>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Defiant Honor
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Bloodshed End

Latest Patch Notes
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Patches
>pastebin.com/aUkgEegD (embed)
>imgur.com/a/Cf4ca

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armour/weapons I don't want/use?
Check if you can donate any at the hidden teahouse for daily/clan rewards. Otherwise preferably disassemble them. You can also sell them to Tome or donate to Danjo at the Teahouse if you need a bit of extra glory or cash. Later on you'll be keeping them for Soul Matching, but don't worry about that until you get to NG+.

>The blacksmith is expensive, should I be using it?
You don't need to. Throughout WotSamurai and WotStrong you will constantly be finding better gear and builds don't matter so much. Soul Matching is expensive and intended for late game. If you do find a weapon you really like, try reforging it's effects using spirit iron, it's the cheapest and easiest way to improve a weapon.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armour and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armour/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beta guide:
pastebin.com/VEHby7kd (embed)

Smithing text list:
pastebin.com/d4gaLiHk (embed)

Major new shit
>More than 2 item shortcut pages available! Buy them from Tome with patronage points, adjust how many you want in settings
>Abyss mode! How low can you go? Lower go'ers get better shit
>Can now play levels with specified friendos at the Torii gate
>Most weapons now have a strong charge attack and a mobile running/dash attack! Check them out!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YwJVYsqfs4s
youtube.com/watch?v=6jCx-UtfHyQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Am I ready for the DLC? Also sitting at lvl 158 with like 3k health.

I'd unlock abyss first then do DLC

I did unlock it, though forgot how. Isn't that just for playing through Queen's Eyes? I did one floor and then quit when I realized that it could contain DLC levels and I didn't want to get spoiled too hard.

>playing through Queen's Eyes?
yes

I dont think it really contains any story dlc levels though

not sure why people say nioh was not made with pvp in mind despite them planning to release it as soon as they thought it was ready

nue user here. Picked up Paired Raiken, and going with a Wind Kusarigama along with some Lightning Shots. Didnt try her tonight, but Im hopeful. Also, is it worth it doing heavy armor? I forged some god tier Raging Bull shit, cuz I heard the reqs get cut in half. However my equip rate is at like 101.3%.

Most players go for heavy armor at higher levels when you got the stamina to be under 70% eq load

is there a point to ever go medium ever again?

Maybe if you wanna go for 200 toughness + A agility or something but you would need weight reduction and some light armor I think

raging bull has extra damage reduction % which is actually a pretty nice treat early game if you have the health to back that up.
My only concern is that you are going to be wanting to dodge most of her projectiles, so you will be using up way more ki than you really need to.

note that at above 100% you can't even ki pulse at all. I would say go with light and just dodge constantly. Of course you seem to be having trouble with that in general. If you're gonna use heavy armor at least use Fuse-Ushi, because heavy armor really only shines if you have a lot of guard ki reduction and start blocking. At that point blocking attacks will cost less ki than dodging in light armor.

not that great since her icicle attacks will still inflict water through your guard.

>raging bull has extra damage reduction %
so thats why all these scrubs have been coming in skill pvp with bull

It gets extra DR(which scales with gear level unlike the flat DR% you get based on armor type) and only a marginal amount less CCD than other sets at 4 pieces, which means it's a good multi purpose set bonus if you're gonna do a yasakani with two 4 piece set bonuses for double CCD bonus and want heavy armor.

I have it on my heavy 2kat build paired with Master Swordsman for that SOTC and CCD at 4 pieces. Pretty tanky in WotD.

Was Hideyori super strong for being made of amrita or was he super weak for being made of amrita?

I think he was just made slower

the potential of the SoTC machine of death is not done well enough ever in the game other then players

is there any practical use for Kusarigama Leaping Strike over a different gaurd+strong move like renegade dragon or reaper? currently I have
High: Crimson Flurry II
Mid: Renegade Dragon
Low: Reaper

I haven't tested if you can use renegade dragon with LW yet to see if it's better, but I'll probably just switch reaper back to it and use it on low instead.

It works in LW but Reaper is better

yeah. I'm liking the damage and quickness of the move, but it seems like if I really want the mobility or area coverage I should just use blade spin or whirlwind instead. It has pretty great damage but I'm pretty sure reaper will outpace it once I unlock mystic arts amd get waxing crescent.

Which stats should I level up as a sword wielder?

Heart. It's the Katana's main scaling stat and when you get an extremely high Heart stat, you'll notice a big difference in your Ki.
Don't neglect Spirit, since Guardian Spirit effects are too good to pass up. No need to level it past 20-25. Getting just a little Dexterity and Magic is a great idea as well since you want to have Ninjutsu and Onmyo as you play through. Seriously, I was going through the game only investing in Stamina and Spirit until I realized how much utility they gave you. You can cap Magic at 9 so you'll meet the requirements of a very helpful accessory after beating NG.
Get more Stamina if you plan on running heavy. I'm in the high 80s or 90s and I'm still increasing it.
What do you want to use as a secondary weapon?
Also learn how to Backwave human enemies. If you git gud at it you'll become unstoppable.

after NG

you're just gonna focus on a bunch of stats at that point

Is your post meant to be read as one sentence?
But that was kind of my point. I probably worded it badly.

What about STR? What does increasing Ki Pulse do?

Real talk: I'm not exactly sure. I can only assume it either increases the speed you can Ki Pulse or the extra bonus you get via Fluxing. Most likely the former.
Make sure you're Ki Pulsing and Fluxing. Don't rely purely on the dodging Ki Pulse either, since that still consumes Ki and can put you in a bigger bind than staying calm and Fluxing.
STR's also good if you want to use an Odachi, since Odachi scales primarily with Strength with both Heart and Stamina as a secondary.

affects ki recovery on pulse possibly also affects ki damage done to yokai when you pulse or shockwave moves. It's easily the least important stat on that list. What's much more important is a point of STR will get about 0.1% of your equipment load off each level. Shit adds up eventually and may even save you a few extra points in stamina.

When you're using spear or 1kat, choosing from STR or SKL mainly depends on what kind of armor you want to wear since they seem to scale off both equally. Eventually you should level up both, but that's really endgame shit. The main reason to level up both at same time is to get more skill points early, though IMO it's much more important to get 30 dex and 30 magic early on than it is to complete two weapon trees at the same time.
Back to armor, you need to meet STR or SKL requirements depending on the type of armor. The other stat is usually body or stamina. That being said, since the sword scales off both there's no reason you couldn't invest enough in both to get the effects off of every armor.

IMO dex is the most important stat in the game. Literally any build in this game benefits greatly from having enlightenment and three quick-change scrolls. having 21 kunai or refilling bombs are both ridiculously useful as well.

>Nue’s lighting attack one-shot me

sometimes I think the folk lore of this game feels like witcher tier a tiny bit, but since its japanese, its more familiar then polish folk lore

the lack of SEX also turns off normies at some point

time to equip lighting stop

ok i will but i feel like bosses of nioh are much harder than soulsborne bosses

Just six more days until people are posting in this thread again.

damn i didn't know you could do this

youtube.com/watch?v=YwJVYsqfs4s

Any idea on how much the complete edition will cost?

hot

Can someone help me defeat Great Centipede?

it happens, man. just never stop moving when he rears up.

her AI is the worst, sometimes she pushes enemies around running like that

>tfw try something retarded and it works better than what you thought was "the right way"

not the first time either

What difficulty?
I'll help you if you want.

If this is really your first time doing him then I kind of understand. my blind run I was trying to dodge him when he charges straight at you. If you block he immediately rears up and stops chasing you. After that the only threat is maybe getting paralyzed.

Have we found out what triggers this bug?

probably online lag

>fire still drains your LW even if you're wet
why, team ninja? ;_;

>A whole day with no general
I was scared it was dead for good.

clearly we need more science going on with unconventional builds

Is there a guaranteed way to get Izanagi's Grace after defilement? Which floors should I do it on?

just save scum

upload before you kill the boss
and download if it doesnt go through

Whats the best grace for straight up 1kat user?
Most of my damage comes from aiai, final blows, and back attacks.

Thanks, I'll try this. I've been avoiding savescumming but I don't wanna farm the stupid chicken for his beak anymore.

i've been getting some izanagi when i've been foing for owatatsumi/susano

defile at 33, leave after 36 boss

Did anyone get that GMG 24% Voucher for Nioh? I checked my email today but it was sent on the 28th, was it only a weekend thing?

futunushi

there are a few fillers look it up

ded
start it back up on release

what floors to run for defiling futsunushi?

revents

which nioh man would you have a bath with

You know what's shit design? Setting up very specific rules and then designing every single enemy around ignoring them. Fuck the DLC. Awful fucking trash.

what enemies are you talking about?

Date and Maria
Especially Maria, whose Ki was LITERALLY REGENERATING while she was blocking me.

if you want the easy way

just shoot their face while they're powering up their shit

youtube.com/watch?v=6jCx-UtfHyQ

magical spanish girl maria had no chance to defeat the boolet

give game

wat game

computer game

>Im not the only nue user

I have a 2gb video card. How fuck am I?

psh I dunno they're being quiet on the port

mininal configuration says 3gb minimum. I don't intend to play 4k. only 1080p

>who did that?
>WHO THE FUCK DID THAT?

What did you guys do in Nioh today?
I haven't played the game in a week or two. Still need to get through all the DLC. I stopped part of the way through the first mission.

pvp

god damn it, Im NEVER going to beat this bitch. Now I cant deal with her grab move. which you CANNOT dodge and CANNOT block. I honestly dont know what to fucking do anymore. Heres nue anons build. Please tear it the fuck apart

Nice. What weapon do you use?
Still using the Katana/Dual Katanas? Perhaps a bit of Heart could help your Ki and damage. Make sure to get a bit more armor to stay barely under 70% equip load.
Her grab can feel really wonky at first, but there are two ways to dodge it. First is just to dodge to the side at the very end. It'll take a bit to get used to but it's possible. The second way is to just sprint away. The grab has a limited range so if you run away you can watch her completely whiff and go in after she stops moving.

FUCK YES

Would using the activated dragon sword not be better?
Trying to switch from it is killing me.

being made out of paper probably isnt worth it

>which you CANNOT dodge
?

Good job. You've officially passed all of the scrub filters. Now keep going.

I'm used to that aspect.
The past two difficulty modes nearly everything one shots me. Want to just be a glass cannon at this point.

weaken melee weapons helps a lot in the tanking