/ddg/ - Dragon's Dogma General

Foxy Grandpa Edition

Previous Thread: >Tips for new players
You can change vocations at level 10 at the Gran Soren inn or BBI.
Character appearance can be changed later on.
Dont miss your sidequests: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Side_Quest_Progression
Further info on "Must Do" sidequests: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qS9A47duONEwozGu8A6_oX_HyCxgBwbquGmlZqEQqqg/edit?usp=sharing
Understanding the romance system: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Beloved
Hard Mode doesn't change enemy AI, it adds higher Stagger/ Knockdown resistances and increases Stamina consumption and Health damage recieved. More info about it in the wiki. Recommended for NG+

>Wiki you lazy shit
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_Dogma_Wiki

====================================

>/ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/156IeHCRWMcCTU4nkIIwGgjVBetjVu47C9TvAlAc5HUY/edit?usp=sharing

>Stat Growths
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Stat_Growths

>RC Calculator
opsc.dark-arisen.com/calculator.php?cmd=calculate

>In-depth Beginner/Advanced Player Guide and FAQ
docs.google.com/document/d/17Avxu-W6BCjDrglXtHg8Z3sKB_z_5tlWhV1Vmf_YWHw
gamefaqs.com/boards/626514-dragons-dogma/74291952

>Character Creator Sliders
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QfNzxImmAvPk0jUhfKdyjxwUBg8OUl9iQhLMBL_pEl8/edit?usp=sharing

>Mods available
pastebin.com/jcbPgLdj
pastebin.com/XqfsTx3G
piratepad.net/ep/pad/view/ro.uXOgwZkXAy5/latest

>Hotkey Script for PC Players
pastebin.com/7gju0zt8

>Modding on console and old pawns
pastebin.com/NMTBXnxA

>Guide to get DDO
pastebin.com/mx95PT0w
reddit.com/r/dragonsdogmaonline/

>DDO Beginners Guide
pastebin.com/xgzbcXNg
pastebin.com/338KVa5X

>Screenshot Guide
pastebin.com/6YtfNbcb

>Make webms
pastebin.com/4ipnGRND

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d45rVR__8hs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Does anyone sell an infinite supply of meat?
I want to make a shitton of Backfat Oil

second for spoopy stalker pawns

For all those at the ass-end of last thread, I've got your names down. I don't know at which points I aught to swap them out, but I'll figure it out as we go. We'll be live shortly over on Twitch at Vaiire if you'd like to come watch.

hips

Why do you guys like this game soo much? It's just an casual version of dark souls

I'm out, since I haven't played this char as much yet
also, somebody else fuckin post

may you have many thicc adventures my friend

Come join the stream.

It's pretty good you should try it.

Just got back on this with the new release, after playing the 360 version of DA to death. Good to be back on it, and have a fresh start.

Although, the Hydra battle did go on a bit, because I was weak as shit. Never had the cutscene with the explosive barrel before.

Decided to go for a change of pace too, used to play as Assassin/MA, decided to go Warrior this time.

Oh, and replaced my Warrior loli with a semi-Gothic mage waifu.

Do status stack? Can I give a thousand poison flasks to my pawn while I set the enemies on fire?

>"Only Fighters, Warriors, Assassins and Mystic Knights can grapple foes, other vocations can pick up, carry or throw downed or staggered enemies, but not grapple."
I wish the game told you that, I've been trying to pin enemies while my stamina recover for a while now.
Which isn't a bright idea since it drains your stamina anyway.

Dark Souls is just casual Demon's Souls anyway.

It's fun, quite easy to play, there's a lot of interactive stuff, and there are a lot of hidden mechanisms.

The only parts I hate are the sounds, they're completely shitty.
>that bow that sounds like a blowgun

Everyone post your favorite picture of your Arisen and Pawn of all time.

my arisen is my wifeboyfriend I never post photos here.

Any advice for Speedrun mode? I'm surprised I never see it discussed here, and after 2 playthroughs I have enough portcrystals to cover enough important places.

I'm assuming Ranger is the go-to class for it as well with roll-spam and the OP tenfold, right?

The seneschal out of all "people" did not mind the edge

Well now I'm just curious and you need to post your Arisen.

I prefer assassin actually for gale harness and invis if you ever just need to get through something unseen but yeah, you're on the right track. There's no timer on you to finish so don't feel pressure, just run through and see how you do is my advice for a first time speedrun. Also keep 23 wakestones on you to do a quick turn in at the end.

Is it not time to stop this rampant stream-posting autism, it's unashamed and embarrassing, it's like every timezone has some lispy attention-starved neckbeard advertising here

ignore anything that is not directly tied to main quests, you should be fighting

>check my pawn's gifts
>"maker finger..."
>my heart jumps in my chest
>"... forgery."
>FUCKING
Who the fuck is a giant loser wasting time and money on trash things like that?
Fucking asshole.

It's like one post out of the thread, and so is yours. Easy to ignore.

There's usually only one or two guys who stream, and they're able to make the stream not suck shit
Why are you mad?

no price is to high for a good joke

Wh-what is that, user?

Miasma.

I don't 'ayy lmao' people's pawns often, but that one is legitimately an alien
Also
ayy lmao

Nah, fuck you. Streams are comfy and since the streamers take /ddg/ pawns, it's actually not really advertising as much as it is useful to be able to see how your pawn is performing in another world.

Just make sure you have everything you need before going into speedrun (potent greenwarish, large mushroom, at least 23 wakestone, etc.). You can either do ranger or assassin for an easier time- gale harness doesn't really save too much time to warrant going assassin only. Make sure you have maker's finger before going in as well because you'll be sleeping passed Fournival's trial and won't be able to get another one afterwards.

One great tip, that as it turns out most people might not know, is that you can just jump off the ledge in the everfall, at the beginning of the game, revive with a wakestone, and then just immediately ferrystone out after interacting with the plate at the bottom. I know the wiki has a guide to help cut time if you want to maximize time. No pressure, however, as there isn't really a prize for beating it under a certain time; you can try as many times as you like in case you aren't too happy with your previous record.

>tune into stream
>fuckboy arisen
>trap arisen in chat

degenerates gonna degenerate

maximum sass

>read on the wiki that you can give Steffen a forged grimoire
>leading to him arriving in the gryphon quest and himiliating himself
>and potentially getting killed

Set up portcrystals at all important areas beforehand. I don't remember the exact list but the watergod's altar is one, greatwall is another, for instance.

If you're playing strider (HIGHLY recommended), learn how to use brainsplitter to negate fall damage. If not, bring one (1) wakestone. This is for webm related. Just brainsplitter off the ledge like this or jump off and wakestone.

Get a maker's finger. I don't remember if you have to buy it from fournival in speedrun mode or if you can bring one in your warehouse, but save it for grigori. Hit his heart with it as soon as he tells you to make the choice.

Use mad dash (if you're strider) or cutting wind (as a different dagger class, which isn't recommended) to move around. Bring liquid vims so you can spam them infinitely.

The skills you want (as strider) are pentad, cloudburst (just in case you mess up and have to fight grigori, or anything else) and mighty bend (for aiming your maker's finger better) on your bow, and brainsplitter, mad dash/cutting wind and thousand kisses (just in case you mess up and have to fight grigori) on your daggers, iirc.

The biggest slowdown is the first trip to gran soren. Activate the ox to kick it, and once it goes below ~60% health spring water it because being at lower health makes it run shorter distances when kicked.

If you aim right with four conq's periapts and use darkening storm a pentad shot can take out both wights at once in one shot on top of the greatwall.

Your kit should include several (about 15-20) spring waters, several (about 20) liquid vims, a wakestone if you need it, the eternal ferrystone once you hit gran soren, some conqueror's periapts (strictly speaking you only need four IIRC, but you might want to bring 8 just in case), daggers, a bow, and no armour- Need more weight for the rest of your kit (just in case you run out of vim). Make your character as tall as possible and as thicc as possible.

>sassy black pawn
Just like in one of my Western sitcoms!

wait fuck 21 wakestones, you need the 20 at endgame too. That's where most of your weight goes iirc. You can also bring blast arrows if you're afraid something will go awry in combat, and can replace mighty bend with fivefold for the same reason if you're confident you can make the maker's finger shot with a regular arrow.

Any non-English speaker here?
In Japanese, the Arisen are called "Awakened" or something.
In English, they're called Arisen.
And in French, they're called "Insurgé", insurgent or rebel.

I'm curious about other languages.

he's brown not black you philistine

french people are cowards

I think I like "arisen" best, though "awakened" makes the most sense with regards to being able to understand dragontongue, being conditionally immortal, etc. It's just that "arisen" has both connotations of being exalted or chosen by the dragon somehow AND of being an active agent who is moved by their own will.

I don't really understand why they decided to translate it as insurgent in French, but I suspect it's because they couldn't find an equivalent word that wouldn't be cheesy.

I went on this morning and a guy put my pawn all at one stars and also put that my pawn need training how do I find his pawn and also put that his pawn need train to

Calm down and stop caring about it, honestly

HIPS

That's kind of interesting that they went with rebel or insurgent, when the Arisen continues the cycle. Makes me wonder what others are.

H I P S

I suppose it has to do with the Arisen standing against the dragon's atrocity, as well as disrupting the Duke's machinations, but yeah, I'd like to know how they translated it in other languages.

You can also forge the wyrmking's ring, see how the duke try to use it to open a chest, fail and still walk away with it with no problem or consequences at all.

What would happen if a normal person would try to rape a pawn? Would the pawn kick his ass all the way to Seneschal?

Streaming Post-Dragon exploration adventures on Twitch, come hang out and say hi! Come watch me flail about on MAXIMUM EDGE setting and no lantern. If anyone wants me to bring their pawn as well, just let me know.

Twitch /jachibel

My pawn does the raping here.

In the French version, they also renamed all the spells. Instead of having Ingle or Anodyne, they're called Fireball and Healing.

I honestly can't find any good reason to do so.

>all of this trickery
You people should be ashamed.

French can't into fancy oldey words

>watch a speedrun of this game
>guy consumes six amulets, then put on explosives arrows, draws seven of them at once, aim and kill the griffin instantly
Wow. That game can be so fucking broken.

>6 amulets
Were they 6 of the same? Because I'm triggered if so

Yes. I think it was the one that buff the attack.

They only stack x4 per each buff type

lol those only stack up to 4

youtube.com/watch?v=d45rVR__8hs
Yeah, my bad, I checked again, it was 4 amulets that he ate.

But French is where we get a lot of fancy words...

sad grandpa.

Fancy but not oldey. They disregard a lot of the Latin and Greek that carries over into most other European languages.

French is basically just horribly corrupt Latin, anyway. Definitely the most corrupt, but still.

he's sulking because i called him short

ITT: We post DEUS VULT

Alas, my fellow Arisen, I am far too chilvarous and righteous to boast of my appearance

What vocation do you think the Duke played as?

I think he bounced between mage and warrior before settling on assassin.

Do you not want thine wenches to bask in thou holy righteousness as you take back Jerusalem from the blasphemous Saracen heretics?

Fighter like a normie

>there's a greathelm in DD
What's it called and what vocation uses it?

I remember using a mod that enabled all augments from the beginning, as well as changing stats.
Anybody know which one it is?

either dinput8.dll hooks or cheatengine

Thanks!
You just made me save HOURS grinding
Not that something useful would have been done with those hours anyways

>Barreled Helm
>Fighter, Warrior and Mystic Knight
>You can be a literal incarnation of holy righteous fury

Why does fournival not simply mass produce makers fingers and give them to the gran soren guard? if they can get makers fingers so easily why are any monsters ever a problem?

Why doesn't America mass produce nukes and give them to the police?

MF isn't going to level a castle, just kill some people which anyone could already do if they wanted. the MF is a one hit kill on literally anything that could pose a threat the Gransys. Just have the best archer in the city on standby with a MF and kill the dragon if it attacks. ezpz.

The time has come and so have I, thanks user

True but then how are you going to get rich giving that shit away? Much better to artificially bump up it's market value by only selling it to your most exclusive customers. The top tier blacksmith who needs gold idols has the right idea.

A better question would be, is that top tier blacksmith also a top tier seamstress considering Madeline's gold idol quest?

Did this guy ever do the other characters?

Please tell me these aren't PC mods

Not sure if the guy ever released the edits but yeah, PC.

Okay, I won't tell you.

Goddamn shame, they look fantastic

If he could mass produce them he'd sell them in bulk. If he could give them away he wouldn't be Fournival.

part of me thinks he soul some of his soul just to get his hands on it and the part of the soul that was taken was evil and corrupted into the being known as Simone so to help spare the world from it becoming wasteland he does not perform the ritual ever again.

>Managed to beat first form Daimon bare fisted
If I could stay interested in the fight for an hour and had enough Periapts on hand, 2nd form Daimon would go down too.
Your time is short Mr Daimon.