change the she in the Mercy description to "She"

they dont talk with a lisp, they just have gay voices

>Rein
Scarily accurate. I think it's because you literally have to watch your team fail to be good with him.

Here cums T.Racer!

Let them be offended. Ana and Rein can be in love with each other now and John Redcorn can be divorced with Ana. Fareeha can like her dad and mom while they're divorced.

Everyone has been pretty vocal the last few months that we need more support or tank characters, however knowing Blizz I am betting that they won't. Instead we will get another dps at Blizzcon.

Um it's called being sensitive

Not particularly proud, but it could have been much much worse. I'm not even a Mercy main, all that time is me filling up whenever nobody would play her.

I also lost like 500 SR when I tried maining Mei.

I love Angela!

I want to make her happy and help her achieve her goals in life!

I want to be a skilled and attentive lab tech for her at work so it's not so stressful for her because she has someone who cares about her to work with!

It's old at this point, but since matchmaking or the SR system hasn't actually changed since S2, it's still relevant

I only like Mercy in the context of being a super predator and self inserting as someone she takes advantage of

>anashitter not healing and instead trying to get kills
>only one whos even healing people is the S76

>s76 healing anyone but himself
Bullshit.

>play 76
>try to heal teammates
>even use group up command
>they run away from heals to find a health pack and die in the process
EVERY
SINGLE
TIME

You can tell from the start Rein and Ana were supposed to be together. Best piece of evidence is their skin tones.
If Ana was with a Native, Pharah should be just as, if not darker than Ana. But evidently so, she is extremely light skinned-almost white. Not to mention Pharah and Ana idolised Rein as a father figure, the Rein and Pharah share a taste in classic rock, the both are obsessive over the notion of 'Justice'. From the getgo, Rein and Pharah were clearly supposed to be related.

If the story played out properly, unhinged by socjus, we would have the caring mother trying to do what is right for her kid and the kinda stupid, brutish yet lovable father. The kid would like the dad more but be held back by the mother. Hence why initially Pharah sounded like she disliked Ana before Ana was out. Literally the story of (spoiler) Kubo and the two strings

Good girl...

It would even work out in terms of how Pharah would have been raised in Gibraltar.

Thanks user, yeah I have seen this referenced around here, but no one has bothered to explain.
Don't know how trustworthy source is, but yeah it makes sense.

pharah has issues with ana because ana didn't want a soldier's life for her, whereas it was always pharah's dream to join overwatch. that doesn't mean she ever disliked her mom.

A primary support is what we honestly need to keep the game fresh, but a primary tank is what we need to give Dive the middle finger. Either way, it's a rock and a hard place. thanks for the updated version, I had the one from before the D.Va changes.
Not been here in a while

Was it JR? Getting tired of faggots locking DPS. I've been Ana for the last 8 runs.

Too bad people bitched so hard about a fucking skin that they had to make Pharah's dad some Indian rando.

>playing DF in FFA
Holy shit, why bother to play the other modes

As much as I like the idea of them being together, I believe the fact that Pharah was Rein's daugther would cause problems within the continuity of what little story we have now, since Overwatch was formed ~30 years before the events of the game and Pharah is 32.
Also:
>kinda stupid father
No.

Aye he's fun af, it's a shame his playstyle doesn't really work well in the regular game.

Yeah, it was more addressing the confusion about oldMercy and how fast her climbing rate was (and still is to a lesser extent), but the post is still very relevant.
In Sombra's case, it's the same schtick about the heals. If the Sombra has high heals, she will climb extremely fast by hijacking onto the support SR gain algorithm-which actually isn't that bad since it encourages Sombra's to actually use their kit as a 50/50 DPS/secsupport. The same logic would apply to Hog and S76 based on heals, but obviously it would be much harder for each of them to get the really high numbers

>lose a match
>get salty and message our Zarya that he barely used the Graviton, and the only time he did, he was dying and nobody was there to follow
>tells me that the team never told him about their ults
>point out the Tracer did it all the time
>"the others didn't"
>point him out in an unfriendly way that he should never play Zarya again because he sucks
>brags about reaching Masters twice (he was 2980 in that match) and how I never did
>next match he is in the enemy team playing Zarya again
>stomp the living shit out of them and he leaves at the end of the first round
>make fun of him for being bad as Zarya, for being at Plat and for leaving
>next day
>he's on my team again
>he's playing Zarya again
>I'm playing Lucio
>follow him around everywhere healing, boosting to catch enemies or to get out of complicated situations and taxi him back when he died
>end up winning with a few clutch gravitons
>message him to tell him he played really well this time
>tells me he noticed he didn't play well yesterday
>I apologize for being salty and excuse myself
>we end up wishing each other good luck and follow our way

I hate this game.

This is the dumbest post coming from a shipfag I've ever read, and I've been enduring R76 shit for more than a year already.

Both Ana and Rein were established to be in their respective armies pre-OverWatch. It would make sense for 2 high ranking Europeanish soldiers to meet up than a high ranking Egyptian sniper and a Canadian civilian.

this really sucks...

>This is dummm
>But I'm not gonna bring up any points on why it apparently makes no sense

>Pharah has lighter skin than Ana so that means her dad is Reinhardt xD
>even though she was born before ana and rein met each other

That's still kinda forced (not like John Redcorn is any less forced, but still)
Also if I remember correctly none of the founding members bar Jack and Gabe didn't know each other, so yeah.

I'd love for them to be together, but actual character development is a big no-no in Chu's writing so I'm not expecting anything.

>Tracer was actually meant to have an ultimate that fit her character
>get a dumb bomb instead

none of the founding members bar Jack and Gabe knew each other*
Me spek gud englisch

Then make Pharah 30.
Wasn't the timeline all fucked up anyway because they were going off that First Strike thing that got canceled so they have more freedom to pull things out of their ass?

>Murder someone in front of Widow
>"Talon strikes!"
>Murder someone in front of Gabe
>"Nice to see you doing your job for once"

Feels good being part of best team

>pic
You could have at least added the Overwatch logo there, or something.

>this characters must fuck eachothers because my headcanon blablabla have some personality points in common blabla worked/work in the same organisation
Your ship sucks just as every ships, fuck off.

>The pic part of the post is why Redcorn isn't the dad
>The rest of it is why Rein is the strongest contender for the title

Yeah, Anahardt is kinda pushed but not implausible-and damnsite less than AnaCorn. Don't forget however that this is also the universe where Bastion wandered 100's of miles through civilisation/underwater just so he could be found by Torbjorn and the universe where a Nigerian city's name is in Swahili.

Now on completely different news I wonder why First Strike was cancelled by Chu specifically....I mean what would be the point in cancelling the backstory of the initial Strike Team.......really gets the noggin joggin.......

All of them I can understand, but Winston?
>"Winston is easy"
>Feeds his brains out
There isn't really a joke there anywhere.

They say Winston is easy to play whilst simultaneously making the match harder for everyone else by charging enemy ults.

>act like pulse bomb was developed later
>when jeff already said pulse bomb was designed in titan

When the season officially ends I'll show it off

>People complain about genji getting his ult back if he’s killed right before he can use it
>Blizzard decides to get rid of this for EVERYBODY’S ult so gengu players don’t feel singled out

What is with blizz and keeping this stupid fucking weeb character overpowered?

The artbook says otherwise.

If and when we get a new hero what kind of hero would you want most?
Personally I want a good melee hero since genji, Reinhardt, and doomfist don't satisfy me. Beyond that I want a new healer since the current selection is so small.

A HEALER

Well it's also the same artbook that acts like Pharah's injun skins were intended to reflect her heritage when we already know that wasn't the original reason.

Why would a Winston main say that, tho? I think it's more about other players claiming he's easy, because he doesn't need to aim.

>make a post on the Overwatch forums saying they need to hurry up and nerf Mercy so heroes like Ana and Doomfist can receive well deserved buffs afterwards.
>get over 25 downvotes from redditors who unironically think Mercy is the hardest character in the game

I don't think this semen slurping game is for me anymore.

>It's another episode of attack Torbjorn works

So why the fuck would there be concepts for a different ult for Tracer in the artbook when they apparently had one from the start? That's retarded.

There's nothing I hate more than Junkrat players. They're an absolute cancer since their main got "buffed", and they're in every game. I hate them and want them gone more than Mercy mains.

>t. mercy main

If soldier was a cute girl, would she get buffs?

Junkrat was buffed in the wrong way. There were a lot of things Junkrat players asked for. Like the tire having 100 armor instead of 100 health. Or Junkrat being able to throw his trap. Or having 2 traps. Or having 250 health. A slightly faster grenade velocity and higher arc.
All of these things would have been small tweaks, but significantly improved Junkrat.
Instread he now has 2 mines and is able to launch an assassin tire every minute.

But Mercy is still worse.

What are the red flags that let you know you are not winning a match?

>attacking
>team can't get past the choke point
>"X switched to Bastion (was Junkrat)"
>goes sentry in front of the choke
>immediately dies
>"I need healing", "I need healing", "I need healing"

She would attract casual female gamers and yes she would get buffs.

Post more

>You get pick
>You tell team you're pushing
>"OK we got one, let's go"
>You get 1 or more kills
>You're on the point
>You're on the point alone
>Your team is back poking at the choke
>They don't come in until you die 1v2/4
>You see your team dying in the killfeed 5v2/3 against a trickling enemy team

Also

>Playing Support
>5 minutes has gone by
>You hit tab and see you have Gold elims with 1 elim and Gold hero damage

It happens most of all with immortal and grillmaster soldiers

Eh live and let die. We can use this for the end of S7 if you care that much

>finally got the second skin I wanted
Well, see you guys once comp season is over.

>X switched to Genji (was Phara)
>X switched to Soldier 76 (was Genji)
>X switched to Reaper (was Soldier 76)
>X switched to Junkrat (was Reaper)

>Entire enemy team says they're going to report me because I get POTG and in it I wiggle my crosshair before headshotting a Tracer

I was just waiting for her to Blink.

Literally I just have a 'it's going to be one of theose game moments'. It's fucking hilarious, literally if I say 'oh so it's going to be one of those games' out loud we are guaranteed to lose. My 3stack find it hilarious.

Gotta say an obvious signifier is the Widow/Hanzo 2 stack instalocking. I don't understand where these people come from.

>cyka blyat speaking slav in chat or voice
>6v5+1 and you are the +1, the 5 stack only communicate between themselves
>hybrid map, start with def, lose point within 2 minutes, on attack barely capture it in overtime
>y changed to dps (was healer)

What headset do you use /owg/? I'm looking to get a pair

What is the eSports recolours are only purchasable with comp points?

They are not going to do that. Even golden guns was a mistake.

genji is so boring and annoying to play... but hes so overpowered

You mean the team skins? Pretty sure they're going to be cash only.

installgentoo.wikia.com/wiki/Headphones

Pay extra attention to the "shitty retard gaming headsets" image the and diy one above it.

so i deflected something with genji, i think i killed someone and he said something along the lines "oni nagva ori nikaragva" wtf is this some specific interaction? cant find anything similar

i watn to fug orisa pls help

>the only healer rez and heal his 2stack buddy
>someone pick hog when asked to pick a tank

Nah, the OWWC ones. We know the OWL ones are going to attribute to Blizz' pockets, but I don't see how else they would add all the country uniforms

same

Japan can help.

Thanks user have a Tracer

I'm sure you aren't going to believe me, but I swear it's true. The whole "I need healing" Genji meme was based on me.

It was over a year ago when Overwatch was new and I was playing it a lot, Genji was my favorite hero to play. Pre-nerf Genji was infamous, nobody liked that I was going around killing everybody and being the "play of the game" MVP every single game.

Prior to Overwatch, I've played a shit ton of TF2 and in TF2 I'll get in the Medic's face and mash the "Medic!" key until I get healed to full. This translated over to Overwatch, where I would get low on health and then press the "I need healing" button in Mercy's face. There was A LOT of animosity against me. You see, you play against the same people a lot in Overwatch and Mercy players that I raped from previous games remember me and then make it a statement to not heal me saying "I don't heal Genji players" and mocking me whenever I asked for healing. These players started the meme at my expense. It became a regular thing where I would ask a Mercy to heal me and they would just stop, look at me, and do the "Hello" emote before moving onto another player.