Eve Online general /eog/

Superior isk making edition

Permalink: orph.link/eog

>Can I make enough ISK to PLEX during the trial?
If you have to ask, you can't do it.

>I just started, what should I do?
Do the Opportunities then find the Career Agents & run all of their missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp. The game is only as boring as you are.

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No.

>Read the UPDATED /eog/ pastebin: pastebin.com/ser9Acpg (embed)
>Focus Group Logs: focusgrouplogs.tech.ccp.is/

Future:
>Lifeblood "expansion" Oct 24. updates.eveonline.com/date/2017-10-24/
>Alpha ship re-balance, shitty minigames, moonmining, refineries and more things you didn't ask for!

Past:
>CO2 dead, Gigx permabanned for Serbian outburst
>All-Out confirmed worst guild in EVE.
>Goonswarm is dead.
>May 31: RIP old camera, new multi-use analyzers introduced
>May 30: RIP Dust 514 (long live Project Nova)
>May 12: Name ships automatically with a saved fit name
>May 06: Eve Online 13th Anniversary
>Apr 27: Citadels & cap rebalance released. Tears, bugs, etc. RIP rolling yachts.
>Apr 21: community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/csm-11-election-results/
>Mar 09: Massive mod tiercides that broke a lot of fits.
>Feb 18: Last CSM X Summit: community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/the-second-csm-x-summit-meeting-minutes-included
>Feb 09: SP trading
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid pointless changes (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true)

Other urls found in this thread:

evemaps.dotlan.net/system/VOL-MI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How do I join a/the /eog/ corporation?

Talk to noobkin.

Talk to stunt.

>stunt

Talk to Satori Sartori

These are reddit tho.

Rifter

>Satori
>reddit

Talk to sapporo cuck.

>not the mittani

>riding hk cock
>not reddit

>wanting to play with /eog/
What on God's green Earth could possibly cause you to want that.

Okay so can I get a single clear-cut answer please?

What do I, a rookie player, do to earn money?

can't you make your own decisions? exploration is pretty fun

Get an exploration ship and hack relic sites in wormholes. You need to learn how to scan signatures to do this.

You should also join a corp, so that you can get some directions about how to progress.

You should join All-Out, because you can do some more (and more fun) activities with other players. Solo exploration will get boring.

I wanted to mine but /eog/ told me mining is no fun and gives less profits than other options.

/eog/ was right for once

But how do I join All-Out???

by killing yourself

Contact Satori Sartori in-game

By posting butt pics

Send pics of boipuss if you want an invite

Did anyone's alliance already try to blast some moonshit? Does it work?

Shortest pull cycle is six days, and refineries started going up like two days ago
>does it work
What kind of a question is that

I haven't had the chance to play eve I presume everything T2 is inflated in price.

Some modules spiked considerably the day the patch went live, but most things didn't even budge. Market speculators are the most cucked kind of faggot.

I only use a few of reacted moonshit. Fullerides went up, carbides a bit.

>Selling certain modules for twice what I bought them for before the patch
Sure thing, m8.

This doesn't seem right. How is someone not in All-Out going to get me into All-Out?

Alts, user, alts.

>actually wanting to get in that shitcorp
You have been warned.

You must be German

Just send your ISK to Super Hana and everything will be alright

your ceo is

>Agency Damage Booster II
this is great

TRI broblob #1

>Try lowsec exploration
>Literally all combat sites

What does this mean?

it means go to the next system along, or check out the wormhole

How do I identify "good" wormholes?

If you're looking for relic sites, you want to be in c1-c3 wormholes, not higher class.

Just google the WH name to find out the class.

>not doing lowsec combats

for your purposes, you want C1-3. if you're going in from lowsec, they'll either be X702 on your side, or J244 A239 or U210 on the wormhole side. you can check the region as well, it'll be called A-xxxxxxxx for C1, B-xxxxxxxxx for C2

please learn which sites you're looking for before you die to sleepers and get mad on /eog/

You don't need to know Just click show info on the hole and if it says "unknown space" it's C1-3.

Nobody said ANYTHING about hostile niggers at relic sites!

Exploring is too hard, I'm going to go mine or fight shit.

>please learn which sites you're looking for before you die to sleepers and get mad on /eog/

I didn't die to them. They didn't even breach my shielding!

Only warp to sites that have the following words in their name: Sansha, Angel, Serpentis, Blood Raider, Gurista

I recommend dropping the afterburner for a cargo scanner, so you can be picky about what cans you take. I don't typically take more than half the cans in a site

rangefinder is better. cargoscanner is meme for retards

As other said, drop the afterburner, and you should carry 16 probes with you, not just 8. With 16 it'll automatically reload while you're scanning and you'll have a backup set if you forget to recover them.

What would be a good place for me to call "home"?

evemaps.dotlan.net/system/VOL-MI

on my dick

How stupid am I being by trying to set up base in NPC null? I'm currently mining to raise the materials for a basic outpost - 5x Venture and fittings plus 5 x exploration frigates .. the only problem I'm finding is that meta 0 modules arent all that efficient. A solution may be to bring in some PVE destroyer and fittings BPOs so I can generate meta modules by missioning, but that'd require more time mining before I can even start. I could bring in an expedition frigate and multiply my raw resource gathering three fold but that defeats the object of being self sufficient - I can't build tech 2 anything yet so I'd be unable to replace its loss. I want to avoid sourcing from the market as much as possible.

Joining a local corp seems a positive step but again I want to do this myself. I guess I'll have to get used to scraping by with meta 0's and a tiny ore hold.

I donno, I just don't want to keep chasing ISK like everyone else. Having an achievable goal in sight feels much better than the never ending ones of ISK for PLEX or skill injectors.

>eve gets an error and CTDs
>log back in
>overview has reset to default
>chat channels have reset to default
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Just google the WH name to find out the class

Alternatively you can click the wormhole system name and, in the info panel that pops up, find the constellation, region or something or other code which I forge0 (it's nearish to the top)t. It'll start with 'A', 'B', 'C', etc, and these - yes you guessed it - correspond to to the class.
A step even further, and this one's only for pros; actually look at the wormhole you're jumping through. They're distinctly coloured according to the class of system they lead to.

What makes the Tengu the scanning t3 of choice for most people?

most players are caldari

What are the pros & cons of Faction Warfare? How would a new player fare?

>pros
You can make some okay ISK
>cons
You make the ISK by actively avoiding PVP at all costs, even though you signed up for PVP

another downside is the lowsec and plex mechanics make the good/viable fits pretty small

I just had my first PvP combat encounter! Some faggot followed me through a wormhole and tried to blast me while I was scanning the system. I barely made it out of that one alive, but alive nonetheless!

>You make the ISK by actively avoiding PVP at all costs, even though you signed up for PVP

I can't tell you how many people warp out to celestials once they get even a hint of you on d-scan. It's a lot. Hey, I guess I can tell you.

Well done. It's good fun, right?

What system did this happen in? We could bait and kill him together.

>fun

isk was my main concern. I just wanted to make sure I can replace the ships I will inevitably lose.

newb here, where can I see this info?

This happened in one of those weird wormhole places that aren't on the map.

It was mostly me panicking and struggling to jump through the wormhole.

Yeah I know, but you entered that wormhole system from a normal system (at some point)

E button in the corner - accessories - logs and messages

>>Goonswarm is dead.

Sorry, I just copied the old op.

but is there a reason for this feel/krabing coccon from goons other than just getting the jewtani/aproved RMTs more rich? like a proper war campaign? how many years will they keep doing no wars?

>Find combat site
>Work ass off to kill wave after wave of enemies
>Faggot goes around collecting all the loot while I fight

war is a meme

thank you

and thats why you use a tractor unit

>looting in kspace

>want to fly a Carrier
>don't want to live in null and deal with the retardation
>don't want to live in WH and deal with the autism
>just keep building shit in HS and wishing I had a carrier
Life sucks.

welcome to null npc, I will be your guide.

>Large Collidable Object

Your mom's a large collidable object.

pure kino

have you actually been to these places, or do you just read people posting
>reddit text
on /dog/ and think they aren't spouting bullshit

She'll take you for a ride at Dodixie IX

>reddit text

docking my characters there now

What hybrid ammunition should I use?

>ammo
>laughing_amarrians.jpg

(Caldari Navy) Antimatter usually. Depends on what guns you have and what range you want to reach.

to do what with? with what guns and on what ship?

To shoot things with on a space ship

is there a preferred jump freighter?

javelin

in that case, kill yourself anime shitter

hello plebbit

If you're new don't use faction ammo like suggested. It's expensive so it likely won't be worth the extra cost to you. Antimatter is the highest damage but the lowest range. From there the more you extend your range the less damage the ammo does, so keep a few different kinda to adapt to different ranges since it only takes 5 seconds to swap ammo on hybrid turrets. Common standard longer range ammo types include lead and iron.

>It's expensive
lol