/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood General

>Current Event
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2017/youkai-watch/
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2017/All_Saints_Wake/

>Patch 4.11 Notes & Logs
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/aee832c2c57456a26f36531c78380e74202d0d75

>Callback Campaign:
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/callback/

>Job Guide
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/jobguide/battle/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells:
pastebin.com/raw/gRv9GMrH

old:

Other urls found in this thread:

na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/freecompany/9236179148295204209/member/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This thread is under my protection!

Get a trip you fucking nuisance.

One day until leveling up with Kojin. How much do the turtle outfits cost?

Get a /pet you dorknight

Whoops, posted this in the old thread.

So what are the best role actions for DRK? I would assume low blow, provoke, rampart, convalescence, and reprisal. Would I drop one of those for ultimatum?

Too lazy to check but you should have more than enough.

>getting it only today

I was working and too tired to play for a few days. Thanks, though.

Rampart is an absolute must.

Reprisal and Convalescence are pretty much always handy to have and can be used in almost any scenario. Awareness -sometimes- has application (like being Main Tank in o3s) but not very frequently. Anticipation is "ok", better in 4-man dungeons where you can just throw it in big pulls as another small defensive CD.

Provoke and Shirk for trials and raids.

Low Blow for 4-man dungeons or solo'ing. Interject potentially depending on the context/content I suppose if you know there's a specific mechanic/boss move that can be stopped with a silence.

Nothing in the game currently ever really warrants Ultimatum.

have a nice day, fellow americans

Is grabbing a cat's pudgy belly part of the dark knight rotation?

ugly

i agree

Good night, americans

Shame the other thread got deleted

The best part of cold weather is hopefully getting to huddle up to cute girls for warmth.

No but it is an acceptable diversion when not destroying the rest of the world.

The other thread was intentionally tagged for spam. This is for the better.

Let us christen this thread with meowboys

It was for the best. Shit was getting goofy.
>tfw did it a few times in Camp Dragonhead
Those were simpler times.

tank husband looking for small cat/lizard wife to protect, pst

at the very least we know the thread's average intelligence when 30ish posters can't tell the difference between spam and real posts.

what about meowgirls

fuck off THOT

Thot begone

I want to pin you down and bounce on your meowboi cock.

NO. PUMPING.

is there an FC i can join on balmung where i wont be expected to provide therapy for any of the members?

No. If this is something that happens to you a lot, you just have a personality that encourages it.

Must have been a fun time!
Also comfy lewds while it's cold and snowing outside sounds fuckin NICE.

>you could drop provoke to pick Ultimatum to help with aoe enmity
No you couldn't. Ultimatum doesn't help with aoe enmity, because that's not how it (or Provoke for that matter) works.

i want to fuck liora

why am i a thot

What makes this fucker so fucking damn attractive enough not to care who's going to be the daddy in bed? I mean sure one might say that drk class its a very edgy concept but Fray? It ain't even close to be fucking edgy as the others.

Why do some vistas require times/weather aaaaa

>not a joke about red dead redemption
come on man

but it has spikes...

just when i was thinking lalashits were the worse shitters in the game, faggy ass male cats have to start with their bullshit.

>poor little WoLs

I have a temporary FC set up with just me and like one other person i'll be demolishing in like a week or so if you just want free buffs and a marketboard teleport.

join
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/freecompany/9236179148295204209/member/

Why can't tank armor be more like this? Simple, chainmail, actual shoulder pads. Everything has to be extra.

I think I know this person
ouo

>simple

That's plate mail, it's complicated as shit.

There's plenty of real armours in the game.

Know what the game REALLY needs more of? Actual fucking helmets. There are so many tanking headpieces that are just circlets, tiaras, or weird face-frames. Who the fuck thinks those are cool? Who thinks they are SO cool that there needs to be more of them than actual helmets?

these are both appealing to me, thanks

Spik incoming

>Would I drop one of those for ultimatum?
No. There's no reason to ever have Ultimatum in any content.
You don't ever need Low Blow either, there's nothing you can stun in endgame content. Drop that in exchange for Shirk and you're good in 8man content. Shirk and Provoke can be dropped in favor of some defensive things for 4man dungeons.

The reason for Ultimatum being completely useless is that it works in exactly the same way as Provoke, but it's a circle aoe around you. If you don't know what Provoke and Ultimatum do already, they give you 1 point of aggro above current top aggro, which lets you take aggro away from someone else but does exactly nothing if you already have aggro.
There's currently no content that requires you to swap aggro on multiple mobs at once, or even to swap aggro more often than Provoke's cooldown timer allows, so there's no reason to have Ultimatum over Provoke or anything else.

The only time Ultimatum would be slightly useful is if you die on a trash pull in a 4man dungeon and your healer resses you, but if you die in the first place in such a situation you're not going to be able to recover.

Look at the number of people that actually wear or display helmets and you'll get a good impression of why they don't spend a lot of time designing them

because it's an anime game. people want to see their anime girls with crowns

>that
>complicated

Most FFXIV armor is ridiculous. Pic related.

Tbh this game it's indeed anime but i would say that the physical aspect isn't very exaggerated as others do. So yeah the directors made a good move not to make it too cliche

This super cute dark elf is right. I want more helmets in the same style as the Steel Barbut. At least with the Adamantite Barbut you can just assume/pretend that the cloth is covering a metal top on the helmet.

That's actually not that complicated it's very predictable it's a base with a chestpiece for protection and the golden parts are symbolic. The trim is all consistent in its design and location. It's just trim + base + chestpiece + shoulders.

Too pure for this world

But what to do when it gets too warm and suddenly you find yourself leg-locked unable to escape

Its a shame we dont have music like Coerthas anymore.

Have you cleaned your Elezen today?

>Hardly any full helms in the game so no one shows them off
>Because no one shows off shitty not-helms they don't design full helms
do you understand how stupid that sounds

If I ever play meowman again ill take more than single digit pictures.

Plate mail isn't simple, it's the realistic version of high fantasy armour. I'd much rather have leather, chain, and solid plate rather than full plate.

I think you've twisted some thing there; friendo.

I'm the banana looking girl at the Limsa aetheryte tree if you'd like the one i'm about to toss away eventually.

i think you should too

>dat seductive position
what are you trying to get at with that hmmm position?

Nothing. I do not require Succor.

first lesson is in Anatomy.

>gigantic dumb wings on your front and back right shoulder
>silly pointy belt aiming for your crotch
>buttskirt
>heavy metal on the tip of the cloth
>practical

no

What is a good hardcore FC on Mateus? good I mean that has at least 20 players online at any given time of the day or night, no casual shit.

me2

do you have a puffy vulva?

>tfw ultimate is honestly pretty hype even when I'm not doing it myself

did someone say meowboys :333

i would also like to know

>tfw will never ever get to frot with this qt.

notice me bob

post thinking

nyello, sorry i haven't been doing much but crafting lately

im there and i dont see anyone who looks like a banana , i mustve missed you

Awareness is mandatory in O3S and Shinryu. If you're a WAR it's basically always better than Conva too

What happens to the items I'm selling from the retainer's inventory if I transfer the character to another world?

Lies, I'm looking at them right now!

Yeah I pretty much logged in to afk and complete my sightseeing log

damn, is that vanilla hair?

Where did I say that the picture linked before was practical? I didn't even mention it beyond the high fantasy version of full plate.

Obviously either tough it out or use the blanket as a cushion and just keep going.

Is this like christening a ship where we break wine bottles on its hull except we just smoosh catboys into the thread instead?

hi frens

i really cant figure this out, im just getting a craigslist missed connections vibe

Nnnnngh don't do this to me.
I'll be seeing you soon once my group stops getting dumpstered by double Generate into twisters.

Well, I use Crosire's reshade so the hair colour might be a bit different but other than that it's vanilla!

I guess I look more like a lemon or something.

>I look like a fruit!
Yeah because you're fucking gay.

Very true

Just is

I unironically want Fray to be my boyfriend.

>tfw neither of us can find an fc

What's in it for me?