/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

Buck edition

DO NOT BUY THE STARTER EDITION
(To find out why, read OP FAQ right below this, under "Which edition should I buy?" section)

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this first before asking questions)
[Currently being updated with Blood Orchid changes]
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>Stat Checking
r6db.com/
r6stats.com/
game-rainbow6.ubi.com/en-us//player-statistics//multiplayer

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Gallery
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>Official News
Weapon recoil overhaul
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-301767-16/weapon-recoil-overhaul
Patch Y2S3.1 deployed on all platforms on Tuesday, September 19th.
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1749651-Patch-Notes-Year-2-Season-3-1
Blood Orchid mid-season reinforcements are coming
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-ca/updates/bloodorchid/reinforcements.aspx

Read the thread:

>buck is better sledge
>hibana is better thermite
>frost is better kapkan
>ela is better echo
why is this allowed

Rainbow six gets an anime, what's the premise and who's the best waifu?

Recruit trains in VR with a few members of DLC operations while subplots about "legendary" CTUs like the SAS go on about them having a tough time with the White Mask operations, culminating with the Recruit being called in as emergency back up and saving someone and at the end Thatcher claps and welcomes him to Team Rainbow

It's just the book but with more females

Siege is stuck at 60 fps on my PC. Normally it hovers around 80 fps but now its just stuck at 60. No V sync is not on. How do I fix it?

even shino cant get enough vek

operators doing operator things

then they make a shitty F2P MMO out of it and it makes billions, all that remain of Siege are those pure enough to be untouched by anime and its devilish charms

Anybody have a fix?

stop using that shit artists work as OP images

Are you using some recording device?

No
It just started today. Yesterday it was working normally.

Make me

this is a shad only zone, no other artists allowed

it doesn't look bad, what's wrong with it?

Premise: Attackers siege an entire city block to rescue the Defenders, Attackers get fucked up (Capitao dies) and when they meet up with what is left of the defenders (Rook died covering for Tachanka, Tachanka barely alive thanks to Doc, Ela dead with no intel) they continue the siege in a way that lets the Defenders actually defend (intentionally leaving flanks open etc)

Ash is the strong independynt womyn
Twitch is meme waifubait for nerds
IQ says something that the writer tries his best to sound useful
Mira is the actual strong independent woman who gets the highest killcount for the girls
Valkyrie is the meme edgelord
Frost is asian waifubait, director does his best to make someone getting his leg snapped into an epic shot
>Caveira
Best girl, ((interrogates)) multiple enemies, takes (doesn't take) a bullet for Ash and leaves the audience wondering why she was called a Defender

Of course the best parts go to the men, SAS and the russians in particular.

>no good artists allowed
ftfy

thanks

Probably that it's anime-ish. I think it's better that than... other, artists, but a screenshot works just as well.

>Attackers siege an entire city block
>implying Spetsnaz doesn't remove the entire city from physical existence five minutes into the operation

>operator says "im dry"
>they still have at least 1 bullet in the mag

What do you guys think about spawn killing?
I constantly do it with Valkyrie and everyone rages hard. It's pretty funny how aggressive the chat channel gets desu

I had the same issue
I used nvidia inspector to find out something capped all fps at 86fps for whatever reason

super easy to counter
its annoying to get killed that way but a little bit of game knowledge will stop it from happening

>randomly spraying through walls
>get two headshots in rapid succession
>both start crying about cheating
>mfw

stop cheating

>NEW MAGAZINE
>inserts shells

Inb4 some faggot goes on about muh anchoring.

>shitveira
>best "girl"

ew

I wouldnt say hibana is strictly better than thermite. I still appreciate the fuckhuge holes he makes

g-got anymore shoe reaction images? I think she's pretty cute and funny but I never got an reactions from her

It's what you do when you can't afford Call of Duty. The strategy looks something like this: "I'm going to run outside or peek from a window and hope that my enemy is retarded"
But you're just having fun bro amirite

Imagine being a mute player and once you are finished all your prep bullshit which lasted 30 seconds past the prep phase the round is over or there is one person left on the enemy team
Thankfully the natural response to aggressive codshit is to play as slowly as possible and ADHDs who died doing it whinge because they can't sit still watching the anchors is always amusing

Stay mad kiddo

>its a buck and/or sledge stay quiet and do their thing episode

>Not using this for Buck Edition

I traded my PS4 in this morning so I could never play siege again. The fucking game turned into a drug to me, it wasn’t even fun anymore I just felt obligated to play it to try to reach diamond. My gpa has hit the shitter this semester due to this game. I stopped going to the gym because I wake up too tired due to staying up late playing. Competitive shooters are fucking drugs to me and I just cannot play it anymore. I enjoyed the shitposting for many months, /r6g/. Have fun

I just started making a reaction folder of her and only have this other pic so far.

>PS4

when are we getting uniforms in alpha packs

That's levels of smug that shouldn't even be physically possible!

Girls really need to be told when makeup is too much

here I got one for your folder

>buck is better sledge
This is simply not true.Buck has a limit and breaches from afar.Sledge breaches from close and can do it a lot.
>hibana is better thermite
Not true.Both operators take down reinforced walls but in different ways.Hibana cuts a specific pattern where Thermite takes down the whole thing.
>frost is better kapkan
No.Frost's traps can only kill/damage a single person.Kapkan's traps are weaker more numerous and can damage/kill multiple people if they are close.
>ela is better echo
I don't play those operators so i can't really tell.

>when makeup is too much
>not liking Shoe's eyelashes

My dick would like to have a few words with you.

Thanks, user!

>Ela is a better echo

Copper I see. Echo is invaluable in bomb. A better comparison would be smoke and echo

>come back to r6 because friends are playing it
>be on the border map
>playing as buck
>it's the biohazard container mode
>all friends eventually die, and theres 30 seconds left
>last friend dies to cav interrogation halfway across the map
>20 seconds left and they know where I am, with 2 enemies left
>rush in as buck
>kill doc
>cav come behind and kills me
>"Wow, nice job going in when cav knew where you were"

Was I in the wrong for doing this with the limited time? Should I have just waited for cav's interrogation to finish before going in? There was like 15-20 seconds left when I started to go in.

I'm really confused and i'm trying to improve and just want to know if I was the shitter in this situation.

That's what they are

Echo is fucking trash.

>playing bomb

You would've had maybe 8 or less seconds if you'd waited so you're fine, it's their retarded fault for getting interrogated

If defenders step outside they should instantly die

You were in the right here. It didn't matter either way.

You did good. She'd know where you're coming from either way, as moving towards a different entry point with that time left would lose you the game anyway.

>tfw trying to plant and accidentally drop it instead and it clips through the floor and continues to fall down into the abyss

They make the reaction images themselves with all the text and closeup in every vid

Git gud copper boy

"rainbow six siege is a tactical game, in which defenders stay in a building and defend while the attackers have to siege the building" - Ubisoft 2015

The amount of spawn peeking, and shit Ubi has been trying to do is fucking hilarious.

Somehow even cs:go can make defending an objective gamemode better then rainbow six can, maybe it's because in rainbow six when you die you arnt a detriment to your team for the next round. But in cs:go you spend money and have to budget shit out, and if you give the enemies a good gun your actively killing your team. This works both ways in cs:go, but for some reason since Rainbow 6 doesnt have this sense of being a detriment to your team, spawn peeking is almost encouraged.

Not to mention anything that Ubi tries to do to counter this ends up being fucking atrocious

Fix 1:
>Give attackers 5 seconds and give them an atrocious orange filter over their screen that besidse vision doesnt really impede them

Fix 2:
>Try to make it so looking inside and outside of a building is both too bright and too dark to see anything, and yet this also effects defenders

Fix 3:
>Lower the spot time to 3 seconds, keep orange filter

Fix 4:
>Remove orange filter which discouraged running out and keep the 3 second time

T-Thanks for these fixes ubi, you sure know how to counteract spawn peeking!

How to play waIQfu/IQt4.13 in a useful way? Or is she useless? What loadout is best for her
>inb4 play twitch

take it slow, rappel and shoot, Acog abuse the fuck outta em.

As for her ability?

Soz for double post, is aug with acog and suppressor/comp best too?

Use verticality to your advantage and shoot out gadgets from the floor beneath or above if possible.

Turn it on before you enter a window/door and you should be fine.

Ty anons

Aug isn't as useful as the 552 overall so I'd recommend that instead

Looking for chill people to pub stomp in casual with on PS4

Post PSN ID's

Why so? Is it the recoil of the aug? Imo the bullpup is aestheic af

Yes while Aesthetic the gun performs poorly with it's fire rate mixed with said recoil and bad grouping alongside with it.

The game has evolved pretty dramatically since launch. Run outs are an expected part of maps, deal with it, git gud, or stop playing.
You forgot to mention the gadgets and changes that Ubisoft has made to nerf these runouts:
>claymores, which gives a free kill for the other team
>no more instant-vaults that you have zero time to react to, hitting and vaulting has a 1~ second delay so you have time to react to breaking sounds
>Moving a handful of spawns in the game, so you can have more than a single avenue of approach
>Removing ACOGs from the two defenders that used it the most
>Barricade and debris now stay on the map and hit outwards, so you can tell what is broken without looking at the breach itself

If you want to play CSGO, then go back to CSGO. Spawn peeking is laughably easy to counter, while runouts should be expected from the two places that they can do so when you're assaulting an objective from outside.

The new defender can stick to ceilings with a rope-like device to create ambushes.

sounds awful

echo's drone: the operator

>Ela better echo

have you ever been echoed?

>two trap stunning ops aren't a good comparison
>a better comparison is a damage over time, area denial op versus a trap stunning op
what

Sam Fisher confirmed gook defender.

How have they not put a House 24/7 gamemode in yet, are the devs retarded?

wouldn't that be more balanced as an attacker?

fucking Yokai-Man can just sit in roof like a spider all game.. and shoot the attackers when they enter..

>you're totally bullshitting
>if you are not i bet this gook will only be able to use pistol while stuck in roof

>try and run outside in pvp
>punished with getting revealed
>try and run outside in pve
>punished with guaranteed death
I mean maybe if the netcode was actually decent so the detection counter worked properly it'd be fine the way it is but as far as I see they already have a functional means of keeping the attackers indoors but they just don't use it in multiplayer for reasons unknown

>take plane out of map selection
>still play on it regularly
the devs are retarded

yeah hibana is definitely not better than thermite in any way, she just has a better ar, 3 speed, a more versatile, safer gadget and a pocket smg, dont forget that 95% pickrate either

Decided to play after not touching this game in months
>TKers everywhere
>People disconnect constantly cuz lol why stay
>Every gamemode just comes down to who can corner peak with the ACOG better
Goddamn I don't know how you guys like this game, its so annoying and unfun and the community is a bunch of TKing retards. Good riddance, I'm uninstalling again.

im amazed we still only have TWO playlists despite the game only growing in popularity since its launch 2 years ago. oh wait that wouldnt sell more season passes so who cares :)

then play ranked nigger

I get pissy when I have to play tryhard stuff and I only have like 3 DLC operators so I feel like I wouldn't be able to contribute well. I also hate like half the maps in the game.

Then get friends to play casual with, otherwise this game is not for you in any way shape or form

yeah i have and my sensitivity doesnt appear to drop

dont tryhard in ranked then
fuck around and have fun
your internet points will go down but it will be better than casual

This. Every now and then the KAIROS don't line up right and there'll be this rogue piece of metal stopping you from vaulting over, crawling under, or walking through smoothly and it just makes you wish you had a brimstone instead. Hibana may be generally "better" but she doesn't completely replace him

I don't think it is for me period, unpolished garbage with devs that clearly are more interested in pushing out content to sell season passes than putting in basic stuff like map playlists or fixing stuff like people exploiting high ping is bullshit. Overwatch isn't the best but at least I don't feel like I'm being jew'd and every game is a shitshow.

>hur I suck at this game and I hate playing with the other shitters but this game is shit anyway

But dicking around is an asshole move to anyone who wants to do well, playing selfishly is completely contrary to the point of ranked in any game and I can't stand it when people do it.

>lol I'm not going to address your valid point of the devs churning out content for more money rather than making a nicer game, lets ignore the fact Health did shit
Hi Mr Ubishit Dev

>bad grouping
nigga what? guns are 100% accurate in this game, what does grouping have to do with anything? You tap fire shot after shot and let your recoil reset after each and there's only going to be one hole in whatever you were shooting.
And you didn't even mention that the worst part of the AUG by far is how much the viewmodel blocks your screen, even more so with the acog.

tell ubi to fix casual then
if theyre going to fuck me im going to play the only way that actually lets me have fun

fine
>unpolished
It's pretty polished in 2017 compared to how it started and I see nothing wrong with it
>more interested in pushing out content than fixing stuff
But they have been fixing stuff, most recently Blitz and Kapkan who have been updated, the most common spawnpeeking spots, and a lot of other shit. Sure they've still got a lot of fix but they're doing their best with the shit cards Ubi gave them.
>Overtrash
>better than anything
hah

Kek. Yous a bitch my dude

>teamkilled for putting a mira on an unreinforced wall
Fuck off m8

>Rainbow gets deployed to deal with another Bartlett or something
>Operators standing around outside formulating a plan, how to best utilize all their cool donut steel gadgets
>Right as they finish planning and start prepping their gear Recruit shows up with all the hostages in tow, operation successful

Honestly all I know is that Recruit would be MC, at the end of the show he becomes an official member of Rainbow, gets offered a special piece of kit but turns it down because breaching charges and flashbangs are all he will ever need.

>queue ranked
>guy in my game at 2:2 dies
>previously bitched at me for stealing "his" kill even though i downed and killed the guy
>dies as pulse
>ask for a call
>doesnt respond
>ask him why next round
>says because I didnt ask "respectfully"
>tell him to fuck off and he doesnt deserve respect
>tk's me and says lol u mad
>next round says i stole his kill again
>tk him because I'm sick of his shit
>round after downs me with cav and then tries to shoot me down to 1 health
>tks me in an autistic rage when i stim myself to full health and gets banned
Why do people like this even play the game?