Hoping to open an internet cafe in cali

Ive got two investors willing to foot the bill for computers about 20 with high enough specs to make sure they arent obsolete in 3 years. Were setting up and hourly and half hour rates. I have another investor willing to pay for solar to offset costs for electricity. My problem so far is finding a decent location with cheap enough rent to make it profitable. Prolly a warehouse location from what ive seen. Im footing the bill on lease and everything other than what was mentioned. Also going to have to spring money on games and other programs. This would basically drop my savings to nill and force me to keep my wagecuck job until its profitable which might not ever happen...

Wut would u do biz?

What makes you think an internet cafe would be profitable? We basically can do everything that we could on a desktop on our phones. What's your thinking here?

> Internet cafe
> 2017
> California

You might as well throw your money from the top of a building, OP. You would at least have a good story to tell.

Internet cafes are only a thing these days on poor countries where home/mobile internet access isn't as common.

Now, if you REALLY want to do this, you need a better selling point. If your concept is more or less similar to korean's PC bangs for example then maaaaaaaybe you have a shot.

Internet cafes are still popular in Japan and Korea.
I have no idea why though.

Trying to get kids/teens to play there. Also people who cant afford tp buy gaming pcs. But i see where youre comin from

Advertise your business instead as a place where you can live stream (offer a discount if they mention your shitty cafe in their livestream. Also make a section where people can record and render their vids for YouTube. A lot of people can play PC games but not many have the programs or enough computer power to livestream with good fps or render fast

your largest demographic would be homeless people lol.

have you noticed that there's more 10x more kids interested in playing minecraft than crysis? I think what you're trying to do is obsolete. if you want to do something internet related, maybe do an internet cafe geared towards travellers near the airport or some shit, but even they use their phone for everything.
if you were able to convince three people to fork up money for an obsolete piece of shit idea then you should have no problem convincing ten people to buy into a good idea: BUY DOGE, SHORT ETH.

The only way this would be "profitable" is if you were in some 90s town where it's against the law to use android, linux, windows, mac.
But that's more for nostalgiafags caring more about living the good "old" days for free than hoping to waste their life's savings on it.

It's like trying to revive boothphones with cards!!! not going to work, kid. Stop being so self-absorbed and go /out/side to get a reality check.

You can make it work, you just wont be making your profits of off playing time. I ran one before, through tournaments to get repeat customers. Sponsor a team, make your money by selling food or have a pro streamers or pro players come by to teach lessons. League of legends/ dota players

This desu. You've also got to encourage people not to leave the place. Have plenty of snacks/drinks and set up an account with a delivery company for discount pizza and other takeaway.

Only place ive ever seen people use these were in holiday resorts.

OP this kind of shit might work in Asia but Americans won't go for this kind of shit. We have home computers, and people who are interested in playing games typically can afford computers to play them on.

On top of that, you're gonna have to deal with vagrants and homeless people coming in and making trouble, you'll be wiping down loads of jizz that they spray onto the keyboards, you're gonna be out of business within a month. There's a reason there are barely any internet cafes in America, it's because there's no money to be made in them.

>it's because there's no money to be made in them.
that and libraries do it for free

Asia isn't the technological wonderland that media would have you believe.

pretty much this.

another possible idea is being really shady and marketing it to hookers and pimps trying to post ads on backpage, or maybe to tweekers who need an internet connection so they can fap 4:30 in the morning.

I remember in a really sketchy part of OC, there was a plaza with like 5 massage parlors, and next to it was a really seedy internet cafe that was actually open later than the massage parlors. So one time after getting my dick wet I went in and checked it out, and it was fuckn scary man, everyone looked like a fucking gangbanger.

Don't know if it's still around cause I don't live in OC anymore. Good luck OP

popular here in Australia too - my advice to OP is target asians bro, the internet cafe where i live is full of koreans playing league

Internet cafes are a thing of the past sadly but yolo. Go for it.

Dont rent anything bigger than u need. Coling costs unless u uo high are gonna suck there.

Look for gov grants and rebates for solar.

Fucking hippyfornia

Niiiiiiiice

Can anyone explain to me how the fuck internet cafes are even profitable, considering its only a few dollars an hour per person?

Cali colombia?
Because no one would use those in california.

they are profitable in places people dont have easy access to computers, like Africa, Cambodia, Ukraine, and Phillipines, but I bet they are dieing fast

if you ask that question it just really shows you dont have the basic intelligence to start a business.

Better off buying a few PS4's and XboxOne's, setting up about 8 of them, with some comfy couches and serving food/drinks to customers.

With this, you're spending MAX $300 per Xbox1/PS4, compared to spending 1500 per gaming PC where you'll need to update the specs within the year.

What research have you done into this business in the area? I wouldn't sink all your savings into one thing, not even a gold mine. If that's what it'll take then just start in a way you can afford. Personally I think it sounds pretty risky and you don't sound that sure about it.

You don't need to bother with a delivery place, you can buy good frozen pizza for fuck all and if it's cheap no one will care.

I lived in Japan for three months. It's a rich country with a high cost of living. Everyone has a smartphone.
Yet they still pay money to use public computers at Internet cafes. I wonder if it's the social component.

Dude what.

I try not to be hard an entreprenuers as I am an entrepreneur.

An internet cafe is a shit idea. Especially in Cali. It will be expensive and not profitable.

Besides why wouldn't someone just use their home internet?

Guy. Do a trade business. They are profitable. It's not about what you want, it's about what sells.

Better idea would be to rent out a space with free wifi and electricity and sell food, offer bathrooms with showers. They bring their own computers or devices so you save costs. Basically a place for NEETS to live and pay you monthly with their welfare. I know Japan offers something like this.

Rate the idea of this in N. America pls.

>target asians

This.

Many asian kids dont get to vidya at home because their parents force them to study instead. So they go to a net cafe after school and tell their parents that they have a study group or some shit.

Lol what a coincidence I own and open internet cafes. I also own and sell machines in Florida, New York and North Carolina. Ask me anything nigger

Same thing I told my dad in.college

Going to school, really going to a titty bar

Tight but can be done.

League. it's all about League. You're going to want to try and attract kids (teens, college, some neets) who for whatever reason can't play it at home, or want to play it in the same room as their friends. You'll have a few other people playing Overwatch and DOTA2, maybe some MMOs, but it's mostly League.

(That said, you'll need to work hard to keep the hobos out. Zero tolerance.)

You'll also probably do better if you focus on consoles, because the fighting game kids are fucking insane, and in-person multi is getting hot again. If you can get a booze license, all the better. Even if you don't get booze, make sure you have drinks and food. (Ramen, especially, since all you need is a kettle). You can have a massive markup on that shit and nobody will care.

Also have space for board games. Don't limit yourself, gaming is gaming. You might well end up with more board gamers than anything else. They're insane too. But as long as they're paying, who gives a shit.

Picture a hillock of moist hobo faeces with a light crusting of blood-flecked jism.

No it would not fucking work.

This idea is so mid 2000's. You're 12 years too late.

Most people just tap their phones now. You're not going to have enough repeatable clients to pay rent.

>You'll also probably do better if you focus on consoles, because the fighting game kids are fucking insane, and in-person multi is getting hot again
This is a good idea. Nothing beats in-person when it comes to fighting games.

This. Biddy just opened up up a game shop. Been open 6 months and seen profit since day 1. Fucking grand opening isnt even until the 29th and he make money hand over fist. These kids all need a place to hang out and not get shit on by normies.

Never seen my buddy so happy. Honestly jealous as fuck. Gonna read my first comic book today

This is probably the best advice especially the board gaming part, don't forget shit like Magic too. Also be prepared for the inevitable pervert to look up CP and the visit from the cops, IE get a lawyer before you need one.

DONT DO THIS IN CALIFORNIA DO THIS IN KOREA and CHINA /thread THEY LITERALLY LIVE IN CAFES DONT INVEST HERE go east dude where its cheaper at least

> Internet cafe
> In California

Nigga are you dumb? Those only exist in third world nations where online access is limited

Even in China and Korea, its a shrinking market.
Cybercafes are super saturated and closing left and right.

OP, if you are still listening, it doesn't sound like you don't have any competitive advantages with patents. You will not make it to year 5. Do not get mad at this post and say, "I'm going to show you!!!!"... that's not how real life works.

In modern 2010+ real life, 1 in 25 start-ups fail.

>24/25 startups succeed
You're retarded

Sixty niggers. I typo'd.
You know what I mean.

10/10.

Buddy just opened a card shop. Can confirm