/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #1021 - Spooky Season Begins Edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tGAvaUZOqXc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>extremely basic level design, even in the final stages
>Sonic's stages are really short
>poor enemy variety (the same basic Egg Pawns are used in the FINAL BOSS)
>too much automation
>half the boss fights are literally boost2win
>shit music
>English script written by Pontaff
>Tails is useless again
>No Shadow or Chaos boss fights
>Team Dark didn't even do anything
>Omega gets ONE (1) line
>he sounds like he has throat cancer
>Infinite just runs away like a little bitch

playlist with the full game playthrough where?
playlist with the full soundtrack where?

First for Silver a cute!
A cute!!

*naps*

DON'T LET THE FORCES SPOILERS DISTRACT YOU FROM THE FACT WE'RE AT PUMPKIN HILL, YA READY?
youtube.com/watch?v=tGAvaUZOqXc

What if Chaos and Shadow fights are in Shadow DLC?

Okay Omega, go back to being dead already.

I was kinda hoping that Classic Eggman was going to pop up at some point in Forces. Ah well. I still would have loved a game with Modern, Classic, and Boom Sonic fighting against the three Eggmans, just for the banter between the latter.

[Spoiler]Reminder that Infinite got absorbed by the Eggman Fortress tower and didn't actually fuck off.[/Spoiler]

Fuck, i want to go back to the early 2000s of playing Sonic Heroes and watchin anime on tv.

So there is literally NO explanation for the Phantom Ruby's existence? Nothing? Are you fucking SHITTING ME SEGA?!

Stop spoiling Forces

carryu

You forgot everyone is fucking useless without Sonic

Infinite didn't run away, the Ruby was absorbed by Eggman's tower thing. Weren't you even paying attention?

What happened with Eggman?

Not to mention the fact that the Ruby has a completely different set of powers in Mania. It was literally fucking with time, and warping Sonic and co around.

Did you really expect anything else from supporting characters?

illusions my man

The twist is Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles never left Angel Island. The Ruby was fucking with them.

For the 100th time: Yes. There's only so many times we can go over that Forces has major plotholes before it becomes boring, user.

So /sthg/ what would Sonic characters dress as for Halloween?

So there is literally NO explanation for the Chaos Emeralds' existence? Nothing? Are you fucking SHITTING ME SEGA?!

I have the suspicion people are hamming up their discontent with Forces. Just a hunch.

Eggman built it. That's why there are prototypes

Can you (or anyone reading this post), list all the plot holes we know of so far? I'm curious.

>yfw omega

I suppose that explains how they ended up going from Stardust Speedway to Hydrocity...

>Sonic tries a serious story
>it's filled with loads of plotholes like every other Sonic game that tries a serious story

I don't mind either Phantom Ruby or Chaos Emerald not getting explanations, my bigger issue is inconsistency because it's made clear the Phantom Ruby was excavated and found on Angel Island in Mania, but in Forces it's continually talked about like Eggman made the damned thing. One or the other.

I mean the ending was underwhelming as FUCK so I can see why they're mad.

Oh fuck you asshole. That argument doesn't fly here. Knuckles' ancestors created the emeralds.

Does Forces consider Unleashed and 2006 as part of the continuity? I hope not. I can kind of understand Colours, Lost World and even Generations, but those two? Please no.

>Mania was forced to tie-in with Forces
>absolutely nothing is done with it besides Mania's theme briefly being referenced and Mania Sonic himself in the game
even if unintentional unlike the story some have been pushing about Sonic Team trying to fuck over the Mania devs, it really is a slap in the face. especially since it's blatantly obvious they tried to use the tie-in to get people invested in Forces' plot

the Chaos Emeralds have existed since the first game and have always been gems with potentially infinite amounts of power when gathered together. you don't really need much more than that since they serve a firm role and rarely deviated from that besides with shit like Chaos powers. the Phantom Ruby comes out of nowhere, can counter the Chaos Emeralds in Mania, practically drop a fake sun on the planet in Forces, and then fucks off

I wonder what gave that away.

Well not even plotholes, just things that hasn't been explained like the origin of the Phantom Ruby & who is Infinite. But yeah, we've already had two threads going on about them. Only so many times we can say the same thing about this plot right now, tbqh.

>

I feel like you're really overthinking it, the tie in is extremely bare, there's really not much to it.

I think it's pretty obvious that Infinite was created by Eggman to harness the power of the Phantom Ruby.

06 has been wiped completely, nothing from its story is left or has any effect on modern Sonic, Unleashed is the oddball one though, while its technically the start of this era of Sonic games its story also has little to no effect on the rest of the games, all though the reason Eggman switched back to badniks for awhile was due to the amount of ships he lost in the Unleashed intro scene.

Really makes you think, doesn't it? Almost like Sonic isn't suited for that kind of thing. Nah, can't be that. Surely if we try the same thing again we'll get a different result

They didn't. They got them from the gods or something.

I don't understand why people are mad about the Phantom Ruby anyway, it's just like the Chaos Emerald, it doesn't need any other explanation.

Sonic games were better when the Chaos Emeralds had some relevancy to the plot

>Infinite was made to be a vessel for the Phantom Ruby, but Eggman was able to utilize its full power effortlessly with a giant mech
>Infinite needs 3 days to charge up his spirit bomb but goes back to full power within minutes after Buddy neutralizes it
>the Phantom Ruby creates illusions but can also summon things from other dimensions

Cute. Post more Sonic character in costumes.

Modern Eggman created it. One of the prototypes fucked off to Classic's dimension where it was found on Angel Island by that Eggman.
The entire game of Mania is the Prototype fucking with everyone's heads.

>caring about plotholes

Are you implying that it's somehow the series fault and not the writers?

I just realized both Sonic and Mario dropped lives this year

>06 has been wiped completely, nothing from its story is left or has any effect on modern Sonic
See: Generations

It's just a level.

That's not true. Blaze is still dead.

Is Generations even canon, I just assumed it was a side story for the anniversary and Colors went straight into LW

I'm still wondering about the 0.01% Eggman thing.

Bit of both. They're trying too hard for a series of this nature

It's Eggman himself, he isn't dead

oh and

>Eggman's master plan for killing off the furry brigade would also kill himself and destroy the planet/solar system. Nobody acknowledges this.

Why does SEGA always disappoint?

infinite's boss battle music where?

And they're succeeding. Plotholes are irrelevant, stop being so fucking autistic.

where was that explained

People are too busy shitflinging to notice that. There's probably some requirement to unlock the final boss.

>not being well acquainted with the sonic lore

>And they're succeeding. Plotholes are irrelevant, stop being so fucking autistic.
>Story problems are irrelevant it's a video game lmao
Okay

Meh, he'll just go to another solar system & conquer that

It's a level in which one of the characters references remembering the events of said game. Not to mention that Runners also references 06.
Not to say I think it'll ever be relevant again but to say it has no effect on modern Sonic is false.

Generations is canon, in Forces Modern Sonic recognises Classic Sonic from Generations.

>Eggman's body makes up 0.01% of the world

I assume that was a joke, since it was himself and Mania Sonic is a different Sonic

>the Phantom Ruby creates illusions but can also summon things from other dimensions
How is this a plot hole?

And does Infinite's spirit bomb drain power from him and/or leave him weak temporarily?

They aren't problems. The enjoyment in a Sonic story doesn't come from how everything makes sense, it comes from how cool it is.

My headcanon. You need one to make the Sonic series make sense.

He's very fat, user

On the Forces website it says that Classic Sonic is the exact same one that was in Generations.

Man the harpoons.

Then how does Modern Sonic exist after the ending?

Mania Sonic and Generations Classic Sonic are the same Sonic.

Because the world always needs a Sonic

Is there a run down of character creation from the leaker?

I really want to see how that stuff works, not the clothes but the actual character design stuff. Is there only one head per race per gender or are there multiple different face/hair combos or what?

So now the past is without a Sonic?

thicc

In Generations, both Tails made a point to mention they were travelling through time AND space.
Classic Sonic is a past version of Sonic from another reality.

How would he destroy the solar system? Did he rebuild the Final Egg Blaster or something?

Then where's the Sonic in our world?

Classic Storyline
Sonic 1 > Sonic CD > Sonic 2 > Generations (since there is no Classic Knuckles in Gens) > S3K > Mania > Forces

So Mania is fucked

This . The Sonic from Generations & Mania is just a younger Sonic from another dimension.

Our world isn't good enough for one

there's a sonic inside of all of us

I figure it like this. Classic Sonic is a Sonic who hasn't had quite as many adventures as Modern Sonic yet.
The Modern cast has gone through the exact same adventures and beyond as the classic cast, with key differences.
They always had their modern designs, there was only ever one set of Chaos Emeralds, and there were never any Super Emeralds.

Perfect.

This. It's not that hard to figure out, SEGA just didn't do the best job clearing it up.

Considering in S3&K that getting the Super Emeralds changes the designs of the Chaos Emeralds to what we know today, I think it's less that the Super Emeralds don't exist and more like it was a one-time thing.

So, what happens to Mania's Phantom Ruby? It was sucked into the same wormhole Mania Sonic was, so it presumably ended up in Forces world.

>Caring about plotholes.
I bet YouTube like those assholes who review cartoons in YouTube.

>everyone in Generations thinks classic Sonic is younger Sonic
>Mania Sonic is the same as Generations Classic Sonic
>Mania Sonic pops up in Forces
>WOW YOU'RE THE SONIC FROM THAT OTHER DIMENION
WHAT
THE
FUCK

When you get to 100%, Eggman's side goes to 0%, then rises again to 0.01%.
It's definitively a "true ending" kind of thing.

Either Eggman found it and thus began his Phantom Ruby project shit, or it disappeared.
The cutscenes don't bother explaining which happened.

You read & cease the dramatics

When you clear secret and extra stages, you go beyond 100%

Does Tails become better later on? He wasn't even trying to defend the citizens at the start of the game... Failing to repair Omega is understandable, particularly because they were going for the "sonics not here hes sad" thing, but this makes no sense.

the super emeralds do exist though. They're the current emeralds, when Sonic goes to hidden palace zone, the original emeralds are destroyed and the current emeralds are created (they're just bigger in 3&K but share the same design). When Sonic gets a "super emerald" what he's really doing is restoring the power the original emeralds and putting it in the new emerald

All he does is provide loose exposition for shit the game already made clear previously like explaining that only those with strong enogh will can use the Phantom Ruby prototypes, which Infinite said in an earlier cutscene and we already see by Buddy using one in the present and is otherwise just mission control.

But Eggman still stays at 0.01%