/aog/ - Attorney Online General

Brace for the Autism Edition

/aog/ is a place to primarily discuss Attorney Online but also Ace Attorney in general.
Whether you want to talk about your favorite cases or characters it's all welcome here.

>What is Attorney Online?

In short: It's multiplayer Ace Attorney.
AO is a virtual chatroom/courtroom mix which we use to perform improvised AA-like trials, Civil Cases, Class Trials, Jury Cases, Investigations and more! Choose from a wide selection of AA characters (and guest characters), pick a position (Defence, Prosecution, Judge, Witness, etc.) and dive into a whirlwind of logic, banter, theories and memes.

Come join us on our server:
Attorney Online Vidya (Dedicated)

>The Main Reference Doc (contains AO downloads, rules, FAQs, polls and more):
docs.google.com/document/d/13DDwBcpxQp3p7AQDSLLf6TysJTsDr_EbypQs45zHZ-4/edit
Be sure to check there for the Quickstart Guide!

>Gameplay footage?
Streams are usually on twitch, evening US time. You can also check out recordings of previous cases there via guardlytheguard, lawfuldickish, and toodamnsmug, or their corresponding youtube channels.

Alternatively, you can look through our Case Archive to find completed documents and recordings of cases:
ace-attorney-vidya.wikia.com/wiki/Case_Archives

>Archive Initiative (for case recordings)
drive.google.com/open?id=0B1A-2r36taNbZEM5Q3dGVXFIZnc

>How to create black footage for the 3DS games
docs.google.com/document/d/1k5wNNmF2-i6U4AI0zI7dkIJK9iChx36k2e3VW1bzofk/edit#

>News
Remember to vote on the Halloween Contest

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1YoceFf5sDnLzjtzkITxZtMNOXe2zcQU4xRuYnEvcPSc/edit
docs.google.com/document/d/1xW1pdRaeFqfqmbNitRyceO98bJ6nSkBBcz36iTNfPtI/edit#
youtube.com/watch?v=yeJe-gk2fic&list=PLeRxyNa0SYTK2HY4-5nTHLHrrg8foHmZ4&index=2
youtube.com/watch?v=YipfnfmCY9w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Post Gregs.

Finally a proper thread.

Can someone remind me why these threads exist?

Top 10 namefags, witness edition.

Go.

Constant point of contact outside the game that can actually attract new players and doesn't require constant running or upkeep apart from making the threads and having conversations in them

to share memecaps

What happened in Area 1? I must know, sounds meme.

A newbie indicted the Baliff.

That's a real spicy meme. Can you post some screenshots?

Newfag here, how exactly do I update? I have everything I need downloaded.

First, extract the .bat file that's labeled "RUNBEFOREUPDATING" and run that. Then, extract the "base" folder from the update into the same folder that contains the game's "base" folder, merge and overwrite everything. You're good to go.

What does merge mean? Do I just highlight all the files and move them over?

If you do what he said it'll merge automatically.

Okay.

Open up the update's .zip, extract the batch file into the same folder as the game's base folder. Run that batch file. Then extract the base folder from the update's .zip into the same folder where the game's base folder is and everything will automagically merge. It'll ask you if you want to overwrite some files. Click "yes".

Thank you anons. I'm bad at this sorta thing.

Hey, no problem man, welcome to the game.

Play lead defense first case.

Still setting things up, is there a way to "spectate" ongoing cases? I think I would need to lurk for a while to get a feel for how things go.

Yeah, just hop into any courtroom that's (Casing-Open) or (Casing-Closed) and use the chat to the right. It's out of character so you won't interrupt anything!

Just pick a character people is not planning to use in the case and dont talk in the IC chat while the case is going.
We have an OOC chat if you want to talk during the case without disturbing it
And remember to always read the areas' status.

I'm retarded with computers, pls help
So, I just finished extracting the base game, what do? I tried to " extract the batch file into the same folder as the game's base folder" but it wouldn't allow me. I tried extracting the update's .zip and running the batch file and it said "bat file complete!"
Where do I go from here? Sorry for being dumb.

Oh, you only got yourself the base game user? You should download the "Full game" download and the updates colored purple if you want the full game. We can continue with just the base game download though, you just won't be able to hear some music or see some characters.

The "bat file complete!" message means it went well, and then you would just extract the "base" folder in the zip file into your game's folder, BUT you shouldn't update the base game. It's more for just getting in as quickly as possible -- you should update the "Full Game Download" once you grab that.

Nah, I got the Full Game, the dark update, and the halloween update.
> and then you would just extract the "base" folder in the zip file into your game's folder
How exactly do I do this? Me not understanding what this means in my only real problem. Do I extract the .zip into where I have the game, copy the files in the "base" folder over to the main game, or something else?

Maybe this will help. Extract like this, into the AAO folder that contains the base.

Use an archiving program like winRar or 7zip lad

>page 10

Hopefully I can play with you dudes soon

Tomorrow I'm going to do a Nightmare Before Christmas case. You have been warned

>after case shitposting
>miufaggots running rampant
>shitpost them
>bait the biggest miufag to ban me
>he actually does it
MADMAN
MOD ABUSE GOING WILD
but seriously why did he say "see you in 12 minutes"
why is there a yellow taxi outside my house at this hour

Sounds great.
RIP

Because I'm on my way for you insulting my wife.

The yellow taxi was there to hide the black SUV.

Welcome to AOV! Hopefully the advice others have given will help you work things out.

If not, you can contact me via my discord or in the lounge and I'll be more than happy to walk you through things.

Sorry you had to do so much updating and go through a longer than normal process. Next update will have a full update with all of the updates included so there wont be any issue for new/returning players.

Miu a slut

Best Greg moment you've seen? (Besides Turnabout Greg)

The Greg in the P4 AAI was top tier for sure.

gato

gato

Newbie Phoenix from Turnabout Sinking Ship here. I'm so, SO sorry for suddenly disappearing right at the indiction but there was a power outage af my house and the power came back on just a few hours ago. How did the case turn out?

I guess I should explain how I was gonna prove Gumshoe was the killer. I was basically gonna accuse him of being the big guy that both Crogrey and Kate saw. He was on that cruise ship because he was the guy Ini was seeing to cheat on Gant. Those glasses he had were actually Ini's and he had taken them from the crime scene to cover up losing his. The reason he was working a oart time job as bailiff was because buying the ticket for the cruise ship left him more broke than usual. I dunno if that makes sense, but it was what I was going for.

Press F to pay respects to Hazama

Seems we had quite a few people get hit by that storm and shut down last night. I know you weren't the only one. Glad to hear everything worked out okay and you're back up and running.

Judge here. The case finished with a Guilty sadly the prosecution also had to go, so we waited for you for like 15 minutes and then we put the court back in session and called it a guilty. It is sad that it had to finish like this.

Change the baguettes of the servers. Yesterday as well during the case I disconnected.

Any good cases being cooked up? Might be interested in going into one later today.

Google docs is going full on stalin on AOV docs and flagging them for ToS violation for no discernible reason. Be wary.

This is why it's a good idea to keep copies of Turnabouts you've always liked for yourself, just in case shit like this happens. I for one have copies of The Turnabout.

Making a Halloween town case later tonight

Halloween Town AAI?

Well, that sucks. Still, it might have ended on a Guilty verdict anyway with just how ridiculous my asspull was.

docs.google.com/document/d/1YoceFf5sDnLzjtzkITxZtMNOXe2zcQU4xRuYnEvcPSc/edit

This is why Verin is a cancer.

Just add it to the pile, user

Your main issue was that you didn't press Crogrey enough to get to his contradiction, which would have been a hundred times more likely to work than making up a theory to indict the bailiff.

What was his contradiction, anyway?

Probably just a regular case, but I'd be down for an AAI if other people were

I don't know since we never got to it. The times that he gave for when he heard the screams never made any sense, though, and he was probably making up the argument between the defendant and victim by quoting the diary verbatim.

Fuck it, doing it RIGHT NOW

Shit can't make it, oh well.

So, what's the best contest entry and why is it Q going as himself

Halloween Town case WHEN?

here.

I think I got it working, where do I go from here? Or did I mess up somewhere?
Thank you for your help, anons!
Don't worry, a couple hours of messing around with my computer is well worth being able to play this.

You probably have the old server IP. We recently had to change it due to shenanigans. Try checking the local server list for a server with the same name

>Verin case
Ew.

>hating on the only good Atmey/Manfred main in the game

Anyone else feel intimidated to try out Blackquill in a trial?
Feels like he'd be a hard character to pin down, kinda like Godot.

Don't be. You don't have to play them exactly to their canon

Yeah look at Verin.
He does not play Manfred perfectly, but he plays him to be entertaining and engaging.
He plays up the meanness 100% and just tries to keep the trial moving.
docs.google.com/document/d/1xW1pdRaeFqfqmbNitRyceO98bJ6nSkBBcz36iTNfPtI/edit#

Verin please shut the fuck up

>Everybody is him fallacy again
No, you shut the fuck up with this retarded ass discord drama.
He literally cased today and nothing went wrong at all, and he entertained the entire courtroom minus one salty Kazuma.
So kindly fuck off back to your circlejerk, Catfucker.

How do I join an area?

/area # in ooc, or click the corresponding area in the song selection box below it

Always remember the great cases of the past, this one even got recorded!

How have the spooky cases been

Not good apparently. RIP /aog/, killed by the ghosts of cases past

What was it called?

Well we had a pretty fun /x/ style AAI the other day. Don't know about today.

Judging from the image, I think that's Turnabout Ragnorok

youtube.com/watch?v=yeJe-gk2fic&list=PLeRxyNa0SYTK2HY4-5nTHLHrrg8foHmZ4&index=2
Here it is, and should be where the geg drops his theory load and blows the trial into a god indict.

>a God indict
wew

youtube.com/watch?v=YipfnfmCY9w
Please give any highlights from the case you'd like as their own separate videos

>8 hours of pure autism and shitposting
Good.

Any spooky cases this year?

What sort of spookiness you looking for?

>posting Verin screenshots

That's not Verin.

You put those big boy pants on, Feen

>posting Names screenshots

>posting Rhoda screenshots

>posting screenshots

>posting

>