/egg/ - Engineering Games General

Boat Craft Carrier Edition
Previous jej: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case penis matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of a Dead Earth
>Crossout
>Corneroids
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>GearBlocks
>Garry's mod
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMaden b
>Stormworks
>Skywanderers

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named.The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>underageb& who won't use the search function and also won't read where are they posting

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames
fromthedepthsgame.com

Some idiots pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Don't save the world, it's too late. Also I hope I changed the text properly for a new thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vo8izCKHiF0
steamcommunity.com/app/558990/discussions/0/2381701715721568848/
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1186766173
youtube.com/watch?v=UdtQQS9LfUQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>no opus in op

REEEEE MY FOTM

will be /ded/ in a month

Thats not how you hide invisible doors...

opus question: is g the setup cost or the running cost?
like, do I only pay once, or do I pay every cycle
I'm assuming g isn't actually gold, but maybe a fraction or something else entirely. I'm not sure tying your currency tosomething you can mass produce is a good idea

What if Opus Magnum should had a derived area-and-cycles score based on the design's throughput and repeatability of its floorplan's convex hull?

The g represents whatever it says at the bottom of the screen. I believe it's the running cost.

Also tell that to the federal reserve.

nah, just setting arbitrary cost, cycle and area limits would be enough

sorry. I also forgot the change the edition name. :(

user, you missed something...
fpbp

>drawing genius front view of spaceship
>look away for a moment
>look again
>its a buttplug
EVER. GODDAMN. TIME.

>tfw everything looks like a penis

going with , assuming g is per cycle:

>A ():
6790 g per gold atom
1111 engines on a 10k factory
7543690 g per cycle on a full 10k factory
11110 gold after 10k cycles on a full 10k factory

>B ():
62720 g per gold atom
196 engines on a 10k factory
12293120 g per cycle on a full 10k factory
17444 gold after 10k cycles on a full 10k factory

A: 679,000 g per gold on a full factory
B: 704,719 g per gold on a full factory

Solving the puzzles in this game is really draining me. Like holy shit man.

Anyone got something faster than this?

desu it feels easier than spacechem to me.
those would have made me bang my head against my desk in frustration had a character not been taken by CLANG in that exact same way.

I finished the game and I'm not looking back at some of them solutions

>some kind of massive enterprise style ship crashed into the sea about a mile out
>all sorts of cool stuff starts washing up
>find near intact shuttlecraft
>wake up
>consider suicide

I just did unstable compound and was very frustrated by the end. It wasn't hard to figure out how to put it together, as most things aren't in this game. The hard part is when you're clicking the move one frame forward button to find out exactly the point you fucked up at.

So I'm officially fucked at lipstick level. SHIT!

Try again later
Clear your mind
Improve an older solution

It's not a matter of previous solution. It's a matter of how much fucking time this will take. SHIT

We need to create a puzzle in opus magnum. A meme puzzle that will set the standard for bragging right. Anybody?

Did anyone leak memewanderers?

Sure, how's this?

Bragging how?
Here's a meme in a puzzle

DOMINIC YOU RAT

giiiiib

ayy

How about this on a puzzle?
From lead, quicksilver and salt, one atom each. Maybe as a single molecule.
No disposal, no multibonding, no unbonding. Purification and projection allowed because otherwise it's 97 atoms of lead in total.
Can't really tell if it's symmetrical anymore.

consider no

>let's just exterminate them all

lmao

I was thinking of having a puzzle that went infinity in two different directions while bonded

:DDD

Make a turing machine.

Hey, that's pretty good

Step it up my dude

ez

Pretty sure this takes up less space if you use two pistons instead of the rails.

That was my initial idea, it takes 1 more area and is a bit more expensive since pistons cost 40g now.

someone design a puzzle
product must be lots of semen

>salt, water, 2 life

>the desaltifier rolling like mad
ayy lmao

I agree it should be a Turing machine. Trying to think of a tape format right now. A standard puzzle might have:
- Two filled tape reagents
- One empty tape reagent
- Optional extra reagent
- Three filled tape products (return the originals plus the output tape)

The obvious format is a tape made of elements. If I'm not mistaken about glyphs of duplication, it should be very easy to copy elemental tape, but I can't think of how to do any logic with it (animismus?)

The other option is vinyl or punchcard-style tape. You can use raised parts of the tape to do conditional movements if combined with bonding/unbonding glyphs. This seems more promising to me, but copying is less obvious.

Also do a format conversion puzzle to maximize salt output

The dong is a mighty weapon
if you cannot make it not look like a dick, instead make it look like a dick as much as possible

reminds me of when some user on neetfleet imported a dildo 3d model converted to blocks into the map

For the tape, most useful would be pairs of atom-positions, with an atom in either one or the other. Then use bonding, unbonding, and whether or not an atom was grabbed as primitives for conditional computation. To implement the stop condition, the tape can be moved to overlap all of the reagent inputs until a conditional move transfers it to the output.

The hard part would be getting molecules into position for the conditional machinery driving the logic before the first iteration, but it seems possible if the arms used move away on a track afterwards, since trying to move past the end isn't an error.

That might not be so good because a Turing machine with a two-state tape will execute programs (state tables) in terms of the more traditional 0-1-empty configuration. So wherever you have a state that reacts to a single symbol, you'd instead have four states that encode a response to two symbols. This doesn't make the Turing tar-pit any worse, mind.

Anyway, now encode the state table. It's gonna be fuckhueg.

Fucking yanks and their trick or treat shit. This didn't exist in my country until a couple of years ago now hordes of little monsters are knocking at my door demanding candy REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I turn my lantern off and if anyone calls to the door I tell them to fuck off, hadn't had haloweiners in 2 years.
family still buys candy
all the sheckles remain in the family

I guess you also have whether an atom reacts in a multi-input glyph to help in conditionals, but then you'd need to be able to resupply whatever else it reacted with, without introducing a new input every instruction loop. It would also make some writes much harder, because you wouldn't just be returning an atom to the tape.

Why does a roll of sticky-tape generate enough X-rays to take.. an X-ray? Should current X-ray machines be replaced with newer models than use rolls of sticky-tape instead of radioactive isotopes?

it's cutting tape technology, they are only now realizing the potential
if the process is better understood, perhaps a reusable kinetic radiation generators can be devised that would work more or less the same as current machines, but would be way easier / cheaper to produce

youtube.com/watch?v=vo8izCKHiF0

the tape is not infinite
REEEEEEEEE

We're dick deep in the tarpit now.

Jesus fuck almighty
We're hitting autism levels that shouldn't be possible
programmable display when

Can't upload :(

I fucking hate how everyone is picking up this bullshit from american fucking tv.
Halloween is shit.
Entitled little fucking kids going RE GIVE ME SWEETS OR I'LL EGG YOUR HOUSE or what the fuck ever. Gas yourselves you little candy-kikes.

at least in my country, the kids are never taught that the "trick" part actually counts for shit, so they just leave if you tell them to go fuck off.

>steamcommunity.com/app/558990/discussions/0/2381701715721568848/
Goddammit zach

In the mean time, if /egg/ wants to try TAPE COPIER with only 5 cells of tape, here it is:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1186766173

oui baguette
youtube.com/watch?v=UdtQQS9LfUQ

Can it copy any tape?

I only get crazed people saying how halloween is evil, maybe because of a religion they picked up from american TV goddamn mormons
The only halloween costume and candy incursions are from English institutes

Of course. See those arms that sometimes grab nothing? That's effectively a conditional move. It considers each tape cell individually and causes a different result depending on whether an atom is present when it grabs.

A needed change conceptually

Not alive

Then tell me how does one make money on the cuckout market. Did some napkin math and most shit you can make will only net you 10c/h in profit each, and that's assuming you make them in batches of 15.

OP's picture reminded me I wanted them to make wheelchairs available in the Sims and then create a house with everything designed against disabled people with stairs and all the switches and cupboards just a little out of reach.

You stop playing cuckout and play Magnum Opus. Or you wait for the next chode update since it turns out chode dev is perfectly okay but very busy and the next update is half finished.

>play Magnum Opus
Not one for 2d puzzle games my man.

Then wait for chode 1.1.3

So I just sit here then. Patiently tapping F5.

Yes.

(you) first

>Zach didn't include the option of an ambiguous/floating solution like with some of his other games
Horrible.

(you) should join me because that's what I'm already doing.

>didn't include the option for casuals to be casual
ftfy

joke's on (you), I do this every day, all day

>there is only one solution to every puzzle
>no variability of output depending either on the input or some kind of external flag
>more difficulty = CASUALS
Are you actually mentally fucking retarded?

Good on (you) mate

>Are you actually mentally fucking retarded?
well I'm here, aren't I?

The proper way to make money from crossout is to not play it and use your time in better things such as: anything

Yeah, fair enough. I'm going to go make some lunch now.

lunch is acceptable

>play game
>acquire Fuel Barrel
>attach to car
>win 20 times without dying (or losing barrel)
>sell everything you get
>repeat until you can afford Fuel + Tank
>buy Fuel + Tank and attach to car
>win 6.6666666666667 times without dying (or losing either fuel piece because you should still have both in your car)
>sell everything you get
Congrats, you've made money and met the minimum bar for marketplace activity.
Unless you don't value your time very highly, or you're Jewish, you won't make much on the market buying and selling. You'd make more by actually playing (and winning) the game.

OPTIONAL
>instead of selling the fuel you can pour it into your tank and make more money (most of the time) selling the copper from successful hard raids

What is the context of this image?

>>instead of selling the fuel you can pour it into your tank and make more money (most of the time) selling the copper from successful hard raids

but that's what I've been doing to get to 500 shekels in the bank with some decent rare shit and some epic items. was really hoping for a better way

No one likes that guy

>guy with explosive javelins decloaks a meter in front of me
>pop out fuze drone reflexively
>he ramps off it and flips over
>aggressive honking while I release the other drones and kill him
>more aggressive honking

He was too smug.

Wait for the next event. Quickly log-in when the event starts (make sure you have two daily missions from before the event to maximize your currency gain; optionally you can conserve your scrap and copper) and then sell all of the event currency you get as quickly as possible. It always drops to about 10% of it's initial price, sometimes even 1%. (Optionally: at the end of the event you can buy back currency and then make event crates with the currency you bought back which you can then sell in the following months at a profit. Kinda lame, imo. I made the equivalent to a purple piece in profit from the Halloween event, already, without jewing crates at the end.

But those fucking crates cost like 800 scrap to shit out

Some kikeanon was on here boasting about how the crates from the last event were selling for ~200 (my guess probably like one sold a day on average, or a few at a time to gambling addicts and stupid kids)

>selling for 55 rn

fuck it, I'm going to do some science and make/buy 5 of these cunts

It's a long-term investment, user. Be ready to wait on the return. They don't really start rising in price until after the supply dries up after the event, obviously.

witness me

>tfw that's how much one crate is on PS4