/dfg/ - Dwarf Fortress General

Transsexual Dwarf Edition

Previous thread: >Download the basic game here. Current version is Dwarf Fortress 0.43.05
bay12games.com/dwarves/

>Official forums:
bay12forums.com/smf/index.php

>Find a bug? Don't tell us! Tell Toady! Complaining in the thread will accomplish nothing.
bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt

>Have a question? Check the wiki first:
dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Main_Page

>Fireden archived threads:
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/Dwarf Fortress/

>Dwarf Therapist (Standalone is out of date, use Starter Pack for 43.05):
bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=122968.0
github.com/splintermind/Dwarf-Therapist/releases/

>DFHack:
bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=139553.0
github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases

>Starter Pack:
bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=126076.0
dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=7622

>More DF stuff:
pastebin.com/AnsHjQ40
Modanon's Mods: dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=3558

>Dwarf Fortress General IRC chat:
en.irc2go.com/webchat/?net=freenode&room=dwarffortress
(to connect yourself: webchat.freenode.net #dwarffortress)

>A bunch of guides to various parts of fort-based living:
imgur.com/a/nGyRF#0

>Video tutorials:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBrdUj1adIBD-vgUodaaxebcdqQ4oEWtg
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD1A3FE72C0DCAC66 (Dated, but good)

>Text tutorials:
dwarffortresswiki.org/DF2014:Tutorials
members.iinet.net.au/~morty/Getting_Started_with_Dwarf_Fortress.pdf

>This pasta:
pastebin.com/iAduXzjn

Strike the earth!

Other urls found in this thread:

bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=159164.msg7606864#msg7606864
bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=168087.0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is that Max's wife?

Can't wait to have tranny dwarves that kill themselves on entering the map.

sjw's have destroyed this game
the only stuff that is added is fucking garbage like romance, poetry, dancing, and trannies

What next? DEMOCRACY?

>when you get so butthurt about something toady said that you use a passive agressive OP pic to ruin all chances of starting from a clean slate in the new thread

So how will Toady implement dilating mechanics?

how will he implement depressed suicidal neets

>prides himself on a "realistic simulation"
>doesn't add sexual dymorphism, gender roles or expectations because it might bother people
>doesn't want to add prejudice because it might bother people
>not having trannies may bother people so he considers adding them despite it not making sense due to aforementioned lack of dymorphism or gender roles
>not realizing this is a pattern and he's fallen into the same trap many game devs have

the same way he'll implement butthurt trannies who obnoxiously shove their shit everywhere and wonder why noone likes them.

update slated for 2020

So Toady is going to add transexual boats?

Huh

You act like it isn't everyone who does this. everyone belongs to a group and every group does shit like this, but somehow only non-straights get the full brunt of the shit while white people get to be as shitty as they possibly can with no opposition

Where is it stated he's adding trannies? All I read was soul-swapping and body-swapping shit, which is cool as hell. Based on the depth of dwarf fortress, I suppose he'll probably add them in someday, but what gave you the idea it would come before important shit like boats, romance, or dickbeasts?

Irn bru is pretty nice. Do dwarves have non-alcoholic or sugary beverages to sip?

>All I read was soul-swapping and body-swapping shit
that's because the more idiotic people inhabiting this thread saw otherwise

Maybe I put it to troll you and im not even mad

Et tu, Toady?

yeah its not as though straight white people, especially men, get shat on by the media, the universities, the game industry, the list goes on. because of the "muh patriarchy" bogeyman.

god forbid those in power get a joke flung at them every once in a while, consider it payback

>This is only a TECHNICAL question
it's literally nothing
stop doomposting

blood?

"There's a sort of trans-erasing assertion sitting there, which is bad (ie, it asserts trans people don't exist without such norms), but I think it's complicated to sort out the way things are structured, and I don't have a clear road forward (eg, how do we handle pronouns in the heterogeneous body/soul case without it looking like a simple bug to report -- the character needs a larger world model within which to state their identity). The first chance we'd have is with the status groups after the myth release, though basic soul swapping/stacking/merging/etc might happen earlier."

From the FoTF reply. It's not an outright confirmation but I can understand why some people are worried he's pandering to a certain crowd. What said is exaggerated but somewhat accurate - at the present none of those are things he wants to add - I suppose he'll change his mind once the game matures a bit and he sees the story potential adding prejudice or societal norms for genders would have.

>god forbid those in power get a joke flung at them
b-but jokes about the jewish people are hate speech, goyim

Ok but when is toady going to add big titted sluts

All made by me

This is the real question
>it is Uristina's dream to become a Legendary Bimbo!
implants made from special plant jelly and cosmetic surgeon job when

>this is only a TECHNICAL question not politics
>frames their question politically
>has only posted on political topics
>furry avatar
>recently changed name to mel_vixen from Heph after becoming a tranny

Yes I'm sure it was just a technical question.

>every once in a while
>as though this doesnt happen over and over and over in media
>as though unis dont create generations of idiotic self-loathing whites for "muh colonialism" "muh oppression"
>being this deluded
also

>those in power
yeah, im sure the average, poor working-class white boy sure has a lot of power, clearly the rich black actor or the upper-class trans uni student that mooches off of mommy and daddy cannot compare. oh wait no their opinions and identity dont match up with whats pushed as acceptable by modern media and politicians.

Yeah but also who cares, you wont even notice it being added to the game

t. mel_vixen

Arent SJWs supposed to be the ones crying about their feelings being hurt? Quit crying puss, you're just as bad and just as unwanted.

Like you said, not a confirmation. Toady has never made a point to shoehorn politics into dwarf fortress., although i'm sure prejudice and politics will make their way in eventually, of that I have no doubt whatsoever. It's too big a storytelling tool to drop completely.

>frames it politically
But they didn't? They mentioned myths and gender-bending in legends and tales. as for the other stuff, eh...

Don't bother arguing with /pol/flakes

02/11/2017

The day Toady destroyed /dfg/

I changed the tile for the hatch cover so that it matches the floor tiles.

That tileset is fucking shit

Yes because you will lose.

I like your idea with the hatch cover, and the floor tiles look slick as hell. That said, this guy has a point.

Because they wont admit defeat
>REEEEEEEEE KEK KEK KEK STOP BEING RIGHT

So at this rate I assume pedophiles will be added into the game eventually

I still have that sword sticking out of my foot.

and /pol/ wont cry about that

Why are you so obsessed with "feelings"? Did the big bad /pol/ hurt you own fufuus, or is this the only way you can communicate your disliking for something?

But /pol/ makes a thread every time a child gets raped. Even if the guy who did it is white.

70 year old dwarves can breed 12 year olds since the very first release, user.

>shot deflected

Kobold swordmaster eh, what kinda mod are you on my sword-footed friend?

Yeah you sure showed them. /s

Myself I just don't want him to fall into the trap of pandering to a political group, wheter left or right leaning - appeasing people by adding or not adding features because people might be "offended" is never a good idea, and a thankless
job, since these sorts of people are never satisfied.

I'd rather he keep to having the simulation be realistic, even with all the ugly bits in place, wheter it be prejudice or outright atrocities. It makes the stories actually interesting and have depth to them.

Fuck off, will you, you're just as obnoxious as they are.

except they can't. dorfs can't marry if they're more than 10 years apart in age.

Yeah but 12 year old dwarves have adult bodies so it's ok. I was talking about sex between adult dwarves and child/adolscent dwarves.

Actually, no they can't. Toady made it so there's a max age disparage of less than 10 years or so for two people being able to marry or something like that.

I'm more interested in interspecies romance, I wonder if that will be a feature in the future.

I'd like that. Imagine seducing the demoness overlord of the goblins and making her into your slave.

I admit I question how you'd fuck her considering demon overlords are massive, nearly the size of dragons IIRC.

Wait, aren't you the one who's been reflecting the whole time? Your whole thing seems to be accusing "anti sjw" of being the "real swj" before anyone even bringing up social justice in the first place. It's like a preemptive strike to set the narrative to the conversation.

what is with these reddit tier comments

With valor, user

With valor

That's actually pretty nifty. Never noticed that because of how rare non-immigrant marriage is these days.
12 year olds humans are biologically adult in real life too, user. Don't believe the feminist lies.

Someone talked about trannies in FoF.

When did that happen? Can you link the source?

>demon overlords are massive
Huh, that might be a good thing to ask Toady. Will we ever get megabeasts and demons with smaller bodies?

No user, what I'm saying is that once a dwarf becomes 12 year old he has finished growing completely, he has reached his maximum size, same thing happens with humans, at 12 they have already reached their maximum size and have beards and all that.

loli dwarfs when?

no wait ask him if boobie sliders can be implemented for big milky tiddy kobold gf to go adventuring with

Female children already exist in DF.

>Be original capitalism guy in last thread
>post how that one FTOF reply is going to fuck everything up
>"/dfg/ is chill it won't ruin everything we're cool here!"
>Thread proceeds to crash and burn, and this one is doing the same thing.

God I love being right.

I will finally be able to satisfy my giantess fetish with DF!

He was talking about the maximum age difference for marriages, not the tranny bs.

Can't wait to be a degenerate and hold hands with a demon.

.He was talking about the maximum age difference for marriages, not the tranny bs.
Oh right. I saw the wrong (you), sorry.

le based radical centrist who doesn't care about anything strikes again! xD

Still thinking about how many poor african children have died gathering the materials used to make your phone?

>ironic le
>ironic xD
We reddit now.

>user is distracted after being unable to make an argument.

Kobolds

They aren't nearly this cool in the game though. Just stone age barbarians who walk around naked stealing shiny things for no reason, not cool dashing adventurers smart enough to use shields and carry backpacks

I knew it, I KNEW IT.

/pol/ ruins yet another thread, congrats on all the (you)s

Not him user, but screencapping your own post that no one even replied to in the other thread is pretty dumb. Yeah, we get it he's edgy. Nice meme image.

I wouldn't have cared if he added homosexuality for the sake of homosexuality being an actual thing, but political motivation sours it.

I told you this would happen, but you didn't listen to me.

they cuties

Who made the original cutebolds comics anyway?

Fat elv

What said - Toady envisions them as ugly chihuahua men - they literally do not have a comprehensible speech unlike other races, and all they do is shit in caves and steal things from other races (and occasionally steal the slabs from vaults).

They also lay eggs for some reason.

>the /pol/ scapegoat
You do realize a lot of non-/pol/ people dislike game devs shoehorning this sort of shit in because "people who dont play the game might be offended", right?

Weaver

no idea

>rampant political shitposting
Where the fuck else could it come from

That's very nice, but what about the age gap though?

Gob

Well, it's a political game. Made as a tool of political influence. See I'm not sure what you were expecting.

Eh, I just heard Toady commenting on it once in an interview or mybe DF talk. The way he talked about it, it seems to have been implemented a long time ago, possibly from the beginning. I know he also talked about how the game checks for inbreeding to avoid it, but in world gen certain things are ignored. It could be that there's no, or at least fewer age restrictions in worldgen, as he said things like uncle/niece marriages should be possible there.

come from
It was always here you dumb shit.

>(Toady One) Here's the Future of the Fortress for the month, which also has a report .

>FotF
bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=159164.msg7606864#msg7606864

>report
bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=168087.0
>Thanks for a great run of months -- and yeah, we're almost there. Once the dev items are done, we might hang on to it a few days to test it, but a lot of this has been practically test-like already the last several weeks, so I don't anticipate much of that'll be needed. And then of course all of you get to test it and find out just how bad that intuition was, he he he.

I think you can change the armor size when making armor in fort mode

>generate a beautiful world
>embark on a perfectly flat woodland with three rivers, shallow metals, deep metals and flux
>not to mention the war with goblins
>have to drop the game because of a modding fuckup
Life isn't fair, lads.

Does it have to fucking come from any specific place? It'd be like me saying the tranny defense squads on here came from tumblr. Believe it or not, people have political leanings that can stem from other places.

Neither /pol/ nor tumblr are someone's personal armies that arrive to some insignificant thread for a western interactive motion picture on an Indonesian basketweaving board.