This a humanities thread and therefore not subject to the 25 year rule

How will history remember the 2016 election?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperreality
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

political shitstorm of the highest degree

Thoughts on pic related?

It'll either be remembered as the greatest turning point in US history.

I like how there's no other option available.

>Americans tricked by businessman trying to make laws that will create profit for him and his associates

Probably the beginning of the end of American influence on the global stage.

he was strongly opposed by cosmopolitan billionaires like Mark Cuban and George Soros, so he's certainly not acting in their interests

The beginning of the age of memes

>this is humanities not politics

Fuck off pol

What if their interests are well-being for society and not just personal enrichment? I know it's hard for you personally to imagine not being a sociopath, but you know there are people who aren't, right?

We don't know yet, and we've fuck all to compare it to. It's also not Veeky Forums since it's about recent events without actually connecting it to a humanities subject outside of history.

I'm not sure how just "how will this be remembered?" implies /pol/. I think you'd have to be delusional to imagine history will consider Trump a good outcome. As though his supporters know anything about history.

>What if their interests are well-being for society and not just personal enrichment?
What if that's Trump's interest?

Probably because they believe his policies will be damaging in the long term and aren't interested in short term gains. Which is probably why both are far more successful businessmen than Trump.

>What if their interests are well-being for society and not just personal enrichment?
Then they wouldn't be bankrolling BLM and trying to disrupt the demographics of western countries with immigrants that overwhelmingly vote for more liberal policies and bigger government.
>I know it's hard for you personally to imagine not being a sociopath
HRC is a sociopath and so is George Soros

However, I will add that no matter what you think, a candidate like him was predicted to come at one point or another and predicted by Jean Baudrillard 25 year ago in his discussion of "hyper reality".

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperreality

We're living in a meme world and absurdity have no bounds.

>there are still people this naïve about Soros

Lots of discussion about the effects of the Internet's integration into everyday life. The effect of Wikileaks, mistrust of traditional media, CTR/the perception of CTR, the Trump social media campaign, etc getting compared and contrasted with the effect of the printing press on the Reformation.

>hurr durr

compelling rebuttal

Will he be the first president elected without a platform?

Fitting to the nonsequotor bullshit post.

So you hate equality and are resorting to it was da joos?

>So you hate equality
Nope, I just think that countries should put their own citizens first and not prioritize settling foreigners (usually low-skilled and government reliant) on their soil.
>resorting to it was da joos?
Whoa racist much! where did I say it was jews, sounds like you are being bigoted to automatically assume that rich men with globalist objectives are jews!