/arena/ - Arena FPS General

[muffled rattling in the background] edition. Don't look but there is a SKELETON INSIDE YOU RIGHT NOW. And now there's only a skeleton because you just got telefragged. You dork.

A place to discuss all of your favorite old-school and modern arena shooters such as Quake Live, Quake Champions, Unreal Tournament, Reflex, etc.

Current Q:C News: Couple esports™ tournaments going on this week. Twitch drops are apparently clegged up so no more multiple free chests per day, booo. Rumor mill sez the November patch- if it happens- won't be any content changes, just performance stuff, so expect the reign of Doomguy and Anarki to continue. Suicide is always the answer.

Latest Q:C patch:
bethesda.net/community/topic/113187/patch-notes-early-access-update-18-10-17

Pastebin with download links for FREE GAMES: pastebin.com/NzQifF9b

>Tutorials
youtube.com/watch?v=SlCRfTmBSGs
youtube.com/watch?v=pLmuRRm1Bag&list=PLxP7tvMqaXzDjw7OYYIEbplCdZOaHLFPg
youtube.com/watch?v=f8CP1oSy_-o
youtube.com/watch?v=QRe3g65S4Zs&list=PLgbx1wWCtM2DYy26yCLbtY6A0XRiSEM3u&index=1
youtube.com/watch?v=n2tdDZWSGy4
youtube.com/watch?v=dkED2PSrl1c

Q:C custom weapon skin showcase, complete with dual wield:
my.mixtape.moe/qebphk.webm

>List of /arena/ fags willing to play Q:C
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w_r9pS_mV3vAZXwJmb5gM5LB2km77pkAx9s0aGFDxR0/

2spooky4you? Take refuge in the last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oWuyrlXI7nA
rigelatin.net/q3a/quotes/bones.php
youtube.com/watch?v=cYi3qT1rQzA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for Halloween

2nd for claim your quake waifu (2d and 3d)
i claim
>hunter
>that cute redhead russian strimmer who doesnt know how to SJ

6-7 and mostly, yes

>Slash
>Adrian Carmack

>finns are the best people on the world
youtube.com/watch?v=oWuyrlXI7nA

any video soley on tracking/aiming?
inconsistency is my main problem. its always 50/50 when it comes to aim

post cm/360 before asking retarded questions

>halloween on 4chin
>OP knows exactly what he must do
I am never disappoint in you OP

>Veeky Forums

i'm pretty sure that's where the problem lies, i learned pretty quickly not to try to make any friends here the couple people I added on steam years ago turned out to be some obnoxious weirdos so I'm not surprised that in your case you would meet some flaming faggots here.

s-sorry

55cm/360

don't reply to satania posters
report and ignore satania posts

>55
>has problems tracking
i think the issue is in your brain pal
no amount of tutorial videos will fix that

Whats the spookiest AFPS?

overwatch
the halloween event is super spoopy and original

Painkiller was pretty spooky when I was 16 and didn't realize it was just a badass old school FPS.

Quake1 really spooked me as a kid

Doom on PS1 spooped me as a kid, mostly due to music tho
>walk round the corner
>revenant AAAGH
>starts beating you up

>Orbb was so weird even Carmack was afraid

Q1 for me, the ost combined with the environments are just creepy

doom 3

I'd agree with that. The Pink Demon ambushes plus random Hell-Knights ambushing you spooked the fuck out of me as a kid.

Doomguy loses the ability to double jump or jump altogether BUT his ssg now shoots 50 pellets and has a 25% slower fire rate.
y/n?

no

all of this
And from me I would add Blood - quite spoopy and badass MC-antihero.

Doom 3

>In the chat lines he mentions himself as many female bots ex-boyfriend randomly to taunting foes.

Is bones the biggest chad in Q3?

>rigelatin.net/q3a/quotes/bones.php
*spooks intensifies*
I'm rattling on out of here.

>give her the bone

>youtube.com/watch?v=cYi3qT1rQzA

I forgot how spooky this shit was.

Yeah the OST is a masterpiece really. Was playing Arcane Dimensions the other day too and got reminded by how great the music was and surprised by how great the actual mod is. The level design is just impeccable and goes way beyond the original stuff.

He's a skeleton, so technically he's been in every Quake 3 girl.

HAHAHA WOWWWWWWWWWWWW

>"This article is a Stub."
Note to self; pay more attention to the bot pages after I stop being so busy.
My favorite is Major, she's the reason I have thing for tomboys. And to think of it I think Major was my first crush.

>when a doom picker says gg at the end of a dm

Not EVERY Q3A girl.

I don't like this model. It's way too thin in the middle.

Does it HUH you frank?

it makes me want to feed Hunter

cooller and rapha dialogue on stream

what would Calebs passive and active be?

Is the rail hitreg really off this patch or did I get worse?

dont think anythings changed

I played Q1 for the first time and the atmosphere reminded me more of that of a horror game and I loved it for it. All around really bleak and oppressive, like Ranger was really fighting against the odds as a one man army.

Then my aim is RIP in pain ;_;

well ofc its also possible the servers are acting up

HUH
U
H

he respawned on you and telefragged you?

HUH

It's not that everyone here is a creepy faggot, is that the only people desperate enough to come here to look for friends are.

yes

H
U
H

what a fucking mess

why do people get mad at me for playing anarki

because you are a muppet

whats wrong with being a muppet

bind "3" "say ^7 huh"

you're a weenie playing ezmode is all

atleast i'm not playing doomslayer

doomslayer doesn't have a "lol u didn't shoot me nuh-nuh-nuh :^))" button

yeah but he is ten times more bullshit in other ways

>keeping thread alive
HUH

alias huh "say huh; bind mouse2 huuh"
alias huuh "say huuh; bind mouse2 huh"
bind mouse2 huh

>not having jumping be a part of the script so you can HUUH while you HUUH

>alias huh "+moveup; say huh; bind mouse2 huuh"
>alias huuh "+moveup; say huuh; bind mouse2 huh"
>bind mouse2 huh
Ftfy guys

Assuming we're talking Q1 here:
>jump is +jump, not +moveup
>commands that use +/- (moving, jumping, etc) will not automatically reset when used in aliases and must have the - form of the same command used at some point in the script (i.e. if you use +jump in that loop, you'll only jump once and then be stuck in the + state)

> like Ranger was really fighting against the odds as a one man army.

All classic ID games give me that vibe.

Except Wolf3D which is too corny to be spooky.
do-dododo
do-dododo
do-dododo
pzhewww
ACHTUNG

alias +huh "h1"
alias -huh "-jump"
alias h1 "+jump;say huh;alias +huh h2"
alias h2 "+jump;say huuh;alias +huh h1"
bind +huh

wrote this on my phone. this one ACTUALLY works

haha yeah haha

hahaha
KEEL when?

>he's so top tier that there's no difference between Q3 and QC fragvids

I thought it was NAWHAWHAWHAW

scalebearer has a stupid face

>nyx and slash share a VA with sara ryder
>yet scalebearer's the autistic one

because A. nyx and slash are both cute as fuck and have good voices, and 2. scalebearer is the one with a literal tard-rage hotkey

>using the starter shotgun
>accidentally pick up the super shotgun

>wonder what's the deal with faggots killing me from across the map by pegging me repeatedly with the starter shotgun
>try it myself and immediately understand

shit's bullshit yo

MG is probably a bit worse overall, but still useful in many situations the SG isn't. Go with MG for Duel, SG for team modes and FFA

I grab one or the other depending on map- if I know there's a lot of smaller areas where I'm more likely to spawn face to face with someone, I'll take the shotty, especially if the in-map MG pickup is in an odd or out of the way spot (like the on-a-shelf-in-the-corner MG on Sarnath). If you can grab the heavy MG and keep the starter shotgun you've got the best of both worlds, unless you're REALLY good at landing point blonk SSG shots (probably against Anarkis who will immediately inject and then pummel you before you can shoot again).

>especially if the in-map MG pickup ISN'T in an odd or out of the way spot
Whoops, makes more sense now.

HUH

so no more twitch drops?

Apparently not. Haven't got shit in days.

Live on /arena/

dead

>champion whose feet almost never touch the ground is toppest tier in a meta where the only useable weapon is rl

if only there was a weapon that punished people jumping around in giant predictable arcs... hmmmm.....

if only aforementioned champion's hitbox allowed him to be hit by said weapon during this arc.... hmmmmmmm....

as if jumping seems to be the counter to rockets
really makes you think doesn't it.

Regular jumps aren't great as a counter to rockets because you make yourself predictable and land again in like 150ms

Doomguy's double jump is worth about four jumps, and while the landing spot is predictable, the airtime is huge, so you better land a direct rocket or swap to hitscan. Except weapon switch is slow in QC, and he'll be raining rockets down as he does it, and even if you predict it, you have to deal with his inconsistent lower body hitbox as you try to shaft or rail him

really dires my orb

I'm back to the game after like 40 days. What the fuck happened to lizer as a pick. Even Scalebearer I see more often these days

Did people finally realize huge stacks are a meme, and that's it's better to be smaller and faster, even if you have less HP? Or was it just that the LG fix left tanks as the only easy LG targets

basically what you said yeah, plus i think they fixed that double damage bug on lizer's spit.

it's all slash, niggerki and doomguy now.

what happened is that doomguy is the new super op, no skill required shit on everyone meme instead of sorlag.
so people flock to him obviously

Sorlag was never busted. Even back when the spit did 10 DOT it was still one of the shittiest abilities in the game. Bearer is a much better heavy, and his ability is like a million times better. Amazing in Duel. Amazing in FFA/TDM. AMAZING in Sac. Now with the armor stack buff, it won't take long for people to realize how good he really is

And I really doubt Doomguy is actually OP, just a lot of hype and people still sore over losing the busted LG. The only really busted character is Anarki, which has remained S tier throughout all iterations of balance, all weapon metas, etc. His basic design and ability make him strong no matter what you do to the weapons

>>Did people finally realize huge stacks are a meme, and that's it's better to be smaller and faster, even if you have less HP?

This is not a useful statement at all.
A large stack is better than a small stack, lower hitbox and high mobility is better than the opposite. Which one is better depends on situation. There are other factors.

I hate people who say "a smaller, faster hero is always better because quake is all about mobility", they obviously can't into logic.

>sorlag was never busted
t. nirah

memes aside, sorlag was picked because the lg was busted and if you wiggled your aim, you had the same % accuracy on anarki and clutch.
the reason scalebearer wasnt picked is because his shit mobilty, and clutch still cannot shield downwards, and is generally a meme.

>jumping is the counter to rockets
never change, shitters