/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (Speccy screenshot), operating system, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get Nintendo games
OR
>Where do I get PS3 games
OR
>Where do I get 3DS games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

First for: What I want then is for you to piss off from my timeline and no longer appear wherever I am talking, and also to shut your mouth online about me. That is what I want.

how do i add scanlines to just the background layer? I want to apply different shaders to SNES layers.

vita emulator when

SP must pay for his crimes

If you can go a whole thread without asking this, I'll make you one.

Great start, faggots.

Let's emulate some N64. Never was a big fan of that console and gladly skipped it for a PSX back in the days but I'm giving it another chance. Starting with OoT. It's not bad but the start drags a bit. But Zelda games always have a slow start so I'm toughing it out. Just hope the state of N64 isn't going to bite me in the ass.

>state of N64 emulation

Whops.

What I want then is for you to piss off from my timeline and no longer appear wherever I am talking, and also to shut your mouth online about me. That is what I want. Also, reimburse the money for that Shield hardware would be a nice gesture back. "I don't like you and have no interest in working with you" - yeah the dude who sent you that hardware whom I had to convince to send it to you because I wanted to show my appreciation for your work would be sure glad to know what the return on his investment was - 'alright, hope he stays'. That is what happens when I take chances on people. Pathetic parasite. If you don't like me and have no interest working with me, then you don't need the toys I hooked you up with either. Reimburse the money already. There is a 'donate' button on the website right there, with several options on how to reimburse it. And no, I don't need the hardware back, I need that money you took from a guy whom 'you don't like'. I can find better contributors that I could hook up with some other gear instead, and unlike you they don't stalk me around either and fling mud in my face.
Go fuck yourself with your sanctimonious bullshit, and BTW, next time I see you entering another thread again where I am around, one of my repos, places where you were unmentioned, and you keep this kind of 'prodding' along, I will report you. That I can assure you. I am about fed up with your constant vitriolic bullshit buddy and now I'm about to do something about it. You are put on notice here. All your posts are going to be deleted, out of sight, out of mind. Your presence is unwanted and undesired from this point on, and I will make sure that you stay gone.

I would honestly recommend playing the 3DS version. It has a consistent framerate at 30, and plenty convenience updates. Like not needing to open the inventory screen every single time you want to switch boots.
Pretty sure it has c-lit camera control as well, with updates. Majora's mask has that by default.

Why are you playing that? Why not Link's Awakening or Minish Cap? Oracle of Ages and Seasons? Link Between Worlds? Twilight Princess? You have so many better options.

Restarted Revenge of Shinobi and I'm having a much easier time after reading that you should try to play like a ninja and slowly pick people off. Really appreciate the anons who have been giving me genesis recommendations.

I've completed OoT multiple times over the years with PJ64 1.6, and I would assume that whatever you're using is at least as good as that. I think you'll be fine.

The point here is "discovering the N64 library", not getting the best Zelda game.

Still fucking with some shaders. It looks like shit without one and I'm not too satisfied with the results I'm getting with caligiri or hylllian which are my usual to-go-shaders

That's good to hear.

>"discovering the N64 library"
Oh. Play something fun like Sin and Punishment then.

Can someone explain why the this is happening?
I'm on 64bit linux, I thought this was a bug that got fixed?
I literally just cloned the github and compiled it and the core update still doesn't work

>Pretty sure it has c-lit camera control as well, with updates. Majora's mask has that by default.
Just checked. Nope. Still limited to z-target for direct camera control on that one.

Does anyone have the Mega pack of MAME with hundreds of ROMs ready to go?

I recently lost it all to an HD failure and a ready to go pack would be so much faster than having to download it all individually.

What's a good tablet for emulating Gamecube/PS2/Wii? I'm looking for something that's as affordable as I can get without skimping too much on power. 30FPS/720p is acceptable, as long as it's stable and won't drop that much.

how do I upgrade my floppy disc into a hard drive

>What's a good tablet for emulating Gamecube/PS2/Wii?
No such thing.

A few years and a job will do the trick.

what platform? post the value of "core_updater_buildbot_url" in your retroarch.cfg

I know you said 64bit linux, but is this x86, ARM, or what

ayy lmao

Apparently it can be done. There's videos of Youtube people emulating GC/Wii on a Surface Pro 4 and a Surface Pro 3. I'm just trying to see if I can get anything cheaper than that since those seem to run from $500-$700+.

Forget it

64bit x86
>core_updater_buildbot_url = "buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/linux/x86_64/latest/"
The URL is fine, which is why I have no idea why this is happening.
This is the config file that it's using too

>tablet

I'm using mednafen to emulate PS1. When I toggle full screen (ALT+Enter) the image doesn't stretch entirely, so I'm stuck with a tiny game image with black covering most of the screen. This might be a pretty basic issue, but I couldn't find anything on the wiki nor doing a google search.

By that I mean RA isn't defaulting to some other config
It also gives me a error for downloading ".index extended" whenever I open the core updater.
mednafen emulates native resolution user

What about reading the FUCKING DOCUMENTATION on the FUCKING OFFICIAL SITE?!

>mednafen emulates native resolution
I'm aware, but I don't see how that's related. since it looks bigger even when windowed. I don't want 1080p, just make it occupy that wasted space so it doesn't feel like a gameboy.

>There's videos of Youtube people emulating GC/Wii on a Surface Pro 4 and a Surface Pro 3.
Yeah and they only run the simplest, easiest to emulate games.

I did, but haven't found anything helpful. There are some things I don't understand, though, English isn't my native language.

You need to adjust the scaling
I'm guessing you're on windows? the config file should be filled out already, just find the scaling setting and crank it up

anyone else finally give in and switch to retroarch?
i like that it can tell games to automatically launch to a second monitor and fullscreen.
its good for frontends

>give in
What did he meme by this???

RetroArch is terrible and it's only hurting emulators. Death to this piece of shit and everyone behind it

Been using it for years with no issue
I even switching to compiling the nightlies so I don't have to rely on an outdated repo
user pls

I don't know about a tablet. As that sounds just plain stupid as FUCK.

GPD Win can play the lighter games at native just fine. Around $300, handheld form factor, built in controls, 720p IPS screen, Intel X7-Z8700 or Z8750, running Windows 10.
Hell, it can push out Wind Waker full speed assuming you give it a shader cache. Though I only tried Ishiiruka 700something.
As said though, you can only expect the simplest and easiest to emulate games. Wind Waker is just about the limit.

i really didnt want to use a bundle emulator
they're kinda aimed at retards

Yes! That's what I was looking for. The scaling option for PS1 was separated in the .cfg and I was messing with something else. Thank you, user!

>Sin and Punishment

Noted. But I'll try to finish OoT first, if only so I can join in when the cool kids talk about it.

Well, RA is aimed for and by retards, nothing new

Those are so expensive because they are decently powered x86 machines. They almost aren't even tablets. If you want a tablet because they are usually cheap, the price/perfomance of a tablet is going to be worse compared to a regular laptop which already much worse than a desktop.

>decently powered x86 machines
You're kidding right?
ULV with integrated graphics is weak as fuck

It's not really a bundle emulator per say, and definitely not aimed at retards. Because retards keep complaining it's hard to use.
It's an API system of sorts designed for tight low level performance, for both sync and latency.
Not about bundling emulators, but rather just adapting them for use in the same way.

Compared to your average ARM SoC they are very powerful

Compared to proper desktops or even laptops, yes. But compared to all the other 'tablet' and 'portable gaming' devices out there, these things are a fucking godsend.
Ultra low power devices have actually gotten fairly powerful. Like in the Z8700 can push out Wind Waker on 2amp 6watt, if I remember correctly.
'decently' is absolutely the right word.

Retroarch isn't an emulator, and if retroarch is aimed at retards, they're doing a fucking terrible job since most anons here can't even puzzle out the simple gui.

>can't figure out the gui
Really? Are you sure those aren't newfags?

RetroArch is an environment emulator.
It emulates the frame rate and audio rate required to smoothly play the system in question as quickly as possible.
Discuss.

>newfags

Some of them are so mad about RA they shitpost about it for fucking years.

>RetroArch is an environment emulator
This is why this thread always dies. No one here knows shit about emulation

I still think moving the xbar was a bad idea. GLUI has it right.

End user here, I want to marry Bianca.

/emugen/ here
I want to marry bianca

Autist here, I want to hold hands with Bianca, go on a date and tell her how much I love her smile.

Dev here, I want to violently rape Bianca in front of after their date.

I want her to dance at at least 60fps on a touch screen device for a little more intimate, somewhat sexual contact.

Who is bianca

Ryphecha's real name.

So last thread I was the one who had that random hiccuping and pausing on their psx emulators.

I found out what it was. Had nothing to do with my hdd.
Weird as it sounds, it was gpus fans revving up. The temperature settings I had manually put them at would make them fluctuate with how fast they would go. And every time they sped up or slowed down, that's when the stutter would occur.

I'm 99% sure this is the case since I can replicate the problem. Switching the fan setting back to the automatic setting seems to fix it, as does turning off my oc guru software outright.

Glad I figured this out.

PCSX2 SOFTWARE ONLY CORE
WHEN
H
E
N

If you have an nvidia gpu > nvidia control panel > manage 3d settings > power management mode = prefer maximum performance.

What would it do, exactly?
I mean it obviously would boost performance, but how?

Stops the driver from underclocking your card when it's "not in use", because the "not in use" detection isn't particularly useful and many people have similar problems to you with it.

Is Cemu expected to crash when using rune powers sometimes in BotW? using 1.10 here

Don't post that fat elf again.

>anons

It was me. I recommenced every Genesis game you've played so far.

If you're getting a lot of crashes, turn on the "full sync at gx2drawdone" option. It drops your fps though so avoid using it unless you really need to.
Also, make sure you're using the crash fix pack included with cemuhook.

So how is citra these days?
Any playable games?

Its not going anywhere.

Check that you can access that URL in a browser and that there's files there. Only other idea I have is try disabling windows firewall and/or antivirus.

>Check that you can access that URL in a browser
Works fine

>Only other idea I have is try disabling windows firewall and/or antivirus
I'm on GNU/Autism
The thing is though, the shader updater, database, assets etc all work fine.

You've got some great taste.

same here and it all works for me

kek, somebody's getting tired of the review gauntlet

Maybe it's a linux bug?

>huehuehue i posted it!
learn to contribute something useful other than drama

These comics are too weird.

He has a very valid complain why bother wasting all work if isn't going to be merged,reminds me of that guy from previous emugen threads that fixed some Dolphin wagglan issue that the dev team said it was impossible to fix.

Give me the skinny guys, how good are 3DS and Wii U emulation really? Any good sources that I can keep up on? I see plenty of people memeing about how BotW is better on PC than wii u/switch but then I also hear people talking about how you have to use jank speedhacks + physics arent accurate. I'm also curious about Smash 4 (both systems) and Pokemon Sun & Moon (if they run well maybe I'll just play ultra moon on emulator)

>Youtube "your PC specs" + "emulator"
>sort by upload date.

Pretty sure that isn't how it's supposed to be.

Apart from that it's all smooth sailing. Better than expected.

It's called "RPCS3".
I'm having a Deja Vu now.
And I also had it yesterday.
And the day before that.
And practically the entire past week.
Seriously fuck you, you fucking retard.
You already know fucking perfectly the fucking answer, so stop fucking asking the exact same shit over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

>What did he meme by this???
Nothing, because the post you quoted doesn't have "give in" anywhere :^)

>they're kinda aimed at retards
RetroArch? Aimed at retards?
You couldn't be more wrong, friendo.

>bundle emulator
That chick from Pokémon B/W/B2/W2 in the OP.

>Any playable games?
"(insert game's name here) citra" on Youtube, filtered by upload date. You're welcome.

>how good are 3DS and Wii U emulation really? Any good sources that I can keep up on?
"(insert your CPU's mode here) (insert a videogame's name here) cemu/citra" on Youtube filtered by upload date. You're welcome.

>CPU's model
Fixed that for me.

>a Deja Vu
go away Pablo

>Beetle PSX dev starts posting here
>people ask why nothing is being fixed
>he suddenly stops posting

How can I bind right stick to right dpad in the mednafen virtual boy core in a way that gives continuous input? (binding right stick to l2/r2/l3/r3 only gives one input per stick use)

When will PS2 receive the Dolphin treatment and get a emulator that isn't a shitty unstable piece of shit?

When will Mednafen support convenient disc switching so I can finally play Monster Rancher 2 in an actually good emulator?

k, go back to your phoneposting then

Link's Awakening is the only game you posted that's better than OoT. Get some taste my man.

>vita emulator when
Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?

>32 KB WEBMPCSX2 SOFTWARE ONLY COREWHENHEN

Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?

When someone feels like it.

Who?

vgturtle is on the case!

Our hero has sadly fallen from grace over the last few years

Lol. He looks like he has aged 20 years.