Touhou General #53

/OURGIRL/ Edition

Previous Thread >>>So what is this game?
Touhou is a bullet hell game made by ZUN. Instead of ship or robots it features anime girls fighting youkai and such.

>Why isn't this in /jp/
Some Cirno poster made a thread just for a get and now we're here.

>Where should I start?
the games until 5 were designed for the PC-98 platform, which would require an emulator. It's recommended you start either with the sixth (first Windows game) or the second game (as the first one isn't a bullet hell) and work your way up from there some games aren't your usual bullet hells but should be played anyway
1: Arkanoid
7.5, 10.5, 12.3, 13.5, 14.5: Fighting games
The others follow the basics of the bullet hell genre but usually add a game play twist.

>Where can I get the games?
moriyashrine.org/

>How to Touhou for bakas
m.imgur.com/s1JmZu8

>West Replays
replays.gensokyo.org/index.php

>Please git gud!
moriyashrine.org/intro-to-touhou/

>eraTohoK (plus other era games):
pastebin.com/6CULQcKd

>Touhou 16!!!
mega.nz/#!Dt91QDDa!w7dlOkuBP8tYwRfI3clq3wvf3v7I3DLDUneUhOUTEOY

DEMO LINKS:
AoCF:
mega.nz/#!g4d0hRqS!cyFKIH3U_On3zUBNA6GtcIjNjrN3IK4StJBPalFafQM

>1cc charts!
imgur.com/a/LmjDC

>/2hug/ cup team suggestions sheet
goo dot gl/forms/Tazf2Pfqy7CGhKEw1

Touhou is a game despite sometimes we make it out to be otherwise

Other urls found in this thread:

moriyashrine.org/official-games/classic-era-th6-th9-5/
moriyashrine.org/official-games/retro-era-pc-98/
youtube.com/watch?v=bSq6ZY0KRHg&t=3s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Ending as the OP image
I wonder how the reaction is gonna be this time.

>spoiling a game ending in the OP
For fucks sake user, I thought you were smarter than that.

>You're cool
Agree. I'm the coolest guy in my hood.

Not bad, user. That's all objectives achieved.
>get BTFO
>i-incoherent reply!! it doesn't mean anything!

>we still don't know
Will we ever know?

No, because it's either going to be forgotten, or retconned then forgotten and retconned again. See: Sakuya's powers

Such is ZUN's flagrant disregard for shit only we care about

Then can we stop with this "Byakuren totally knows how to seal Murasa, she just doesn't do it"?

You won't get anywhere without a little deductive reasoning, unless if you want to be struck dumb someone challenges your statements.

It's truly the worst pain

I'm not even a guy arguing that shit. I think it's dumb, but I agree we really gotta stop this fucking taoist and buddhist shit fest every fucking thread.

You know, I was wondering, you guys never talk about this 2hu very much, whats her popularity rating?

And here I thought I made a flawless thread and was thinking to myself "not bad for my first attempt"

Oh well, next time I make a thread I'll be sure to use a better image. Thanks for the critique and sorry for the anons who's experience I potentially ruined

You can't get anywhere when deductive reasoning just makes people say, >that's your headcanon;>there's no evidence supporting that;>I disagree, so I'll just greentext to make you look stupid

Just. Fucking. Stop. Another thread, another discussion

>implying /2hug/ plays the games
Etarnity is the new hotness

Eternity is pretty new, she's really just another fairy so there's nothing to really talk about her. About as much as a throwaway as Rumia or Wriggle.

This deviant act is illegal in at least 70% of the world and 39/50 of the States of America.

Well, Eternity has some "fun" lore behind her, but other than that, she's just a non-memeable fairy

learn how to spell shitfest first before pretending that you're any better.
at least there was some progress this time.

Etarnity has lore? Since when?

It's not like I don't partake in other discussions.
It's that these end up being the longest, thanks to people dodging questions and going "H-ha ha, B-BTFO, kys!".
>you guys never talk about this 2hu very much
We don't talk about truckloads of 2hus. She's also really new, but I'd say she's pretty popular for a Stage 1 boss.

>reasoning=headcanon
are you that idiot that insists nothing is canon until explicitly shown, then flip flops when it comes to pc-98?

She's the depowered Tokoyo god.

Since it's spelled Eternity like in the final version. The Extra Stage plotline, Cirno's, specifically, implies Okina and Eternity may have known each other, and if they did they're not in good terms
nah

Well that's interesting to know. But fairies are around for a while aren't they? I don't find it weird Okina could have run into her at an earlier date, being a gensokyo sage and all. Did they imply anything else about her, or just that Okina knows about her.

Have a smug Ayayayaaya

Her smug spans generations

>She sees your danmaku

The implication is not that Okina knows her, it's that she used to be a god who was born from a situation of social unrest
She probably was Tokoyo-no-Kami, the "god of the everlasting world", however I heard the runor ZUN changed the kanji to now it means "god of the everlasting night" It may be a nod to IN, similar to Narumi, or maybe she is a god of darkness. Then again, I can't confirm it because I don't speak moon, so it may be bullshit for all I know

>Stop discussions
yeah nah fuck you and fuck your circlejerk.
If you want attention so much go back to that /jp/ 1cc thread you love so much

Neat. But given ZUN's general disregard for continuity I wouldn't get my hopes high for something like that.

Same with her smile

Ayaya's smile makes my heart go doki doki

So is she not a fairy?
Is she Rumia's mom?
There's always fanworks, canon lawyering aside they're always good for interesting interpretations.

>New Website!
>We’ve now moved our website host to wordpress over the previous weebly host, it took a lot of work porting everything over but its finally done, enjoy! ~Cirno
If anyone cares, they just move to a new website not too long ago. This probably gonna get buried as the thread goes on, so remind the next OP maker to include this in the next thread.

>Where can I get the games?
moriyashrine.org/official-games/classic-era-th6-th9-5/
moriyashrine.org/official-games/retro-era-pc-98/

Fanworks are cool I guess. But I'd really like to see just a little bit of effort put into the continuity for once.

Another version.

Yeah I linked their new website but I omitted that part in for the sake of time.

I liked their old website better, it felt homely, just like an actual shrine while the new one just feels cheap and put together in a rush. I don't know why they needed to move.

Fuck you and fuck your shitstorms, you can enter a discussion, but to just reenact every day at the Myoren Temple instead of the many other things there are in the series is just autistic
Other possible discussions:
Actually talking about the Taoists
Interpretations of ambiguous abilities (Yuugi says hi)
Actually speak about your headcanon, just not as evidence about actual canon, please.
Anything Touhou related you find.

If you want something done well, it's best to do it yourself.

Yeah, the new website needs a ton of work. But I think it's better in the long run for them.

Maybe because they don't have enough money to support their old site.

Funny how you're saying that but never participate in any discussions outside of complaining.

Interesting, I thought it was free to run since they still had the .weebly in the url, but if that's how it is then I wish them the best and hope they make the new one better.

I've seen enough hanging questions and topics in here to know that you're full of shit
why couldn't they keep the old format?

Well, fuck it, I'll keep talking about gameplay, rooting for Sakuyanon, and posting ocassional lore that I sometimes get wrong and you just keep getting nowhere while talking about ghosts and monks who haven't shaved their heads

>Yeah I linked their new website but I omitted that part in for the sake of time.
Oh, sorry. Didn't notice it. If people are dumb enough to not know how to find the game in the link, they don't deserve to play the game.

Come on, that's just an artistic license ZUN took with the design: did you really want a baldhu?

Well, I suppose that Reimu and Sanae don't really dress like shrine maidens, and that remark was more tongue-in-cheek. But yeah, sometimes ZUN doesn't care all that much for how things really are (makes sense, this is a fantasy land)
I wouldn't have a problem with a baldhu, but considering ZUN's art style, that would probably give me nightmares

Is Rin Calvo the most powerful 2hu?

>The DB Super memes are spreading
Obviously it has to be Rumia Blanco

>Reimu and Sanae don't really dress like shrine maidens
Funnily enough, PC-98 Reimu did dress as a proper miko. I also remember ZUN (take this with a grain of salt, I don't remember if this was an actual interview with ZUN or just a post praising his design skills) saying that he wanted something more stylized that still made you understand Windows Reimu was a miko.
What's with that name, is this another meme about DB-
Of course.

I dunno, man, Rumia Blanco might be tough, but SSJ4 Universe 98 Reimu is looking to be a fierce contender on the sole merit of her being a brand new Youkai to exterminate.

Smooth Memerisa can cheat death tho

E L H E R M A N O

But can they defeat El Grande Madre, Tokiko?

Oh yes, I know that (I rather like Reimu's PC-98 deisgn), but I think her curent design is more relevant to the "doesn't quite look like they should" theme. Then again, not too many youkai in mythology look like girls... also, have you heard of a female sailor in feudal japan?

So you're allowed to discuss but other people aren't?
how gracious of you

I was thinking Grande Madre should be Hecatia, but I suppose she makes more sense as Xeno-sama. Is Nue Jiren?

Never mind feudal japan, female sailors were unheard of pretty much all over the world for a long time. If I remember right, in the west, it was considered bad luck if a female was aboard a vessel.

Yeah, Chiyuri.

Just where did I say you can't discuss? I said your discussions go nowhere, and you can't really deny that.
What I'm saying here is I'll discuss about the stuff I care about and you discuss about the stuff you care about, even if I find it annoying

that wasn't what you said earlier
>Just. Fucking. Stop. Another thread, another discussion
but we all know you're going to plea insanity so consider this your final (you)

What the fuck.

what did you expect from a circlejerk?

She eats people after all user.

Not him but how do you know if this anonymous poster participates in discussions or not?

guys help pls my autism won't leave me alone, what's your finger placement when playing 2hu?

3 I guess? I can barely make out the finger positions because you got ZUN to draw that for you. I'm going to assume 3 is index, middle and ring finger.

Anything that's not 3 looks uncomfortable

I know, right? There are more meaningful discussions here than there are atoms in the universe.

If you've been paying attention you know he's been complaining about anything that isn't runs but refuses to discuss anything and when called out starts throwing insults.
until now, that is.

That's actually surprisingly good, guess I won't have nightmares after all

how the fuck do the first 2 work?

I've complained as well, I'm not against you discussing this but it always end in a shitflinging that goes nowhere.

autism?

Is Seihou project any fun?

1. I've heard that people choose other combinations to switch from Up to Down quicker, but I'm used to this.
Is this from that video about Murasa's life?

you mean because everybody refuses to discuss anything else?or act like adults?

user I think that's a thumb on the left key.

Assuming 1 is thumb, index and middle.

I'm also the faggot who helps out with the tabletop game suggestions, discussed in the Aya shitstorm, and yes, I talk about runs and lore I get it wrong sometimes, tho.
I'm realising I'm making a douche out of myself, and that I'm kind of an hypocrite. I never thought Veeky Forums was gonna make me consider changing for the better
That being said, I'm not the only one annoyed at discussions that just don't end. Unless you seriously think only one person dedicates their entire stay here just to complain about non-run discussion in which case I can assure you got it wrong

2 looks uncomfortably fun to try someday but 3 unless you are a real weirdo
Exactly, how hard is it to tell them to fuck off or avoid falling for their bullshit questions? If they want to post their headcanon as arguments or cling to unimportant side things there's no reason to fall for it
It's about Byakuren's life, but Baldkuren also appears on that one
youtube.com/watch?v=bSq6ZY0KRHg&t=3s

Why are you flaunting your e-peen here? What is the point? You aren't in reddit anymore just so you know
>193834942
>still fishing for (you)s

It's pretty decent. Nicely bridges the gap between PC-98 and EoSD.
It takes a lot of voodoo to actually get it working though.

what sort of voodoo?

I was never in reddit in the first place, I guess I just suck at being annonymous.

He's just some pissy guy who's grasping at straws, either that or he's baiting. He's probably been the most antagonistic in this entire thread. I bet he's Seija fag.

Yes, I suppose I've been an asshole this thread. I can assure you my emotional state is pretty balanced right now though but you're kinda right in that I like mildly annoying other people

How big is Ayayayaya's ass (hitbox) compared to the other 2hus?

Back to projecting again I see.
at least come up with something new

>realize there's something wrong
>check the keyboard
>unconsciouly start using index, middle and finger.
Nevermind, I guess it's 3 for me as well.
>suddenly, real life deers

I think her hitbox is the same size of anyone not called Reimu

I think every 2hu but Reimu has the same hitbox size. so they all got a big ass, except Reimu who has no ass

Her Pcup makes her hitbox pretty fucking big!
iirc it's normal

>Back to projecting again I see

Considering how pretty much everyone in Gensokyo is a petty troll, a smartass, or just sassy douchebags, it only figures the fans would act the same way

That's one smug Alice.
I wish she could become relevant again.

>autism