/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Bling bling edition

Saves their coins for the morning >information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>/bbg/ Spelunking Club
Password = /bbg/
Create a new S/FRC chalice dungeon and beckon anons to join
OR
Use the Short Root Chalice with the password /bbg/ to be summoned or invade
(every Friday 6pm EST, anything goes)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne AR Calculator
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SOedAhS2Vl0,
youtube.com/watch?v=LADV0465OFc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

too soon

educate me

Just like you

>Not even bump limit

PURGE FILTH

>possible new FromSoft game trailer soon

What's the limit, 750?

I just didn't want another "spooky milfborne" episode

>0 insight
This town's finished!

>1 insight
Yharnam had been hit with a plague. The Healing church failed to contain it. Aliens watch from a distance, feeling bad for the humans.

>15 insight
The church's experiments led to a plague so old Yharnam had to be burned and sealed away. The church turned their attention to alien blood because it gave them magic superpowers like being able to access malleable dream-like worlds.

>50 insight
Yharnam is the home to a blood ministration that gives powerful abilities. The side effects of this blood magic are worse than the benefits and started to turn humans and the Pthus that came before them into violent savages. This is the curse of the Great Ones who sought to control all lesser beings for their benefit. The dream, the blood, and the nightmare are all tools or illusions used to create new Great Ones.

>99 insight
Blood is transformative in the world of Yharnam. Truly one's physical nature is "blood borne". When humans or any other creature take blood they receive some of the properties of the creature it came from. Yharnamites discovered the pthumerian ruins and began piecing it all together. Powerful institutions arose and perished because of the immense power in being able to transform into superhuman beings. The real treasure of the pthumerian civilization was the knowledge that Great Ones existed and were nearby, in a sense. They also had veins filled with precious and powerful blood. The Great Ones are otherworldly intelligent creatures who have their own motives. Some great ones want the continuation of their race, and others want to be alone. Human and pthumerian surrogates became projects of this alien race. Why even bother with lowly pthus and Humans? It takes a rare being to not be driven mad by insight, so earthly beings were prime; they were intelligent enough to cross the threshold into other planes and populous enough to attempt many trials.

Events that we'll never understand led to a Great One visiting a fishing hamlet, perhaps injured. The residents of the hamlet gained "eyes on the inside", a euphemism for eye-like organs that could see more than normal eyes could. They could witness a truer nature. Residents of the hamlet, by proximity or by imbibing blood, changed. Byrgenwerth and the hunters craved this power. Some wanted this power for themselves, some for the human race. Regardless, the order was given: take the eyes at all costs. The hamlet was massacred. Thousands died in the grotesque and secret experiments of mad church doctors. For all this trouble, the only human to get close to real enlightenment was Rom. And Rom decided to be alone for eternity.

Whatever was left of Kos put out a request to other great ones - banish these selfish and murderous animals to a nightmare curse of their own creation. The Vilebloods became bloodsucking monstrosities, much like the vampires of their local lore. Yharnamites became the werewolves that the church once scared children with tales of, edging closer and closer to the darkbeast. And the church themselves became disinterested and weak kin, like some 2-bit copy of Ebrietas. The new plane that the church academics worked so hard on was twisted into a bloody mess for guilty hunters and clerics to suffer in.

While all this was happening, the nameless moon presence saw an opportunity. Other great ones strived for children, children who could have enough power to threaten the moon presence. After all, great ones can die and humans can kill them. So it took control of the hunters and gave them a new direction: hunt the great ones. Take down the church and with it any threat. Hunters who became powerful enough to oppose it would be tricked into servitude. That was the plan anyway.

>100 insight
Bloodborne is a cool game tell your friends!

>The sky and the kosm R1.
What did they mean by this?

It's a pvp combo for arcane builds

hey since people seem to like pvp videos i fucked around with sony vegas and made a short video on chalice stuff youtube.com/watch?v=SOedAhS2Vl0, it's sloppy because it was my first time using vegas and had no idea of what i was doing but i hope someone likes it regardless
if anyone likes it i could make more, they require almost no effort and i have tons of content already

It says that the video is unavailable to me

try now

haha that bsb. I love it when enemies nope the fuck out like that, I have a couple of webms in the pipe like that.

yes make more pls

ALright it’s that time, that late nite comfy coop time. Beckoned’s choice, Ailing loran layer 3 or mergo’s midriff

Comfy npc coop it is

Can somebody please tell me I'm not crazy?

I remember clear as day there being an ending to iosefka's quest line that ended in a cutscene. Where some failed clone of her crawls up to the hunter, then melts into a pool of blood and gives you the umbilical cord. But replaying it I couldn't recreate it. And looking it up online is turning up jack shit.

This isn't that berenstain bears alternate timeline/fake memory bullshit is it?

seems to me just you getting memories of the Post-Blood Moon conclusion to her arc mixed up with the beginning of the game cinematics

Wow this general's dead

>I just didn't want another "spooky milfborne" episode
You did well.

Don't believe the memes: HMS and Logarius' Wheel with nourishing abyssal deal a FUCKTON of damage on a 30/30 STR/ARC build.

It's fucking glorious.

you can pump it up to 38/38 and have the perfect str/arc build if you don't plan on using the church cannon

Probably, but I like to put a shitton of points into END so I can do the full moveset of the weapons I'm going to use and have just enough stamina left for a dodge or an extra hit.

My STRARC build is a 45 25 30 12 9 30, 9 BLT for the church rifle.

On 30/30 the wheel is best with flat arc gems, you only want nourishings on the HMLS

What’s fiery hot,
Best served between two buns
And kicking my ass right now?

Layer 2 of cursed ptuu, pass bbg
Come find out, beckoning

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
*BTUM**BTUM**BTUM**BTUM**BTUM*
NWHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

boop the snoot

>throws blood cocktail

THE BOOPS THEY DO NOTHING

>source: my ass

>But that's explicitly wrong
Nope.
In Demon's Souls there are multiple characters who are fighting the demons. The Crestfallen Warrior is one of those who were fighting the demons but he got killed and he's too much of a coward to go out and fighet the demons in phantom form so he's just sitting put and fading away in the Nexus. Other NPCs will make references to people going out and fighting the demons.

In Dark Souls 1 the Crestfallen Warrior tells of other people who have also heard of the "fate of the Undead" and other NPCs will also tell you about other "chosen Undead" on their missions.

Dark Souls 2 didn't really have that from the NPC side imo.

Dark Souls 3 had a bunch of named Unkindled who were out to slay Lords just like you. Hawkwood(Crestfallen of that game), Anri&Horace (tied to Aldrich, you can even help Anri kill Aldrich in her own world), Siegward (tied to Yhorm, he will come to aid you in the fighet if you help him along the way). I think Sirris might've been on the quest to slay Lothric but the lore is pretty silent on this.

In Bloodborne a lot of the NPCs, enemies and bosses you meet are hunters who are cleansing the streets just like you.

And that's just the singleplayer. Due to how the players' worlds are connected and you can co-op and pvp with people in your own and others' worlds and see apparitions and bloodstains of fellow hunters and huntresses, other people who are briefly connected to you online like this, are the NPCs in your world, the player ghosts / apparitions act as kind of organic stage extras that reinforce the idea that you're not the only one engaged in the fight against the demons / hollows / Lords / beasts

Night bbg. Gonna be boopin snoots and getting trampled in my dreams.

Good night

we should do something this halloween.

there is that saint riot event going on that's supposed to start today

please tell me they're doing a sinister bell run s i can invade it

they are, NG+ full game run sinister bell run.

what time do they start and what BL?

i think it's BL125, so you better prepare a save file and boost your 98

not sure when it starts, just know it goes from Oct30-Nov 1

>go to the clinic and talk to Iosefka
>she tells me to locate white survivors and help them to the clinic so as to not contract the black beast plague
What did Iosefka mean by this?

I enjoyed it.

You must have dreamed it or remembered it incorrectly, because it definitely doesn't exist within the game.

It's not surprising that not a lot of people are posting at six in the AM.

Look at the fucking balls on that bacon.

Nice to see I made the cut lol
Especially the Undead Giant fight. Those jumps were quite the ass clencher when
Good video my dude! Please make more

Stop posting that webm.

>smug trap
nice

lmao what's that thing on the right

the proof that players who use female characters have a subhuman iq

morning bbg

Morning user

30minutes untill preshow, ARE YOU GUYS READY FOR BLOODBORNE 2????

Never happening

even the little skeletal at the bottom right of my browser disagrees

I wish. They won't show anythimg by From, I'm sure.

nice, surprised one of my funnier fuckups is in there

>woops ran past an it-
>SHIT

is there any evidence from will even be there?

No lol, we know nothing.

Who's up for some co-op?
I'll be beckoning on Lower Loran for Darkbeast on my twink (prepare for downscaling)
Password bbg

alright, coming. wait for two?

I will

Ringing at fog

here's something i've been confused about and i didn't play the DLC so maybe that's why....

How and when did the scourge begin? Some people said it was after the ashen blood and some people say it was due to the moon presence influence

Thanks Bagel

Alrighty

Anyone want to help me kill Ludwig?
Bl 39
Pass bbg321
Ringing at fog wall

Ringing

Thank you kawaii black man

>Indieshit and VR
Wake me up. Please From Software, be in this.

This is the preshow, it's good that they get rid of this garbage before it starts.

I'm trying to get the Platinum for this game since I love it so much, but the trying to get the Yharnam Queen trophy is kicking my ass atm.

The Defiled Chalice fucking sucks. I hate the fact that my health is halved, and I hate the Watchdog even more. I beat Maria first try, but I can't beat that fucking faggot dog

just like Ludwig, you'll eventually learn every move it has

and try to use a long weapon so you can hit the nose

git gud

Hotdog is easy.
Amy is the one that can be a pain in the ass if it wants to be.

Amygdala? I remember that fight being piss easy in the main game, but have heard that the Defiled version is a pain in the ass.

Is the Chalice with the Yharnam Queen in it at least easy?

I'm using Ludwig's Holy Sword and it seems to be good enough for damage, I just get one-shot constantly

Need help?

Oh once i too played the game for the first time

Amy fight seems very RNG trying to bait her leg or head stomps

amy is easy in the main game, beat her twice on the first try in NG/NG+, but I'll be damned if the chalice variant isn't the stuff of nightmares, especially during co-op

How much VIT do you have?

Ihyll (Chalice with Yharnam) has 2 tough bosses but your health isn't cut in half, so it can be easy depending on how well you do with those two. Learn to dodge the charge, stay in front of Doggo to slap his face after he does a bite/swipe. Just don't hit it too early or else he'll string in other attacks. You should be able to survive most attacks with 40+ Vit and at least one Clock Rune iirc

I don't even know how co-op works in this game, I've never bothered with it. I assume it's different to the Souls games because I haven't seen a single summon sign on any of my playthroughs

I've beaten it multiple times with different weapons

50 and that one rune that gives you more, I guess I'm just used to having tons of health and am a bit sloppy with dodges

Go to settings>network to enter password
Then just ring the beckoning bell

Does level matter when summoning for Chalice Dungeons? Because I'm a pretty high level

If you use a password level doesnt matter.
Higher level summons will be nerfed down to your summon range

Sony show just started
youtube.com/watch?v=LADV0465OFc

fingers crossed for no sequel

Fingers crossed for new IP

Okay, password is bbg55

>No bloodborne
>No From
WHAT ARE TEHY DOING??????? IT'S SOON BEEN 3 YEARS SINCE BLOODBORNE. WHAT THE FUCK IS THE A TEAM DOING????

I was hoping the last reveal would have been it. pitiful, really. atleast monster hunter looks cool

Pic related

>it was just an E3 rerun
Why did I expect anything different

They did Dark Souls 3 and the DLC. But this silence is awful, I wish we got at least a teaser. The last hope is PSX on December.

>Dark Souls 3
I wrote A team.

>it turns out the other half of E3 was just E3 again with Suckerpunch and more VR

Dark Souls 3 was by the A team as well, and it shows. If it was made by the B team it would somehow resemble Dark Souls 2 and they are nothing alike.

We've been over this a thousand times. DS3 was not made by the Bloodborne team, Miyazaki took a couple of people from that team with him when he left to work on it. Everyone else is a mix of DS2 staff and other employees that were not cherry picked for BB.