Dynasty Warriors 9 trailer 2:
youtube.com/watch?v=as1iB6SQJLM
Good Zhang Liao's gameplay clip:
youtube.com/watch?v=RyL4t8ozrKk
Good Cao Pi's gameplay clip:
youtube.com/watch?v=NvDpE675cfU

Bulletin:
-KT confirmed a shit
-Zhou Cang, Cheng Pu, Man Chong, Xu Sheng, Xun You, Cao Xiu and Xin Xianying are newcomers.
-Some characters have a mix of pre-DW6 designs with DW8 aesthetics.
-Aside from the usual costume, informal clothes are confirmed to be in.
-DW9 will be open world. Everyone from 8XL and Xun Yu from Empires will return.
-He has no claws, he has no grace, this change is a fucking disgrace
-They took Sun Ce's fucking tonfas
-They took the fucking flute from best girl
-Sanadamaru is out, named Spirit of Sanada and no Vita version.
-Warriors All-Stars out now and it's shit. SHIIIIT.
-Fire Emblem Warriors is also out for those who still care.
-Reportedly, DW9 will have a roster of exactly 90 characters so that's all the new adds we will have. (Unconfirmed)
-You can literally buy a shack for yourself in DW9.
-You can also tenderly invite Lingqi to said shack to enjoy her time with you.

Other urls found in this thread:

koeitecmoamerica.com/dw9/chara_shinkenei.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I want to invite Hung Guy to my shack.

Xin Xiangying is my wife!

It's nice that they're adding Chinese people to Jin now.

How can one girl be so best?

So let me get this straight....
Here we have a franchise which is about as repetitive and un-innovative as it gets.
For years now players have been doing the same shit, with characters that play exactly the same, pressing the same buttons over and over again.
Finally, after more than a decade, all characters have their unique weapons, which at least gives them a different feel. They also implemented secondary weapons, what for some people made the uniques moot again, but still, it's something.

And now, only one title after we finally reached a point which can be considered significant as far as Musou goes, we go back to copy pasting weapons?

For what fucking reason?! I want to give KT the benefit of the doubt and say that it's not because they are lazy motherfuckers, who have no idea what they're doing. But I can't find a reasonable thought behind this.
One thing I thought about was weapon viability, but that fails flat for different reasons: not only is the game piss easy to a point that all weapons can be considered "viable"(unless you jump with underleveled characters into ultimate,) but 90% of the playerbase never goes beyond normal/hard anyway.

So why? Is it the realism meme, and they want to dial back and build new weapons from the ground up, that aren't as bat-shit crazy(but fun nonetheless) as some of the stuff we had?
Anyway: fuck you Koei! You expand the tedious gameplay tenfold by introducing open world, and you multiply that by ten by removing most weapons? Fuck. You.

>abandoning the old thread after reaping its benefits
>instead supporting a new thread even though it's only at page 9

I know it's at the bump limit but we can combine our efforts and make the old thread a sticky. At the very least we can keep posting until the thread dies. Are there really no heroes left in this general?

Are you retarded? New threads have always been made after it reached bump limit, or at least after it has moved past page 6

koeitecmoamerica.com/dw9/chara_shinkenei.html

>Xin Xianying
>The daughter of Unplayable Character of Wei, older sister to Unplayable Character, and aunt to Unplayable Character Who Should be Playable, her clever and observant nature saved her family from threats numerous times.

And parents bury their children, but that doesn't make it right.

You enjoyed reading, posting, and finding belonging within the community in the previous thread. Yet you've readily abandoned it when you felt it was time! Your loyalty rivals the bastard of three fathers.

>An excellent property in a good location, within walking distance to the major city Luoyang
They actually did it. Koei legitimated the shack

Has Koei always been this retarded or is it a new development?

A rather fancy looking shack.

That's a pretty fancy looking shack.

I'd rather betray /eagg/ than let /eagg/ betray me!

Wh-who was the one that said that?

It was the Chief Strategist of the Han, Cao Wei.

>shack
it's a fucking house you retarded ape

Here's a better joke, The Northern Campaign

My bad, your Northern campaign sleepy lizard. Also Wei Yan did nothing wrong.

Shut up you drunk moron

Why is eagg so desperate to have it's own memes?

I just found out they removed Zhang He's claws. I can't fucking believe it. They did it before in 6 and everyone lost their shit. Why are they doing it again!?

>tfw you already know Musou is an utterly mindless genre
>barely uses more than a few characters unless I'm forced to
>can't even care about all this clone bullshit
hurray

So they can sell it as DLC, that's why.

Can I invite Xin to my shack and have fun times with her?

>Is it the realism meme, and they want to dial back and build new weapons from the ground up, that aren't as bat-shit crazy
Literally the case

(laughs)

He could've just said that the new system or engine doesn't allow for fancy weapons animations or some shit.

>they see your bank account

Fun and cool > boring and lame

I loved the flying swords, they were so swood

I'd actually be fine with that, if they put in the work in regards to those "real techniques from Chinese martial arts." Meaning that different characters have completely different movesets even though they use the same weapon, because they come from different styles.

But I know its only gonna be a thing for major chars and newcomers. Like Zhang Fei and Cheng Pu for example. But everyone who uses the fucking shooting spears, probably has the exact same animations

So we're gonna do it all over again from the top Suzuki?
Start out with """""realistic"""" weapons, then realize that its too boring and limited for a mindless game like that, then start to implement more fun ideas, so by 2027 we can actually have a game that has it all?

DLC, season pass, literally not joking.

>realism
>but musous will still involve hails of ice or fire out of thin air

in short he's lying because of

>For what fucking reason?!
Because they're implementing a new combat system. They obviously prioritized changing up the gameplay over overall moveset variety. With the game's set up most people won't even play with all characters anyway.

Nobody touch my fucking wife okay

Have her, I have the cutest wife in the world.

>an actual girl (male) has written a story where Sun Ce unifies China and his sister fucks their self-insert cause she's a lesbian now

Fuck off, faggot.

>implying I'm saying that's a good thing

>With the game's set up most people won't even play with all characters anyway.
Of course they won't. Because there's no reason to try a new character if he has the same weapon you're already bored of.

her face looks weird, shame because her outfit is great

I'm lovin her

DW9 will have 3 movesets
>Guan Yu for a single long weapon
>Cao Cao for a one handed weapon
>Liu Bei for 2 weapons
Everyone else will be clones.

Such a shame really

ok, so what weapon will Zhong Hui have? we have:
Sima Yi - Sleepy Lizard fan
Sima Shi - rapier?
Sima Zhao - sword
Wang Yuanji - throwing knives
Guo Huai - shooting spears
Deng Ai - Xu Huang axe?
Zhuge Dan - fan
Jia Chong - shooting spears
Xiahou Ba - greatsword
Wen Yang - Zhou Cang thingy
Xin Xianying - halberd? scenes if she's a Lu Bu clone

I'm betting he'll be a clone of either Cao Xiu or Xun You

Xianying is Jin on the EU website

Do you guys think you might be overreacting? There's more weapon variety here than in dw7 and we all agree that game was a masterpiece. So just please stop complaining about weapon clones and look forward to the dw7 tier story that we will have.

this

Something something DW6

>we all agree that game was a masterpiece

I don't.

storywise? yeah dw7 was good
gameplaywise? fuck no, I can't go back after playing 8, let alone XL

>and we all agree that game was a masterpiece
>look forward to the dw7 tier story that we will have
lmao. The only good thing about the game was the story, which is arguably the least important part of the games. We've all played the exact same story countless times. Only brainlets still look forward to the "story"

I'm talking about how the character stories for members of the same faction and in the same period likely won't be different anyway. So, even if there were unique weapons, a lot of people would likely skip on replaying them.

Xun You seems likely to me

Some people actually still give a fuck about the stories after reading/playing through it once? Huh. The more you know... I've been skipping all dialogues and cutscenes since DW4

>Musou is a mindless slog no matter the moveset or weapon
>the story is the only thing Koei can ever make engaging, for even a moment
>'but it doesn't matter'

>50% of anons plsy musou for the story
>other 50% calls them on the story being bland and samey
>50% of anons play musou for the gameplay
>other 50% calls them on the gameplay being bland and samey

So why do we keep playing if every game is bland and the same as the last game?

Post card

Will you people ever agree on what's makes a good musou? I swear it's always one extreme or the other.

I enjoy garbage

This is what makes a good musou

>the story is the only thing Koei can ever make engaging, for even a moment
>50% of anons plsy musou for the story
Yeah right. Honestly, why the fuck would I care about the story for the 9th time?
I've read the book, I've watched the shows, I've played the games, including ROTK, so why in fuck's name would I give even one fuck about the story at this point? Do you sorry fucks really look forward to a watered down version of the story filled with nippon acting, which is like what? 5% of the game if even?

Maybe I'd give a fuck if Cao Zhi becomes emperor instead. Oh wait, the removed hypotheticals! So no, go fuck yourself storyfags.

People have different wants and expectations user. You can't have everyone conform to one standard.

I know what I want, so I'll definitely buy DW9. If people don't like it, they can just not buy it.

Shit user, I'd prefer hypotheticals too, I even enjoyed the old games where they didn't give a shit about following history. Does anyone still remember the old Fall-of-Wu stages? Where you had to kill the entire Sun family because they all rallied around the next member? That shit was fun. I still can enjoy the recent stories, but only for how they handle interactions, not the broad strokes, or what actually happens in the long run.

I like all musous

sengoku basara but with musou maps

>original LoCC

That sounds even worse
>we're literally too incompetent to program in these weapon animations, that's how limited our engine is
/eagg/'s PR for DW9 would be an even bigger trainwreck.

>not saving Dian Wei
He's one of the best units in the game

If I got the chance I wanted to kill Zhang Xiu but he just surrendered in the end

I kind of have to make three runs through the game, so the first historical route one I'll let everyone die

He also died on the first fucking turn anyway though

>wanting to kill this bamf

I always though VIII was overrated as hell. Whenever I see somebody ask about officer play people somehow end up recommending them VIII over VII and X.

>playing as a ruler is a huge pain in the ass since you can only act every three months and you have only a very limited amount of AP
>literally anything you do costs AP from sending a spy to simply appointing a district which sucks out all the fun of managing your own kingdom
>when playing as an officer you never have enough time to do anything since assignments take forever and often make no sense. playing as an intellectual fuck with no battle skills? yeah the ai will still assign you to patrolling duty
>you can literally only talk to an officer once a month for some reason
>the battle system is by far the slowest in the series, one single battle will easily take up an hour even if you fast forward it
>to make matters worse, the attacker ai will often flat out ignore the defending troops and head for the gate, getting every troop killed one by one. this probably happens because destroying the gate will instantly win you the battle regardless of how many troops you have which is retarded

The only positive thing this game has is the ability to marry NPC officers, but good luck pulling that off without a guide.

Also, is it just me or are the endings in VII and VIII depressing as fuck?

>You will never get to experience the first ever batch of baozi created spontaneously by the Imperial Chancellor as he effortlessly halted the 5 simultaneous invasions
Why even live /eagg/?

What he said is true, though. I find myself playing XI with random scenarios because my pc is not good enough for XIII. But I am getting kind of tired of this too.

When will people realize that sengoku basara is just slow and boring?

Emulate X then. Or download the puk version for pc. English patch is available at kongming archives

True. VIII & XI are definitely the most overrated

I'll try the english patch. But does it have the tutorial in english too? I tried emulating but it doesn't go that well either

When will you get better tastes?

I have them, that's why I don't play sengoku basara

Sounds like shit tastes to me

Literally just looked up a recipe for these. Gonna make them tomorrow

>When will people realize that sengoku basara is just slow and boring?
Everyone already does. We're all just in on the joke. Rest is fujos

Save me one user!

At least 7 didn't take his fucking tonfas...

the claws and tonfas were shitty weapons anyway, no damage, hard to control and use effectively and no real good moves for dealing with large crowds.

>tfw one of the rare anons that enjoys the gameplay and the story

>drama flashbacks

mind explaining?

no

no

Don't bring meta into this. Those weapons were their personality. Its important user!

>Yan Liang and Wen Chou aren't in, but we can play as Cao Xiu and Man Chong. Simply amazing character choices, Koei. This explains why Fire Emblem Warriors has such a disastrous cast.