/sg/ - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. General

>BugTrap, crash to desktop, freeze/lockup? Find your crash log stalker.
Check your Documents or game install directories for the xray_[your name].log file. If you can't find it, look in the location specified at the top of fsgame.ltx. Copy the last few lines from the log and paste them here if you want any help.

>Quickstart Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1cnQeURGCjHTRPOGJH8G5ijP1fw5vbVWSE7opABcBpNk
>Mod Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1JPA0hQZVJ6mSvTsp6Sy3CoAkObJOKeoPHEamDC19Lio
>Miscellaneous Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/103nyaAM5PKgBwuZ35jRbv7VM7tEcvi1Scv6boOMe1RM
>Start guide, beginner tips, and much much more
pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv
>HUD guide, modding basics, mod reviews, and AMK mod guide
docs.google.com/document/d/10yi79NUFhJrFO4hmGeKqaWSw35BJQv0Ve0OK94ioMEw
>Why Complete is bad and you shouldn't play it
pastebin.com/6AtetpMM
>Performance Guides, Steam settings
pastebin.com/nzXEevG7
>Common misconceptions about Shadow of Chernobyl game mechanics
metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/WhatYouKnowThatAintSo.html
>The Zone Manual: Every Mod You'll Ever Need for the True Ukrainian Experience
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400
>Pasta summaries, streamer listing and more
cheeki.violates.me/

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!Z7RjwaBS!PYNDw9ugMSojbpUDgIACHQ
mega.nz/#F!oqgWWK4K!PStfjPLon_3UpVU-atgQeQ
mega.nz/#F!1zAilAoZ!xw3kb1awC1csjv2dMlb7Mw
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7
mega.nz/#F!RQoBEKaC!uyAfMXpgRdvc1CPBxocr7A
mediafire.com/?eb3nzh929em51
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22
mega.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
stalker.wikia.com/wiki/Outside_Chernobyl/Walkthrough
youtube.com/watch?v=10Wdoc70Cts&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Mods and Repositories | Often out of date; use only as a last resort!

>Shadow of Chernobyl
>Clear Sky
>Call of Pripyat
>Game Repacks + Modding Tools
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
>Downgrade Patches (drag-and-drop)
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
>Unpacked Gamedata + GSC Backup HDD assets
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
>Old Builds (dated from June 1st, 2002)
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw

>Lost Alpha
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg

>Oblivion Lost Remake
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
>Joint Pak 2
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7
mega.nz/#F!RQoBEKaC!uyAfMXpgRdvc1CPBxocr7A
mediafire.com/?eb3nzh929em51

>Call of Chernobyl

>Don't have Call of Pripyat but want to play Call of Chernobyl?
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI

>Xetrill's Modified LuaJIT for CS/CoP - improves performance, especially in script-heavy mods.
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22

Not today my friend, you were late 14 seconds and you let your shitty thread die. Today is my day. I win.

Thread wars are the best

Guess I have to spark some discussion. Something that hasn't been talked into the ground already and will really make you think and bait people into bumping the thread.

So now that Stalker 2 is confirmed what features would you want to see in it?

Being able to bone a bloodsucker

Good answer, who's brave enough to say something next?

Well there's like probably only two of us here on this thread soo...

Ehh
I guess i post the OP from previous thread
>Quickstart Guide

>Mods and Modding

>Miscellaneous Info

>Main Repositories
Game Repacks + Utilities
mega.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
Shadow of Chernobyl
Clear Sky
Call of Pripyat
Call of Chernobyl

Filter keywords: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. STALKER BugTrap
Previous thread:

Nice mod

I have entered it after spamming F for 10 seconds then died when tried to go forward, the wheels were stuck in the front of the car and registered as some extreme bump and blew the car up

Or you could just let this garbage 404 and make a proper one.

Nyet

Kill yourself weeb

Just like you did with your own thread, then you'll do it again for no reason.

I kind of want to see more emphasis placed on survival and survival mechanics. Mutants are supposed to be a big deal but half the time fighting humans is a much more concerning matter.

>your
Keep deluding yourself.

Kill yourself normalfag, reddit is 2 blocks down at

Is OGSE the only mod to get car physics kinda right?

>tfw Varg will never post here again

Where are the Berills and the SKATs located at CNPP? I know there are two of each in there.
Asking for a (very stupid) friend.

I dunno, I don't play with mods much

Currently playing NS Dmx + A.R.M.

Fucking horrible mod with extreme unbalance and difficulty

Stay triggered degenerate scum

stalker.wikia.com/wiki/Outside_Chernobyl/Walkthrough

"[...]this sergeant gives each of us a specsuit. Now these really are handy. Dye a specsuit any color other than the original red, and any stalker would put down five hundred dollars for it without batting an eyelash. I've long since vowed to figure out a way to swipe one from the Institute. At first glance, it's nothing special, looks like a diving suit, with a helmet to match and a large visor at the front. Maybe it's not quite like a diving suit, actually, more like a space suit. It's light, comfortable, not too tight, and you don't sweat in it from the heat. You can go right through a fire in this thing, and no gas will penetrate it. It's even bulletproof, they say. Of course, fire, toxic gas, and bullets - these are only Earth perils. The Zone doesn't have any of those; in the Zone you have other worries. Anyhow, truth be told, even in their specsuits people drop like flies. On the other hand, without them it'd probably be even worse. These suits are completely safe from the burning fuzz, for example. And from Satan's blosson and its spit...All right."

why can't there be a mod that makes Ecolog suits more badass? they should be so much rarer.

1.5r7 when?

You have such a fucking boring life you normie cunt

>Ecolog suits

When I first read this, quite some time after finishing the games to be perfectly honest, the one that came to mind was the SEVA, looking at the bulletproof part.

So... Anyone heard about ray of hope?
I really HOPE it won't just be a dayz with stalker attached to it

green condom>black benis

I agree but I wish the suits were more expensive and far rarer. obviously I could edit the cost myself in the files, but I really want fewer NPCs in seva suits

Finally at the Bar. Anyone for stale beer, Cossacks and dried out tobacco? I'm buying, got some nice stuff from the ARI.

Is that some motherfucking OGSE boiii

better AI and movements , more fluidness of everything and weapons.
possibly factions take over other areas and make them their new base ,factions wars going on. the main characters from factions and traders never die they just get moved to the new place that got taken over. your pda would tell you this place now belongs to a certain faction. adding alot of weapons like how mods have 500 different guns ,bigger variety of attachments and scopes.more (new)armor and suits(make some different to get than we are used to and make some really rare ones), new artifacts , new anomalies , actual stories and information about anomalies, mutants , people, and artifacts in your pda, like how it is in amk.
the people in your contact list you can actually call them and do stuff with them, people can pick you up in a helicopter or meet you.
possibly destructible environments.
new graphics making the game more immersive. different story lines and ending outcomes depending on which way you play or what faction you join. you can fish or hunt for food and cook it. you can salvage or collect gun parts and get a technician to build you a gun. driveable vehicles but this might ruin the game, in this case enemies will pull out rpgs or plant mines or ieds.make all the areas explore-able because i think that was only in mods where you could explore the whole cnpp map and parts of pripyat.

user,
Matherfucker i fuck your
family,your BITCH mather
suckdick in petrolium,your
faggot
father suck and lick dick again
for your grow up bestard.Say
hello to your BITCH mather
because i'm with blacks fuck her
too and she almost died like a
Street dog.
I want fuck your grandmather
and grandfather too(of course
with blacks) but they are already
dead but i can fuck their tombs
SON OF A BITCH.
Be assure this time we will fuck
again your mather but this time
she will die like a BITCH in the
street
After all your homo fag father will
suck many dicks to bury
your BITCH mother.

You're a dumb child. Nobody cares if it's the old op or the new op

only you

Aнoн,
Matherfucker я тpaхaю твoю
ceмья, вaш BITCH mather
cocaть в нeфтянoй
пeдик
oтeц cocaть и лизaть члeн cнoвa
для твoeгo pocтa.
пpивeт к вaшeмy BITCH mather
пoтoмy чтo я c чepными eбy ee
тoжe, и oнa пoчти yмepлa, кaк
Уличнaя coбaкa.
Я хoчy тpaхнyть твoeгo бaбyшкa
и дeдyшкa тoжe (кoнeчнo
c чepными), нo oни yжe
мepтвы, нo я мoгy тpaхнyть их мoгилы
CУКИH CЫH.
Бyдьтe yвepeны, нa этoт paз мы бyдeм тpaхaтьcя
cнoвa вaш мaтep, нo нa этoт paз
oнa yмpeт кaк BITCH в
yлицa
B кoнцe кoнцoв, вaш oтeц-гoмoceкcyaл
cocaть мнoгo хyй, чтoбы пoхopoнить
вaшeй мaтepи BITCH.

Accept no substitutes, my good man.

Continuing from my last post in the last thread. Given how the layout is made and whatnot, I honestly feel like CoC is trying to be an RPG. Just think about it.

Playing one of the harder factions like Mercenaries.

>start in Wild Territory that is filled to the brim with mutants and possibly some bandits and or duty. Usually there is no other mercenaries with you at all.
>start in Zaton with no guide to get you to Dead City, and no trader or mechanic, so good luck faggot.
>or start in Dead City where you should but remember, you're not suppose to have fun.

Then when you get into the actual game it becomes.
>Go North if you want sweet loots, but also to get buttfucked. If you decide to venture out into Red Forest or something, better start running boy.
>Go South and immediately get mindraped because you didnt get the rubles to get the psi helmet to shut off the machine below yantar.
>Go East and deal with freedom scum, go south from there and deal with duty or run into Wild Territory facing the same issues you have when you spawn there with Yantar being the only realistic place you can go to at that point.
>You want a bounty mission? Go to CNPP please

I just hate it. I understand that a harder faction is going to be "harder" per say, but this isn't hard, it is just ridiculous.

autism

/sg/ in a nutshell

>I understand that a harder faction is going to be "harder" per say, but this isn't hard, it is just ridiculous.
You're not wrong. This isn't 'difficult' or 'challenging', it's just bullshit and bad game design. Or mod design, you get my point.

How shitty of a computer can I get by and still play with? Because I've only got a shitty laptop from 2011, and want to play.

I mean I don't know how it would work per say, but if we had a level changer from Dead City to Wild Territory, a lot of the bullshit would be reduced simply by not having to deal with being restricted access due to having no gear.

If you're playing Vanilla, it can be an extra garbage computer and it'll still run it decently enough.

I'm getting a light line on the left and top line of the screen in SoC. Any good way to fix that? Never had the problem in any other game.

>a level changer from Dead City to Wild Territory
Something like that would be neat

user I think you're forgetting something critical. use the debug menu. does it make sense to enter the zone as a loner or bandit with only a hunting shotgun and a tin of meat? sure. does that make sense for a merc? fuck no! spawn yourself some equipment, you mercenary bastard. before coming to the zone you would have either bought gear or been issued it. when I play merc I usually spawn myself a mask, 5.56 rifle, 9mm pistol, an MRE, and a couple israeli bandages. is this an easier start? of course it is, but how else am I to be expected to roleplay a merc?

only true stalker factions like the loners, bandits, duty, and freedom should have a "hobo phase" of your run. as any other faction, you should have gear issued to you, because it makes fuckall sense to leave a military base for a mission with a 1911 and some bread.

Another option would be to put the Yantar-Dead City levelchanger somewhere else. It's stupid that it has to be right in front of the lab. a Dead City-Wild Territory levelchanger would still be terrific, though.
A more permanent solution would be to redesign the maps to fit the whole freeplay thingamajig better, but there's no fucking way that's happening.

You can run it on a potato, it's a matter of finding the right settings.

just vanilla SoC? zrp? mods?

You could make a thread about the level changers and layouts in the CoC dev forums. I doubt the devs spend too much time shitposting on /sg/.

The west area in Yantar is great for a levelchanger

I'd prefer the other flank of the plant desu. lots of anomalies there, it would make an interesting approach

I'm older than you faggot

Aside from the odd mutant or zombie it's a relatively safe area as well. It's a good option for sure.

I feel like I can't be the only one who thought of this shit, but I guess I'll see if I can forward the idea to them.

>odd mutant or zombie
in my experience there are three zombies on the hill there every single time I visit the map.

could have fooled me

apparently the line wasn't visible in the pic

Nope, AMK Autumn edition
Been some time since I last played SoC, but I never had the problem with AA2 or vanilla SoC. I've upgraded my monitor since then though.

>ssao wall lines

I dont have that bino texture in AMK AE 1.4.1 are you playing 1.4?

might just be able to swap textures
go to gamedata\textures\wpn\
open wpn_crosshair_bino.dds and tell me the dimensions

should be something like 1365x1024

so guys , in CoC a lot of the assassination missions now involve the target always with their buddies or in a base with a lot of friendlies around. how do i complete these should i kill the guys that start attacking me when i kill the target ? will it ruin my rep ? im a loner and it wants me to kill mercs and other loners or stalkers.

nevermind i take that back, i do have that texture, I forgot I ued a different one

here is what i got with 1365x1024 original texture

>I've upgraded my monitor since then though.

did you center your screen in the monitor settings?

the problems isn't with the binocular texture, dunno where you got that from. I just posted the screenshot with the most noticeable lines.

Are you using any kind of not-in-game AA?

Yes, I'm forcing 2x MSAA through NVIDIA CP, disabled in-game AA. I'll try without it now

Yeah you need to use SweetFX or something like it to add a 1px black border on top.

What, really? When did this become an issue?

External AA has literally always done this in certain games.

>literally always
not really

does it for me too with AyyMD 2xEQ adaptive mulitsampling

jethuth cwithe

>Stalker 2 confirmed
Where and what and when and who are the devs behind it

Nowhere, nothing, never, and no one.

Blowouts in OP-2 are supposed to spawn artifacts sometimes, right? .... right? a small handful of quirks and stone bloods useful only for prolonging my supply of vodka once an eternity can't be all that i ever get...

So hows dos I takes of the screen shots in Calls of Chernobyls?

F12

Yea I tried that. I checked both locations for it but its not there.

go into game options for controls and see what button is assigned to screenshots

Yep f12. Oh well Ill just deal with it. Maybe try making a screenshot folder where they said it would be.

Whats the best population factor for stalkers and mutants? .5 is seeming like too few now. Im killing everyone too easy. I want to actually have to run away from group instead of just going behind a tree and swapping sides each kill. I bumped it up to 1 but that only added maybe a quarter to the numbers. An unraided bandit hideout only had 20 people. Ive had 43 before (I counted the bodies, they just kept coming, then when I thought I was done a dozen more spawned in the building next door)

you can just look in fsgame.ltx

the default for coc is a folder in your install directory labeled appdata

appdata\screenshots

only other problem might be that coc doesnt have the permissions to write it. try running the game as administrator.

>Go East and deal with freedom scum, go south from there and deal with duty or run into Wild Territory facing the same issues you have when you spawn there with Yantar being the only realistic place you can go to at that point.
You can go east to army warehouses then south to truck cemetery, which lets you get to the bottom areas of the zone.

>mercs
>hard
You litteraly just run around in wild territory 1shotting the sentries with shotguns, looting their shit, then sleeping to start the whole thing over until you find an anomaly finder then head to red forest.

>RPG checklist
Makes sense when I said it seems like CoC is trying to be an RPG.

>okay for this faction, do this and this until X and then do Y and then do that until you get gear and money then have fun.

Yea so I dont do that and just pick up weapons and use them. I only allow myself to buy armor and repair stuff. Also play on ironman, makes it so much better. I mean this is just what I did in the other games, run around in areas and find people to shoot.

I'm playing a bandit character in CoC with a few addons and this shit is crazy. Constant firefights with population for mutants and stalkers set to .5. I already have a gauss gun, groza with tons of grenades, and more.

What other bandit traders exist? Is it only in Dark Valley?

Freedom is friendly with the bandits, so Army Warehouses and Yanov have traders you can use. Yanov you'll probably have to fight the loners every time you go there though.

>Yanov you'll probably have to fight the loners every time you go there though.

I have to kill all of the loners inside the train station?

Unless you don't get spotted by any of them on the way to Ashot. IIRC if you do get spotted Hawaiian and the medic will probably just run away until you leave, and trapper will stay in the basement.

about to play CoP for the first time in years, is it safe to install absolute textures over misery 1.1?

Why not open them up and see for yourself? Should probably check how misery's look ingame, override with absolute texture's and compare.

idk man, last time I attacked Yanov I was a monolithian and Trapper wiped out my entire squad with that 23mm of his.

Interesting, the times I did he was happy to stay in his room until I actually went down there. Stood in his spot until he saw me though, so maybe a squadmate of yours went down there?

So the bandit base got attack by two huge packs of dogs at the same time and about 10 bandits die and the place is looking rather dead with only a few bandit stalkers left to defend the place. More will spawn correct?

i don't know what happend

youtube.com/watch?v=10Wdoc70Cts&feature=youtu.be

Help I'm playing free mode Call of Cherbobyl 1.4.xx and I'm stuck on a Bear Detector, where's the best place to find a better one? I'm going through Yantar a lot for zombies but no detectors.

Also I ordered an exoskeleton from Nimble and it has not yet arrived but I unfortunately found a Merc exoskeleton in the Red Forest. Which one is better?

>leave the future of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. to me

vanilla?

thanks