He isn't trying to break into the biofuel market

>He isn't trying to break into the biofuel market

It's like you hate getting rich and saving the world.

But this is just a scam fueled by a subsidy called idealism.

It would take me too long to get up to speed to succeed in this market. I don't wanna be exposed to so much political risk either. I dont have the negotiating power that my competion can use to complicate my dealings.

Scam.

A 2 lane highway, with cars traveling at 80kmph, with a moderate distance between them, would require crop fields 8km in width, running alongside it, to provide the biofuel necessary to run those cars.

Gtfo of my face with this know-nothing bullshit.

No it isn't. Have you even SEEN the numbers compared to their closest competitor, which is palm oil?

You can piggy back on the existing oil system pretty easily.

I've seen that propaganda. They use corn as their metric. Algae production produces hundreds of times the output of corn biodiesel production, and your numbers are also bullshit.

Fuck off, shill. If you want to waste your own money, go ahead. Nobody here wants to join you in flushing their own down the toilet.

The other user is correct and so am I. This is a scam.

FUCK. OFF.

>being this assblasted

I tried to get through to you. Have fun betting on crypto bubbles.

BioFuel, like solar and wind power are stepping stones, they are stop gaps between fossil fuels and the future.

Hydrogen/Helium reactors is where it's going to be at in the next few decades. Screen cap this.

Source? Lyne or someone else?

I'm interested. How should I start?

I could possibly be considered an expert in this field. Algal biofuels are a meme. The microalgae that is used to produce the butanol fuel is laughably shit. Whilst productivity is high, the butanol product is toxic to the microalgae and inhibits growth after 1g/L. This means your separation costs are insane.

The only way it can ever be feasible is through genetic modification and perhaps improvement in the separation technology. Even then, unless the titre is increased to 40g/l, the energy required to separate the fuel is more than energy in the fuel itself.

Also there are no commercially viable plants in existence. Joule unlimited claim to have made astonishing breakthroughs but if you look into the company, there is shady shit regarding it's shareholders. John podesta is involved and it is said to be backed by the Russians. All in all, it is probably a pump and dump.

Ignoring the microalgae meme, let us move onto the next biofuels meme, ABE fermentation fuels. It was originally used to produce acetone in WW1 however it was used to produce butanol in the USSR and up to the 1980s in south Africa. It was uncompetitive compared to butanol produced from petrochemical routes.

A recent meme that has renewed interest in ABE fermentation is using non lignocellulosic biomass which is essentially waste biomass such as corn stover or woodchips. This reduces feedstock costs however pretreatment is required which is costly. You also have the same issue as microalgae, but to a lesser extent, which is downstream separation costs. You can only have about 14g/l of butanol product before the fuel inhibits the clostridium bacteria for fermentation. This again is not high enough for fuel use although it could be viable for 'green' butanol. This environmentally friendly butanol does not contain benzene residues like petrochemical butanol so it can be memed to wholefood type producers to get a higher cost.

Fug. On the bright side my Solazyme bag is focusing on making food oils now.

say we work out how to reduce the butanol via osmotic separation, increase the algal colony size by running conduits of fibre optic through the 'mass' and having a high surface area expose to sunlight, would that help? say, manufacture the stuff in a shipping container?

there is an australian company that does it. supplies fuel to Lufthansa

I think you're referring to separation using reverse osmosis membranes. The downstream separation technology isn't the main issue. It's the fact that the fuel that the microalgae secretes is toxic to the microalgae itself. This results in product inhibition and after a certain point, results in the death of the algae. This is the bottleneck. One way that could overcome this issue is to continually separate the fuel rather than do it in batches so to speak. This means the butanol concentration will be at a level below toxicity which would allow you to prolong the butanol production. Again, there are issues with continuous separation of butanol from the broth which make it unfeasible.

The same point can be made about increasing the surface area. It'll increase productivity but that won't be of any use unless you can solve the toxicity issues. We can make fuel from microalgae but I don't think we'll ever make it economically viable.

If i start getting free fuel or making and consuming corn juice i will die tho...

Hahahaha

No faggot. Hydrogen is fucked and i am sitting 10 miles from where helium was discovered. Its almost gone u fuck

Dont you mean salt reactors?

>But this is just a scam fueled by a subsidy called idealism.
It's not a scam tho- biofuels are a viable alternative, they're just not as cheap as petroleum right now

desu algae could be insanely profitable if instead of fuel they made specialty oils (like a thick oil to replace trans fats)