/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

The scent of bat blood edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Paris trailer 10/30: youtube.com/watch?v=64ql8jQBgsw
↳Demo Gameplay 8/22: youtube.com/watch?v=WBg6KnkpaXU
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>Quick Reference
-MHXX Update 1.2.0 w/ Eng Patch v4: my.mixtape.moe/glpowg.png
↳3DS to Switch Save Data App: my.mixtape.moe/ezwmnj.png

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=psZM3K11ApU
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Less monsters = good
Less weapons = good
Less content = good

>Uragaan needed a do-over anyway.
Yeah, I agree. It needed a do-over, as in a complete change in moveset. Not "literally just uragaan but instead of rolling around in ore and lava, he rolls around in tar and bones"

The only things he did during his screentime during the trailer were do a double chin slam and the Mega-slam, both of which already exist on current Uragaan.

I'm optimistic that this New Uragaan won't be shitty and annoying, but they're not giving me reasons to believe.

Uragaan is great.Piss off kid

less quality = good
less copypaste = BAD
less fighting the same monsters from the past 4 games again = BAD

MHW is going to be garbage. Reused monsters. Reused bones. Reused weapons. Casualized. No colors. No waifus. No prowler. No anime moves. DLC ridden. Not on Nintendo console. No Nintendo bonus. No Amiibo. No motion gimmicks. No Mario DLC. No Zelda DLC.

All in all, not even worth pirating.

MHW will be good!

>tar
now that you mentioned it, what are the odds that World will finally reveal Gog's actual habitat?

fuck off cunt. say something useful or not at all

>inaccurate shitty fanart in the OP
You can do better OP

>what are the odds that World will finally reveal Gog's actual habitat?
Considering he would probably be covered in bones if he was from the Rotten Vale, I doubt that's where he's from.

I'd be interested to see if anything 4th gen is coming back at all, because iirc no 4th gen monsters have been revealed yet.

>the state of this general

Monster Hunter was a mistake.

What are some natural looking monsters from other games we might see in World?

>natural looking
Bit of a stretch to say anything in monster hunter is natural-looking, but tetsu and zamtrios would fit in well I think.

To be honest, World already has too many monsters.
15 would be perfect.

>tfw don't want to buy a PlayStation Cuck subscription to play 1 or 2 games online

Looks awful.

Remove half the teeth and half the claws and it's cool

Looks great

Looks terrible.

Clifford over here looks real fucking crazy. He's seen thrashing around Boneagaan and Paolumu in the trailer, so maybe this is the new Deviljho? A nomadic carnivore that just destroys everything in its path?

Shit tier

I like it

Looks mediocre

I can already tell there's going to be times where all that flipping will look fucking retarded, like 3U Brachydios, but I think it's cool

2 MONSTERS LMAO
DOESNT EVEN HAVE ROCKETDRAGON LMAOOO
SHITGAME LMAO

NO SWITCH NO BUY
LMAO

>a literal phrehistoric animal with more teeth and claws
At least it's not a dinosaur, so I won't complain to much about it.

Can sonyfags and nintendofags please both fuck off to /v/ and let MH fans discuss one of the few good franchises out there? Can you leave us atleast that pleasure?

They can't, they don't even realize they're shitposting at each other and themselves

>Clifford
Fuck, Thanks for the nostalgia

nice falseflag, Nintendies

Whens my boy deviljho gonna show up to trash these new monsters? Him, zinogre, and brachy have to show up since theyre pretty much iconic for the franchise

Zinogre can fuck off forever tbqh

I getchu f am... a-at least it's only $50 ($60?) a year...

This.Looks ugly and has worst subspecies in whole franchise.Fuck Zinogre

>brachy
>iconic

zinogre and brachy are spinoff monsters that only tribabs think are acceptable or fit in the franchise. worse than some frontier monsters, knowing that actual effort was put into making them into uniquely terrible monsters

Should I just preorder? I usually wait until sales, but that'll be months from release. The prices usually increase on start too.

Brachydios or relative in MHWorld when?

24 games a year for 50 bucks is a pretty good eal to be honest. Sure most months are trash but i have yet to see a year where i didnt atleast get my 50 dollars back with 2-4 games i liked. Also don't underestimate the discounts

Also yes sonyshill blabla whatever

for what, ps4? ofcourse not silly

sell the ps4 for a PC upgrade, not like anything other than death stranding is going to be a decent exclusive. even god of war looking like some sjw trash

Here you go!

Realistically when can we expect a pc release date confirmation ?

PC is going to get Dragon's Dogma treatment.

shortly after the PS4 beta

But I like Bloodborne :^(

>tfw not sure if fake, or just Frontier

>god of war some sjw trash
i swear you people are really grasping at straws at this point. GoW is a literal male powerfantasy the exact opposite of femnazi swj trash. You need to chill on the "cuck, not my son, i educate myself with memes" brainwashing, it'S starting to affect your intelligence.

So the same game minus some crossover armor, but it runs way better?

Imagine being such an afterthought, you don't even have a release date

Most importantly, released years later

says it in the filename, MHXR

MHXR actually

The theme is, at least.

DD didn't have a PC version announced at all until years later. MHW was announced for all systems at the same time. Go be retarded somewhere else.

seconding this

There is no point in talking sense to some of them. They're gone too deep into the /pol/ hivemind mentality to think for themselves. It's all "us versus them"-tribalsm nowadays because that's easier to grasp for some of these cavemen than actually looking past absolute surface-level

60fps cap is not enough
I demand uncapped.

+10 yen

The game looks like fucking shit, worse than the psp games.

well the gameplay just looks like boring QTE spam souls. the same shit that made doom 4 such trash. theyre the ones grasping at straws here trying to prolong that franchise.

regardless it's kinda strange to finally have a current (early ps4 tier) gen MH game and willingly pay a subscription to play it online at 30fps. buy it for bloodborne, play that thoroughly, and sell it like a normal person

>people now ironically hate Zinogre and Brachy.

I fucking hate this general, each iteration it gets shittier. Everything now is fucking Frontier.

I've hated them since their first reveal, newfag.

Hugs!
No fugs

>game looks bad
>sjw = bad
>god of war = sjw
amazing logic there. Also amazing goalpost moving.

Looks fucking awful. How is anyone excited for this?

People have hated Zinogre since P3rd's reveal.

MH is about immersion and atmosphere, and flashy anime shit ruins my comfiness.

Zinogre is piss easy and has a garbage design. It's on par with the World abominations.

It's a combination of having brain and taste. Nothing you'll ever understand :^).

mh is about hunting monsters, though.

not the same guys and I don't really care about the sjw/pol shit, but this game is a steaming pile of shit compared to its predecessor

How can you even defend the flagship being a complete punching bag with 2 moves that are extremely telegraphed?
At least this red thing has shown 3 moves, but its design is absolutely vile.

sounds to me like every other GoW game so where is the problem? Also there is an easy answer to your last part. It costs me more money to upgrade my pc to a point where it runs MHW better than my 3 year old ps4 than i could get for selling it. So i might aswell keep the console for the occasional exclusive. Don't be so offended by other peoples purchase decisions. I'm equally offended by people spending money on apple products but you don't see me sperging on the internet about it.

>the moves shown in a trailer are the only moves it has

Cool pls send me your exclusive early copy of the game after you're done playing it

No, the moves shown in the gameplay.
youtube.com/watch?v=psZM3K11ApU

You can't seriously tell me that this isn't a garbage fight.

I bet you also hate Narga? Just because a fight is ez doesn't mean the monster is shit and boring to fight. Barioth, Narga and Zinogre are monster that are ez but really fun to fight. They can also be challenging sometimes (looking at you 140GQ zinogre). After all MH is about having fun and not try hard AoE bullshit for the sake of making a monster "hard".

t. Grandpa

>How can you even defend the flagship being a complete punching bag with 2 moves that are extremely telegraphed?
Which flagship are you talking about?

Your shitty argument is true for one game, and I bet you didn't play the comfiest.
OUT

Nergigante of course. All two or three of his moves are ridiculously telegraphed, to the point where you'd have to be braindead to get hit by them.

hame runs aren't comfy
3DS isn't comfy in general
that fucking thing actually ruined my eyesight

Only green Narga and 140 Zin are good.

sent :^)))

only GS fags think 140 zin is good, it's one of the most unfairly biased monsters ever when it comes to weapon matchups

Narga is mediocre to decent, actually.

dont pre order unless you want a limited or collectors edition

A GS fag with a small GS and a shield, yes
or a long GS that shoots fire or dodge three times

Good.

Also, Nergigante doesn't even look like he belongs in Monster Hunter.

>monster is only weak against a certain weapon
WOOWWWWWWWW WHAT CAN I DO
it's not like I can use that weapon!

I agree. A new 1TB ps4 is on retail for $200, and trying to sell used that isn't half that price is nearly fucking impossible. BB alone is worth buying the ps4 imo. I've spent well over the ps4's worth in hours just on that one game and I plan to play more of it.

>it's one of the most unfairly biased monsters ever when it comes to weapon matchups
That's what makes it good, monsters like that are interesting and we need more of them.

Shut up, user, everyone knows you can only use one weapon
Ever heard of maining, retard?
Learning multiple weapons is too hard in this intricate game

>200
nice meme.its 300 euros on amazon

i was actually kidding

it's also the reason why plesioth is a shit monster.

where are all the monsters specifically weak to other weapons then
situational weapon advantage is fine but it's just the same weapons every time